It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Death Of Britt Lapthorne

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Great story. Even before I got to your theory or even half way through the story I thought of the movie "Hostel." Those movies really freaked me out because I knew that stuff like that really happens. It's scary.....I feel bad for her family. I hope they get answers about their daughters death, they deserve that much.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
According to CNN almost a million people go missing in this country every year! Of that number it is claimed that 850,000 are children! The Hostel theory reminds me very much of the case of Paul Bonnachi, the young man who successfully sued Republican fundraiser Lawrence King for abducting him and forcing him into sex slavery. I'll bet a large number of you a familiar with this case and the scandalous events that enfold it like a perverse onion. The story is detailed in the book entitled The Franklin Coverup by former Nebraska state senator John DeCamp and the picture it paints of organized child abuse is absolutely frightening. Mr. Bonnachi claimed that he was regularly pimped out to prominent Washington senators, congressmen and lobbyists during the course of his enslavement and that the ring was at least partially based out of Offut Air Force Base in Nebraska. There is so much info concerning this call-boy scandal that came out because of the Savings and Loan debacle back in the '80s that, if any of you stellar folks aren't familiar with it, it would be well worth your time to google any of the names I mentioned above and see what comes up. Needless to say that if any of these accusations are true then our government is even more disgustingly corrupt than you or I have even dared to imagine.

Anyway, it seems to me that 850,000 children per year must be going somewhere. It's for damn sure that they can't all be running away or getting lost in the woods. Where do all these people go? What are their fates? I'm sure that some of them are people who just attempt to walk away from a current situation that they find unttenable, but that can't account for all of the disappearences. Can all of those missing people honestly be the work of happenstance or is it honest evidence of something far more sinister afoot within our borders? Out of all of the curiosities that inhabit this website this is the one that concerns and worries me the most, because it is well and factually documented and it has yet to have any reasonable explanation ascribed to it.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Nicely compiled and written.

I only vaguely followed the case in the media last year when it happened, and then when Sunday Night began to air I thought they would be using it to get ratings.

Obviiously this is not the case once you read all the information provided in your posts it certainly makes one wonder just what happened or is happening over there.

This is the type of quality that, unfortunatley, is lacking on ATS nowadays.

Will be following this closely.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
S+F Great post, although the Hostel theory does not sound quite plausible to me, but wont say its impossible either.

I live in Croatia, continental east region.
The Britt Lapthorne case is well known to croatian public and was well covered by the media. I didnt follow the news as much to know every detail, so this thread helps a lot.

The first thing that crossed my mind after breaking news about foreign person gone missing in Dubrovnik, and been missing for few days, that she was kidnapped by illegal organ traders. Then they found a body and like autopsy showed no organs, like kidneys and liver were removed.

Also, knowing my government and police, possibility of some kind of cover up is very high. I can even say im 100% sure of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by godless

According to CNN almost a million people go missing in this country every year! Of that number it is claimed that 850,000 are children!

This is a deceptive number based on Missing Person reports filed. The number you want, a tiny fraction of that, is how many stay missing. Children run away from home, divorced spouses take away their separated children, people disappear for weeks on drug ODs, etc.

The Britt Lapthorne story is tragic and one feels for her family.

But put in context, thousands of people disappear every year sometimes under horrific circumstances. It happens with terrible frequency in less developed countries, and tellingly more the closer they are to the Mediterranean.

When it happens to an Asian, Black, Phillipina, or any girl from a Third World country it's never covered. When a middle class white girl disappears, especially if she's blonde and attractive, thousands are suddenly lamenting, chanting pieties, expressing their outraged indignation.

Mike

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nicely done, I haven't seen a topic so well researched on here in a long time. I haven't ever heard of Britt Lapthorne, or even of the Hostel-type situations (I'm not one for horror movies or topics), but it almost doesn't surprise me that there would be something like this. Hopefully one day the truth will come out, even if it is terrible, just for her family's sake.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I dont know about linking these events to movies like Hostel, but there's definitely abductions taking place in Croatia. 5 attempted abductions on women alone, is proof enough.

There is quite a bit of information throughout many countries of police involvement in abductions. From police involvement in South America, Asia and many parts of Europe. For the most part police involvement has been linked to the sex trade of women.

