It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: The Houston Tea Party. (Pictures, Podcast, and Information!) [Update: 9000+ Attended]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Freakaloin

You just don't get it, the biggest tax cut in history is for the benefits of anybody that makes 56,000 dollars a year or less.

Almost half of the US population since the economical crisis do not pay taxes or get a tax brake in some form, thanks to those that do pay taxes.

That is not brainier, still the cuts do not apply to What the states are doing to recoup lost income due to unemployment and pay benefits and states federal cuts.

Loot around you in your local counties and cities and see what they have been adding to your state tax burden since Obama tax cut took effect.

Here in GA even my husband retirement is now a target to local government, our property tax is in review this year and now our county wants to increase mileage tax, on top of that somebody with ties in the trash collection business wants to tag the trash collection fees to us in the form of a new added tax to our properties.

See remember you are not only paying taxes for federal government you also pay taxes for your local and state government.

And many states are having a ball with tax increases lately.

Do the math and see what exactly you are saving now a days.

Deceiving.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
When all of the Whovilles are heard....generally there is a "higher power" behind the initial motivation. Nothing wrong with discussing this........respectfully!!!
Good to hear all sides of this indeed.

Peace....

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

ppl and business who make less than 250k will either see no tax increase or pay less.

that 40% u say don't pay taxes in fact do pay taxes. u act like income tax is the only tax. conveniently ignoring sales, excise and most of all, payroll taxes is misleading and just a talking a point that ignorant ppl fall for.

any kind of local and city taxes have nothing to do with obama and happened under bush(where were the protests?)...the fact is obama cut taxes on his end.

these rallies were primarly focused on obama and the fed...not local.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Freakaloin]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freakaloin
seems like the primary complaint of these rallies was ppl are being unjustly taxed. obama just passed the biggest middle class tax cut in history...so i guess all these ppl were the 5% who make more than 250k a year? or just a bunch of ppl protesting against their own self interests?

Well, the honeymoon is over with all of the smokers that I've talked to. Congress committed one of the cardinal sins in life: screwing with addicts. And since race has been brought up: this goes for black smokers, as well. The honeymoon is over.

It should also be pointed out that the original point of the Tea Parties was to protest the spending, particularly the plan to artificially "stabilize" housing prices at a level that's above the fair-market value. It only turned into a "taxes" issue because "No New Plan Too Stabilize Prices At A Level Higher Than The Market Value" is a bit too large to put on a sign, and since the obvious outcome would be tax revenue paying for prices to be artificially propped up, "No New Taxes" seemed like a solid second choice.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wow! Thanks to the OP for the insight and update.

I believe this is just the start of a peaceful, but educated bunch of people that are tired of the lies, BS, and corruption.

These types of demonstrations are scaring the powers that be, because they are peaceful and well organized.

Good things happen when people remain calm, talk to each other, come up with a rational plan, then push forward with it.

I think the days of the old are on their collective way out.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
but no protesting of bush's spending? now it's all come to a head huh? where were all the bush is a commie signs? i mean he did blow thru 8.5 trillion in last few months of office...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

There were protests over TARP. 85% of the population said "NO!" Many, many, many people wrote to their congressmen, urging them not to pass it. There were rallies in the streets (although they didn't draw 9000 people) and life-long Republicans voted for Obama because they were so disgusted that the GOP had betrayed their ideology of fiscal responsibility and non-intervention in the market place.

Do you remember the past eight years? People protested Bush all the time, and with good reason. He was a screw up. They protested the wars. They protested Guantamo. They protested his stance on the ME. They protested the handling of Katrina. Kanye West said that he doesn't like black people, and then countless others made songs inspired by this statement. Katt Williams said, in reference to Bush, "How do you get a job, and then F... up everything?" His ability to talk was mocked, his looks were mocked, his intelligence was mocked, and he left office with a 25% approval rating.

The only reason that these protests are so large, is that the real unemployment rate in this country is somewhere around 20%, so people have a lot more free time to protest, and a lot more anger at the system.

The only people who think that Bush wouldn't screw things up even more than the current Administration, are probably the same 25% that somehow liked him when he left office.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

To Freak, nice points...

