It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinity and Super-Consciousness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Hi Avenger, I have recently read some of your other philosophical threads and I must say you are more than meets the eye
The thread titled "We are quantum computers" was quite good and so many concepts we have been talking about all wrapped into one...you should have pointed me there in the first place
The replies also help me make a lot of sense out what you are saying as it gives me a different take on what you are saying. I found this written on another website and thought you would like it:

If philosophy is asking questions about questions, these, then, would be questions about questions about questions...
Though a little rough on the outside you have a very good mind...if you haven't already, take a look at some of my threads located in my signature, particularly Enforced Logic - Reality and "Magic". It's fairly long so don't worry about it if you don't have the time. I've been learning java all day and it's quite late here now so I'll talk more tomorrow when I have some time.
Peace out...CHA0S out.

[edit on 16/4/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Why introduce the idea of TIME when the concepts you describe are clearly TimeLESS?...

'Time' and 'space/time' are contraptions invented to make our dimension easier to understand. However, 'Time' doesn't exist: in reality it's always NOW and there are no Past and no Future...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Solace

That's exactly what I have always thought but couldn't put it into words. Recently though...I'm not so sure if it's really that simple...there seems to be more to time than I first thought...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Solace

Time is the path of levels in the universe from the noting to the nothing kinda thing.

You see, most people tend to use there body "physical form" as the yard stick.. you mind on the other hand is a total different yardstick.. hence the confusion.

If we look at time as a noting "a moment" then yes there is infact no time. but the thought of yesterday and the wonder of tomorrow is what infact time is.

Its very physical to us and its also still.. so its both depdening on what yardstick you want to use in that respect.

---Choas

Thanks for that little quote
and thats why i did my post on we are computers..

If we look at the standard model of a compture its based on logic it does not ask questions it does as its told..

what would you do if infact your computer say no? ; ) well thats whats going to happen when we make quantum computers. they will say Nope i have a better way.

just the way humans do.. once you have the question the possiblity is endless due to the nature of the "function" of a question.

We are small questions "functions" asking a bigger function "the universe" a question

thats how we get infinity!

and thanks for your kind words i spent many days "outside" the class room for asking questions

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Solace

That's exactly what I have always thought but couldn't put it into words. Recently though...I'm not so sure if it's really that simple...there seems to be more to time than I first thought...

Actually, it's that simple...

Once you admit to Infinity, as you have in your original post, it means that there is no Beginning and no End, therefore absolutely no need for the artificial concept of TIME, as you can't dice, slice or partition Infinity...

As a corollary, if there is no Beginning and no End, then the concept of a CREATOR is just as artificial as that of TIME...

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Solace]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Solace

a creator is not a concept its a fact

don't matter if its god don't matter if its the universe "something" did indeed create us.

and create = purpose
there is always a start and an end

starts when you are born ends when you die.. your body will indeed your entire being go back to once it came.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Solace

I'm going to have to agree with most of what you say...I'll have to do some more thinking...time is simple but so complex...hmm...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
a creator is not a concept its a fact
I would have to agree even though most wouldn't...since I think essentially anything is possible...it's not a leap to assume that a creator exist...whether it created us...I don't know...but even we are creators...so that automatically makes it fact...you didn't specify what they create...even though I do think that one day humans will create life...or AI as some may call it...

and create = purpose
there is always a start and an end
I don't believe that to be true...some things have no end nor a start....does that mean they never existed? It can mean that...or it can mean they always did exist...I actually think time never did exist...and still doesn't...think about it...

I think the opposite goes for existence...was there ever a first big bang? A start to existence...I don't think so...but does that mean we never existed...and don't right now...no...it means big bangs have always happened...and life always will...some where...some how...

[edit on 18/4/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

What i am saying is that a paining was a tree. what created the tree? "the planet" what created the planet? the universe!

and look at picture that i created to please my eye

so i would create as more of a coming together of things, so if something created us it was by a way of method.

that is how i look at it

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

What i am saying is that a paining was a tree. what created the tree? "the planet" what created the planet? the universe!
What created the universe? and what created what ever created the universe...and what created what ever created that...and so on...

so i would create as more of a coming together of things, so if something created us it was by a way of method.
Could it be that evolution and survival of the fittest created us by a way of method?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Yeah, you've hit the nail, if not on the head, then close enough to pound it home.

I don't want to reiterate what you've already said. We are all part of a greater consciousness, something that spans all of creation. I once read in a book called The Book (by Alan Watts? I think), "How do you measure the center of everywhere? Anywhere could be the center of everywhere." If the universe is never ending (by definition, the universe contains everything and is never ending) then theoretically everywhere and anywhere is the center and hence all places are the same, all space is one space, the center. Ok, that being said, where does God/super consciousness fit in? Well, if all space is one, then take the space inside you where your consciousness dwells. That seat of consciousness is the same as all spaces, which means that your consciousness is what permiates all of creation. Now comes the big leap of faith. forget about your conscious and imagine that this consciousness the permiates all space is God consciousness or the Super consciousness. I mean its all the smae consciousness so who cares? It is only a man's limited ego that makes him say it's MY consciousness, (or to say that I have become God).

