It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions on ufo hunting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
ok, well after seeing my first ufo, i would like to know how to hunt for ufos, where to hunt for ufos and what equipment do i need to hunt for ufos?
any help is appreciated.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
to be honest, if anyone honestly knew the answers to your questions, we would be there right now with HD camera's mounted on tripods (to stop that camera shake) fitted with the best zoom lens, Geiger counters, laser measuring devices, and 7 people of official standing and unrelated to each other, with 20/20 vision to act as witnesses

You can go to one of these hotspots, but usually everyone starts freaking when a plane comes into view, or they keep on nudging you asking if you're sure that "the star, right there, no not that one, that one, yeah, did it just move?" and you end up wishing you never came

failing that youtube seems to be full of it at the moment.

[edit on 17/4/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What I would do, is go camp overnight somewhere that you know is a UFO hotspot, but anywhere remote will probably be OK.

Invest in a powerful laser (the ones you can buy online). These things are very intense and they are very dangerous. NEVER aim one at a conventional aircraft. This happened in New Zealand not long ago while a plane was approaching Wellington Airport. The pilot got hit in the eyes and had to duck down, so it's pretty obvious why you wouldn't use the laser irresponsibly. They've got a good range on them and the beam is pretty intense.

Sleep under the stars if you like, and use a combination of meditation (thoughts inviting ET contact), and point your laser into the sky. If there are any UFOs around they might be drawn to the laser activity and come in for a closer look.

It might not be successful but it's something I want to try one day when I can afford one of those lasers

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
um what exactly do you mean when you say "hunt" ufo's? Do you want to capture one? Or would you like personal alien contact, or would you like to get "proof" to show to others? I wouldn't mind personal contact myself, and suggest like dmorgan did that meditation etc could help..

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Here is where you need to go.

I have been in this valley and seen many anomalies.

www.ufonut.com...

good luck!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If you are really serious about it I recommend you have a listen to Skyfloating's Alien Contact Meditation podcast. I have had two odd experiences while listening to this and I was in a deep meditative state. I believe that thought telepathy, or thought projection is the most successful means of attempting to contact an alien race that we have available to us at this point in time.

Also, check out Skyfloating's thread Tuning in to Extraterrestrial Contact.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The number 1 thing i try to bring with me whilst ufo spotting, and which should be top of everyones list " a witness ".. a credible witness can add so much more to your sighting.

I like to go up the pentland hills just outside edinburgh as there is no light whatsoever and you get amazing views of the sky from there. Its also close to an airport, major seaway and power stations so its an ideal spot for me to stargaze and ufo spot.

I take the best camera ive got available and the 3 other backup cameras i have and plenty of batteries. plenty of coffee and food to munch on, gps and apps for your mobile for star charts etc.

Gen 3 night vision goggles (only £2000 away from the pair ive got my eye on)

Some nice warm blankets tucked into the rucksack.

And finally just "incase" you witness a landing and make contact, the trusty tin foil hat... I dont leave home without one.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
to be honest, if anyone honestly knew the answers to your questions, we would be there right now with HD camera's mounted on tripods (to stop that camera shake) fitted with the best zoom lens, Geiger counters, laser measuring devices, and 7 people of official standing and unrelated to each other, with 20/20 vision to act as witnesses

You can go to one of these hotspots, but usually everyone starts freaking when a plane comes into view, or they keep on nudging you asking if you're sure that "the star, right there, no not that one, that one, yeah, did it just move?" and you end up wishing you never came

failing that youtube seems to be full of it at the moment.

[edit on 17/4/09 by Daisy-Lola]

PERFECT .... after all my life I finally lay claim to seeing a UFO and catching it on video (that totally sucked by the way) and in hind site I would / should keep a tripod and video outside IN CASE something happens again.

My link .....

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
My name is Big Bill, Ed grimsley and I just had an incredible 12 days
of showing over 500, yes five hundred people there first UFO at the 2009
UFO congress in Laughlin Nevada and here is my secret that I told a few people about how to see a real UFO without having to buy a pair of $3500.00 Pair of night vision goggles. First you need a powerful flashlight or torch as some people say.Next you need to find a quiet dark place with very little ambient light and create your own special code that you will use with your flashlight to get there attention,because up in the four corners of the sky are UFOs and those biological, etheric creatures they call critters and they move around and look just like UFOs . Go ahead and flash your code in the four corners of the sky at least four "4" times and wait, if there's nothing, try it again and it should work because it work's every time for me! They are always curious, so keep a video camera with you because that will be your chance! my first time it came down to only 40 yards away from me,it was a pretty hairy experience, so be prepared. Bring an extra pair of underwear, you may need them!!!!P.S. With all the kidding aside this Really does work!! So good luck!!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Sounds good sperical123..

At any point are you going to post the footage you shown to the 500 here on ATS?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
another question i have for all of you ufo hunters, what is all this talk that i have heard about using infra red camers and night vision googles?
does all of these things realy help, or is this all just talk?
i have read up and it looks as it might help, what do you think?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Here is where you need to go.

I have been in this valley and seen many anomalies.

www.ufonut.com...

good luck!!!!

Crazy, I live in The Mysterious Valley as well! Small world eh? As small as this big valley is there is a good probability that we have at least heard of each other lol.

Ok back on topic...

If it hasn't been mentioned before, 3G night vision is supposed to be the end all beat all, I'm going to get a pair and see what all the fuss is about. I am also researching SuperVision, not sure if it would be good for UFOs or not, if so it is cheaper.

I am also going to be setting up a 360 degree 24/7/365.25 recording system with at least some infrared/ultraviolet capability . If I get some decent footage, then I will attempt to figure out how to put in an extra motorized tracking camera and link it with the motion marker recording software.

I have heard people advocating the lazer lights mentioned and I can build one that will pop a balloon/light a match with one of the bazillion used CD drives I have laying around.

I already have a video for everyone to look at that I took with my camcorder, but I want to get the preliminary investigative work done first, many of these objects were seen around the time of my video! On that note, anyone sees, reads or hears of an account of orange orb/orange sphere/fireball in the sky PLEASE U2U me. I need the data for a research project of mine. Thanks.

Take care....Michael

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by darthStar
another question i have for all of you ufo hunters, what is all this talk that i have heard about using infra red camers and night vision googles?
does all of these things realy help, or is this all just talk?
i have read up and it looks as it might help, what do you think?

I would say just from what NASA picks up and then doesn't notice, that infrared and ultraviolet are a good choice. A lot of their camera equipment is more sensitive in those areas than what we get off the shelf. I believe there are some off the shelf cameras that can be modified to be more sensitive, the CCD chips are already sensitive but they actually build in a fillter to block it out, can't remember which brand(s).

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Another thing that is good to have is a decent pair of 10X or 12X binoculars with you, waterproof and vaporproof. For around $40 they are a good thing to have around.

Check your sightings against known data.

www.heavens-above.com will give you information on known satellites, ISS, predicted iridium flares and a skychart of stars and planets for the location and time.

www.flightaware.com has lots of data on commercial and private flights.

What we really need in the ufology field is good data that is referenced against known objects, and a lot less speculation.

top topics

join