It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On 12.21.12 What will YOU be doing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Theres a lot of time between now and 2012.

I think its way too early to predict what people will be doing - as circumstances may have changed radically.

Some people who now post - 'drinking and eating with my friends', might in fact find that they will be 'starving to death alone'.

Not to throw a damper on the party - but I believe we must wait and see what the world will be like in 2012 - I think it will surely not resemble the world we have today - great changes are coming and rapidly as the worlds economy spins out of control.

I believe that a certain amount of forward planning in terms of securing your wealth and means to prosper through the coming deterioration of the world economy should be on everyone's list right now.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I didnt really have any plans for this day untill i saw this thread but uhm, most likely ill be on college or at home or racing some alien ships with my cl500, who knows but i still think it will be just another normal day before xmas. Peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I don't know if this will get me in any trouble.
Seeing as how lately my lifes been very drifterish, yet enjoyable, a lot of hardships, and lessons learned though.

I'll be enjoying my water pipe, and watching they day go down. I mean even if I had work, no way, loved ones, some beers, a good day, and hell if nothing happens, it was still a good day eh?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Watching the fake alien invasion repleat with a "jesus" (lower case) impersonator inviting everyone into the space ships.

I will be sipping freshly squeezed orange juice and munching on pop corn.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Would you be brass necked enough to elaborate just a little to what may occur. I'd like to hear what you think "could" happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
ON 12\22\12 Ill wake up turn on the radio and “hopefully” hear about all the idiots that killed themselves the night before, and any other crazy events that happened, then cook some breakfast and take my family out for a walk to the park and have a great day! Hope to see you there.....or hear about you anyway!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'll get up. Get ready for work. Kiss my wife goodbye and tell her "TGIF."

Go to work.

Brag about how I'll be off the next 9 days (my company will be giving us the 24th and 25th off, I'll take the next 3 days Vacation."

Get off work about 4:30. get home @ 5:13. My wife and I will probably swing by "Five Guys" and eat the best hamburgers in the world.

Then we'll stop by world market and get some wine. I'll try to stay up 'till 12;00, so's i can sleep in on Saturday morning, but We'll probably go to bed by 10:00 (we both get up @ 5:00am on weekdays).

At 11:11 pm (that's when we pass through the plane of the ecliptic" I'll be snoring my rump roast off.

And that will pretty much be my day.

Next day I'll log on to ATS and laugh at all the silly postings that will:

1...outline the reasons why "The End" didn't happen.

2...outline the next calamity that WILL be happening for sure.

I just love ATS...some of the best entertainment ever.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
OK ill use my imagination as I can see now the OP is fishing for a story even though im sure he/she has seen it in a movie somewhere.

1. All the planets align sending the gravitational pull of the planets apart causing the biggest bowling alley in the universe to crash all the pins in one mighty blow (something so huge it won’t matter because it will happen so fast we won’t feel it or be able to stop it anyway)

2. The earth enters the "cleansing" period, starting with an ice age to freeze the planet and allowing to be filtered through thousands of years of ice age and then the cycle will start over with the possibility of some creatures surviving (amphibians).

3. The NWO's timeline of depopulation, and destruction of all enemies to its cause, is finally complete and humanity is enslaved

4. The sun grows increasingly hotter for it has begun the burn out cycle of its life and goes supernova sucking the life out of the whole galaxy.

5. Magnetic poles shift sending the earth into a destructive spin that destroys the planet.

6. And finally some wacked out "god" high on cosmic star dust, comes to reap his wrath against the inhabitants of his planet, which from his point of view must be like the dodo bird which replaced his once peaceful and loving creatures with these dirty disgusting things that go around destroying his beautiful creation. (From what I read on ATS this is the most likely outcome)
Either way we all die, so suck it up butter cup and live the rest of what you have to the fullest.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by humilisunus]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Heavens_Tears

Major John Jenkins has a decent scientific view on the Long Count countdown. I believe if you google him you would find an alignment2012 or something similar.

AB1

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by humilisunus

I am not phishing for anything, I am mearly tryign to get a grasp of the feelings everyone has towards what will happen. Seems like most are not worried or feel nothing will happen, which is odd for a CT website.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

AHAHA i will be doing what i wanna do? What i have always wanna do and spending time with my family and stuff but I wanna do things i havent done yet =)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

AHAHA i will be doing what i wanna do? What i have always wanna do and spending time with my family and stuff but I wanna do things i havent done yet =)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lorents

all of it is just dis information. all distractions. all deception. everything. why? because 1000 well placed, knowledgable leaders, who are working to rule the whole world use your mind against you.

I will wholeheartedly disagree on the first part there. There is no disinformation in the fact that the long count will end during the winter solstice of 2012.

