It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we have Déjà vu?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I will say that I have been getting Déjà vu all my life and that is one of the reasons I came up with my time theory about it.
Once you experience something, you want to know the what, where and why's.

I have also had the strangest of Déjà vu? sensations, I am talking about everything looking like a little snapshot of my life which lasted around 7 seconds, the whole thing was as you experience with Déjà vu, the surroundings, the emotion and the sounds where all identical.
In my mind I knew something was missing from the picture however, there was meant to be a huge craft coming over the mountain which wasn't there.

Now i know the difference between a dream, premenitions and Déjà vu, so it wasn't anything else except Déjà vu.
This has happened to me twice in the last year, the rest of the time it has been regular Déjà vu, although I have to admit I have been getting it less and less over the last few months.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

Nothing bad to report, in fact my time there was rather boring and uneventful, so I have NO gift.
There was no reason for the bad feelings, in fact I got out of there with no problems.... But I still have another thousand + miles to go.

I did, however, come across some interesting stuff today while traveling and will post about that later in another thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I don't think so. Just because I saw one city burning and Americans fighting Americans doesn't mean everything was going to hell. I remain confident that what I saw was a battle of the future, but a battle that will not be apocalyptic. I also say the Freedom tower with construction cranes still on it in that dream, amongst the burning New York. They very fact that the cranes were still there indicates to me that construction must have been going on recently, so it must have been a sudden change in society that caused that. But because I saw myself wearing part military uniform, part civilian outfit, it must mean that civilians were fighting. And if civilians were alive enough to fight, there must have been some who ran away while the rest went to fight, indicating that there must be survivors and society elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

from the summary :
This 'universal mind' can be thought of as the 'great causal ocean,' of which all 'living beings' are individualized 'droplets.'
i totally agree with what you said about us being droplets in the ocean because it makes perfect sense.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

i am glad to hear your deja vu was uneventful, and i will look forward to reading your future thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

it sounds very vague, but exciting to know that you might become a future fighter,or you might have just dreamt it, or you might get to the place you dreamt about and have deja vu.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Funnily enough, I almost started a thread on this very topic a couple of weeks ago after having read a piece on Anthony Peake's latest book.

Peake's theory deals with a way of explaining déjà vu, near death experiences as well as various other phenomena. Simply put, his theory starts with a notion that's becoming quite common in pop-culture and science and will be fairly familiar to a lot of ATS posters; the brain has a 'holographic' structure and basically encodes and stores every single piece of data that we ever experience, whether consciously or unconsciously. To all intents and purposes we 'back-up' our whole life within a partition within our own brain. Literally everything is saved there.

Upon death, we experience a type of organic hardware failure. The whole back-up is then replayed (as with 'life flashed before my eyes' type of near death experiences).

However, because this is actually occurring during what amounts to the hardware actually decaying, the 'playback' of the life is corrupted as is the actual data itself. Peake suggests that the two hardware partitions in our brain (the consciousness which he calls 'the Daemon' and the storage/playback area, 'the Eidolon') actually start to bleed into each other slightly. This results in the consciousness - the aware sense of self - being occasionally aware of the life review, but is ultimately unable to do anything about it as the whole thing just rolls by. Hence the knowing that this has happened all before.

This theory also has various other ramifications as the two partitions of the mind occasionally connect, such as phantom visitors or the idea that we are being watched (we're actually watching ourselves). Perhaps, depending on your outlook, the most worrying of all, is that we - as individuals - perhaps are already dead; this life we believe we're experiencing for the first time has actually already ended and we're no more than ghosts of our former selves.

I have been thinking quite a bit regarding this theory after reading earlier in the thread some time ago and I think it is not possible.

If we are all dead and replaying our lives in a flashback type of way as our brains decay.

The flashback is part of the end of your life and therefore is a part of your life as well. Therefore when you reach the end of the flashback of your life you will repeat the flashback again as the experience you just had is part of your life experience. This would never end if you get me as each flashback type event is a part of the original flashback, like an infinite loop.

I think that questions Peake's theory at its core if that makes sense and for this reason I do not think it is correct unless we are completely stuck in limbo forever. But that would not make much sense as the brain is decaying as the theory suggests, meaning that you could not experience the flashback in the first place if you get me, because it would never actually end.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

i agree with you, i don't think our brains are decaying either, i think our brains are becoming stronger, has anyone had deja vu's more frequent than ever before?, if so their maybe some interesting theory behind it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Deja_vu's normally lasts for a few seconds,,right?

So what happens when them seconds turn to minutes and them minutes turn to hours then them hours turn into a week.
Your actually living in the deja_vu and it sends you mad and you get locked away.

This has happened to me quite alot,,but how can anyone comprehend a week long deja_vu without saying what a load of crock.It doesnt just turn into a week and when it starts I always try desparatley for someone to understand what Im going through.Never do.

Luckily my locked up days are over and now when I have a deja_vu they arent so weird feeling,they make me feel normal but just aware Im having a deja_vu.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

i totally agree with what you said about us being droplets in the ocean because it makes perfect sense.

