Why do Atheists care about religion?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would also like to make a point that the ORIGINAL 1611 King James version says:

Revelation Chapter 13 Verse 16

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark IN their right hand, or IN their foreheads."

The only time it says on is here and it's UPON:

Revelation 20:4

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark UPON their foreheads, or IN their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

That statement also corroborates with the guillotine thing...hmmm? Unless the NWO is deliberately trying to fulfill Bible prophecies to a tee? I highly doubt it though.

EDIT: I would just like to say that I mean no offense to anyone on this thread if I may sound a bit forceful, it is because I feel strongly on the subject. I apologize deeply to all of you guys for that. I just feel I must defend my beliefs since they are attacked constantly by everyone around me.

Anyone who tells you they changed on to in in newer Bibles is saying the opposite. I'm pretty sure it says IN. Also John's version in Greek use "epi" meaning IN not ON.

Revelation 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand...

It's IN and not ON. Therefore it's got to be the RFID tag.

www.featherlessbiped.com...

[edit on 6-5-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cathedral
To all those Christians worrying about micro-chip implants from the new world order

Hypnotist office:
Close your eyes, relax and listen to the sound of my voice.

Church:
bow your head Close your eyes – let us pray

Functionally the same thing

And if there is such a thing as a mind control chip you know it would be used on the free thinkers/atheist ect, to much cheering from the Christians.

1. Whoa... slight anti-Christian bias there mate?

2. Are you suggesting that hypnosis serves the same function as prayer? That's preposterous. Please demonstrate your hypothesis with as little further silliness as possible.

3. To suggest that Christians would welcome chipping the heads of atheists and "free thinkers" detracts from the already-miniscule credibility you have earned from your comments.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

I’m amused that you think I have less credibility than someone who believes some fairy story about talking snakes and zombie Jews

Yes closing your eyes and relaxing, ether in church or the hypnotist office will put you into a suggestive state, that’s why if I’m ever forced to go to church I like to keep my eye on that bugger who stands at the front talking.

Ok so I was messing around about the whole mind control chip thing but you will probably agree that there’s not much point in chipping a Christians mind due to the lack of activity.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cathedral

I love it when someone's answer to someone not agreeing with them is "cause they aint thinking".
Such a lovely copout.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cathedral
I’m amused that you think I have less credibility than someone who believes some fairy story about talking snakes and zombie Jews

Oh, I didn't go quite that far...

Originally posted by cathedralYes closing your eyes and relaxing, ether in church or the hypnotist office will put you into a suggestive state, that’s why if I’m ever forced to go to church I like to keep my eye on that bugger who stands at the front talking.

Closing one's eyes removes distraction and allows one to focus/concentrate. I think it's pretty clear that this is the purpose of closing one's eyes during prayer... (unless you believe it to be some vast global religious conspiracy geared towards mass-hypnosis, and spanning hundreds of years, of course...)

Originally posted by cathedralOk so I was messing around about the whole mind control chip thing but you will probably agree that there’s not much point in chipping a Christians mind due to the lack of activity.

Wow... again with the ad-hominem against Christians. You paint with a very broad brush, dude, but far be it from me to suggest that you aren't as clever and superior in your own beliefs as you so obviously think you are. So, carry on. Your ideas about hypnosis and prayer should certainly appeal to the tinfoil-hat-reptilian-overlord brigade.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Originally posted by Electricneo
reply to post by Gawdzilla

If the woman in the flood recited poetry or sang she would have drowned too.

Very true, because reciting poetry or singing would be every bit as effective as praying.

However, you don't know the story I'm talking about, so your comments on it are a bit silly.

Here's the story I refer to:

A woman is sitting on the roof of her house during a major flood. A boat comes along and the crew urges her to get in. "No thank you, Jesus will provide!" They leave. Two more boats try to rescue the woman. Same response. Eventually the flood waters cover the house and the woman drowns. When she arrives in heaven she immediately goes up to Jesus and says, "Why didn't you provide!" He looks at her and says, "What do you mean? I sent three boats!"

The point? Praying for "God" to provide while ignoring the obvious "mundane" solutions just might get you killed. Or worse.

That's exactly the story I had in mind.
I've heard it many times. Many people have.
In the updated version I heard God even sends a helicopter.
Therefore my points are still pertinent and on target.

My point being it's a lame, misuse of prayer by a retarded woman.
It merely shows a person who knows not the purpose of prayer.
Therefore it is a weak-minded attempt to diminish prayer.

Some people like to recite poetry-
Some people love the abstractions of music.
Some people like to recite petitionary prayers.
some people like to recite prayers for inner peace.
some people like to meditate for inner peace.
Some people are clueless as to the skillful means available to maintain
a relaxed, inner peace.
These people get upset over trivia, and call themselves atheists.
I have never met an atheist who can maintain inner calm like various
Buddhist monks I've met.
Atheists do not understand or know how to work with their minds.
They destroy themselves in poisonous anger and lack clarity about
the human mind.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Electricneo

"Atheists do not understand or know how to work with their minds.
the human mind"

Atheists are the ones who are doing the thinking in this situation. Religion requires people to stop thinking and blindly accept the dogma of "faith". You know that, this is why you try to deflect and reflect, a very weak tactic if you haven't noticed. Religion is a drug and if you think it gives clarity of mind you need an intervention.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

*rolls his eyes* Atheists are the mirror image of theists. Not anything special, certainly not anything new and certainly not unfettered free thinkers, just thinkers of another paradigm. One group is a fan club for the answer yes to a certain question and the other is a fan club for the answer no to a certain question. IMHO fan clubs are best kept away from, it hampers one's ability to maintain objectivity.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

*rolls his eyes* Atheists are the mirror image of theists. Not anything special, certainly not anything new and certainly not unfettered free thinkers, just thinkers of another paradigm. One group is a fan club for the answer yes to a certain question and the other is a fan club for the answer no to a certain question. IMHO fan clubs are best kept away from, it hampers one's ability to maintain objectivity.

