It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking…Tree growing inside man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Shocking…Tree growing inside man

ww w.dailymail.co.uk

A fir tree has been found growing inside a man's lung by surgeons who were operating on him for suspected cancer.

The tree, measuring 5cm, was discovered by Russian doctors when they opened up Artyom Sidorkin, 28, to remove what they thought was a tumour.

Medical staff believe that Mr Sidorkin somehow inhaled a seed, which later sprouted into a small fir tree inside his lung.
The patient had complained of extreme pain in his chest and had been coughing up blood. Doctors were convinced he had cancer.

'We were 100 per cent sure,' said surgeon Vladimir Kamashev from Izhevsk in the Urals. 'We did X-rays and found what looked exactly like a tumour. I had seen hundreds before, so we decided on surgery.'
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Did not know exactly where to post this, so please move to appropriate forum. I was completely shocked with this article. I search ATS but could not find this anywhere so sorry if this is being discussed under a different title. Picture if the X-ray and Lungs is found in the Article. I remember when I was a kid some people would always joke saying that if you eat a seed a tree will grow in you. What do you make of that?

ww w.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This brings me back to the old days when you would be eating a watermelon, and your parents would tease you by saying "Don't swallow the seeds, or a watermelon will grow in your tummy."

Very interesting, but I can't say that I'm shocked, crazier things have happened in Russia.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

Wow, it makes you wonder how often something like this happens! I wonder how long ago this tree took root in the lung of this guy, or how long it took for the seed to germinate?

How sad he had to loose such a large piece of lung to get it out.

It's almost like he gave birth!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Not so fast. When seeds germinate they only have a certain amount of energy(food) stored up and have a limited growth potential without sunlight and nutrients. The "tree' they show in the X-Ray and photo is far too large to have sprouted from a seed and survived to get that big without sunlight and proper nutrients.

I think this comment from the source puts things in proper perspective:

Oh sure there was a tree growing in his lungs and in that tree they also found a birds nest, a lost kite and the head of an axe which got broken off it's handle when the the little people, who live in his stomach tried to cut it down. They were ever so hungry and needed the wood to built a fire so they could cook up chunks of his liver.

This is just another cheap tabloid telling stories. In this case, don't ask a medical Doctor, ask a Botanist. This is a hoax pure and simple.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If he'd left it, I wonder what would have happened....maybe genetic crossing or something..start growing bark on his face...
Yet more evidence that the trees are conspiring against us to re-create the race of Ents!!!
Omg.....where's my chainsaw...

Really though....that's so trippy. I never would have thought it possible that a seed could grow in lungs...very odd indeed.
So what about fungi or moss? Or lichen? I am very curious now just what might potentially grow in a lung...
Fun lung fungi....say it 20 times quickly!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Good point, I hadn't thought about that, and now I feel dumb. Anybody with a basic understanding of biology should catch that. I knew this story smelled too fishy to be true.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's true (that it's false). The conditions would not be ideal for a tree to grow there in terms of humidity and light, it probably could not have rooted anywhere, they would have seen it on tests, and he would have had more symptoms.

I don't buy one word of it.

[edit on 4/14/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well maybe all the lung X-rays mimicked sunlight and kept it growing!
And then all the blood in his lungs provided nutrients and of course water!
Or he just has magical lungs. Sunny lungs.

Really, 5cm doesn't sound too impossible to me. I'm no botanist though. Maybe the doctors exaggerated? lol

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
It's true (that it's false). The conditions would not be ideal for a tree to grow there in terms of humidity and light, it probably could not have rooted anywhere, they would have seen it on tests, and he would have had more symptoms.

I don't buy one word of it.

[edit on 4/14/2009 by ravenshadow13]

Did you see the photo?

I've heard of things like this before, just not in the lungs.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Man, I am going to be so much more careful when eating watermelons now.

This is one case of mother nature striking back!
Take this you human! How dare you cut down my beautiful trees! I'll make you into a forest!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Is this Mother Nature fighting back for chopping trees down?

I’ll rather think that this is part of evolution where trees evolve to find a way to use humans as food by growing inside of them. Who would have thought that trees would exterminate humans one day….could it be that dinosaurs disappeared because trees started to grow inside of them..

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

If this isn't fake, and they left the tree in his lungs, he'd have died.
He was already having intense chest pains and coughing up blood.
The tree would be a parasite, and as it grew larger would have punctured through his lungs.

Think the chest busters from alien in slow motion.

As for swallowing the seed...

You swallow the seed, it goes into your stomach, and either passes or is digested. Doesn't have a chance to grow, you generally process food in a few hours.

But yeah, fir trees grow pretty quickly, but it takes a lot longer for it to grow that thick, than it would take for him to notice and visit the doctor.

The discovery has not been independently verified.

That seems to be the important part of the article.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

These pictures look very real to me. I don't think this is a hoax. The main basic nutrient for trees are carbon dioxide and the tree grew in the lungs where you expel carbon.

Can we have a botanist here who can confirm this.....

[edit on 4/14/2009 by biomehanika]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
IMPOSSIBLE

That little piece of tree appears to have green in it which means it was able to produce chlorophyll which MEANS it had to have been exposed to light during its growth.

BS

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
True:

Get a bamboo shoot up your fingernail, it will grow.

Wow, Errrrrrrrr, 22 more characters......and yeah

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If it is a hoax it is very well made. Some members claim that cases like this happened before....can you please provide and example with source?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There is probably a good "in communist russia..." joke to be made out of this...‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The Russian are testing a new weapon. We must verify the identity of that guy it could be they mysteriously killed another of the defecting spy.

Also don't forget they have the Yamantau mountain where they carry secret military test. It could be a new biological weapon against the US. They will kill you by growing trees in you lungs and harvest them to light fire during their harsh winter.

It could be the answer to global Warming as well....Grow trees in human lungs which will kill them so that there are no human to further pollute the environment and at the same time you have grown trees...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
IMPOSSIBLE

That little piece of tree appears to have green in it which means it was able to produce chlorophyll which MEANS it had to have been exposed to light during its growth.

BS

firstly.. I do think it's a hoax.

but spending alot of time in sunbeds getting tans might be sufficient. that doesn't explain why the immune system didn't just expell it though.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by riley]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join