It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama leaves door open to Bush officials' prosecution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Source: www.cnn.com...

Obama said it will be up to Attorney General Eric Holder to decide whether or not to prosecute the former officials. "With respect to those who formulated those legal decisions, I would say that is going to be more a decision for the attorney general within the parameter of various laws, and I don't want to prejudge that," Obama said during a meeting with Jordan's King Abdullah at the White House. "There's a host of very complicated issues involved there. As a general deal, I think we should be looking forward and not backward.

So it looks like they may be on the path to being trialed in an international court. Normally I am against international anything, but these are war crimes done internationally.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Ciphor]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
what a joke. you want to bet no one gets tried over this.

also you can reply to me on this all you want ill take no part in such a stupid waste of time.

[edit on 15pmu22007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Seriously? the fact that this is hitting the ground running is sad..

It appears that the response the USA, made after 911, is asked to be punished, we basically ravaged the World, and found the people that were responsible for attacking us, also we got answers and people paid for it, In essence the wrath of wounded dieing god swept the world, and now 2009, everyone is demanding Punishment for what? Questionable tactics to get answers to protect the country? Man their bigger and meaner issues on the burner right now, like Osama bin laden, or North Korea, or Iran, or the unstable middle east, yet CNN, and all the other mainstream media, numb skulls wanna go back into the past.. WOW.. We are setting ourselves for failure.. Freaking 100 usda failure. Our enemies are laughing and playing our politicians today.. tomorrow and maybe even a few from now.. Just stupid.. We have a short term memory we do.. I suppose it will take another assault on America, to really make us remember how unsafe we really are.. tortue to me is starvation, beatings, um, knives cutting eyes out, things like that.. What we did was torture it was tactics to get answers, how else can we get answers from our enemies? LOL HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA seriously how else? Asking please.. Lets move on to something more important, this is not news this is, just distractions..

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Good for us all...

OUR leaders need to know that they are not above the law...

What if we get an unbalanced mind in the future? They will see no consequence for their actions and therefor act with impunity.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
you do realize that this opens the door for every other president of our country to be tried for what someone else deems to be criminal actions??

if this proceeds clinton can be tried and we all know how much the left loves clinton.

oh yeah how much more wishy washy can obama get first he says no then yes then ???

you do know that the democrats were in power for the last two years of the bush terms?? they were aware of everything he did and yet the did nothing?

so by their inactions if you want to make bush criminal so is congress by their inaction.

all this is is trying to appease the far left extremists because of obama waining support.

yeah obama keep giving the left fresh meat so they wont see what your really doing.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Obama is the new Osama... Got to love this guy. I suppose they will use selective evidence just as they have done with the declassification of "torture" techniques.

The more this guy does the more he proves he is the real enemy.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

First you compare our president to a known terrorist based on nothing, then you say he's the real enemy.

ATS has changed into an absolute breeding ground for ignorance

new topics

top topics

join