It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking…Tree growing inside man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
IMPOSSIBLE

That little piece of tree appears to have green in it which means it was able to produce chlorophyll which MEANS it had to have been exposed to light during its growth.

BS

Though I have no way to verify the authenticity of the photos and the claim. I would not be so quick to rule it out as a possibility.

I would not say that I see any green in the photo of the small tree. It looks all yellow to me, its a shame there is not an extracted picture of it so it wasn't still mostly in the lungs.

What should be kept in mind is that it is not in his stomach where its a very hostile environment. But rather its in his lungs which when you are trying to sprout a seed its not a bad place at all.

The lungs provide warmth, and high humidity, no light or nutrients are required at all, most plants will grow with as little as just water, but those are using sunlight. In this case, I think its possible that the seed could have sprouted in his lungs, since the conditions are fairly ideal.

The next part of the argument is, how was it sustained to get to the size it did. This could be attributed to the plant adapting to its environment, using the resources it had around it in the lung. You can definitely tell by the photo that this tree does not look ideal, far from healthy. Perhaps someone with more intimate knowledge of fir trees could be of help, what exact does a fir tree require to get grown to that size? I am not sure.

So to rule it out completely is a bit quick, even though its hard for anyone to even verify the story. Someone with knowledge of baby fir trees is the best bet, but I think that this situation is not impossible, but rather highly improbable.

Edit: It's also worth noting that a google search of Fir Tree Lungs provides many, many links to different news agencies carrying the story. Kind of gives it a bit more credibility.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Expel it through what? it was in the lungs and grown roots attaching it to the lungs...no way the body could have expelled it.

Found two other source for the information....

Tree Grows in Man’s Lung

livescience

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I find this very strange indeed.
For a seed to germinate it needs moisture and a growing medium.

from the picture shown it looks like a normal seedlings growth pattern.
when a seedling germinates it heads for the light and will stretch in order to get there.
if this seedling germinated in his lung it would not have taken on the secondary and tertiary leaves which generally require sunlight to form properly, the seed usually contains just enough nutrients to feed the root and firdt coteledon growth.

I am guessing this may be a late April fools joke

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I don't know if this is a late April fool....many other media are reporting the same.

Fox:Surgeons Find Tree Growing Inside Man's Lung

Nine MSM:Fir tree sprouts in man's lung

The original news was posted by a Russian newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda Daily. The incident happened in the Urals...and what do we have at the Urals..Yamantau.....equivalent to Area 51..

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
lol, Sometimes I call him bob... but he doesn't like that, he likes to be called Harold.

But sometimes I call him bob just to annoy him.

Ah... good old Fallout 3.

Those who have played it will know what I'm getting at.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This story has been confirmed by Pravda as being true.

It is true. ;-)

Even if it isn't, I had an uncle who lost his leg and grew bean sprouts from his belly button when he got back from Europe after the War.

I saw the bean sprouts - I was the one who planted them ;-)

Edit: Anyone can try this themselves if they have a deep enough belly button and can minimize their movements...

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I think the evidence speaks for itself, the tree needs sunlight, the lungs are sheltered so no light. Secondly, the tree is green, meaning it has sunlight exposure.

Finally, this person could have, for what ever it may be, could have had it forced into his lung to spur this for the purpose of being famed by it.

People can do very strange things for attention, I can't dismiss a person in some lunacy thinking a fir twig in the lung will get him the attention he so craves.

I don't believe it germinated and grew 5cm in the lungs, if that were the case all manner of air born seeds that we may inhale have equal opportunity to use our lungs as a growing medium.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
How in the world did a seed get into his lung? That sounds strange to me, but I don't know much about these things. Perhaps someone needs to enlighten me.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
How in the world did a seed get into his lung? That sounds strange to me, but I don't know much about these things. Perhaps someone needs to enlighten me.

That was a mistake on the surgeons behalf.

Lacking the requisite botanical skills and since the patient didn't notice any branch being swallow or forced down into the lungs, he placed his Russian money on germination.

