It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan college on lockdown - gunman reported

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If no one had guns including police there would be less deaths all round, wouldn't there.

Its amazing how usa is only allowed to have these things, while every else around the world cannot.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Excuse me, are you implying that these shootings are not happening??? I assume you're not, because that would obviously be ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Teenagers with guns?

Most everyone I know has had a gun since they were 10.

I guess if you were to put a gun in the hand of some urban idiot then I'd agree with you.

The simple way to counter:

Teenagers with guns?
is with education. For both the gun-ignorant urbanites and you.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Great, another idiot with a gun. Even though California has probably the toughest gun control laws there is still people who don't look fit to handle a weapon and they're buying them all the time, well, one handgun at a time because of the background checks. I was in my local pistol club the other day and some of the customers inside scared the # out of me. Even the clerk behind the counter made me uneasy.

Anyways, I do disagree with Godfather. Just because there is a small group of nut cases that doesn't mean somebody with good intentions and who knows how to handle a weapon correctly isn't there. I firmly believe there is always a person like this. Truthfully, I hate guns as well but that doesn't mean I'm willing to infringe another persons right to own a handgun or rifle.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by studentofcrim25]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Criminals will always have possession of guns even in a country that has strict laws against guns.

Criminals do not think like you and I and couldn't care less about the laws of the land, jail, punishment or consequences.

In an Ideal world no one would have guns, but this is the reality we live in.

It's funny how people hate or fear guns, or something they understand that kills, but if you look at how many people are killed today from alcohol, prescription drugs, illegal drugs, incompetent doctors they hardly flinch.

Strange.

Originally posted by andy1033
If no one had guns including police there would be less deaths all round, wouldn't there.

Its amazing how usa is only allowed to have these things, while every else around the world cannot.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
But but but but... a shooting is impossible in a gun-free zone! The media told me so! I mean, it's illegal to have a gun there!

I mean, yesterday a shooting in California, today another shooting... Me thinks those shooting happen all the time, it's just that now it's being reported a lot to pass anti-gun legislation.

But don't be shocked that: recession/depression = more crime, more suicides, more shootings.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

2 dead after murder-suicide at Henry Ford Community College
Friday, April 10, 2009

Dearborn -- A man and woman were found dead in a classroom building in a murder-suicide today on the campus of Henry Ford Community College, police said.

After 12:30, police responded to a call at the fine arts building, said Gregg Brighton, Dearborn deputy police chief. The original call was some type of assault with shots fired. The entry team entered a south hallway and heard another gunshot, Brighton said. Officers entered a room and discovered the two bodies.

Police have not yet identified the bodies. The man was the aggressor and came into the room with a shotgun, police said.

Source : Detroit News

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Canadians have guns, the Swiss have guns, the Germans have guns, the Finn's and Israelis.

I know, I know, the Canadians and Finn's cant lawfully carry like we can but in case you didnt notice neither can the tard who blew his brains out with the shotgun but "OMG" he did anyway.

The Czechs can carry too.

What really gets me is the Germans carry and the Czechs carry and the Swiss are required by law to keep select-fire assault rifles in their homes at all time and shooting is one of the nations most popular sports and much of the U.S. has identical laws regarding licenses for carrying and storage yet it's always bash the U.S., they're gun nuts, and all this garbage. Seems to me at least half of you career "U.S. =gun-toting rednecks" posters have absolutely no idea what you're even complaining about. Never mind the simple fact that this isn't your country so why that hell do you care so adamantly in the first place?

Even the U.S. citizens who bitch and moan have no clue what they're talking about. It blows their mind when they realize gangsters arent buying from Bob Sporting Goods down the block or that different states have different laws.

It's just so ridiculous what comes out of your mouths sometimes.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well this happened a few hours ago, his face book page was taken off line about 2hrs after the shooting/suicide. I guess this is our modern society, it needs to get worse before it can improve. www.nowpublic.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown
Is it a case of proverbial fish in a barrel though? I can't get my head around why this seems to be almost a trend of late.

It's because liberals have near complete and total control of the government now.

They have been trying to take away our guns for decades but never had the power to do it. Now they do but not without political consequence. However, if they could convince the majority of the electorate that gun owners are all homicidal maniacs they could achieve their political goal without paying a political price. What better way to convince people that the guns must be taken away from the citizenry than to cause a series of horrific gun crimes.

If you go back a decade or more, even before Columbine, and look up the dates when major anti gun legislation was making its way through the legislature, or about to be introduced into the legislature, you will find that major gun crimes like Columbine, Virginia Tech, or the recent Binghamton shooting are exclusively juxtaposed around the push to disarm the American people and gut the 2nd Amendment! Those lying scumbag sons of b*tches are behind this, mark my words!

