It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss California gets everyones panties in a bunch!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Don't ask a question on public TV if you don't already know how it will be answered.

That's a rule that may lawyers use. Don't ask a witness a question unless you know what the answer will be.

This is a clear case of someone not following that rule in a society that allows free speech.

Her answer wasn't mean or filled with hate speech, it's just what she believes.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Miss California messed up the gay agenda when she was asked her opinion about gay marriage by Perez Hilton during the Miss America pagent. In a nutshell, her answer was that she believed marriage was intended for a man to be married to a woman. Now everyone related to the pagent is offended and hurt by her answer.
I guess you cant have your own opinion in this world unless it goes along with whatever minority group that wants their way thinks is correct. God forbid someone get offended in this country by not being told what they want to hear.

Miss California story

By the way I just want to add:
Thanks Miss California for giving your real opinion instead of just giving the "correct" answer in order to win. You will always be Miss USA to me.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

What do you expect from a blue state?

Second Line

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

Please help me out. I am not sure what you meant by this. Could you please explain it to me so I can understand.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

But the real think to look at is you cant choose to be black or white. You just are. You can be born gay and choose not to live a gay lifestyle.

so you agree you are born gay, yes it's true you are born gay, you don't choose it, just like you can't choose to be straight. but i'm a little confused on what you mean "not living a gay lifestyle"

well, sorry to get this off topic..

now bring on the swimsuits!!

wait does that make me a sexist?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
good for her! everyone has the right to their own opinion ... better of her to tell her true thoughts, then to be fake like all the other contestants who just say what the judges want to hear ...

[edit on 20-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Lol, first of all all men are sexist! What I mean by living a gay lifestyle is that you can choose to date someone of the same sex,etc... Just like straight people choose to date/marry someone of a different sex, thus living a straight lifestyle. The point is that who you choose to date is a CHOICE for both straight and gay people. If you just extrapolate this out marriage will be watered down to be meaningless. The next thing is somebody will say they were born beastialic and so they should be able to legally marry their dog and on and on until people will just be married to anything.

Like I said before, I am not anti-gay marriage. Though to be honest it would be nice if they called it something else IMO, since marriage was originally created by certain faiths. Probably what they should do is have some kind of government recognized "union" for straight and gay people and then marriage be a seperate thing only performed by faiths that believe in such a thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I believe he said that you don't have to live out your sexuality, when you can live in celibacy so that you don't risk stepping on anyones toes, that don't agree with your sexuality.

He also meant, that the difference between Sexual Orientation and colour, is that you can choose to "live out" your orientation, but forgot to mention that you just in the same way also can choose what colour to have.

Nowadays you can give yourself pretty much whatever colour you wish, and thus, it is no exscuse to be born coloured either, as it is easy to bleach your skin.

That was the basic content in what he said.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Not everyone can afford to bleach their skin. But I am sure we could get the government to start paying for that.

Personally I would want to be made black. Then I could dance and sing better.
Now that was racist.... and a joke. Though I do really want to be black.

Also, it is debatable if people are actually born gay, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

I will say that a case could be made that being born gay is a genetic defect or a glitch in evolution. Because if everyone were gay then we wouldnt be able to procreate and our species would die out.

Not that I am really saying I believe that. I think people should love and have sex with who ever they want as long as I dont have to see it unless I want to

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Good for her at least she's not another totally useless puppet. Stick to your guns even if you don't become Miss America atleast you'll have no problems sleeping knowing you spoke your mind. As for Miss America it's just another useless contest based on looks and supposed free thinking anyway. As for the whole gay not gay thing it's a choice not something a person is born into or made to become. I like intelligent women with big breasts does that mean I was born that way? No that's my choice.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Saw this on the news this morning, and just totally cracked up after seeing the faces of the judges after she said what she did. I thought they were going to lynch her right on the spot.

Free speech has no place in today's Amerika, unless of course it is the Liberal Agenda you are agreeing with.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Free speech cannot be just a one way street, yes everyone has an opinion, but just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that you are safe from ridicule. People have a right to criticize opinions too. I have my opinions and views on a lot of things and when I say them publically, I don't expect people to just accept what I have to say unconditionally, they have a right to present their views as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Yeah it is amazing. Everyone is so "hurt and offended" because her views are different from theirs. How dare she say that I cant do whatever I want. I was born gay. I am special.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by itinerantseeker

I agree they can say whatever they want. But to sit there and make it into some big ordeal when she just stated her opinion is pathetic. They act like she killed someone. I guess no one is allowed to feel that way because it might hurt someones feelings.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

That's how people are unfortunatly, and the media doesn't help things either. This is just a small issue and this is the first time i've ever heard a pageant contestent be taken seriously, they are usually dismissed as brainless and shallow.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I commend her for giving an honest answer when certainly, she knew what the result would be. It shows a great deal more integrity on her part than that of the so-called judges.

So much for freedom of speech and respect of opposing viewpoints. Exactly who is the intolerant party in this case again?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm apalled this is an issue at all. She was asked a question -- a pointed question -- and she answered what she BELIEVED. End of story. There's no purpose in extropolating what she should have done or how her thinking is right or wrong. If a person states their opinion and then invites me to comment, then I probably will.

If there is a conspiracy angle, perhaps one would look at why she was asked such a loaded question when the others were not.

I was taught to not ask a question if I couldn't handle the answer. I don't agree with her stance on gay marriage, but I sure as hell agree with her right to think it and say it and not get raked over the coals for it.

I think it's a farce to prentend that beauty pagents are decided by such information anyway. humph!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The correct answer should have been....I am 100% for gay marriage...If a gay man wants to marry a gay woman no one should stop them. Equality for all, special rights for none!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Funny.

My answer would have been. "I do not support gay marriage as marriage is a sacred rite between a man and a women. However I fully support giving the identical rights to those who enter into gay unions. I just don't think marriage is the right word to describe gay unions, but I do think gays deserve the same rights"

If she had said thios would we still have the outrage (ok not really outrage)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Actually that would have been my answer as well. But I think it would still lead to outrage, because some gay folks will always feel wronged if they dont get to do exactly what straight people get to do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join