It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss California gets everyones panties in a bunch!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It is sad how such a small issue that should even be one has raised so much animosity on all sides. With all that is going on, why does this have to be on the top of the list? Country is crumbling, people are homeless and hungry, jobs are drying up, wars going on, we are losing our freedoms more and more. But the issue of whether gays should get married or not is that much more important? Just let them get married, leave them the hell alone and the hater's can move on with their lives! But it seems to me that people are all for freedoms being taken away and or restricted because wouldn't this be an example of restricting freedom? Yes on both sides.

One side wants gays to either "drop the act and be straight again" or to be slaughtered, exhiled, you name it. There's one restriction of freedom. The other side, anytime some does what miss california did, then free speech takes a hit. Even though I believe that miss cali and the pro gay crowd each exercised their free speech well, but this could mean that contestants in the future will be prohibited from expressing their opinions. That's the other freedom restriction that will happen. This all needs to stop because it is not accomplishing anything good, the only solution is to let gays have the rights they seek and the other side needs to just get on with their lives.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Let's face it,these competitions aren't about the contestants views really, are they?.

So she dared to say what most people think,she gets shot down for it

It's such a contradiction isn't it!!

The gay or gay supporter says religion is an outdated concept and why should they act 'normal'..because diversity is what makes people,well, people.

Yet they want to take a 'normal' religious based ceremony so they can have 'normal' people's rights.?

You can't have it both ways.You can't be a minority and a majority at the same time.

People are so busy trying to be 'politically correct' and 'broad minded' they forget to actually think about what they're exactly in favour of.

Before I get flamed, I'm using the word 'normal' mathematically.. As in the norm/mean/average.

2008: CNN exit polling showed self-identified gay, lesbian, and bisexual voters at 4% of the voting population in the United States presidential election, 2008.

en.wikipedia.org...

4% is not a 'normal' percentage.
If you ask 100 people if they are gay,'normally' they will say no.

(Even the ones who are)

So stand up.be proud or whatever.. but stop making people say what you want to hear because it hurts your feelings.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
I'm Pro Gay Marriage, i think anyone should have the right to marry if they want, who are we or anyone else to dictate who can and can't be married?

I'm also Pro Free Speech, so she does have the right to say what she believes, but i also think maybe she could have gone about it in a better way

"A better way"? Are you absolutely kidding me? She stated her position in the most sensitive and logical terms available, and if it still offends anyone, then that is THEIR problem. For the record as well, Perez Hilton as a judge is the most LUDICROUS aspect of the entire event. Perez is nothing but a fruit cake with a loud and filthy mouth, and he retains about as much logic and calculative abilities as a broken, dysfunctional door knob.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I think the poor girl got a loaded question. You know a catch 22. Which leads me to beleive, that the outcome of the pageant was pre-meditated.

I thought the host stole the show when he made his tivo comment. Which could have been pre-meditated also.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

that is why i dont have a tv or buy movies. i absoultly refuse to pay the insane salarys of these loud mouth idiots who believe the only right way is their way. give me a break. these people are a joke and the sad thing is just beacuse of a few yuppie headed idiots who cant look away from their tv for more time than it takes to piss like them they are the coolest thing on earth. Gods gift the the brain dead idiots who sit around thinking how they can next blame us for their problems, put it on a tee-shirt and be cool for 15 more minutes. if you cant tell these ##### Head ##### faces ##### suc#### idiots really give me the red ass. or get my goat or what ever..

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
she is entitled to her opinions...

However it is just a matter of time - some men try to halt the progress of man kind
and in every case their energy in for not.

Give it up yalls, its not wether or not your hard line will fall... it is when...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is a direct quote from the article

"Miss California Carrie Prejean made her controversial comments on Sunday night's show."

Its now CONTROVERSIAL to be opposed to gay marriage!!!!!????

What the #!?

I'm gonna be sick

This country is going to hell in a hand basket

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22

"Miss California Carrie Prejean made her controversial comments on Sunday night's show."

What the #!?

I'm gonna be sick

well toss it up now...

Its gonna happen sooner or latter.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
None of you read Perez Hilton's website, do you? Coming from someone who reads the site daily (even though I rarely agree with him), this doesn't surprise me. I could have predicted that he would ask a question that would generate a catch-22 situation like this.