As you say it's all theoretical and abstact and hard to prove.

Let me ask you do you do Yoga or meditation?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
To put my 2 cents worth here in a very lay unscientific person's concept.

What if our whole universe is equivalent to just one single cell among the billions of cell that make up an entity's body. In turn, this entity is living in an environment with other entities and view their world existing in a universe like what we are experiencing. Only this universe is but a single cell in yet another entity's body. And so on.

This way, the idea of a creator becomes obsolete.

This is also my version of infinity.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Conscience
To put my 2 cents worth here in a very lay unscientific person's concept.

What if our whole universe is equivalent to just one single cell among the billions of cell that make up an entity's body. In turn, this entity is living in an environment with other entities and view their world existing in a universe like what we are experiencing. Only this universe is but a single cell in yet another entity's body. And so on.

This way, the idea of a creator becomes obsolete.

This is also my version of infinity.

This could be the case. However this supposes that there is duality. the way I see it there is only One thing out there, or rather that there aren't two things(or many things). There is the one space which contains all spaces. Kind of hard to say in words, it is an intuitive perception, beyond words or thoughts.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Most Infamous

No...I have tried meditation once or twice but never continued (not that I didn't find it useful)...I don't do yoga either...all I do is think about things...

Originally posted by A Conscience
That's essentially the exact concept I was trying to get across...and that it goes the other way as well...meaning one cell in my body is a universe...obviously it would be more like one quark or something much, much smaller...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Most Infamous
"How do you measure the center of everywhere? Anywhere could be the center of everywhere." If the universe is never ending (by definition, the universe contains everything and is never ending) then theoretically everywhere and anywhere is the center and hence all places are the same, all space is one space, the center. Ok, that being said, where does God/super consciousness fit in? Well, if all space is one, then take the space inside you where your consciousness dwells. That seat of consciousness is the same as all spaces, which means that your consciousness is what permiates all of creation. Now comes the big leap of faith. forget about your conscious and imagine that this consciousness the permiates all space is God consciousness or the Super consciousness. I mean its all the smae consciousness so who cares? It is only a man's limited ego that makes him say it's MY consciousness, (or to say that I have become God).
That's a fairly abstract concept...I basically assumed that we would be separate from the super-consciousness...like we have our own independent minds...but we are still a part of this consciousness...all of our minds...and every mind in the universe or in existence act as one when put together and viewed with a wider scope...just like the subconscious and conscious mind seem to be separate entities with minds of their own...we are all sub-consciousnesses in the mind of a super consciousness...I'm still having a hard time grasping what you are inferring...is it something along those lines?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Remember our question? and how that makes infinity if we do not ask?

you see we do not need to ask just understand the way it works.. we can observe it but trying to find out the answer will in fact destroy the very universe we inhabit..

think of ants in an ant jar do they as why are they in the jar? "nope" they make a home and survie

we strive in life for the question when the question is not the answer we seek in life.. in fact its the reason "or many" that life sucks..

creation can happen natural and it did as a way of method, trying to ask about the method is the major problem here on earth..

be happy you are here to ask.. but do not question why.. that is not mine or your job or question./

Our question is how do we keep asking? or do you want to end up like TREX

i know i don't

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Solace

I'm going to have to agree with most of what you say...I'll have to do some more thinking...time is simple but so complex...hmm...

Once existing in a higher density/realm than this limited one we currently experience, one can travel anywhere and exist in a number of different places spread out throughout Infinity, all at the same time...

How does Infinity look like?...

sharelife.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

You should check out the thread "Is conscious reality the real conspiracy" by Alien Chaser. There are some pretty good input about the nature of the universe/reality. I think it might clear up some of the confusy)ion (if indeed there is any).

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

That's a fairly abstract concept...I basically assumed that we would be separate from the super-consciousness...like we have our own independent minds...but we are still a part of this consciousness...all of our minds...and every mind in the universe or in existence act as one when put together and viewed with a wider scope...just like the subconscious and conscious mind seem to be separate entities with minds of their own...we are all sub-consciousnesses in the mind of a super consciousness...I'm still having a hard time grasping what you are inferring...is it something along those lines?

What can I say, we are talking about abstract concepts such as Infinity and Consciousness (Super or otherwise), concepts which can't be objectively quantified. It is very hard to understand, especially through words. These are concepts that are understood intuitively. They are beyond physical and mental forms of understanding.

BTW, the thread i mentioned earlier was Is Knowledge of Conscious Reality the Real Conspiracy by Alien Chaser. Watch the YouTube link, very interesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Most Infamous

I will certainly have a look at the thread and the video it sounds very interesting

[edit on 19/4/09 by CHA0S]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join