Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

why do we have Déjà vu?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am serious when i say this: when i saw the fight in Cloud City between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker (on television), in The Empire Strikes Back, i had a momentarily feeling of having been in that same city before.

I have never seen any Star Wars film before then (if i recall correctly, i was seventeen, therefore it was 1994).

Afterwards, that felt just too weird to explain.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

star wars are good films, deja vu is weird that way, it makes us see the future in my opinion, but some might say you just experienced a glitch in your brain.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A deja vu is a glitch in the matrix. Did no one get that? It happens when they decide to change something.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Déjà vu is an interesting subject.

As I am someone who travels extensively for a living I can tell you it is something I often experience, people, places, things, events etc.

Often to myself I have to ask... "Have I been here before" and "Do I know this person" ??

There have been a few times when I have been in a place and KNEW where certain items would be, yet I know I have never been there before.

I can't explain it, so I simply dismiss it as "Déjà vu"

I believe it may have something to do with familiarity, as in people places things or events that are in some ways "familiar" to your own memories and life experiences and when enough familiarity exists a person can then have the eerie feelings of Déjà vu.

Somewhat like a premonition; For example tonight I am going to Kentucky, a place I have never been, though there is NO reason for me to I have a really bad feeling about going to this place. My mind has already conjured up many possible bad scenarios as if I have been there, know what it looks like and should expect bad things.

But again, it is likely a trick of the mind. If not then I may be in trouble.

Cool thread, interesting reading through it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by commi_ghost

funnily enough i was thinking of the matrix when i was doing this thread, the part with the black cat, weird, i think i just had deja vu guys.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

tell us what happens, nothing bad i hope, maybe your deja vu's are
premonitions, if they are you might have a gift.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There's been some times I felt like something has happened several times before.

The last Deja vu I had, I was literally saying the lines others would say in a moment in my head. It was fun to feel like I was in control and knew what people were going to say and or do. I was able to use it to my advantage and look smart.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
i think it meant to tell us something before it happen. I dont think its glitch in the brain. Brain are not computer. its our eyes and mind. Seeing and Believing it.

My wife have that kind. sometime she got freak out when it happen to her in real life, cuz she seen it in her dream before it actually happened.

I remember 9-11 story about little boy in school in new york. He told her teacher that 2 towers gonna to down torromow. Teacher dont take it serious and dismissed it. Next day it happened! It was in headline and news tv long time ago.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

deja vu is weird that way, it must have been a good feeling to know, what someone was going to say before they even knew they we're going to say it, i've had that type of deja vu before.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DeafRaz

i agree with you, i don't think that deja vu is a glitch in the brain either, plus your wife might be having premonitions.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

Yea well it doesn't get fun when dreams of war and destruction start to become reality.

One time I'm traveling through Brooklyn, and I realized that a hill I was viewing was extremely familiar. It hit me. I had seen the same hill in a dream. I was fighting with Americans against other Americans. The sky was orange and I saw New York Burning.

How is it I could have seen this hill in a dream and it was there in real life? I never saw that place before!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
there was this weird couple of weeks where I had a bunch of deja vu's because I remembered dreams featuring the exact occurrences, but that was it. Weird...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

it sounds very distressing,we can dream future events and not know the meaning, so i think you must have seen the future, the future sounds apocalyptic.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991
we have the potential to dream the future but why is that? can we explain it?, no its a mystery in ourselves that we must uncover to find a true answer.

I remember either reading something or watching something about clairvoyance years ago.

This particular person's idea was that it's the brain that manages access to it. The theory was that the particular oscilations of the brain keep it in a certain energy state and at times, when the frequencies change (either meditation, etc) to a lower state, allows the information that exists outside our mind's normal grasp to 'filter in'.

So in essence it was the brain acting as a barrier or filter and when it drops, one could can access energies on a different level. Or something along those lines. So perhaps at those moments of 'deja vu', the brain waves have alter ever so slightly, for whatever reason, and you pick up energy from another time line, etc. I don't know but it sounds interesting.

But 'Deja Vu' and clairvoyance and the brain's relation to such phenomena are incredibly fascinating.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

i agree, the statement that the person made was very fascinating and i agree with what that person said.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Deja vu is a time for a way out, when one is completely empty on the fact one takes the road on a further level.

thank you!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Deja vu is a time for a way out, when one is completely empty on the fact one takes the road on a further level.

thank you!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

you said on 18-4-2009 @ 08:19 AM
... i hope to hear more of your views soon.

