It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to "Profile" - We don't have it anymore?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have just noticed there is no more "Profile" button anymore.

There was one earlier this morning, but now it is not on the above tool bar.

Has it just been taken out temporarily or is this a permanent thing?

It the button is now located elsewhere, where is it we can find it?

Is it just me, that doesn't have a "profile" button anymore, or is it everyone?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's under 'member tools'.

Peace

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Your right, I was like, pff....yes we......oh wait, no we don't, maybe its just site mait. I hope its not gone, I used that button to go back to posts I have made days earlier

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
"View ATS Profile" is spelt wrong...

In member tools it has been mistakenly spelt "vew ATS Profile"

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Why was it taken away from the above tool bar, it was convenient - when trying to look up past postings etc.

Is it there permenantly, or will we possibly be able to get it back up where it was?

Was it taking up too much space and you need to put something else up?

yes, I ask lots of questions........ it kinda comes with my name!

I was just wondering, why all the extra steps now for Profile, when it was so easy before and an often used button on my end.

To connect up with "friends" for u2uing etc.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy! They've removed it so we can't see any background data on one another. The misspelling of veiw as vew is just another brick in the wall which will eventually encircle and enslave us. . .The gods of ATS openly mock us.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How do you get to the profile page? I've tried going to the member tools section but I don't see it.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Dang it is way down towards the bottom...........

hhhmmmm okay............

WHY??? Seriously WHY? WHY take it off as a convenient button?

Jeez, I don't think another "Sunday" discussion will come............ but.....

not to get into your "inside" discussions, but is there some reason which is not completely obvious of why we had a button that was used over and over everyday taken away and now there are 3 steps to get to it?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
How do you get to the profile page? I've tried going to the member tools section but I don't see it.

You can go to U2U and the vew ATS profile tab is the fifth down on the left.
Because of this stupid "need more characters" idea I now need to think of something else to say. Oh that did it!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Don't forget that at the bottom of every post is a profile button as well.

Always nice to have multiple options

*that one takes you to the profile of the member who made that specific post*

ed: clarity

[edit on 4/14/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

AAHHH, guess what??

Never realized one was there before, okay.... I guess it isn't so bad anymore about it not being at the top. It was very funny to see it there, one moment and gone the next.

Yeah yeah, I know........ I really am a big pain in the you know what............ always have been.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Okay, so is it quicker for me to post here, then click on my profile button to see my posting history, or is it quicker to use the member tools section?

I'm gonna guess that you're going to want to put the profile button somewhere nice and easy for users to find.

Else I'll just set my profile as my bookmark here (which stuff function wise, what about all those adverts on the main page?)

-m0r

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just bookmark your profiles if you care that much, otherwise do what I do and click on my ats from the sites homepage.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
First thing I noticed today jetting on for a minute. I will now go try and find it in tools which I never think I knew about. I am really getting lost these days and find it hard to navigate smoothly, have been thinking I need to find an expert to take half a day and walk me through the newer system.

For some it creates an ease and a flow incomparable, but me? Limited. I am still having trouble with the media uploads too and I know there has to be an easy way to do stuff there.

Could we get perhaps a one stop forum for how to navigate the entire forum? Pretty please with sugar on top?

I loved AshleyDs and Skeptic's guide with video of how to upload an avie, it still took me a while as I stopped his video every step and in another window followed instructions to a tee. The end result was more than I had hoped for, lol!

The comp geniuses cant relate to our deficits...

Thanks so much and like I said I am now off to find my profile...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
In my opinion the tool bar above looks "lonely" now. It looks like it is missing an important little button...... something just doesn't look or feel right about it....

I am really missing something right now when I look at it..... a recent memory of a "friend" which I often clicked on easily, seems to not be showing it's smiling face anymore............ hhmmm........ I wonder what that could be?

Edit - Oh, I wonder if some are singing that song in their heads right now "Taken it to the limits"?

[edit on 14-4-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You do know that each of your posts has a profile link in them right?

Just below your post is a small button marked profile, I believe that this takes you to your profile page.

I know it's not as convenient as the handy dandy button at the top of the page but I have my suspicions that behind the scenes there is a major rework of the profile page to assimilate the new ATS media pages into your profile.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
We're s-s-s-s-slo-o-o-o-wly transitioning the board menu to the user-experience represented via the menu system of the main site... examples:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think, out of all the recent changes to this site, this is probably the most pointless. What was the point of this exactly? It can't have been in order to make it more 'user friendly' as what was accessible with a single click is now actually two pages away. For we few dial-up users this is probably more of an issue than most, but even if loading time wasn't an issue, it seems ridiculous to bury this two pages deep.

It can't have been for 'space saving reasons', either. Whilst I dare say that not everyone used this button, I'd hedge a bet that more people used this that say 'stats' which manages to secure its place on the tool bar. Similarly, the overlap between 'hot' and 'top' makes much of their functions partially redundant; any time I look at those pages, invariably they show several of the same threads. Yet they too manage to keep their places? Similarly, the 'chat' button: does that even work? How about 'ATS MIX'? Where does that take me?

Yes, I can find one of my own posts - which is ironically more difficult now the profile button has gone - and use the profile button from there, but unless you're a poster that seems to be a 'professional thread starter' or 'human news feed' like some on here, then it's not that easy a task.

I never thought I'd actually use this emoticon, but here goes:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I cant find the member link to search for members. It seems to be gone too. Where can I find it? It isnt in member center??,,, that I was able to
Thank you,

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I agree it is more difficult, even though there is a "profile" under our postings, when I am navigating about and under just looking at the "board" or "recent postings" - I have to go into a thread to find a posting of mine to hit "profile" or I have to go to "members tools", there are extra and it seems useless steps now, instead of a simple click on the tool bar.

edit- for correct english

[edit on 14-4-2009 by questioningall]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join