I would love to see the toxicology reports or the people that commit these gun crimes. I want to know what kind of psychotropic drugs they had in their systems, or more importantly, what kind of psychotropic drugs were they given!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's not the economy, this type thing became a phenomena at least 10-15 years ago, about the same time watch groups started warning about the violence on the video games that parents were using to babysit their kids about 12 hours a day.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't understand everyone's "shocked" reaction to events like these. The media continues to pound us with news about how bad the economy is, despite the stock market going up. Now we have to worry about hyper-inflation. Jobs are still being lost by the truckload and no doubt tensions are at an all-time high.

How much stress do you guys think people can take before they just start snapping left and right? I think it's just starting to accelerate the longer this recession drags on. Add to that climbing gas prices in the coming months and I predict more of these incidents nation-wide.

A poster earlier said "Something's definately going on". You're right - it's the economy! It really does affect everything when it's this bad!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant

Excuse me, are you implying that these shootings are not happening??? I assume you're not, because that would obviously be ridiculous.

I am saying that people are being manipulated into shooting others - mind control ect..., no one in their right mind would ever do something like that, its manipulation! Thats what I mean.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

You really shouldn't bash responsible teens with guns just because you can't handle one.

I don't know about what's it's like where you live but the last time I drove by a Community College, I saw more adults than teens.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Man o Man, that is messed up!
A friggin nother one already?

Kinda makes me curious about the "Test" of our emergency contact centers we had here this week. Wonder if there has been some sort of particular reason to expect an increase in potential for violence against institutions that hasn't been let out publicly.

On the gun havers vs. haver nots debate....I have a question since we have a fair measure of both on this thread.

Which do you consider a better option for dealing with these type of threats?

Allowing guns to be carried or stored on site be it security, students, faculty whatever...or having a vast monitored cctv array encompassing all entry and egress as well as classrooms and hallway points with all the goodies that can be added for our viewing pleasure?

Both are valid solutions and both have certain positives and negatives about them...just curious on some of ya'lls thoughts.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Allowing guns to be carried or stored on site be it security, students, faculty whatever...or having a vast monitored cctv array encompassing all entry and egress as well as classrooms and hallway points with all the goodies that can be added for our viewing pleasure?

I do not see how putting up cameras would be helpful. What good does it do to watch a shooting if the people actually getting shot cannot defend themselves? I have never seen the need for us all to be treated as suspects while walking down the street or going to school therefore, no need for cameras watching us all the time. I don't need Big Brother telling me how to live, I just need a gun to blast his jackboots when they come knocking on my door because they don't like the color of my shirt. Or whatever.

Good luck to me, because there will be more jackboots than me and they have bigger guns.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers

Originally posted by '___'eviant

I am saying that people are being manipulated into shooting others - mind control ect..., no one in their right mind would ever do something like that, its manipulation! Thats what I mean.

What I am really talking about is stuff like this:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

The answer is simple....FRUSTRATION !!.....Our colleges and universities have become the breeding place for rebellion and anarchy...They are a wealth of misinformation as well as the birthing place of liberal politics....It all comes under of heading of BAD EDUCATION....and now that we have effectively removed God from our daily lives....the ability to know the diference from right and wrong is non existent....

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
In Minority Report, towards the end of the movie, some guy's family would be given a ton of money if he pretended that he killed tom Cruises kid and got Tom Cruise to kill him....now to my point...

What if these people doing the assaults are being paid or their families are being paid to kill a bunch of people in order to "show why there needs to be a ban on assault rifles". Have all of the incidents lately involved assault rifles? Have they always ended with the shooter dead? Where they "dead-end" people? Nothing going for them and needing to save their family?

Perhaps I watch too many movies?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey
On the gun havers vs. haver nots debate....I have a question since we have a fair measure of both on this thread.

Which do you consider a better option for dealing with these type of threats?

Both are valid solutions and both have certain positives and negatives about them...just curious on some of ya'lls thoughts.

they had cctv cameras at columbine, all we could do is watch the videos of them shooting kids and throwing pipe bombs in the library after they removed all the dead bodies. Cameras only show what happened, and prevents nothing.
however if each teacher and all faculty had access to a firearm, and in the case of college campuses old enough students carried concealed weapons they would have a fighting chance. the only way to stop these idiots is to meet their force with greater force.... or rely on the shooters mercy to spare lives, and they dont seem interested in sparing lives.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join