Personally, I don't have a problem with her answer, I don't agree with it, but I don't have a problem with it. I do, however, have a problem with how she answered it sentence-structure wise. I would have thought someone would have taught her how to form sentences.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

What the #!?

I'm gonna be sick

Wow I can't believe it.

I am against gay marriage, but not for religious reasons. I believe being gay is not natural and an unbalance of something in the brain, like a mental illness. Of course I wouldn't tell this to any any gay people I see from time to time.

Just think about what two men get up to... are you still pro-gay marriage.?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

No no no no no, I think you're misinterpreting what I mean.. I think its ludacris that this woman is being grilled because of her anti-gay marriage beliefs.. I share those beliefs also. And now its "controversial" to not believe in gay marriage? That's ridiculous....

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

No, I'm agreeing with you. Sorry if it didn't come out that way

I'm also shocked at the majority of Americans views on gay marriage.

[edit on 20/4/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

reply to post by dmorgan

I share those beliefs also. And now its "controversial" to not believe in gay marriage? That's ridiculous....

no its not controversial to not believe in gay marriage. its controversial to not believe in what ever agenda they are pushing at that time. this fruit cake could have asked here a losded question about any liberal agenda and it would have envoked the same responce. she whas damned if she did and damned if she didnt and i am proud to she she did. you have to admire that weither or not you agree with her...

reply to post by dmorgan

i just wante dto ask why you were shocked.

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6
None of you read Perez Hilton's website, do you? Coming from someone who reads the site daily (even though I rarely agree with him), this doesn't surprise me.

Personally, I don't have a problem with her answer, I don't agree with it, but I don't have a problem with it. I do, however, have a problem with how she answered it sentence-structure wise. I would have thought someone would have taught her how to form sentences.

I have never in my entire life ever read Perea Hilton's website. Besides that irrelevant point. How can you mark or score someone on a personal opinion? Especially when it's about gay rights or abortion rights. Those are loaded questions and should be exempt.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
HA... it seems funny that people are so caught up on words ...its the facts we need to be concerned with! too much talk and not enough action!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Just to be clear my last post was not aimed at anyone in particular just the topic

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Logan

My point was that I'm used to seeing him constantly post about things such as gay rights or anything like that, so seeing him ask a question like that, and then his reaction, does not surprise me.

I have no doubt that the score he gave her was for personal reasons.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm another person who supports both gay marriage and freedom of speech. Just because someone says something or believes something I disagree with, I wouldn't DREAM of trying to strip away their rights to say it. I'll leave that for the fanatics that demand everyone thinks like them.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It seems that the general consensus in this thread is that Miss Cali should be congratulated for exercising her rights to free speech and unjustly lost the Miss USA title. I say you are all wrong.

I'm glad she was denied the chance to be crowned Miss America. It's true she has a right to say whatever she wants, but I'm pretty sure that the winner of this contest is supposed to set an example. I don't care how she was raised, she pretty much admitted that she discriminates against gays and lesbians just because of their sexual preferences.

This is the 21st century, in case you haven't noticed. This country is progressing towards equal marriage rights, and it's leaving all of the archaic puritan beliefs that some still cling onto behind.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer
It seems that the general consensus in this thread is that Miss Cali should be congratulated for exercising her rights to free speech and unjustly lost the Miss USA title. I say you are all wrong.

I'm glad she was denied the chance to be crowned Miss America. It's true she has a right to say whatever she wants, but I'm pretty sure that the winner of this contest is supposed to set an example. I don't care how she was raised, she pretty much admitted that she discriminates against gays and lesbians just because of their sexual preferences.

This is the 21st century, in case you haven't noticed. This country is progressing towards equal marriage rights, and it's leaving all of the archaic puritan beliefs that some still cling onto behind.

This is the perfect example of what most of the people on this thread are complaining about. Saying someone is discriminating against gays and lesbians because you say that you believe marriage is between a man and woman is just not right. Marriage was created by certain faiths who would define marriage as being the union of 1 man and 1 woman.

A more reasonable answer would be that MAYBE you are discriminating when you say gays and lesbians dont have the right to have some sort of government recognized civil union type of thing. But you could also then use that same logic to make a case that you are discriminating against sociopaths when they break laws because the were born with no conscience.

She set a great example of not bending her beliefs just to please a bunch of judges at a stupid pagent.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

[edit on 21-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join