It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a picture of the entire universe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I was messing around with a picture of a tree and created this image. It instantly grabed my attention and resembles what I would imagine the entire universe to look like as a whole. I stared at it for atleast five minutes straight.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3a430bebd48.jpg[/atsimg]

What do you think? Could this possibly be a model of the entire universe?

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

The drawing is pretty interesting.

Scale wise it could be one persons choices on a daily basis, a group of peoples choices in a month, the worlds choices in a decade, a complete map of the universe, a complete map of the multiverse or it could be a brain cell etc.

You get where I am going. Guess it all depends on what you label the middle??

[edit on 13-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I guess the middle would be the singularity, the sourse, or God. It is a fractal if you see the smallest branches as getting smaller and smaller intill they are no longer visible, though it does end in the middle which I find interesting. There is a begining point, but no end.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
You might be interested in this talk.

Your illustration is not far off the mark. Get rid of the trunks and make the entire picture from the branches and you start to get an idea of what our Galaxy looks like.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
I guess the middle would be the singularity, the sourse, or God. It is a fractal if you see the smallest branches as getting smaller and smaller intill they are no longer visible, though it does end in the middle which I find interesting. There is a begining point, but no end.

Kinda like all roads lead to Rome.

The Beginning is the end.

Reminds me of the Phi pattern that can be found anywhere in nature etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Kinda like all roads lead to Rome.

Such an analogy may have worked in Roman times. However, today, the United States could be seen as the new Roman Empire. New York is commonly referred to as the new Rome. However, in America, all roads lead to Indiana - notable only as being an agricultural center, an armpit supplier to Detroit, and for the Hillbilly 500.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
lol
its an expression...

Maybe my model should look more like this then.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bc50b4cdc02.jpg[/atsimg]

But where the hell does that get us? We might as well say everythings an illusion and call it a day. And thats not even a picture of the ENTIRE universe as a whole, meaning one single thing.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well, the universe is doughnut shaped so you're probably on the right track

www.cosmosmagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think Im on to something here because when I first saw that image, like I said, it sort of stood out like Ive almost seen it before.

Of course its most likely not an exact dipiction of the actual universe, but I think it may be an image which represents something similar. Maybe just this dimension.
But what else should we be concerned with?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Your illustration is a great visual metaphor for how one can perceive the universe or collective conscience. The use of a central core that branches out in infinitely makes sense. It shows connectivity.

Nicely done.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You are pretty close.

I think it would look more like this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also if you draw lines connecting together the outer most parts of the mandelbrot set you would end up with the tree of life.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I reminds me of the Nordic symbol call the helm of awe. It is used for protection.

Peace Trustnobody

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Good thread and I agree with everything you said, but the thing is I dont believe anyone at this point could possibly know exactly what the universe looks like or if it ends or not. Maybe its whatever we believe it to be.

This is really just an interpretation and I cant dissagree with yours. Both imply the same thing, that we are in essence the sourse itself. The very deepest core of our being is God.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well let me tell you a few things I discovered in my research.

Then Mandelbrot Set is based on The Divine Ratio, it is infinite. All things in nature are stemmed from this very intelligent design.

Space time is a fabric that holds the universe together and a black hole or wormhole connects two points together. If you are on a mac you can go to one of the last pages of that thread to download some fractal software that will let you scan into the image and explore the mandelbrot set, if you are on a PC there is a link to software burtied somewhere probably on page 5 or 6.

When you are looking at the software you may notice spheres in the set in which seems to be infinite and this space time I was talking about seems to conform and bend around it.

Also look at the top of the mandelbrot set and compare it to a pine tree or any tree for that matter. It looks quite the same doesn't it?

Now take a close look in the morror at your pupils? You should notice that the lines around your retina make the same shape. Just a few of the discoveries I have made.

Heres a few more. If you got any photo editing software, take a screenshot and compare it to the map of human chakras, or great pyramid, they all seem to match up.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think it might resemble a decision map more then the universe. Each time you you want to make a decision there is another choice that would branch off. Well that is just my interpitation.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I think if you project that onto a sphere, so that it touches at all ends, it is probably a very close analog

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
in this article;
Introduction to Timelessness

Physicists today are beginning to say openly that time ends in the future with our universe evolving into empty space. Physicist Robert Caldwell describes time ending at "the ultimate singularity" in the famous "Big Rip" scenario. Physicist Sean Carroll has stated "our universe evolves to empty space", as if this is now obvious. In physics empty space is the ultimate ground state of absolute zero, the place where all motion and all change cease. Zero is the true vacuum and perfect symmetry. At zero the universe is stretched perfectly flat and extends infinitely in all directions.

So what is this future zero singularity? In the same way all colors coexist in white light, or just as all positive and negative numbers sum to zero, all universes sum into what we perceive as empty space. Individual universes are like single slices of a pie, together they also form an omnipresent zero that extends infinitely in all directions. The space around us is not full of universes or virtual particles like a glass of water is full of particles, rather particles or universes take away from space. In other words, inverse to what we normally assume, empty space is more full than a dense matter filled space, which is merely a fraction of that fullness. It follows that such fractions and the whole are naturally interdependent, always conserved, and their laws self-contained. As the computational mathematician Russell Standish writes, "something is the inside view of nothing", except if so then of course what we imagine to be nothing is really everything.

With this in mind, if nothing is everything, then everything in the universe may actually be the nothing of singularity, or; the end of time is nothing?

Nice tree picture though.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Very interesting picture. If I were to conjure up a mental image of the universe, I suppose that it would be something similar to your picture. However, given that we don't know where the universe starts and stops, or even if it does, it is hard for me to say definitively if your picture is accurate.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Structural design is the basis of a cell and an atom, and your image surely depicts one built on it. Grab a lump of seaweed, and you'll get the picture.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
Could this possibly be a model of the entire universe?

That might be close, although I'm thinking it looks a little more like a sponge than a tree, with no central point from which everything originates. Time and space being flexible and permeable. And, of course, with multiple unseen and immeasurable dimensions thrown in for good measure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join