It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Atheists care about religion?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Is that why it's replete with errors and contradictions? Gospels that paint conflicting scenarios?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Or did you for once think that maybe the book was written erroneously with different words replacing others but conveying the same message on purpose?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

Or did you for once think that maybe the book was written erroneously with different words replacing others but conveying the same message on purpose?

How could the "Word of God" be anything other than perfect? Unless, of course, it's not the "Word of God", but the word of men. In which case, why would those men think they have written the word of god when it's really their own words.

See the problem? Your book was written by men, not God. And those men were just men, semi-literate, superstitious and one step above barbarism.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Indeed. And to automatically assume that the bible, or any other holy book, is 100% representative of God is foolish.

Anytime you take an alleged statement of God from the bible and say that it is the fact of what happened, you are confusing the bible and God, making them of the same authority.

The fact remains that the book is seriously flawed whether it be a transcription error, or an original mistake of the author, it's not 100% representative of God because it cannot be if it is both flawed and authored by man.

Should you not ask yourself, 'what about all of the other gospels that weren't chosen to be part of the cannon?'. The book was written by many over a large amount of time along side uncountable other gospels, some of which were also written about jesus, but they weren't chosen (by man) to be part of the cannon.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

1) Why should anyone decide what goes in the book and doesn't?

2) the key there is canonical.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
watchtheashes

I think you might find this video interesting, it's about the UN doing what you said.

www.youtube.com...

Regardless of your belief structure this is the trigger that tells us we FINALLY hit the wall on the end days prophesy.

When this happens the atheists will most likely be all jumping with joy.
But those in the know won't be doing that, they will be saying "Oh ****!"

News Flash to all you atheists, you think you will be immune to the upcoming "Great Tribulation", non-belief doesn't qualify you for immunity from super difficult times, you will be in it just like those that believe in God.

But with one big difference, you'll have no faith that helps you get through it.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I was referring to the encoded perfect word of God. You can bet when it says "this person begat this person, who then begat this person..." is encoded rather than there for the sake of being part of the message. Its there to lay down genealogies and then also because if it wasn't there, it wouldn't be complete and the encoding would be ruined.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Don't be so mean like that! "Anyone who has an ear let him hear."

Thanks for the link though I'm about to check out what it is about.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sorry I don’t know what you are saying here?

But in regards to my previous post

At the time the bible was created the Romans (the new world order of their day) had a problem, the Jews where scattered throughout the empire because they had just been kicked out of Palestine. The Jews considered themselves to be gods chosen people so how had the Romans defeated them twice – the answer some of them came up with was the messiah had come and the Jews hadn’t recognised him and so god was p.o. with them (again)

The Romans had there own beliefs but an important deity was a sun god called Mithra

So the seeing an opportunity the Romans renamed Mithra to Jesus (a common Jewish name) and used that myth of tell the story of what the Jews had missed. Bingo one new religion to create social cohesion in the Roman Empire.

Still don’t believe me? so

Why is the god of the Old Testament so different to the god of the New Testament?

And why did it take the Roman Catholic Church 1000 yeas (a period we now call the dark ages) to impose the new religion on Europe?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I was referring to the encoded perfect word of God. You can bet when it says "this person begat this person, who then begat this person..." is encoded rather than there for the sake of being part of the message. Its there to lay down genealogies and then also because if it wasn't there, it wouldn't be complete and the encoding would be ruined.

Why should I believe that? The Matrix you talk of has been debunked, so it's just one case of somebody believing something that isn't true.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

1) Why should anyone decide what goes in the book and doesn't?

When you have a bunch of authors, strewn out over a 1000 years and a bunch of people compiling a holy book, decisions have to be made.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

News Flash to all you atheists, you think you will be immune to the upcoming "Great Tribulation", non-belief doesn't qualify you for immunity from super difficult times, you will be in it just like those that believe in God.

Pfff. That isn't news, that's olds. Actually it's just plain rhetoric.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

No it has not been debunked at all. The example I provided was the skeptic's best attempt to debunk the codes. Compared to a real one. Pathetic single words and stuff even from the Bible are statistically irrelevant. This newest controlled experiment was conducted to prove that.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I totally understand where you're coming from. The statistical proof of the codes saying that it is all true is my proof, which as far as I know only the skepticism has been debunked. You don't have to believe God encoded the Bible, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I'm sorry if that's not proof enough. What kind of proof would you like to see besides Jesus actually coming down from the clouds?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

That's a great example of something I could have used in my thread on Conspiracy within Conspiracy. The UN is indeed evil. Global governance follows aliens trying to say we can become friends in the Galactic Community. Especially when those Nephilim work for Satanic goals. That would be perfect. That is why I believe Maitreya will come down in a UFO or with many of them, and deceive everyone. Especially when the Nephilim were the fallen sons of God.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

No it has not been debunked at all. The example I provided was the skeptic's best attempt to debunk the codes. Compared to a real one. Pathetic single words and stuff even from the Bible are statistically irrelevant. This newest controlled experiment was conducted to prove that.

The best attempt you've been willing to accept, anyway. And a single experiment doesn't prove anything. The nonsense of "secret codes embedded" in everything from the BuyBull to Mother Goose is cute, but no longer funny.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

THE HIGHLY CONTROLLED EXPERIMENT THAT USES LOGISTICAL STATISTICAL DATA TO DEBUNK THE THEORY THAT RELEVANT CODES CAN BE FOUND IN ANY BOOK USING NON-BIBLICAL TEXTS AS A CONTROL proved that wrong.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It would have been nice if Jesus was an original figure in history instead of someone who, outside of the bible, has no evidence of existence anywhere that isn't hearsay. It would have been nice if his exact same motif wasn't used and reused time and again in religions prior to his alleged life.

It would be nice if the bible didn't condone slavery and violence, sexism, homophobia and racism. It would be nice if it made reasonable sense and followed the history books and not been a complete fantasy. It would be nice if it didn't contradict itself.

The bible being written by so many authors over such a long period of time, the authors philosophy doesn't always agree. When you go to compile these works into one volume they tend to conflict.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

THE HIGHLY CONTROLLED EXPERIMENT THAT USES LOGISTICAL STATISTICAL DATA TO DEBUNK THE THEORY THAT RELEVANT CODES CAN BE FOUND IN ANY BOOK USING NON-BIBLICAL TEXTS AS A CONTROL proved that wrong.

If that's what you want to believe, fine. I doubt.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It doesn't contradict itself in any way that I know. If it seems that way simply refer to another scripture with the same symbols or meaning to clarify and don't interpret. Any contradictions are probably a minute translation error. History books agree in exact order with the events of the Bible. What's not cool is that history books are edited and manipulated to convey the wrong truths in schools. I'm not even referring to anything religious here. Ask any historian if a history book is reliable. It might be reliable to a point but then comes censorship and the Illuminati or just the author's bias. I admit to having a Biblical bias. I also hear other people's ideas. I'm just trying to say that there is a wonderful thing about the world in which we live which 99% of the people on it miss out on.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join