One movie you can find online is: Sex Slaves - Frontline Documentary. Which shows women who are abducted, tricked and forced into the sex trade. Most terrible is one account of a women who escapes, goes to the police, and is returned to the abductors by the very same police she runs too for help. Where there is profit to be made, there is all forms of evil.

Because it is reported there are groups of men involved in this case, there is no doubt it is organized abductions. Often in many parts of the world, police and criminals act together when the profits can be shared. But I'm more inclined to believe with this case that Britt was the target of a sex crime.

I have read reports on abductions by ex-sex slave traders where women have 1. died from overdose when their abductors attempts to subdue them for transport go wrong. 2. have taken their own lives when realizing the dire situation they find themselves in. And lastly died by misadventure (report of a women who suffocated to death when placed in a container in the back of a truck for a border crossing)

Just because Britt was found dead, does not mean her abductors sold her off for thrill murder at all. More than likely I am inclined to believe the situation in Croatia is simply a group of VERY perverse and corrupt police officers have abducted a tourist for rape and murder. Usually a ring leader and a few like minded sicko's is all it takes, and you have the innocents worst nightmare.

Its a situation where this coastal region is full of young and beautiful foreign women on holidays. If anyone has traveled to these destinations would know, party hard, lots of drinks and casual sex is often the norm.

When you throw into that mix sexually perverted, corrupt and criminal police officers, who are a law unto themselves, the worst is bound to happen.
Not only that, but if the corruption into sexual depravity goes higher than the police - it makes perfect sense the family is meeting so much resistance.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Burginthorn]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Roth and Tarantino stumbled onto a Thai website that advertised 'Murder Vacations", where you pay 10,000 dollars and are given the chance to torture and murder someone. That was the inspiration for the movie, and yes, he thought first about a documentary.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Fantastic Post!!! I hope people keep talking about Britt death until those sadistic cops get caught. I think the 'hostel' theory might have truth to it aswell.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I personally have heard of rumors that were wide spread and talked about groups that organized "vacations" during the Bosnia War 1991 1996.
Rumors have it that some people were actually paying lots of money to certain groups to participate in killings probably of unsuspected civilians. The "vacationers" were also receiving a brief training in marksmanship to play a role as a sniper.
Maybe these were the first events of "opportunity" that created that atrocious market in our days.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Thankyou all for your kind words, it took quite a while to prepare this thread for posting so I am very glad to see that it has been received well.

As I have said before, the Hostel theory I put forward is just that, a theory - meant to be explored, elaborated on or changed to suit the current circumstances. Others have put forward their own thoughts on perhaps it being an organ transplant operation, or simply a corrupt police force. I believe we here, at ATS, have the know-how and the ability to get to the bottom of this so go nuts guys!

My plan is to update this thread with any new information that may come to light whether that be in the media or otherwise. I would ask everyone who has read this thread to also be on the lookout for new information and post it here if and when it becomes available.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yeah, I have to admit that Hostel came to mind for me as well as I read through this and watched the videos. I feel sick when I think that anyone would actually feel compelled to WANT to kill someone just for the hell of it. Disgusting.

There was a movie a while back called Surviving the Game (www.imdb.com...) that was slightly similar. Ice T, the main character, was a homeless guy who got "lucky" and landed what he thought was a good job as a wilderness guide. But when he went out on his first trip he quickly discovered that he was brought out to the middle of nowhere to be hunted. Unlike the many unfortunate people who were in his shoes before he came along, he survived. It's a decent movie. Another that shows sick rich people who have the attitude that some other people are nothing, and can be used as sport or objects for their own satisfaction.

I do have to agree with the person who mentioned that there's never much, if any attention given to the vast majority of people who disappear. The ones who do get coverage are usually well to do Caucasians. I can't imagine how many of those who vanish might be used for some sick perversion like this.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Great research and compilation. Excellent post S&F

I think that the fact the body was advanced decomposed suggests someone with forensic knowledge perpetrated the crime...like the police officers.

They know how to hide some evidence but they were unable to tie up loose ends in the failed abudctions.

I hope some Aussies fly over there and go vigilante on them.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Dubrovnik is part of former Yugoslavia,where they had a terrible civil war with thousands of casualties.My brother talked about snuff videos his yugoslavien work mates were watching at that time.It happened then and its still happening I think.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This post is amazing. You've done a fine job! Thank you for bringing this to people's attention.

reply to post by godless

Godless I thought of The Franklin Cover-Up as well.

