It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapped Captain by pirates... take him back already!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Im just wondering why the US cant just take the captain back? I scanned through the story and talked about it with my fiance and even she was able to come up with good plans on how to take the captain back.

Supposedly the pirate boat with the captain ran out of gas and floating around? US Navy ships are in the area... and friends of the pirates want to come help their floating pirates but are scared of hte navy ships... yet the pirates say they are not scared of the navy blah blah and they will fight this and that...

ok great, well last time i checked they still have navy seals, and SEALS are made for these type situations, the solution is simple ( in my head) You get a few seals in the water and use their under water machines to get them to the area of where the boat is at night, you then throw some tear gas or other smoke junk and some flash bangs on the boat, climb up and tazer their A%$

this way nobody is killed and everyone is happy. why do they make it sound so seriously hard and borring?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

Why not zap everyone onboard, including the captain, capsize the boat, and rescue the captain first? Seals should have SCUBA equipment, and could get the pirates under the water, where their guns would be useless, and detain them.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
hey ...its a good diversion from the LOOTING of the taxpayers... they want it to stretch till Monday .... so bright and early we can get updates...

get ready for 24/7 interviews with the Cap'n for about two weeks on FOX..

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I was wondering why they didn't bring in a SEAL team, myself. Dive deep, come up under the lifeboat, which I assume is made of rubber or vinyl, puncture it in several places, then surface, rescue the captain, and arrest or kill the pirates. I know this is simple, and would require much more planning, but you are right. This is a SEAL mission, and we can put enough of them in the water to take care of situation.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
They're in an enclosed hard hulled lifeboat, designed with communications equipment, and food for 10 days. How do you plan to get them all?

That's about what the lifeboat they're in looks like.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
In the future, any US flagged ship ought to have US Marines on board. I don't think there's a Marine on this planet or the next that wouldn't give their eye teeth to man the rails and prepare to repel boarders.

Man, this crap is in their genetic code.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
its a simple hostage situation. and navy seals aren't perfect. they make a mistake and the captain is dead.

instead, since the pirates have limited food and water, it makes much more sense to wait them out.

when they are really desperate, make a trade. The captain for water, or food.

everybody wins. (unless you're bored)

[edit on 11-4-2009 by KotovSyndrome]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that image of the lifeboat... I didn't know they looked like that. I had something else envisioned. Waiting them out, now, seems like the smartest option, even if it distracts us from the real news that they're not telling us, anyway.

o.315

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
that boat image is even easier to work with, much easier to stealth up to it, quickly break one of the windows, throw in tear gas, smokes flash, whatever works and other seals move in.

waiting till they beg for food is a bad idea because the captain will die from not having any food first...

i do think they are using this situation to distract us people from bigger things indeed...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
my brother works for the company whos ship it is and he told me its a fishy story that those aboard took back the ship from the pirates as they are not allowed weapons aboard.

so could the problem be that those aboard were not suppossed to be there i.e navy seals, so therefore cannot show themselves to be trying to frre the captain from the life raft.?

what happens if the life raft is not in international water therefore the american warships cannot approach without making it an act of aggression.

i fail to understand why ships, tugs and yachts still use that route and allow themselves to be captured.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I wonder the same thing why can't the military operations take the captain back. All they have to do is send a couple SEALS underwater and swim up by the boat and pick the pirates off with their water proof assault weapons. Its that easy.. I am afraid the only delay is politics and agendas . If certain people play this out and play the game, many opportunities might be available with propaganda in the long run.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Faux News is reporting that the Captain has been rescued.
Apparently he jumped overboard again and the Navy moved in with small boats, picked him up, killed three of the four pirates and captured the survivor.

It says i need 27 more characters....
So here they are and then some.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by organism315

Why not zap everyone onboard, including the captain, capsize the boat, and rescue the captain first? Seals should have SCUBA equipment, and could get the pirates under the water, where their guns would be useless, and detain them.

I never understand, why the americans do not use non lethel weapons on them, put them asleep,a nd take the captain back.

Why do they hide the techs they have in these situations.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynedg
my brother works for the company whos ship it is and he told me its a fishy story that those aboard took back the ship from the pirates as they are not allowed weapons aboard.

so could the problem be that those aboard were not suppossed to be there i.e navy seals, so therefore cannot show themselves to be trying to frre the captain from the life raft.?

what happens if the life raft is not in international water therefore the american warships cannot approach without making it an act of aggression.

i fail to understand why ships, tugs and yachts still use that route and allow themselves to be captured.

If your brother truly works for it then he would know that, that very captain has made his crew undergo numerous drills for things like this. So the crew was prepared and knew exactly what to do if they were attacked.

As far as the OP. The pirates said they would kill the captain if the US tried to rescue him. The US' goal is to bring that captain home alive; therefore they have to plan accordingly.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
mission accomplished.
the us navy has rescued the captain and killed 3 of the 4 pirates.
patience is a virtue and this is the best outcome possible. unless you are a somali pirate of course.

well done to the us navy and special forces who freed the man on easter sunday.

i must also say well done to the captain. he couragously jumped off the boat a second time opening the door for such a rescue.

with all the bad news we see and hear, its nice to see a happy ending.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Interesting to note though that a similar situation just went down with a french yacht and during the firefight the french captain was killed, its still unclear as to who owned the bullet but i would suspect that just going in all guns a blazing could be worse for the hostages.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

I do not understand why they messed around with them, the americans are the biggest criminals in the world, and you do not mess with them. Those pirates where so stupid to even think that they would get away with this.

I wonder if non lethel weapons where used on the pirates.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

criminals in the world,

Jesus H. Christ, can't you just say well done,

Or be happy for the guy!?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm wondering have these pirates ever actually killed a hostage?

[edit on 12-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It seems they have at least killed one Yemini, so there maybe more.
And maybe that French guy

www.antara.co.id...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join