Miss California gets everyones panties in a bunch!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+16 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Miss California messed up the gay agenda when she was asked her opinion about gay marriage by Perez Hilton during the Miss America pagent. In a nutshell, her answer was that she believed marriage was intended for a man to be married to a woman. Now everyone related to the pagent is offended and hurt by her answer.
I guess you cant have your own opinion in this world unless it goes along with whatever minority group that wants their way thinks is correct. God forbid someone get offended in this country by not being told what they want to hear.

Miss California story

By the way I just want to add:
Thanks Miss California for giving your real opinion instead of just giving the "correct" answer in order to win. You will always be Miss USA to me.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm Pro Gay Marriage, i think anyone should have the right to marry if they want, who are we or anyone else to dictate who can and can't be married?

I'm also Pro Free Speech, so she does have the right to say what she believes, but i also think maybe she could have gone about it in a better way

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Did you read her answer. It was not offensive at all. She just said she was raised to believe that marriage was between a man and a woman. How is she going to go about it nicer than that?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I was reading this this morning on a Perez's own site. He was not too happy. I on the other hand am for gay marriage but I am also for freedom of speech. She was being honest when most contestants say what is supposed to be said so they can win. She said later on she knew her answer would cost her the crown but she said it anyways. That says something, she isnt going to say what the masses want to here and I respect her for that. I may not like what she had said but it was her right.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
I'm also Pro Free Speech, so she does have the right to say what she believes, but i also think maybe she could have gone about it in a better way

you are pro free speech but her speech is not good enough for you. that is just crazy talk. She was asked a question and gave an answer. Guess what she was right. When the right of marriage was designed they were for guess what a MAN and a WOMAN to bond as one. I am not going to argue with you about gay marriage, people can do what ever they want just leave me alone. however I will argue with you about your double standards...

[edit on 15pmu32007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
no i read it, and i re-read it again.

i don't think this should even be an issue anyway, beside these pageants are complete bollocks

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
By the way I am not anti gay marriage. People can do whatever they want, its a free country (kind of). I am just so sick of every minority sub group in this country making everyone out to be racist, sexist, or anti-gay everytime they disagree with them.

If you disagree with Obama it must be because you are racist.
If you disagree with gay marriage you must hate gay people.

Its just a petty attempt to win an argument. Why cant we just be adults and debate the issue without everyone making into some sort of hate mongering type thing?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

you are pro free speech but her speech is not good enough for you. that is just crazy talk. She was asked a question and gave an answer. Guess what she was right. When the right of marriage was designed they were for guess what a MAN and a WOMAN to bond as one. I am not going to argue with you about gay marriage, people can do what ever they want just leave me alone. however I will argue with you about your double standards...

[edit on 15pmu32007 by DaleGribble]

no you are right, she did have the right to say how she feels, and while i don't agree on her stance on that issue, she has the right to free speech, she also didn't bash or be outright offensive, she spoke her mind..

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

no i read it, and i re-read it again.

i don't think this should even be an issue anyway, beside these pageants are complete bollocks

So if you reread it twice then explain to me how it was offensive or hurtful? I just dont understand how it could have been worded any less offensive, because it is not offensive it is just her opinion and she just happens to disagree with some peoples point of view. I mean if she wanted to be mean she could have said somethng like "I dont believe in gay marriage because I dont want to see Perez Hilton looking like some nasty hag queen in a wedding dress."

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

Its just a petty attempt to win an argument. Why cant we just be adults and debate the issue without everyone making into some sort of hate mongering type thing?

i have to agree with you on that, when you debate with people about lets say topic at hand Gay Marriage, people always throw in the "religion" and how it was designed for a man and women, which is bollocks.. which in turn sparks another debate about religion, and its a never ending thing

i don't believe in any of that religious bollocks

but what if someone said they were raised to think that black people should not have the same rights as whites, that would label them as a racist right?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Miss California messed up the gay agenda when she was asked her opinion about gay marriage by Perez Hilton during the Miss America pagent. In a nutshell, her answer was that she believed marriage was intended for a man to be married to a woman. Now everyone related to the pagent is offended and hurt by her answer.
I guess you cant have your own opinion in this world unless it goes along with whatever minority group that wants their way thinks is correct. God forbid someone get offended in this country by not being told what they want to hear.

Miss California story

By the way I just want to add:
Thanks Miss California for giving your real opinion instead of just giving the "correct" answer in order to win. You will always be Miss USA to me.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. If she had of came out and said oh everyone should be free to choose to marry whoever they want, she would have had the other end calling her pro gay.

It was a lose, lose, setup of a question really. Someones always pissed.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I hate pageants, such a complete waste. She said "I think I believe". I don't care which way her opinion goes, but to say I think I believe. She doesn't know what to believe? Pageants! I hate 'em.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Government needs to get out of the marriage business altogether. Marriage is a religious institution not a secular one. There is no reason why government should be supporting it one way or the other, especially through taxes and what not.