If anyone wants to watch a documentary about it (The conspiracy of Silence) they can view it here: video.google.com...

The sad truth is A LOT of people go missing that will never be missed. If more of these people had families like this girl maybe more light would be shed on this subject.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Have their parents ever tried to use paranormal investigators to help providing answers to questions they might have and possibly, to help solving the case? Some years ago Discovery Channel broadcast a show in which paranormal people helped the police solving homicides. Currently, a group of paranormal people participate in a show on TV helping to solve cold-cases. Twice they have been able to solve the case, in the other times they were able to provide the police with new starting points.

Families from deceased people in this show wanted to participate in a last attempt to find answers to questions that couldnt be answered by others. I think it would be worthwhile giving a try.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I am breathless after reading this story and watching the video. I am heartbroken and frustrated. There is true evil in this world, and this case is proof of that.

Lord only knows how many other cases of abduction have taken place in this same area. I find it difficult to believe that the 5 women that the investigator spoke with were the only ones. How many other women have gone missing, who perhaps don't have families available or capable of making their voices heard?

From my understanding, the 5 women Australian media did speak to all had their incidents take place in the space of 1 year. This means that whoever is doing this has an agenda. They're not simply out there trying to catch women for sexual gratification. This is organized. They are collecting women. The fact that all of the girls looked the same creeped me out the most.

I instantly thought that the judge must have something to do with it. How perverse that he would swim in the same bay where the body was found so soon after the incident. Perhaps this is some sort of local government sanctioned sex slave thing? The ringleader having a preference for pretty blondes?

Whatever the case is, I pray that the truth comes out, so that this family can have some kind of closure, and so that future women aren't subjected to the same fate.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have heard on Australian Radio an investigative reporter has been researching Lapthornes murder and has statements from other women who attended the same club as Lapthorne say they were almost abducted by people.

I cant remember the exact details or the reporters name but he is building a case towards a documentary I beleive but he will also be forwarding evidence to the authorities that he says will prove a Hostel type of gang involved with the local police in Dubrovnik is operating and they all are getting a cut, hence the co-ordinated cover-up.

Looks like some of the Croatians taste of blood from the wars in the 90's never went sour.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It is clear to me that she was murdered either by police pr according to your theory. The treatment of foreigners like this is a very normal thing in Eastern Europe, because police is outside the law - the law does not apply to them - I am from E Europe myself and I work in hospitality industry - I've seen all sorts.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn

There is quite a bit of information throughout many countries of police involvement in abductions. From police involvement in South America, Asia and many parts of Europe. For the most part police involvement has been linked to the sex trade of women.

Because it is reported there are groups of men involved in this case, there is no doubt it is organized abductions. Often in many parts of the world, police and criminals act together when the profits can be shared. But I'm more inclined to believe with this case that Britt was the target of a sex crime.

... When you throw into that mix sexually perverted, corrupt and criminal police officers, who are a law unto themselves, the worst is bound to happen.

Not only that, but if the corruption into sexual depravity goes higher than the police - it makes perfect sense the family is meeting so much resistance.

You obviously understand what goes on in this parts of the world. Police act primarily as facilitators for whoever controls their jurisdiction. It could be a wealthy local landowner, a drug cartel, maybe foreign criminals involved in smuggling. The police's job is to protect the interests of these people. They become irritated when having to deal with routine matters like accidents, domestic disputes and specially murders. It means filing paperwork and giving some semblance of an investigation.

Unless someone who speaks the language is given money and time to question locals and offer bribes, there's virtually no chance the real perpetrators will be found. There is virtually no chance a successful state prosecution and conviction will occur. It will be covered up by the law enforcers themselves who fell loyalty to protecting each other and the game they have going.

The awful reality is that many women disappear in less civilized parts of the world with no serious follow-up from local authorities.

Had the family not had the resource to push for an investigation this would be just another of thousands of unsolved and uncared about mysterious disappearances and murders.

Again we are provided the grisly details and back story of this particular case because a white middle class pretty young girl dying horribly is fodder for our sensation seeking press and their waiting audience. A saddening reflection on which injustices in the world so many people choose to focus their attention on.

Mike

[edit on 15-4-2009 by mmiichael]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join