You need to have your mirror repaired. It's malfunctioning. Atheist, one without theism. Theism, one without free will. Got the difference now?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Too bad that's not the dictionary terms and your personal terms are not universal there Gawdzilla. Funny that you would think they were. And you even added a silly over used ad hom attack against your rivals how original.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
And yet again I will post the true definition for the terms for you Gawdzilla. Not that a expect a zealot to take notice but I like to say I tried.

Main Entry: the·ism
Pronunciation: \ˈthē-ˌi-zəm\
Function: noun
Date: 1678
: belief in the existence of a god or gods ; specifically : belief in the existence of one God viewed as the creative source of the human race and the world who transcends yet is immanent in the world
— the·ist \-ist\ noun or adjective
— the·is·tic \thē-ˈis-tik\ also the·is·ti·cal \-ti-kəl\ adjective
— the·is·ti·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

SOURCE:www.merriam-webster.com...

Main Entry: athe·ism
Pronunciation: \ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French athéisme, from athée atheist, from Greek atheos godless, from a- + theos god
Date: 1546
1archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
2 a: a disbelief in the existence of deity b: the doctrine that there is no deity

SOURCE:www.merriam-webster.com...

Isn't funny how zealots tend to hurt their cause more than they ever help it?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Oh. I am a zealot now am I? What are my beliefs, praytell, stranger? Please tell me. Considering my statements have and always will be placed firmly in the middleground as that is where I roost. I don't know which side is right but I do know both sides need to come off themselves.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

You're zealous about trolling, for one. You make random statement sand prolix arguments well mixed with ad homs.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Examples please?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

"Atheists do not understand or know how to work with their minds.
the human mind"

Atheists are the ones who are doing the thinking in this situation. Religion requires people to stop thinking and blindly accept the dogma of "faith". You know that, this is why you try to deflect and reflect, a very weak tactic if you haven't noticed. Religion is a drug and if you think it gives clarity of mind you need an intervention.

You make the naive assertion you know all religions, when clearly you don't.
You are like the narrow-minded person who goes to a John Tesh concert
and because he sucked you say all music is bad.
Not only do you not know religions such as Buddhism, you don't know the nature
of the mind. You are clueless as to the received conditioned concepts you spout
without ever having the intelligent curiosity to study the major religions of the
world.

Einstein-voted the greatest thinker of the 21st century-said about Buddhism that,
"Buddhism is the religion of the 21st century".
Einstein was a greater thinker than any atheist -especially the ones who lack the curiosity
to go into depth on the subject and explore it honestly and openly.

Buddha dealt directly with the mind and was against blind faith.
Buddha urged everyone to test his words "as if you are testing gold."

Scientists on the front lines of research have shown that meditation improves clarity.
There's plenty of research on this for the open-minded It's a fact.
(*By the way, last week, MIT named a building after the Dalai Lama).

It's the narrow-minded, who lack the open-minded intelligence to explore who need
an intervention. Narrow-mindedness and a lack of curiosity is one of the worst diseases
of the mind. It causes ossification of concepts to solidify resulting in lower levels of thought
-a major cause of modern day depression. Whereas open-minded curiosity results in joy.
Buddha has taught this and that hatred and fear results in depression. I've tested this like
gold and from my experience Buddha is 100 per cent correct. Therefore I maintain an
open-minded curiosity about the great wonders of the world-including the spiritual.
And I leave hate, fear, bigotry and jealousy to those with heads full of solid concrete
who have turned off their curiosity and seek cheap consolations in lousy pun names.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

"You make the naive assertion you know all religions, when clearly you don't.
You are like the narrow-minded person who goes to a John Tesh concert
and because he sucked you say all music is bad. "

You have no idea how much I know about religions. You are making the assumptions here. That's a fail for you.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Actually, no he isn't. He is providing his analysis based on observation of your statements and the validity of those statements. An analysis that is commonly shared. You call all religions a drug for all unthinking people, yet one he mentioned Budhism has a belief that one must question all things, including what it's chief prophet said, which is what, thinking. And had you known that you would not have made the statements you have.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo
I have never met an atheist who can maintain inner calm like various
Buddhist monks I've met

I guess you got lucky today

There is first time for everything, isn't it ?

Funny, for 17 years I been in USA I met only few Atheists myself, where did you find yours ??

But, sure, go ahead, cram all of them in the same basket, if it makes you feel better about your own philosophy or belief (why I'm not surprised here, lol?)...

Here is the fun fact for ya about inner calm (silence): NO path (like Buddhism, for example) is necessary to stop the world

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

Easy claim to make. Impossible to prove.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join