It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: The Houston Tea Party. (Pictures, Podcast, and Information!) [Update: 9000+ Attended]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Does the John Adams quote under your ATS siganture imply it is futile to change a sys-tem where it's Freedom has been comprised?

Doesn't it sound a little self-defeating; throw in the towl kind of thinking?

I was wondering where in 'context' that quote could be used today?

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I’m jealous; I really want to go to one. So far I’ve only been to one tax revolt protest this year and I’m itching for more. And FYI for some, I don’t despise Obama (though I now believe he is in bed with the corporatist just like Clinton and Bush), just because I support this movement. I’m independent and liberal leaning and yet I support this movement. I know this seems unlikely to some but I don’t know what to tell you other than that you need to turn off the television and actually approach a few people involved with this movement and have a conversation with them instead of the people telling you who they supposedly are.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTilde

Never be afraid to state your opinion friend. I can understand where you're coming from since you are not in America. There are very few who are protesting because our President is black. I am actually very proud that our country as a whole was willing to elect a black man or a woman to the presidency.

98% of the protests are about the whole government. Not just one person. Obama might seem like the light is shown on him all the time, but what many people overseas might miss is that the rest of the government is standing right behind him making these horrible decisions. Obama's glimmering smile is just too distracting.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTilde
Seen from outside of the USA, all these tea-parties are frightening and amazing both at the same time.

It's amazing that the revolution in America seems to come not under the guilty Bush administration but under the very administration who is trying to remedy the problem.

It's frightening that it appears (from outside your land, Americans) that it's mainly racism that is driving this revolt. You may not see it from inside because of subjectivity. But last monthes, the threads here at ATS changed a lot towards racism and crazyness against a "black" guy.

I applaud you USians who elected a black president and who were ready to elect a woman (HC). You set a precedent for the world. Shame that it seems Obama will be the one present during the revolt, and that involuntarily he is part of the cause.

Do what you want with my post, I tell it like I see it.

I don't care what color the man is. If you wish to split hairs he is just as "white" as he is "black". Frankly that has nothing to do with it. The only problem I have is that instead of wondering what our grievances are, people wonder "why are they so racist?"

I hold no ill will against President Obama, I just want him and his cabinet to stop spending and printing money they don't have. I want the administration to acknowledge that they are not permitted to force States to do anything except what The Constitution stipulates. I am not angry at the Democratic Party, I am angry at the two party system that promotes from within and follows the party agenda instead of listening to The People. I want assurances that These United States of America will remain sovereign. I am glad we help other countries with food, aid, and finances, but I wish we would do it here first.

I

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Well thats because the smart ones knew what the protest was about. They attended in a civilized way to show collective witness to what they had to see for themselves.

It's up to those elected to make the right decisions from here forward. NWO now means No Way Out. They've been exposed, they beat you with a pair of duces and you had to foot the bill. This is world changing.

New era on the way. Hopes it peacful. It doesn't look that way. The PTB have invested alot of time and 'your money' designing this Fascist World sys-tem.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Despite these attempts to make the “movement” appear organic, the principle organizers of the local events are actually the lobbyist-run think tanks Americans for Prosperity and Freedom Works.

I highly doubt a Mother of two with a part time job is a secret lobbyist.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you said that about working mothers or women in politics can be mothers etc etc there would be howls of protest and quite rightly so.

I am also quite certain that a lot of those that would complain at such comments support this protest.

If you want to appear to be "for the people" with no political agenda who would you use to front your campaign....A guy in a suit? Don't think so.

I'm all for protesting to preserve democracy but I am also wise enough to know that people can be easily manipulated. You need to dig deep and find out who is funding the protests. The real money not the small change in the can.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I usually dont agree with my Governor but he has taken a hard stance against the Federal Government and I enjoyed his speech!

It's a must watch!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I think this is just starting. This is their worst nightmare. Ordinary working folks in peaceful, lawful protest. The greatest power there is. Imagine if it were millions. By next year I think it will be.

