It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we have Déjà vu?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Not sure if this has posted, but I have read (and am slowly coming round to the fact) that the said phenemonen is a spiritual tool.

Before we return to a physical body for a next spiritual re-incarnation, whilst on the other side we make a blueprint for what is going to happen in the future life.

De Ja Vu is a sign that we are on the right path in life, a glimpse at out blue-print that proves we are in the place we are meant to be at that particular time.

Sorry if this has already been posted, I havn't read the whole thread yet due to lack of time!

Good question though, should see a lot of different peoples' views.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

good theory, i think that might be a possibility.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
i have de ja vu all the time. I often wonder about the links myself ive tried experimenting with my gift. there are times where i don't even realize that i've had it till after the fact, but there are times i reconize that i am having "an episode" and try to play along some times i let it play out and some times i try to alter it. even yesterday i was at work looking on ats when suddenly i had a flash back to me doing that exact same thing only in my de ja vu i got in crap from my boss for not working lol. so this time i turned it off and went back to work. now my question is:
Is it bad to not follow the vision or should i keep trying new things ? given the fact that the future is always changing, would me not doing what the vision did change things drasticlly ? i know that say this work example is not that crazy of a situation but i just got a raise and most likely shouldnt have been surfing the net so maybe if he did catch me he would be disapointed in me. where as say i got into a fist fight with someone in a de ja vu and instead of fighting with the guy in real life i tried talking it out? this subject just boggles my mind.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I apologize if this has been referenced...its late, Ill check back tomorrow through the entire thread rather than skipping through

A while ago online I found a page where a doctor had done some research into deja vu. Basically, his theory came down to that some people may have delayed signals in what they see being relayed/interpreted by the brain, depending on the length of your optic nerve, angle of view, and some other variables I dont quite recall. In other words, you see something with both eyes, but one reaches your brain before the other.

This is where I dont remember everything. He explained that when this delay or lapse time between both signals reaching the brain is between something like 25 and 30 milliseconds, deja vu like occurances occur. The reason being that during this timeframe, the first image to reach the brain has enough time to register as a memory, but you dont really have enough time to recall that happening, so when the signal from the other eye reaches the brain, its almost immediate but you recall that "memory", and get that deja vu feeling.

Not sure if I necesarily believe that, but I did find it an interesting read. Unfortunately, my computer crapped out so I lost the link...I'll try to find it and post it here if anyone is interested

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

experiments have shown that the human brain can only distinguish two individual visual events with respect to time if they occur more than 25 milliseconds apart. (8) So if a person has an optical signal path impairment which results in the image from one eye coming after the other with more than 25 milliseconds, then the brain can think that they are two different incidents instead of parts of one and the same. Once the optic nerves deliver signals to the thalamus, it is responsible for transferring the information to the primary visual cortex in the occipital lobe. But there can be a delay in any part of this journey which would result in two separate images arriving in the memory at different times. If the time difference is great enough a déjà vu can happen.

Not the original article I was referencing, but the same basic findings

serendip.brynmawr.edu...

[edit on 6-6-2009 by kyle6677]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I thought you might say that.

I knew where my husband was talking about this road he had driven before we met. I either dreamed it or visualized it beforehand.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by donttaserme

as you know, the future is changing, if you changed what was destined to happen, it might fundamentally change the outcome into something far worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join