To Tentickles, THIS is where your real outrage should be directed....(hint: It was the last Administration that allowed this travesty)...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by theWCH

The only reason that these protests are so large, is that the real unemployment rate in this country is somewhere around 20%, so people have a lot more free time to protest, and a lot more anger at the system.

the antiwar protests in the last few years dwarfed these...and got no media attention or in the case of foxnews...ridiculed attention. now these protest swere basically sponsored by foxnews and their crews...give me a break....

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

I believe this is just the start of a peaceful, but educated bunch of people that are tired of the lies, BS, and corruption.

educated? i saw countless ppl saying the most ignorant things imaginable at these rallies. shall i post some utube videos of the embarrassments?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by kinda kurious

How exactly were they paid for by tax payer money?... are you stating the maintenance cost of the public parks in question which are funded through the local governments budgets? Money already allocated to those parks through the local government.

And where, pray tell, do you suppose local government gets their funds from? Taxes I suspect.

Who paid the police force on hand to provide crowd / traffic control?

Were their any restrooms or public facilities available? Were the roads paved.......with tea?

To be clear. I am not a Pro-tax person. I just spot irony is the silliest places.

Taxes are a necessary evil. But some benefits are derived from them.
Ever been to Yellowstone National Park?

Here are some "facts" as requested regarding subsiding local government infastructure and sources.

The state collects transportation money from dozens of sources, but most comes from taxes on gasoline, cars and other products.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Remember we pledge allegiance to "Republic" for which it stands.

Regards...KK

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

That's because Fox News is a mouthpiece for the neo-conservative agenda.

If you think that I'm a Republican, then you're very mistaken.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If anyone wishes to believe that this is a 'grass-roots' purely spontaneous effort.......

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
it's a start.

At least it is not as stupid, worthless, as our next to worthless politicians.

At least people are waking up, not everyone is going to make brilliant statements, but at least they are saying something.

And even if all are not educated, they have the right to speak.

Shall I post a bunch or utube videos of politicians saying uneducated things, stupid and worthless things?

Oh forget it, almost anything I posted would fit the criteria.

Originally posted by Freakaloin

Originally posted by Realtruth

educated? i saw countless ppl saying the most ignorant things imaginable at these rallies. shall i post some utube videos of the embarrassments?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It was pleanty of people complaining when Bush was crashing the economy with his blindness toward corporate America greed and his trillion dollar war.

But while Bush added 4 trillion dollars of debt to the nation in eight years, Obama has added 6 trillion in just the first 4 months of his first year as president.

He trully believe that the way to fix the recession is borrwing our way into debt while allowing at the same time the Bernanke and Gehiner printing pressers kill our dollar.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

But my friend who needs new taxes when the Federal government keep adding trillions to the nations debt and the obligations of every citizens on this nation.

We already will be indebted to our neck and so the necks of our unborn children.

So who need new taxes.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

It was pleanty of people complaining when Bush was crashing the economy with his blindness toward corporate America greed and his trillion dollar war.

But while Bush added 4 trillion dollars of debt to the nation in eight years, Obama has added 6 trillion in just the first 4 months of his first year as president.

He trully believe that the way to fix the recession is borrwing our way into debt while allowing at the same time the Bernanke and Gehiner printing pressers kill our dollar.

plenty of ppl weren't going into the streets protesting about bush. in fact the right was pretty damn silent about it all.

actually, bush spent 8.5 trillion in his last few months and obama has spent about 4 trillion...but of course obama and bush are just doing what the fed says. but it started under bush so how is this obama's fault and not bush's...ask the protestors.

how do u know obama truly believes that when he has never said that and it's not even true?

and president's can't stop the fed from doing anything...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

So are you saying the budgetary allotment of tax revenue spent on these "tea parties" were misallocated? Perhaps the budgetary allotment of the cities included special event spending and as such these tea parties were already budgeted in if not specifically allocated for.

I surmise that perhaps the parks where these tea parties were held were more than likely already in place, as well as the roads. More than likely the cities that hosted these tea parties put in the infrastructure long before these tea parties were organised.

As for the police on hand to patrol the crowds I wonder if the excess pay and overtime might have been already allocated into budgets in the event that such a demonstration may take place?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
if these protesters wanted to be truthful, educated and accurate it would have looked more like this...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The St.Louis rally had almost 10,000 folks. It was an awesome showing of unity. But remember, we are all racists and threats to the U.S. according to the DHS.

P.S. I was at the St.Louis rally.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join