It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive UFO; my experience with invisibility

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hello. This is my first thread so excuse me if I break etiquette in some way.

One reason I recently joined was to seek opinions – or see if anyone has experienced something similar - on a situation several years ago that left me with a very strong conviction in the likely existence of visitors to Earth. I know I am probably preaching to the choir, and the idea of alien craft is not new to me, however, my experience, albeit brief, is something that simply cannot be explained in terms of natural earth-bound phenomena.

My experience may sound tame to a lot of others on here or around the world, but I find it no less compelling. I won’t say the location if you don’t mind as I am a little bit unsure about providing too much information for personal reasons.

I was at the beach several years ago with my brother. It was one of those very sultry, slovenly days where the temperature was in the 39-42 degree Celsius range. The water was a brilliant blue, and was very flat and glassy with not a whisper of wind in the air at all. There was not a single, solitary wisp of a cloud to be seen anywhere either. Where this occurred, these types of day are relatively common in summer, sometimes even winter. So, in a nutshell, the elements were extremely calm, it was very very quiet (only about 10 people or so on the beach, which is composed of white sand) and about a dozen or so seagulls standing just at the water’s edge trying to cool down from the heat.

In this kind of heat, people and animals slow down, so…after a dip, my brother and I sat near the water’s edge, just looking out to sea. The whole area was very bright due to the intense sun and bright blue, cloudless sky. Several seagulls right near us were just standing right on the water’s edge, lapping up the relief that the faint surge of sea water brought to them.

Then, and please understand this happened very fast, there was a massive, huge and sudden change in the atmosphere as everything went very, very dark. And within less than 2 seconds, because we were looking out to the horizon, we saw this indescribably large shadow speeding out to sea and then it was gone. At the precise time it moved directly over us, the seagulls all freaked out and jumped up in unison, squawking and flapping their wings, before settling back down just as quickly. We both looked each other and said “Errrr…. did you see that?!”.

The shadow, as far as we could tell, extended right and left for what would be at least 500metres in either direction, quite possibly more as it was hard to judge… Similarly, unless you happened to be looking out to the horizon at that exact moment, if it passed you overhead in say your backyard or in the street, it is more than likely you simply wouldn’t have registered it – just thinking in your mind that you blinked or something. Plus, you would not have been able to judge the speed or size of the shadow.

There was not a single cloud in the sky, no airplane anywhere, no noise…whatever made the shadow was not up in the atmosphere that we could see (unless it was invisible). And whatever made this shadown had to have been massive! Basically, something passed between the sun and us, something huge in order to make such a shadow, and it was travelling very fast.

I don’t mean to sound dramatic, but neither of us can come up for a rational explanation. Nor is there some sort of authority you could report this to, without sounding kind of ridiculous or like some crackpot.

I don’t feel I need to prove to anyone what happened to me, as I am content and happy in knowing something massive passed between the earth and sun that day. And without knowing much about physics/mathematics, I would wager that given the size of the shadow it could well have been in our atmosphere, yet was invisible. It sounds stupid, I know.

Anyway, just interested if anyone has experienced something similar, or if anyone knows of any similar accounts on here or elsewhere. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Let me prep you.

Delusional, Story maker, No picture**, No proof**, Mirage, Atmospheric/meteorological conditions, last but not least flying immortal jelly fish.

Anyways, just be prepared to be slaughtered. I don't even bother posting my expierence because all of the fairies on here that love to smite anyone and anything they cant explain.

If you really did see it, cool. Could it have been a UFO/Alien Craft/Government Craft? Yeah.

Really, UFO threads on here are starting to bore me, because the skeptics have an explanation for everything, and all their explanations SUCK for the most part.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Haha..Ok thanks for the heads up. I have been reading this site for quite a while, so have an inkling I will be attacked. But it won't bother me at all.

As I mentioned, I really don't feel the need to prove or convince anyone of what occured, the fact is it happened. I am also happy that it happened while in the company of someone I trust beyond words, and we both saw it, so that is enough for me.

The experience did, however, leave me with a sense of hope...as I am now convinced that there is much more than meets the eye of what's going on on our planet. Even if it was a government craft, I think it's great that such technology exists...and surely within our lifetime, probably soon, things will be disclosed. I don't see how such things could be kept under wraps for ever, as someone with a conscious will come out with undeniable proof.

But I have a feeling what occured was not from earth, that's just my feeling. I am more just interested to see if what I experienced has happened to anyone else.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by cloudbreak]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Most skeptic I am familiar with on ATS attempt to provide a reasonable or natural explanation when someone provides evidence that they wish to have evaluated.

In my experience they do not go and beat down on a fellow member for sharing their personal experience. People who do that are, well, jerks.

To the OP, thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No, they dont go to beat down a fellow member, they disprove them, so every other believer is skeptical of what might of very well occured.

Phoenix Lights = Flares = Reasonable Proof.

Do the math.

And, undoubtedly it feels alien to one who has witnessed something beyond conventional understandings of reality, it is alien, however, it does not mean it was necessarily controlled and designed from anything outside of this planet.

Don't get me wrong, there is aliens.

The universe is a bigger than any dream, Don't you think it'd be a waste of space if we we're all alone?

