It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: The Houston Tea Party. (Pictures, Podcast, and Information!) [Update: 9000+ Attended]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Has anyone read the other thread here on ATS about the rally in Las Cruces NM??
There were no police present at that one.
The larger the city that hosted a "Tea Party", the more coverage all around.
Chances for mischief, mayhem, police patrol, news coverage etc... increase with the actual population count.
So far...no horrible, earth shattering, debilitating, negative news from any of these gatherings.
I see these as baby steps....regardless of who is paying for them. Ultimately "we"
pay for them..no????

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

We have a St.Louis 4th of July rally in the works as well. We have to find a bigger location lol. Looking forward to it!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Freakaloin

plenty of ppl weren't going into the streets protesting about bush. in fact the right was pretty damn silent about it all.

You're right. Conservatives don't usually protest by marching in the streets BUT we do let our Reps and Senators know how we think by way of phone calls, writing letters, email and visiting with them at their local offices. And time and time again, WE HAVE BEEN IGNORED!

RE: the first bailout under Bush. MILLIONS - Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc. burned up the White House phone lines, also the phone lines at their local offices, sent email and letters. And what happened?
The Senate took a 150 page $400 billion bailout bill and turned it into a 450 page $850 billion.

Maybe we are just sick and tired of our Congressional Reps NOT giving a damn about us and it was time to hit the streets.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

LMAO at MSNBC acting like they are fair and balanced and showing both sides. They like CNN are leftist news agencies.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

Obama is on his way to out spending Bush in less then a year in office. It took Bush 8 yrs. Obama? 1 year at this rate!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
that dhs report was a carry over from the bush administration...did you know that? but again the right has a cow and blames obama...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkel

Ohh I do agree with this point.
I am implying then, that it seems to not matter who is in office...WE pay for it!!
And Yes..We are paying for too much bs right now.
Ummmm..could intertwine 27 different threads here..

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Freakaloin

That's the point. Things are rapidly getting worse for poor people. I know this, because I am a poor person, and I do live in a (previously decent) low-income neighborhood, with rapidly rising crime, and no chance of escaping. If you think that any of the recent policies are giving one shred of relief to poor people, then I don't know what else to tell you.

I don't blame either side of the aisle, but it's clear that the economic system has failed and nobody in Washington is doing what needs to be done to fix it.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I NEVER said the "Tea Parties" were subsidised by taxes. I am not sure why you misconstue my verifiable statements, but don't appreciate the mis-quote or implied allegation.

Look, while this still remains a free country. I say protest, become organized, hold meetings, appoint leaders, collect dues. Hey it sounds like another form of government to me. Just another flavor. I seriously doubt you could stomach a true revolution comrade.

Regards...KK

[edit on 16-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
First of all, after a good nights rest, I would like to apologize to JohnnyCanuck for reacting so harshly to his comments. In my tired stupor, I forgot the ATS Motto of Deny Ignorance. You know this is my thread, my baby...

Secondly, Freakaloin and kinda kurious, I see a lot of talk but nothing to back up your claims. Please make sure you have evidence before you reply.

A Big thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
These rallies are great to see, even is most of the media is trying to demonize them, its great that there were so many types of people that went to these. You can only push people into a corner for so long before they get upset and you wake up the sleeping giant. I really hope this movement keeps going we could really take back a lot of lost freedom really quickly especially with so much support to audit the fed the fair tax and states declaring sovereignty.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

I usually dont agree with my Governor but he has taken a hard stance against the Federal Government and I enjoyed his speech!

It's a must watch!

What?

Ok, from my understanding Gov. Perry is rumored to be bilderberger? So these recent actions of his at the tea parties can certainly be questioned. I certainly agree with his message and just becasue he may be a BB member doesn't mean that he's binded to them uncondtionally. After all we are free thinking, free spirited, conscienable animals. He could have had a change of heart and from that these videos I'd have to agree.