Thank you for your work putting this together. Good job

I'm sorry, but I'm just curious. People all over America for the longest time have done nothing but complain and rant about policies and taxes and the loss of constitutional soverignty and rightly so, I'm with you on this one. My only problem is understanding how working people conglomerating peacefully in the streets their worst nightmare. I am not trying to be antagonistic here, but I am just curious as to why they would be so scared of peaceful protests. Why would a government who would go to other countries and kill indiscriminately, waterboard people, let the police and military harass the very people who picket in the streets (harass them in their homes), who are ripping up our constitution as we speak and whiping their cans with it, and economically strangling us to the point that we may have to hand our country over to evil men in remuneration for debt...........why would THEY be scared of the average Joe who comes not even with a stick to fight them? Are they to consider us a nightmare because we walk in circles on the front lawn of their businesses when at anytime they wanted they could remove us and send us home? It just seems like yet another illusion of freedom to me. "Let them cry in the streets if it makes them feel they are heard, if they get out of hand then we have an excuse to beat, kill or imprison them. Let them just give us a reason". I really want to hear how picketing peacefully in the streets is supposed to do anything other than create crop circles on their front lawns. Fighting a militarized country such as America with peace is like fighting a bully with your hands tied behind your back with a blindfold on. I really want someone to clarify this with a reasonable working response. I know America and I also know that America has never changed on a scale of this magnitute without violent revolutions where sacrifices had to be epitaphed in the annals of historical chronologies for our future children to study about. This situation is of a magnitude even worse than the reasons for WW1, WW2 and the revolutionary war. We are not fighting for our independence now....we are fighting to keep what little we have left. I guess what I am saying, when these people go home tonight what will they have accomplished? What policies will have changed? They already knew before this pathetic tea party (with Tetley teabags, c'mon) that we were angry. Was this even necessary? Come on teabags? Sorry about the frustration, but this has never changed more than small polices and now, our very country is on the line.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sinister_scarecrow

That is a great question. This is the first time in American history that people from literally all parties are participating in protest of something. There is usually a certain part of the citizenry that condemns protests but this is affecting every level of our society.

Every race
Every income
Every political ideal
Every age
Both sexes

While I walked around the protests in Houston, I saw business men in gucci suits, everyday workers, men, women, children, teens, elderly! Believe me it was a sight to behold.

Don't tell the cops but I even saw some nod their heads in agreement when they were not paying attention.

When the people are home tonight they will know they have changed the mind of just a few other people. It's like a cold, if you sneeze on someone they will get it, and when they sneeze on someone they will get it too. Even if some people are immune they will probably sneeze again.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinister_scarecrow
I guess what I am saying, when these people go home tonight what will they have accomplished? What policies will have changed? They already knew before this pathetic tea party (with Tetley teabags, c'mon) that we were angry. Was this even necessary? Come on teabags? Sorry about the frustration, but this has never changed more than small polices and now, our very country is on the line.

Everything takes time my friend. See how the wheels turn so slowly. This is another step at real change.

"We ARE The People" is one of many signs that I saw in St. Paul MN when I went to the MN state capitol. Albeit, not as flamboyant as the one in Austin TX.

If you keep turning the other cheek to an enemy they'll keep slapping you down. This is what Japan feared after their attack of Pearl Harbor. The sleeping giant has awoken.

It should be very clear to the powers that be that this movement will not relent.

Notice now that even more big names are stepping up. I was waiting for Ted Nuggent to pipe up. Now the Gov. of TX. There will be many more.

One of them will grab a banner and carry it. We're just waiting for the right one.

Would that Obama would have been the one to slap down the lobbyists and special interests; hired people that pay their taxes and follow the rules.

Soon... These are baby steps, baby steps.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

That is a great question. This is the first time in American history that people from literally all parties are participating in protest of something. There is usually a certain part of the citizenry that condemns protests but this is affecting every level of our society.

Every race
Every income
Every political ideal
Every age
Both sexes

While I walked around the protests in Houston, I saw business men in gucci suits, everyday workers, men, women, children, teens, elderly! Believe me it was a sight to behold.

Don't tell the cops but I even saw some nod their heads in agreement when they were not paying attention.