All 'droplets' are not always 'in' the 'ocean.'

Sometimes water 'evaporates' out of the ocean, and forms clouds, then 'droplets' 'rain down' ...

But, eventually, all water does indeed wind up back in the 'great ocean.'

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

exactly, castles made of sand fall in the sea eventually, on that note, i think our minds are like sand castles, when we dream the castles drift into the water which stimulates our minds to have deja vu.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by jellyman1991]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

well hello there...I know why we have Deja Vus but this thread is too long already its pointless to just post it here.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

by all means tell us what deja vu really is.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by jellyman1991]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

ok...there is, at the very least, an aspect of consciousness that is going the other way contrary to how our minds experience time in this universe of matter; i.e. there is consciousness that is going back in time.

Our minds cannot fathom consciousness; it can only be grazed ever so slightly by our emotions...deja vu is just a case of grazing this consciosness as it heads back in time from the future.

No padawans for me, please.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by reject]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I have read Anthony Peakes books on this matter, he is certainly expanding on his theories. His forum has some really deep discussions on deja, I post there also from time to time.

anthonypeake.com...

There is an entire section dedicated to deja.

I'll stick to the fact that I know it comes from the dreamstate, how ever we wish to call dreams, and dreamstates.

And that this reality is a sub-reality of a much grander and more complex super-reality of which all dreams, and all realities come from.

At it's core is still us, the dreamer.

We are reality.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

thanks for the link to the forum, i read some of the articles on the forum, but i didn't agree with some of the things that we're posted, plus how do you know that this isn't reality, these links made alot of sense to me i hope they will to you.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by jellyman1991]

[edit on 25-4-2009 by jellyman1991]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I don't agree with everything posted either, however the discussions are very deep into the awareness that the Deja phenomena is more then temporal lobe epilepsy.

plus how do you know that this isn't reality

I am not saying that this isn't reality, or that it isn't real. I am saying it's a sub-reality, or a compartment of a much larger reality that encompasses it.

Metaphorically, I am stuck time and time again explaining it like this, but it will make sense.

Let's say pure light is the true reality, and in light as it passes through the spectrum, we see the visual spectrum and the color red. This reality would be the color red, and the only color we are aware of because our perceptions are design only to perceive and be aware of that particular frequency band.

There are several other layers of which we are not aware of, and cannot perceive, but they exist. Finally, from the perspective of pure light, it would be the true reality of which all other realities emerge from. And all of them exist within.

Where I stand on these topics is very subjective and I realize that completely.

I am aware that I am a consciousness which is experiencing what it is like to be human, not a human experiencing what it's like to be conscious.

I know that I existed before this life as a human. The pre-life memory I have sets a foundation of knowledge that only until I could fully appreciate it at 16 years of age, has allowed me to progress into deeper and other layers of this frequency based, light based, consciousness based reality we exist in.

My personal research into precognitive dreams, provided for me at least 100% confirmation that we are indeed creating this reality from a process that involved dreaming.

What that implies is absolutely staggering given the conditioning of our belief in physical reality, and our lack of understanding that it is guided by some extremely organized and beyond human intelligence.

It's not a conclusion I could have come to without successive and repeat demonstrations of dreams becoming reality over my lifetime.

What I can make of it, falls into some of what religious beliefs derive in the fact that God exists, and reality is created.

However, I am not religious, and I don't believe in God in that context. Rather, I see myself as a part of a much larger, more evolved part of myself, that is ultimately the sum total of all Universes, and that each part, each individual, each conscious aspect is also part of it.

That there is a oneness in the Universe, and from this oneness came everything else, as a part of it.

Call it God, the Universe, the Grand Universe, the Supreme Jelly Bean... I really don't think how we label it will really do it any justice to the fact it's real other then our own realizations that what ever it is, we are a part of it.

From that perspective, we create reality because we can. We participate in these reality systems we create for the experience of it. We have created many more realities then this one we are currently focused in. And we will be focused in many other realities once we are finished what ever it is we sought to do in this one.

It is all planned, all engineered and thought out at a very profound, and highly organized level of intelligence. It runs deeper then time, falls into eternity and I cannot find a beginning or an end to it all.

The precognitive dreams just present an opportunity to study their relationship with the reality they become some time layer.

It's amazingly simple and easy how the whole process is, and more amazing how difficult a time we seem to have seeing it, and realizing it.

If I can quote Robert A. Monroe's INSPEC self from Far Journeys, "For those who dream, there is reality."

I can't agree more.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I am aware that I am a consciousness which is experiencing what it is like to be human, not a human experiencing what it's like to be conscious.

, i agree with you.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

maybe what you said is a glitch. Everything has a reason.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I believe that déjà vu experiences are somehow connected to dreams.
I remember having a déjà vu that was directly connected to a dream that I specifically recall having. I'm unsure about the timing between events (i.e. my dream and it's playing out in reality) but my immediate reaction at it's actual happening was of an undoubted realisation that I had indeed dreamt this scenario. It was an intense feeling of déjà vu.

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but I intend to when I have more time

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join