But, the end of this video has me rethinking that. He wants the crowds to "text fedup" to DC? Is this how they are going to red flag people? With tracable text messaging?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You know this is my thread, my baby...

Unfortunately, as is the nature of posting here, you loose "ownership" once you hit the "Create New Thread Button."

Secondly, Freakaloin and kinda kurious, I see a lot of talk but nothing to back up your claims. Please make sure you have evidence before you reply.

I don't recall making any claims other than local governments are subsidised by taxes and provided a link.

I suspect you might not have paid taxes very long. I have for over 30 years my dear. Trust me, the intangible taxes are the most fun. If you know of what I speak.

Apparently you'd rather host a private party, but this isn't exactly the proper venue. Besides, I am enjoying the free snacks as an uninvited guest. And all the delicious weak sauce.

Regards....KK

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
michellemalkin.com...

By Michelle Malkin • April 15, 2009 03:52 PM I just have one word: Wow. More than 800 tea parties across the country. Here’s your first photo/vid round-up from the events across the country, large and small, every corner of this great nation (hit your refresh button often…I’ll keep updating…11:20pm…just added tons more crowd pix and vid…trying to keep ‘em all in one post to give you the full breadth and scope of the protests — not just the size, but the reach, a true sense of which is missing from the MSM coverage. More coming…):

Tent,

I hope you don't mind me posting this here, it is full of videos from around the country.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Great post Tentickles - S & F
I wish I could have gone to one of the many tea parties here in Washington State. Unfortunately I was unable to get the time off of work. Thanks for the pictures and the commentary. Star to SGT Chas also. It is nice to hear commentary from people who were there instead of having to depend on the biased media - where apparently people like JohnnyCanuck and HunkaHunka get their information spoon fed to them.

I am so tired of hearing that this is a Republican thing and asking where we were when Bush was doing this. We were protesting then also and this is not a Republican/Democrat thing. We are refusing to let the sheep turn this into an right verses left arguement. We are from all sides of the issues and are beginning to stand up together against the government who is supposed to represent us but clearly no longer does.

This has gone on long enough and we will not be pulled into pointless arguements of right wing verses left wing when the plane that both wings are attached to is going to the same destination. Why are so many people so blind to this? You claim we are just protesting Obama's presidency when you don't even realise that this is pretty much the same thing as a third term for Bush. What has changed? We all have been protesting for years, just some of you stopped protesting in January falsely believing that something changed. Nothing has. We're still headed in the same direction, we've just changed drivers. Bush and Obama have increased spending to unthinkable numbers and you really believe that 95% of us get a tax break? Is that extra $6.00 in your paycheck really going to cover the increased cost of food/energy/gas etc.?

This is not anti Obama or anti Democrat, this is anti government waste. Open your eyes.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1 It is nice to hear commentary from people who were there instead of having to depend on the biased media - where apparently people like JohnnyCanuck and HunkaHunka get their information spoon fed to them.

I have a Bravo Sierra detector that serves me exceedingly well. I passed the info along...what you do with it is up to you. But play nice. Just because I don't drink the koolaide doesn't mean I'm stupid.

Tentickles...certainly not trying to rain on your parade...I'm just sifting what I'm seeing and bringing it forward. Your thread has people talking. That's good.

Cut out the lobbyists and the biased media...(and the tallcool1 might want to consider Fox in that discussion)...and you have a positive force. As is, I think your good intentions are being hijacked by the Right. And that's Wrong.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Kudo's to youTentickles, you did a great job bringing this to the forum, gives one a different perspective on the momentum just reading your report and looking at the pictures. Thanks for bringing this to the forum.

I have only read the first page or two so far, but how were the police reacting to such a large unexpected crowd?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

OK, apologies Johnny. I'll play nice. But just an FYI, I consider all MSM to be biased one way or another - including Fox. The Koolaide from Fox may be a different flavor than most of the MSM, but it is still koolaide.