When the people are home tonight they will know they have changed the mind of just a few other people. It's like a cold, if you sneeze on someone they will get it, and when they sneeze on someone they will get it too. Even if some people are immune they will probably sneeze again.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by Tentickles]

Fair enough, everyone of all colors, races and creeds were there. It was impressive at the sight of the sheer amalgamation of types of people including agreeable cops. Unfortunately the cops agreeable or not will do as they are told and the marines are even being trained now to turn their weapons on Americans when called for. This is illegal, but it happens to work when we are uneducated about our constitution and the Bill of Rights. Most will never go through the executive orders Executive Orders, and see the horrors of hidden agendas there or the Library of Congress to even see what it is that our gov't can and cannot do legally. We have been dumbed down and it appears that there is nothing left we can really do. Again, this is a magnatude of global proportions and we are alone here. To proverbially sneeze on another to carry an idea may get a point across and then more people show up with blindfolds on and their hands tied behind their backs to fight a tyrannical gov't. I wonder what it really takes to slay a dragon who's fire is hotter than the sun? I'm guessing it is more than just conveying your dismay to the way it treats you. Again, I respect all Americans and you and am respectfully just trying to envision how this actually helps without proving to be yet another illusion of freedom. I would give my life for my countrymen, but not for an illusion. America is the master of illusions you know. The real problem is that the "hidden ones who pull the strings" also want a revolutionary change, only in the form of the New World Order. They place their chess pieces carefully and with the finesse of Kasparov himself and they are willing to pay top dollar to traitors willing to sell out their countrymen for selfish desires. They will kill and torcher and oppress indiscriminately to get their desired result. What are we willing to do to keep what we have as opposed to walking in circles with signs? Our very foundation of law says we have the right to bear arms (Amendment 2 - 1791), where are they? The government weilds theirs daily in our houses taking our guns away. The executive orders are already in place to take our only defence away, why do you think this is? Because peace to them is a joke. History and life proves that a bully is doing his thing, he continues to do it to those who will not fight back, are they not just bullying us? It is not threatening to them, and to think that anything will change as a result of it is yet another illusion, that is why it is allowed. Do you not agree?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

There are many more of us then there are of them my friend. Even if this is just an illusion there will still be people out there who will remember everything we have done. Even the slightest glimmer of hope is all that a patriot needs to continue his fight!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinister_scarecrow
Again, I respect all Americans and you and am respectfully just trying to envision how this actually helps without proving to be yet another illusion of freedom.

Is your freedom of speech an illusion? They are trying to get the death penalty in other country for anti-gov't. blogs (?).

I would give my life for my countrymen, but not for an illusion.

Personally, I don't believe you for a nanosecond.

The real problem is that the "hidden ones who pull the strings" also want a revolutionary change, only in the form of the New World Order. They place their chess pieces carefully and with the finesse of Kasparov himself and they are willing to pay top dollar to traitors willing to sell out their countrymen for selfish desires. They will kill and torcher and oppress indiscriminately to get their desired result.

Ok, so, metaphorically speaking... since you went there... I'll quote a fantasy sci-fi movie ...
"It's not wise to upset a wookie."
"No one ever worries about upsetting a droid."
"Because droids don't rip peoples arms outta their sockets!"

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

What are we willing to do to keep what we have as opposed to walking in circles with signs? Our very foundation of law says we have the right to bear arms (Amendment 2 - 1791), where are they? The government weilds theirs daily in our houses taking our guns away. The executive orders are already in place to take our only defence away, why do you think this is? Because peace to them is a joke. History and life proves that a bully is doing his thing, he continues to do it to those who will not fight back, are they not just bullying us? It is not threatening to them, and to think that anything will change as a result of it is yet another illusion, that is why it is allowed. Do you not agree?

Wow, If I read your post with the hisses of a snake ... it would be positively sssssscarie.
I won't asssssk the obvious of you.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Wow... that's an amazing turn out.. 3,500 peoples, thats far more that what I thought would turn out at any of these rallies.. I am sad I couldn't have been there..

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Remember folks, dissent and rallying against the power was only cool when Bush was in power. Now that some of the hacks got their kool-aid supplier in office, dissenters should shut up, and praise the messiah!

/Sarcasm off

Yesterday was a great turnout across the nation. It's a start. The MSM and politicians who ignore/mock/belittle these rallies would be wise to listen and pay attention to these demonstrations, as anger has reached a high pitch, and will only get louder if the people's voices are not heard.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I heard the yogurt was pretty goood and their were lots of pretzels though people always seem to complain about those port-o-potties. Wonder why? Maybe it reminds them of what started the mess.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The above three posts are villianous and insipid.

Tentikles: you keep it up!! Your thread is interesting and invigorating. There is worthy debate going on in this thread body as well. All of it is respectful.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join