It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Brilliant or Buffoon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here's a blog a friend sent to me, with a really Tinhat Theory...

Obama's Secret Plan to discredit the Investment Banker Cabal?

Obama's Secret Plan
April 22, 2009
www.oftwominds.com...

In which we speculate that perhaps Obama has a secret plan to discredit the investment banker cabal and thus undermine their vast political power and reach.

Many observers, partisans non-partisans alike, have been mystified by President Obama's continuation of the Bush/bankers/Treasury's "privatize bonuses, socialize risks" campaign of taxpayer-funded bank bailouts, phony slight-of-hand "transparency" and political support for blatantly bogus accounting of banks' profits, assets and losses.

The failure of the Obama administration to pursue real regulatory "change" (such as actually enforcing regulations that are already on the books instead of throwing bankers new squeeze toys like "relaxed" mark-to-fantasy accounting) has moved many from mystification to outrage.

Where's the "change" in this continuation of Bush/bailout policies? What is the rationale of a supposedly "progressive" president in filling his financial administration with "investment banker Borgs"?
More at Link...

Now is this actually possible?

Could someone actually think of something so simple?

Could the "Investment Banker Borgs" be so focused and single minded in their relentless quest to conquer, that this could work?

Hmmm...thoughts?

[edit on 4/22/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Obama is a lot smarter than some (most?) people on ATS want to give him credit for. Once every so often, he lets something slip that lets you know that he actually understands what's going on. I think he's either protecting himself from the bankers (Presidents who have taken on the Fed have not had the best of luck, historically), or he's got something going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to.

In regards to this particular scheme: Obama does have a history of pretending to play nice while waiting for his opponent to self-destruct. I don't think that this is something that should be discarded.

Non-related, but relevant to the "reality of political change" theme: If any politician ever waned to actually decrease government spending and power, the only viable way to do it would be to completely bankrupt the country and force change. Congress would block any efforts, under any more prosperous situations. It's been speculated that this was Reagan's real agenda with the Laffer-curve failure.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Interesting...

I'll have to do a bit of research on Obamas past...

With his background in Chicago "politics" he might actually know how to play the game better than the players at the table already...

They are known for playing "dirty"...

Reverse physiology?

Hide in plain site?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
While I am not entirely sure that I completely agree with where he is taking us, I think Obama is a brilliant man. Now, brilliant does not always equal effective. Refer to Woodrow Wilson and Richard Nixon.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Well if this Tinhat theory is true, it would be a genius master plan...

Treat them just like a little kid...

Give them all the candy they can eat and watch 'em self destruct...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Obama: Brilliant or Buffoon?

Neither. And far more irrelevant to the financial crisis than most people realize.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Obama is not different than Bush in any real meaningful way. He plans to close Gitmo, he releases "torture" memos, he appologizes to everyone who will listen, but interms of fiscal policy, he is the same man. In reality, regardless of what he says, his conduct is Bush on steroids.

1) More wire tapping now than before: Link

2) Following Bush Policy with detainees in Afganistan: Link

Here is an article - from all places CNN - during the campaign comparing BHO to GWB: Link

Just more of the same government squashing the little people so their rich friends get even richer.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Did you actually read the blog?

By him doing exactly what they want him to do, they hang themselves...

And he achieves his campaign promise of "change", through us, by taking the whole damn machine down...

Isn't that what we "really" want?

A end to the greedy beast that's sucking the life out of us?

If it was true, it would be the smartest way to do it really...right in front of their blind eyes...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theWCH
In regards to this particular scheme: Obama does have a history of pretending to play nice while waiting for his opponent to self-destruct. I don't think that this is something that should be discarded.

Where, When, Need some documentation to this assertion here

I'd really enjoy seeing that, from all I have read Obama has stayed middle of the road or very aggressive back stabber in all things, never "playing nice" while waiting for opponent to self destruct.

Just look at how he removed any opponents in the Illinois elections

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
How about Liar, that seems the be what most are thinking and starting to say about him now...would liar be a better word?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I really did TRY to read the blog, but it is complete rubbish. It’s a rant without any nuance or financial understanding.

The Blogger is saying that by doing the exact same thing the previous administrating was doing, this administration is doing something different.

How on Earth is doing the same thing as Bush - and going further e.g. public private investment plan for "toxic" assets - is B. Husssain O. doing something different?

He is an establishment guy pretending to be the Change president.

By changing Mark to Market, the Banks are swelling their balance sheets. By creating the Pub/Priv plan, the tax payer is taking the risk while the investors are deriving the benefit. He is neither brilliant nor buffoon. He is the same as the last guy.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

See? It's working...

By him doing exactly the same thing as his predecessors, he's inciting the public to take the reins and force change...

He can't do it out right...Lincoln and JFK failed when trying a "full frontal assault"...

Between the crooked Congress and money changers they would smoke him faster than a thanksgiving turkey...

By inciting us, we get the job done...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I give you a star because I just can't figure out how to respond to your logic.

Its very Zen: by doing nothing different, I am doing everything different.

I'll try not paying my bills, maybe they'll get paid anyway.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It's OK...I confuse myself sometimes

Most people are aware of "something" not being right for sometime now...

Their getting fed up...

By making this crisis and it's results so transparent, as so no one can mistake it for what it really is, it will empower us to force change...

Does this make any sense at all to you?

He, as one person can't do it...but we can...he's making it as plain as day, what's up and how they're playing us...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I'll try to find some links, and if that fails, I'll just give you a rough outline of what he's been doing that worked. There should be something, since the MSM has talked about it fairly extensively, at least on TV.

Remember, he wasn't terribly good at winning elections until he was running for a Senate seat in Washington. About ten years ago he couldn't even win a seat in the House of Representatives, and it looked like his political career was going to stall.

For all the talk of his community organizer experience, it was his realization that he could apply his Law skills to campaigns that turned him into a perceived wunderkind.

And he is ruthless, and very disciplined. He lets the opponent tie the rope around their own neck, and then kicks the chair out from underneath them -- or lets the media kick the chair out.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
puppet pure and simple

Geithner and summers on the team = not happening unless by some long shot they resign

The spending plan full of fluffanutter says no i don't think so as well.....

there is a ticker forum topic where members basically say the same thing and although they are always a bearish crowd i agree with them that this guy like to discuss long shots and make vaguely believeable story's to support them.......

also should the bankers fall it doesn't mean obama was behind it.....

new topics

top topics

join