It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapped Captain by pirates... take him back already!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Non Lethal weapons? Im sorry, the rest of the world can go about paying ransoms if they want, but i say to hell with that. Let them know that any time they try and take American Hostages or American ships, there wont be any ransom money, only bullets, blood and dead pirates in deep water.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it should be, I spent 4 years in the Marines and its my belief that you protect your country and its people like you protect your family, and I can tell you right now, there would be no person to come into my home and threaten to kill one of my family members without answering to my hand.

Everyone should feel that way about their family and everyone should feel that way about their country, no quarter.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Non lethel weapons are lethel in reality.

I think you have not looked into the non lethel weapons thing have you. American have plenty of those weapons,a dn you cannot tell me special forces do not have access to all types of weapons.

when they use non lethel weapons, does not mean they are non lethel, it is all stats

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
way to go SEALS! thread was posted within a day and the next day they take care of business!!!
i would have still suggested the brake window throw tear gas, smoke flash and clear out, but i suppose this works also. Luckely the captain jumped out and had some time for seals mop the floor

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by elitegamer23

I do not understand why they messed around with them, the americans are the biggest criminals in the world, and you do not mess with them. Those pirates where so stupid to even think that they would get away with this.

I wonder if non lethel weapons where used on the pirates.

i am an american , are you saying im a criminal.

sorry andy its just not 'cool' anymore to hate america. after you label americans criminals, i dont even know why i would want to reply to you.

i guess you would have been happier if the AMERICAN captain was murdered instead of being given the chance to go home to his family.
he is a criminal in your head isnt he?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Besides that if we are such the huge criminals, isnt it the UK that they are accusing of dumping pollution into their waters? I mean come on man this hate has got to stop, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by andy1033

Non Lethal weapons? Im sorry, the rest of the world can go about paying ransoms if they want, but i say to hell with that. Let them know that any time they try and take American Hostages or American ships, there wont be any ransom money, only bullets, blood and dead pirates in deep water.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it should be, I spent 4 years in the Marines and its my belief that you protect your country and its people like you protect your family, and I can tell you right now, there would be no person to come into my home and threaten to kill one of my family members without answering to my hand.

Everyone should feel that way about their family and everyone should feel that way about their country, no quarter.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

And that's why military leaders shouldn't be political leaders. Good policies are made with bottom-lines, and the bottom-line here is what's the safest for the sailors and what's most profitable for the companies. Escalating this situation may very well lead to more American deaths and enormously more economic losses for the companies. Next time they hijack an American ship, there may not be an USN ship and a squad of SEALs around. What will we do then?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by waynedg
my brother works for the company whos ship it is and he told me its a fishy story that those aboard took back the ship from the pirates as they are not allowed weapons aboard.

so could the problem be that those aboard were not suppossed to be there i.e navy seals, so therefore cannot show themselves to be trying to frre the captain from the life raft.?

what happens if the life raft is not in international water therefore the american warships cannot approach without making it an act of aggression.

i fail to understand why ships, tugs and yachts still use that route and allow themselves to be captured.

If your brother truly works for it then he would know that, that very captain has made his crew undergo numerous drills for things like this. So the crew was prepared and knew exactly what to do if they were attacked.

As far as the OP. The pirates said they would kill the captain if the US tried to rescue him. The US' goal is to bring that captain home alive; therefore they have to plan accordingly.

if you want i can send you his telephone number and for your information the crew are NOT allowed any weapons aboard except flareguns so please explain to me how a crew can overpower armed men?

they all must be steven seagal clones hey?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by waynedg

Yeah, you're right. All those stories that have EVER come out of unarmed people overcoming armed people are pure BS.

They overcame them by using their brains and what they had available to them. All they had to do was overcome ONE pirate and they were armed. In fact, had you bothered to READ any of their stories, you would KNOW that they captured ONE pirate, and the others went into the lifeboat.

I guess using your logic if I pick up a gun the only person that could overpower me is a SEAL or other SOF person. Well hell, I guess we have a lot of them running around with all the stories of gunman being overpowered.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by waynedg

Yeah, you're right. All those stories that have EVER come out of unarmed people overcoming armed people are pure BS.

They overcame them by using their brains and what they had available to them. All they had to do was overcome ONE pirate and they were armed. In fact, had you bothered to READ any of their stories, you would KNOW that they captured ONE pirate, and the others went into the lifeboat.

I guess using your logic if I pick up a gun the only person that could overpower me is a SEAL or other SOF person. Well hell, I guess we have a lot of them running around with all the stories of gunman being overpowered.

hmm why not just say they were ex special forces or marines and navy seals because with the captain being ex military it would sound more plausible.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join