Well, that was 5-days ago, and your thread here is still going pretty well -- and I have been following, more or less, during that time with interest.

The 'more' that I have to add at this time is essentially a 're-emphasis' of what I had already tried to say before. So, to 'recap' that earlier post -

from the intro :
... consciousness exists from its own side, independently of any 'instrumentation,' such as 'brains' and 'nervous sytems,' 'sense organs,' etc.

This was followed by some remarks pointing out that Jung's model of the 'Collective Unconscious' is a 'western' 'rediscovery' of what 'easterners' have never forgotten about - the 'Universal Mind.'

And -

from the summary :
This 'universal mind' can be thought of as the 'great causal ocean,' of which all 'living beings' are individualized 'droplets.'

This universal mind is 'infused' with consciousness. This consciousness is not limited by time [and space]. At this 'highest level' it's 'awareness' lies somehow 'outside' of time [and space].

Each of us naturally can 'tap into' this 'great ocean.' It's just a part of the experience of being alive. It usually happens at an 'irrational level,' that is to say, 'sub-consciously[,' and quite accidently].

But, every so often we get a 'glimmer' of this 'contact' 'reflected' in our waking consciousness, and sometimes this glimmer can be called 'de-ja-vu.'

Sort of my own 'hack job' on the matter ...

In the meantime, I've found some material from a rather 'higher authority' making the same presentation, but much more 'skillfully,' this time from the Lankavatara Sutra -

Source : ATS Media

That the citation makes use of the 'metaphore' of "waves" upon the great 'causal ocean' of 'primordial mind' is no accident. These 'waves' are the 'vrittis' mentioned here in Patanjali's definition of yoga -

Patanjali Yoga Sutras - Volume I ( Samadhi Pada ), p. 93, private copy

Where 'yoga' is intended here to mean what it has always meant prior to the influence of 'sectarian revisionism' ( ahem ... ) : 'union.'

'Union' with what, you may ask ?

With just that 'great ocean' of 'primordial mind,' of course is the answer ...

Once this 'union' occurs, then an approach to the 'full knowledge of the three-times' follows as a direct consequence.

Our citation from the Lankavatara continues with further dcsription of this 'Great Ocean' -

Source : ATS Media

Hence, 'De-ja-vou,' as I had mentioned before, is merely the faintest 'glimmer' of this 'full knowledge,' which happens 'accidently' to us 'willy-nilly' as the 'winds' of 'causes and conditions' happen to 'calm' these 'waves' 'momentarily' without 'any special effort' by ourselves.

Of course these 'accidental moments' of 'intuition' ( 'conscious contact' with 'manas' ) are usually quite brief, and of an altogether fleeting nature.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I thought id add something.

I just had a thought. if however, there is a glitch in your brain, or if its just coincidence (luck) that deja vu's seem real. perhaps they are, on a chemical and spiritual level.

What if its true about the matrix, and in our case, holographic reality. that when these glitches do occur, its cause by a Ripple through space/time. this wave cannot affect us physically. some sort of spirit wave, or a change in momentum in time, or a ripple cause by a new string of existence.

IDK if i am making sense here, but look at a calm lake. there is a light drizzle, but look at the ripples, they are overlapping the others. imagine each drop at that moment was a different dimension (or parallel dimensions). each ripple is time. (expansion occurs as the wave moves out from the center) when time overlaps ANOTHER point in time, it causes dejavu.

What im trying to say with my example, is the ripple catching up with another time ripple, and you and yourself meet up.

this however, is just a fraction of a sec. you and yourself, go on your separate ways, in diff dimensions. its just the moment in time, for you as an individual catch up with yourself. sometimes you notice, sometimes you dont.

I could be wrong, but from experience, thats the best way to describe it on how it might work....

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

What if its true about the matrix ...

Fergettaboutit !!

It's absolutely true -- but not the 'Hollywood version' !

Forget all that 'revisionist' crap ...

Get 'back to the basics' !

We 'do it to ourselves' ...

We are each the 'stars' in our own 'movies' !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join