Moreover, it doesn't matter what these beauty queens ,their heads are so full of air they might float away if the rocks they have for brains didn't counterbalance it. This lady learned the hard way that in that business you don't say what you think, you say what the judges want to hear. I find it disgusting anyways. I mean those women in no way represent what a beautiful woman, all encompassing should be. Way too skinny and anorexic looking. Bag of bones with big silicone bags on their chest. No thanks. The fact that America is so beautiy obsessed in and of itself is symbolic of our own spiritual decay.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

i can understand how some people might find it offencive but i mean come on its being pretty trivial. you are 100% right it shouldnt be an issue. but sadly in todays PC society if you are straight white and a christian everything you do is wrong. oh well, i fit the above discription but like i said to each their own. i could careless what other people want to do or who they marry. stright or gay just leave me the hell alone..

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I'm Pro Gay Marriage, i think anyone should have the right to marry if they want, who are we or anyone else to dictate who can and can't be married?

Although I agree with you on believing anyone should be allowed to marry anyone they wish I also think that maybe you missed the point of this post.

Gone about it in a better way? She says what she believes which is rare and far and few in between nowadays. It's ridiculous that she should be ridiculed for speaking from her heart. It's her belief. Right or wrong it is her right to state what she wants. Now, if she went out and starting slandering and bashing gays it would be a completely different matter. She didn't, so it isn't.

I hate it that these days people have to FEAR expressing their beliefs. I have no fear about it. If someone is offended then it is their own problem for interpreting what I am saying in whatever negative angle they are perceiving. Because that is all it is. Perception, and I can't help it if theirs is skewed towards the negativity plane of existence.

Now anyone who has read my posts on this issue knows where I stand. If they pay attention to anything I write which wouldn't really bother me if they didn't. But I will stand just as tall and just as firm for this girls rights to tell her version of her truth regardless of who allows themselves to be 'hurt' by this. It's a joke really. Get over it if you are upset by what she said.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

People site religion when talking about marriage because marriage started through religion. go through history read learn marriage is a religious rite in almost every society through out history

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i've stated above

Darth_Prime

no you are right, she did have the right to say how she feels, and while i don't agree on her stance on that issue, she has the right to free speech, she also didn't bash or be outright offensive, she spoke her mind..

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I love how people really, have deep thoughts and discussions and debates of what some girl, who most people have never even seen before, and does not effect there life one bit.

But what a politician says, well its exponential, few people debate or question what politicians are saying, but darnit we need to know what this Miss USA thinks, her opinion effects me!!

Sham, remember guys, she has no effect on anyone.

What she says does not mean One Thing at all. She can't tax you she can't arrest you, she has no control. Who really cares if she's not for gay marriage.

C'mon guys, I thought we only watched this for the bikini part.......

To relate this, imagine walking up to the Victoria Secret Annual Thing they do, and asking them what they think of gay marriage. You might as well ask a turtle their opinions on foreign relations!!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have been trying to avoid posting due to growing concerns of my on-line identity (maybe too much ATS
) , but I HAD to chime in on this one.

Because something is legal, permitted or socially accepted it doesn't require EVERYONE to conform or agree with it. Furthermore, I believe that it would make the world a very boring and humorless rock. This person did nothing more than answer a question. Though, I'm not quite sure if the quotes around the "Adam and Steve" comment were actually her's, regardless...it IS the Miss California Pagent!? What are we really expecting?

If it were up to me I would give her a HUGE double-whopper ruby tiara for being honest and answering a question truthfully (in so far as that it is HER opinion). Whether or not one agrees with her view is what is actually up for debate, but her answer is neither controversial or otherwise. The best part of the whole story is that the question was being asked by a homo-sexual, SO surely she must have believed in her own response!

Free Speech suckas!
Deal with it or complain openly!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

i have to agree with you on that, when you debate with people about lets say topic at hand Gay Marriage, people always throw in the "religion" and how it was designed for a man and women, which is bollocks.. which in turn sparks another debate about religion, and its a never ending thing

i don't believe in any of that religious bollocks

but what if someone said they were raised to think that black people should not have the same rights as whites, that would label them as a racist right?

Well you could make a case to make it a discussion based on religion since Marriage was originally an "institution" of religion.

Lets take your argument a step further. If someone says black people should have less rights that whites then they would be labeled a racist. That is correct unless they say it to another racist. But the real think to look at is you cant choose to be black or white. You just are. You can be born gay and choose not to live a gay lifestyle. So it is a behavioral choice. Just like you can be born with a tendency to be an alcoholic or drug addict but you can choose not to have that lifestyle. So the next line of thinking then is that since you were born an alcoholic you should be able to live your life drunk and no one should be able to disagree with that or "punish" you because you were born that way.

So in a nutshell, being free regardless of your color, should be a basic human right since you cant really decide to be black or white. However, certain rights can be given to you or not by society based on your life choices.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join