[edit]

I hate the skeptics, I'll make it clear. I don't bother fighting with there futile understanding of what events cannot be explained. It's a useless battle. You'll never convince them, not until a anti gravitational spacecraft lands on there front doorstep.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There is a possibility that a near-earth object like an asteroid caused this fast-moving shadow. Whatever the case, I'm sure it would've been awesome to see it happening. If you saw the shadow of a UFO or just an asteroid it was extremely lucky either way.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

Hi there,

I have experienced the very same thing, but i was lucky enough to be just outside the shadow.
It was a bright summer morning without a cloud in the sky, when I could see a circular shadow being cast across the ground and houses in front of me. The edge of the shadow was a 1/4? mile away and it was big.
It moved at a pretty good clip from east to west.
I was sitting i traffic on my moto when it happened, and I looked up to see what had caused it, but didnt see anything.
I dont think anybody else noticed it, because the driver next to me looked at me wierd as I was looking at the sky.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Sounds interesting, and similar. Mine was also going east to west, though not sure if there is any connection.

Balboa - Yeah the possibility of it being an asteroid has been discussed, but I'm not convinced something virtually in outer space would have been able to make such an intense, concentrated shadow on earth...I am guessing something so far out, by the time the shadow got to the surface it would be very diffused. Not sure.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
There was another thread about a mysterious shadow :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: stupid calculation error

[edit on 2009-4-8 by nablator]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Do you remember the date of the event? It could have been a huge NEO (earth grazer asteroid) much higher up, outside of the atmosphere.

Mmmm, not sure. I'll ask experts on another forum.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Thanks for the calculations. Our thoughts and discussions at the time did tend to think that if it was an asteroid, it would have to be huge, and would most likely have been in the news or known about.

The other thing is, to be realistic, I would say the shadow sped out and dissapeared in under 2 seconds, but from memory it would have been much closer to one second. I looked up the distance to the horizon if one's eye level was say approx 6 ft above the water (we were sitting a little way up on the sand, which had a steepish gradient) and at that height the horizon should be about 4 or 5 miles away. So the rough speed I guess can be attained. I haven't used any mathematics for donkey's, so not sure of the best way. But this could be compared to the approximate speed of what asteroids travel at I guess.

edit: as for time, I can narrow it down to Jan '06, but would be pushed to get exact day. I could probably get it down to within a few days with help from my family.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by cloudbreak]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

So do you think the full shadow could have been smaller than 500 m in every direction? This is important. Or maybe the size of the partial shadow would be more accurate?

I made a mistake in my previous calculations sorry. The cone of darkness cast by the object covers an area that can be calculated if the size AND distance of the object is known. The object must have a diameter of more than 1 km to make a 500 m radius full shadow (Sun completely eclipsed).

Diameter of the object (km) -> distance (km)
2 -> 114
4 -> 343
32 -> 3551

The biggest NEO, Ganymed is 32 km in diameter.

3551 km is extremly low, 1% of the distance to the Moon.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Quick question. If "aliens" had the technology to make a craft invisble, why would they allow it to cast a shadow.

And, just for fun, why would you assume that it's extraterrestrial in origin?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Ok thanks..interesting. This though, regarding an accurate estimation of the size of the shadow, I can not be 100% certain due to the speed and unexpected nature of the experience.

We thought at the time it was roughly (and I mean very roughly) at least 1 km wide. This estimate may be overestimated however, so it could well have been only 500m wide or less, yes. From memory though, the length (i.e. from the water's edge perspective looking out to sea) could well have been less than 500metres. Again, I am sorry I cannot be more accurate as it is extremely difficult to judge given the speed and nature of the shadow.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I could probably get it down to within a few days with help from my family.

Please do. It would be interesting if we could rule out an asteroid.

On this page, there is not a single asteroid flyby in January 2006:
hea-www.harvard.edu...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator

I could probably get it down to within a few days with help from my family.

Please do. It would be interesting if we could rule out an asteroid.

On this page, there is not a single asteroid flyby in January 2006:
hea-www.harvard.edu...

The surface effect matches a "willywaw" very well. Quite a common experience at the seashore. Just a gust of wind, really.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Good question, hence my interest in finding out more. But I am guessing (wildly!) that maybe there is some technology that enables to reflect light from the other side of an object (along the lines of the basic 'invisible' cloth/cloaks I have read the Japanese are working on) to the side that is being viewed (or not viewed) by any spectators.

I assumed, and still do, it is was a UFO or had extraterrestrial origins, because at the time...it seemed logical to us that for something to make such a defined, intense and large shadow, it had to have been hugely massive. Particularly massive if you were to assume invisibility is impossible or out of the equation, because the source of the shadow would therefore have to be outside our atmosphere.

And for an object of such size to be going between the earth and sun, it surely would have been detected by astronomers, or known about. Yet nothing in the media anywhere. Also, it seems logical that for something to make a shadow of that size, it can't have been too far away from the earth.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think you need to look up the definition of the word "logical". It's not logical to assume a fantastic source for something until you have good evidence to support that assumption.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Haha, well...I can safely rule out any such thought of a "willywaw". As an avid surfer, sailor and wavesailor (windsurfer), I can assure you there was not even .05 knots of wind in the air. Not a breath. The water was perfectly glassy.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

That's why I am interested to hear about anyone else's experience or opinion. I do not know what it was. I know for a fact it was not a wind effect though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join