This is part of the unreported undertone of these "tea parties". We are not going to let the left turn this into a "right wing conspiracy" and we are not going to let the right turn this into some sort of victory for them. We are united against the reckless ways of both sides and hopefully our "revolt" will come to a head in 2010 when we sweep out both sides of the aisle and put in responsible people.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Just so everyone knows, Obama may have lowered the Taxes, but he really hasnt.

Simply brilliant. So that is what this thread is really about. It wasn't an Anti-Government rally after all. It's an Anti-Obama rally. Oh I get it.

Well I think JohnnyCanuck nailed this on page 1 about people being manipulated.

Just for grins, here is an excerpt from another on-going thread by an astute rally attendee in my state who saw through the veiled guise:

Originally posted by mybigunit
….. I will say that although I was disappointed that the neo cons tried to turn it into some anti Obama rally instead of an anti government rally.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Think I'll follow that one. At least there is some objectivity.

No offense OP, I suspect you are early on your journey. You will learn to open your eyes and focus your passion over time. And if you're real lucky, pay some hefty taxes along the way.

Unfortunately, it costs money to live in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.

Regards...KK

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Originally posted by sinister_scarecrow
Again, I respect all Americans and you and am respectfully just trying to envision how this actually helps without proving to be yet another illusion of freedom.

Is your freedom of speech an illusion? They are trying to get the death penalty in other country for anti-gov't. blogs (?).

I would give my life for my countrymen, but not for an illusion.

Personally, I don't believe you for a nanosecond.

The real problem is that the "hidden ones who pull the strings" also want a revolutionary change, only in the form of the New World Order. They place their chess pieces carefully and with the finesse of Kasparov himself and they are willing to pay top dollar to traitors willing to sell out their countrymen for selfish desires. They will kill and torcher and oppress indiscriminately to get their desired result.

Ok, so, metaphorically speaking... since you went there... I'll quote a fantasy sci-fi movie ...
"It's not wise to upset a wookie."
"No one ever worries about upsetting a droid."
"Because droids don't rip peoples arms outta their sockets!"

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

What are we willing to do to keep what we have as opposed to walking in circles with signs? Our very foundation of law says we have the right to bear arms (Amendment 2 - 1791), where are they? The government wields theirs daily in our houses taking our guns away. The executive orders are already in place to take our only defense away, why do you think this is? Because peace to them is a joke. History and life proves that a bully is doing his thing, he continues to do it to those who will not fight back, are they not just bullying us? It is not threatening to them, and to think that anything will change as a result of it is yet another illusion, that is why it is allowed. Do you not agree?

Wow, If I read your post with the hisses of a snake ... it would be positively sssssscarie.
I won't asssssk the obvious of you.

First off, yes, I believe our freedom of speech is an illusion. I have seen many people carried away by speaking out against our tyrannically driven gov't. Case in point:

and another angle to prove he is not fighting back but only using his fifth amendment illusion in a responsible manner.

Here is some sci-fi or illusory freedom for ya pal, don't worry, it's just sssssscifi right?:

As for the rest of what you said? I really am telling the truth when I state, I have absolutely no idea what message you are trying to convey to me. I feel I have actually lost a few brain cells for having read it. As for believing me for a nanosecond or not, I care not. Are you drunk? Wookies? Star Trek innuendo? I totally picture a guy playing with Star Wars figures and smoking pot here while arguing with the T.V. about movie mistakes like "booms being lowered into the picture" and how "impulse engines could not hold up under the intense pressures of warp speed and the unlikelihood that, with that gauge of metal fabric, it would re-appear on the opposite side of the time-space continuum in one piece, and then calling up the producers wanting to speak to captain Pickard to voice his dismay of the matter. BTW those aren't metaphors, those are movie references or at the very least adages. Not metaphors. ( We should all remember, pot-heads still have parents that love them). and..........end scene.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join