A root structure would have been detected if this was the case and the roots would constitute the bulk of the plant's mass at that stage of development - which they did not do...

The man's bodily fluid would provide additional nourishment to the developing plant. Many plants do not require sunlight at the earlier stages o development. This branch however, was from a mature tree.

I bet this incident occurred while he was drunk or otherwise intoxicated.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I think this may be a hoax also... Unless he inhaled that.

He was probably hopped up on goofballs and forgot he choked on a branch of a fern tree the night before or something...

If it really was growing in his lung, one has to ask how it got there. . .

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
no No NO....

So many things wrong with this "tale" it's untrue:

Inhaling a seed:

First of all; has anyone tried moving a seed using only air...take an apple seed and imagine the amount of energy required to get it airborn...you'd be talking a force 9 gale...and then it would have to fly straight into your mouth or nose.

Next: Getting a seed into your lungs:
If the human lung had evolved to be able to get objects of that size into the lung; we'd be in all kinds of trouble.
Anything over the size of dust particles ( ie something can be suspended in air) will not get into the lungs as it's too big.

Autoimmune response : A seed is a foreign object and forgetting the above; if something gets into the lung it's would immediately encased in a cyst or timour and destroyed.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I wouldn't believe anything that rag prints!

Don't believe anything you read in the British printed press without another source.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

I've inhaled half a cup of water.

My lungs have whole grapes in them.
(although i have yet to grow any vines)

Ask some of our Veterans about the presence of Sand and dust in their lungs.

*To clarify;

Do you believe that a plastic ball with a 1 cm diameter could be inhaled by a human?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
That is so cool. and weird. poor dude though.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by biomehanika
reply to post by riley

Expel it through what? it was in the lungs and grown roots attaching it to the lungs...no way the body could have expelled it.

The coughing reflex. If not straight away.. puss would have formed around it- it would've become infected and he could've coughed it up or gotten sick/died of an infection (or it could've just disolved or grown over perhaps). Unless he has some sort of auto immune and nerve problem it does not make sense that it was able to grow into a tree. Where did the root system go? So his anti-bodies just ignored it and didn't bother fighting it off? If his body couldn't fight off the seedling.. how did he even survive getting a lung cut out of him? Why did they only discover it was a tree afterwards? I've never heared of doctors not doing a biopsy before cancer surgery..

I think it's just an april fools joke that took time to hit the west.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by riley]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I do not think it is a tree , too many factors rule it out.

It does not rule out a theory that it is a parasite that LOOKS like a tree though.

I mean , since all people here are conjecturing about this , knowing nothing at all about the components that that thing has , it is a much more plausible theory.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
[
but spending alot of time in sunbeds getting tans might be sufficient. that doesn't explain why the immune system didn't just expell it though.

Umm ....When you use tanning lamps, the light does not penetrate your body past the skin. Tanning beds do not tan your lungs.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

Actually, I've burped up smoke before hours after I had smoked it. It must have been stored in my stomach some-how (accidental swallowing with smoke in mouth most likely). Anyway it came out when I burped like it had only just been in there a second.

Therefore it maybe can work the other day? Maybe you can bring food down into lungs? Because I bought smoke into my stomach.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by Jukiodone

I've inhaled half a cup of water.

My lungs have whole grapes in them.
(although i have yet to grow any vines)

Ask some of our Veterans about the presence of Sand and dust in their lungs.

*To clarify;

Do you believe that a plastic ball with a 1 cm diameter could be inhaled by a human?

How can your lungs have whole grapes in them? Are you serious? wtf? lol

And half a cup of water? Didn't you cough it out?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin

Originally posted by riley
[
but spending alot of time in sunbeds getting tans might be sufficient. that doesn't explain why the immune system didn't just expell it though.

Umm ....When you use tanning lamps, the light does not penetrate your body past the skin. Tanning beds do not tan your lungs.

Actually it would.. I doubt it would be enough to grow a tree but if you hold a torch up to your hand it will shine through. I've never used a tanning lamp but I I've heared they're fairly strong and they'd have the required light spectrum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join