It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to "Profile" - We don't have it anymore?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Too many changes ...

Please Mr. Overlord, if you insist on having everything under "member tools" (giggles at the seeming insult) can we at least have it as a drop down menu like the "My Account" menu in ATS Media?

Please?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ya I also would like the profile button back! I was a convenient way to transition between posts.
At first I thought that my profile was deleted.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Alert the Media, As an often vocal critic I like the new feature.

Just 2 itty-bitty ?'s:

#1 Will that button now hi-light indicating a U2U?

#2 Are there plans in the works to allow embedding of ATS media from within the "Reply To" composition pane? It would rock to access our photos / media from within that rascal. It can be tricky navigating back & forth, cutting & pasting links etc. I often lose my replies. Perhaps this is more of a feature request.

Kind Regards...KK

[edit on 14-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

LOL yeah, when I didn't see the profile button anymore at the top on my tool bar, I thought I had been banned at first.

I quickly scanned everything to see if I still had a "log out" button and went to various pages to make sure I still had access.

But my first thought, was a definite "OMG - I have done something to be banned from ATS and I don't know what"!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

SO did that!

Now we can access the top down kmenue button. Now you should be able to access it with a top down menue.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Today's changes are complete.

Most should be pleased with the final edition of the new "Member Tools" button.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

S DOG - they listened to you!!!

We have the drop down members tools now!!

AWESOME - thanks PTB - for listening to the members, once again!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hey look at that!

It's a drop down menu.

Thank you very much, that is actually much better.

It's change we can believe in.

reply to post by questioningall

I'm pretty sure that was in the works before I mentioned it.

No matter, it looks great.

[edit on 14 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

love the new member tools drop down menu
... maybe a new drop down link could be put up there linking to the different forums, using the board button already there?

sorry if that's an out there request ... just a thought.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the fast and almost seamless transfer to the new system.

It's very nifty!!

-m0r

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's a very nice new addition, is very well organized and is very much appreciated. Thanks so much!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Those stinkers! I love the new tool bar! Thought they took away our profile? Nope just made things Waaay better.

I guess we just jumped the gun this am before the transition was complete, lol. Sometimes if you just wait it all becomes clear...

What do you think Qa?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
NEW RULE:

Nobody is allowed to complain about new features until they are COMPLETED.

I swear some days this forum reads like adult day care and recess has been canceled!

Springer...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

That seems fair enough.

Just curious, is there an ongoing thread or place where we might be alerted to future enhancements or on-going "Work In Progress?"

That might quell some reactions. Like the "Road Signs" used in post violations. Perhaps an indicator of some sort.

I suppose in a global community of this magnitude, there are no "off hours." I like this new feature and can only imagine the tons of coding and hours required to implement such a change on this scale.

Basic Labor Rate: $ 75/hr.
If you watch: $ 100/hr.
If you help: $ 125/hr.

I'll just shut up now.

Regards...KK

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is great! I love it.

Especially how there is an option for u2u's now. We no longer have to go through the member center when our light isn't on.

Wonderful feature. Will we be able to open the selections in new tabs in the future? When right clicked, tabs aren't an option.

Either way is fine, though. This is an excellent change.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

ermmm....is it done?

'Cuz my 'member tools' tab is a little shrunken.....don't want to go all Freudian, here

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

That is also under member tools.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
NEW RULE:

Nobody is allowed to complain about new features until they are COMPLETED.

I swear some days this forum reads like adult day care and recess has been canceled!

Springer...

I am sorry, but I do not feel that is in any way a fair accusation of those of us who questioned what was going on.

IF any of us had been aware changes were being made and we complained before the changes, that would then apply to your statement, and you would have a right to say that, but that was not the case!

Let me ask, what was wrong with those of us asking about something that all of a sudden disappeared when it had always been there before?

When the profile button had disappeared, I literally thought I had been banned, without knowing it. The tool bar looked like it did, before I became a member - without the profile button. Once I found I had not been banned after going to a few threads and finding I could still post.

I then started this thread, simply questioning what happened.

I would never have questioned it, if I had known we were getting changes.

So, in saying that.... to refer to us as a bunch of kids complaining, is in no way a fair or accurate portrayal of those who asked what was happening earlier today.... considering we did not know it was happening

I thought we were allowed to question things here, including when there is all of a sudden a change, which we were not aware of.

BTW - I Like the new member tool bar, I think it is wonderful and a very nice change. Not that my opinion matters anyway, but it is still my opinion, as is everything else I wrote above.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I honestly think that was his dry sense of humor coming through
, he knew by the time he posted that we had figured it out.

I do appreciate the awesome consideration the forum Administrators go through to make this the most futuristic site on the WWW.

They never cease to amaze me. This is so considerate and together.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I love the new member tools drop down menu, I think it's a great addition.

All the wonderful things this site does for it's membership is what makes ATS a great site to go to every day

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join