There is no deception, but fact, that the galactic alignment was prophecied by the Mayan's during the peak of their civilization.

Now, what it all MEANS could well be (I wont say disinformation or deception because until we have someone who can accurately communicate with the ghosts of former Mayan scholars and determine that they were disinformation agents and harbingers of deceit) misconstrued by those who don't seem to open up their minds widely enough to draw the conclusion that while the Earth can become a distant memory at ANY time in our lives, certainly the exact opposite is true too.

Perhaps the REAL change that they foresaw taking place is ACTUALLY taking place. Maybe the world won't end, but the world as we know it will. I've heard a lot of people posting here about how they will spend more time with their families. About how they will make love to their wives/husbands. About how they will tell everyone they know, that they love them "just in case". Hell, in my estimation, I already see that as a change in "life as we know it".

AB1

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Etsivä Romppainen

How could the Mayans predict such future events? I quess that the only explanation is if they had contact with ancient astronauts.

I've seen so many posts like this and honestly it gets me every time.

Q: Exactly what "prediction" did the Mayan's make?

A: None. They developed a calander, THREE to be exact. The tzolkin, the haab and the long count.

The tzolkin (a 260 day cycle calander) was, when you get to brass tacks about it, an agricultural calander. Often associated with either good luck or bad luck, history would believe that they based their crops on it.

The haab most closely resembles our gregorian calander. It's really a 360 day calander with 5 extra days attached to it, or what they called uayeb. The days of the haab were numbered 0 to 19 (20 days). The mayans are actually credited with being the first civilization to recognize the value of zero. In fact, for all intents and purposes, had they not (while im sure someone else may have) we wouldn't be typing here and exchanging comments on ATS as, the value of zero is an integral part of this computing environment.

The long count (the one being discussed here) is the one that seems at the point of most contention. The Long Count is really a mixed base-20/base-18 representation of a number and what it most likely represents is the count of number of days since the beginning of the Mayan era.
The basic unit of the Long Count is the kin (day) and is the final component of the long count calander.
The Long Count is broken down thusly:

uinal 1 uinal = 20 kin = 20 days
tun 1 tun = 18 uinal = 360 days = approx. 1 year
katun 1 katun = 20 tun = 7,200 days = approx. 20 years
baktun 1 baktun = 20 katun = 144,000 days = approx. 394 years

The kin, tun and katun are numbered from 0 to 19..the uinal are numbered from 0 to 17, and baktun numbered from 1 to 13.

Now, given the nature and sheer NUMBERS involved with the Long Count calander, one could imagine that the ONLY "prediction" that the Mayans made was not one of the ENDING of the world, but of their own civilization. They were mathematical scholars, geniuses. AND they were astute which most likely led them to draw the conclusion (based on their OWN current events) that their civilization would not have the longevity of a singular Long Count. Given that, why would they choose to represent a "restart" of it if they knew it would be of no value to any future generation?

AB1

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

If you thought the Y2K thing was overblown, imagine what is going to happen for this!

The whole Y2K thing was based a bit more in reality because we knew there was a REAL possibility that all the computers could go nuts because of an oversight in the original manufacturing. This 2012 thing seems like nothing but a lot of speculation and conjecture (albeit some very compelling speculation and conjecture ) and like so many other "end of the world" type prophecies that have come and gone before this will more than likely be a fuss over nothing!

So to answer your question: preparing my "I told you so" post for ATS!

[edit on 14/4/09 by sotp]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sotp

hahaha, well said, but you know what? I kinda hope something does happen. This world needs a change, a kick in the ass if you will. Whether it be war, pollution, religious fanaticism, famine, etc. We are going to "hell" in a handbasket. I hope that of all the predictions and speculation. the one about a new dawn for man, of a better world, a new spritual begging is the one that does come true. For all of our sakes, we need it.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
in meditation.

By then I'll be sitting on 40-60 acres in the backwoods/mountainous country of the south with a cabin, several orchards of fruit tree's, nuts, and a veggie garden.

Whatever happens will happen regardless that day. Exciting times

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm so jealous of all these ppl saying they will be in mountain areas or in the woods. I live in a coastal city, so if anything bad does happen and there is a tsunami or something, I am done for hahahaha. I'll just go up to Signal Hill and watch the wave come in I guess, enjoy the ride!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Great thread OP. It is a long time away still, but if I can, I will book a flight to DC a few days before. If anything happens, DC will surely be the center of information. I am currently enrolled in a university going for political science, so even if nothing happens, another trip to DC will be relevant

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Leading up to 2012, I plan to be somewhere in Europe. I feel compel to leave America before things get worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join