It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Massive UFO; my experience with invisibility

page: 2
3
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak
 


Maybe draw us a picture?


The Alien topic is fascinating at first , unfortunately after a little while we all become numb to it and no story excites us. We want more and more proof and nothing is ever enough.. so sad but so true.




posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nasacarl
 


Yeah, it is ok...I understand. A massive shadow is not that exciting in the grand scheme! But, I am still happy it happened with my brother in company, because it was so extraordinary it just confirms things I have always suspected anyway, and to be able to talk with someone who saw it too...it's much easier.

I'd be just as happy if it could be proven to be an asteroid, but that explanation seems a bit out there, figuratively speaking.

There seems to be alot of smart people with alot of knowledge and experience on here. And as I said initially, my experience is rather tame in comparison to some of the stuff you might read about.

Even some people I have told in person about this tend to yawn though before too long! Not to worry.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
reply to post by nasacarl
 


Yeah, it is ok...I understand. A massive shadow is not that exciting in the grand scheme! But, I am still happy it happened with my brother in company, because it was so extraordinary it just confirms things I have always suspected anyway, and to be able to talk with someone who saw it too...it's much easier.


This is perfect example of pre-loading. You wanted to see a UFO, so you did.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla
 


Yeah quite possibly. But technically what I saw was a huge, well-definable and unexplainable shadow that freaked out seagulls, as much as it left the two of us who saw it in wonder.

I'm not one prone to fantasy or concocting tales, but if you have a logical and easily explainable conclusion of what could cause such a shadow under those type of weather conditions - other than a UFO - I'd be very open to your input.

My gut is telling me the shadow was a by-product of a UFO, as I certainly am unable to identify the cause of it at this stage, that's all.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreakMy gut is telling me the shadow was a by-product of a UFO, as I certainly am unable to identify the cause of it at this stage, that's all.

Ah, very good. We agree it's a UFO. Stress on Unidentified, of course. What I don't understand is the leap from Unidentified to "that's a flying saucer." If you don't know what it is, that's cool. If you know what it is, how do you know?



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

This is perfect example of pre-loading. You wanted to see a UFO, so you did.


It begins to appear the same reasoning may be applied to your responses:

'This is perfect example of pre-loading. You want to see a (safe explanation), so you do.' Works both ways.

"Me thinks thou dost protest too much." (Generalized and appropriate paraphrasing from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, Scene II 'The lady doth protest too much, methinks.' Here



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla
 


For the same reason I can build an aircraft, but I cant make it hover in mid air indefinetly. Its called a technology limitation.

And secondly, I wouldnt call it pre loading.

He saw a shadow cast on the ground, therefore it was airborne. He was unable to identify it. What more do you want for a Unidentified Flying Object? I dont need to see a fire to observe its effects on the environment around it.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer77

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

This is perfect example of pre-loading. You wanted to see a UFO, so you did.


It begins to appear the same reasoning may be applied to your responses:

'This is perfect example of pre-loading. You want to see a (safe explanation), so you do.' Works both ways.

"Me thinks thou dost protest too much." (Generalized and appropriate paraphrasing from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, Scene II 'The lady doth protest too much, methinks.' Here


That was just sad.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla
 


Well..yeah, I never mentioned it was a flying saucer or that I knew what it was. It is unexplainable from my position and knowledge of what caused it. So in that sense it is a UFO. And as I said, I'd be just as stoked if it could be proven to be the shadow of an asteroid, as the chances of ever seeing a shadow from one would be astronomically small.

An asteroid just seems far-fetched, which might sound ironic, but I will stake my life on the facts that I have stated...and would give my left nut, index finger, and three toes off my left foot to know what really caused it.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
 


Have you researched meteorological phenomena to rule out plain old weather?

If not, why not? And why assume it's anything other than a mundane event that you have never seen before?



..............................................................................
[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 8-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Some years back, while living in the High Desert area of California, 'up the hill' from San Bernardino and LA, I regularly saw unexplained shadows moving across the desert floor during periods of bright sunlight, cloudless, and low wind conditions. Most times, there would be only one; occasionally there would be a small group, perhaps three. This happened maybe a dozen times over an eighteen month period, but I never had the feeling, or 'gut instinct' that they were related to the UFO phenomenon. I rather had the impression they were natural and probably weather-related.

This, however, in no way detracts from your experience and is not intended to do so. It does seem your thread title is a bit sensationalistic, but, welcome to ATS, cloudbreak, and thank you for sharing an experience that caused you to think.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla
 


I've ruled out any weather phenomena, as there is nothing that I know of that could explain it. That is not to say that it might indeed be something weather-related which happens once in a blue moon. But highly unlikely. And I can't suggest anything as yet.

I actually studied weather at university - part of the reason I did so was because I found it very easy to understand and was interested in it, as growing up as a surfer, you spend most nights from your teen years scouring weather charts, tidal forecasts, what the moon is doing, and the direction/size of various pressure systems because they are all going to influence the size, direction and quality of swell the following morning.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77
 


Thank you Wonderer77... yeah, I have gone over possible causes time and time again with my brother and close friends, but, still am at a loss. Sorry if the title was a bit sensational, but I guess it reflects the way I feel about it now after all this time.

I know there are people smarter and with more experience than I on here, so would love to have a genuine explanation if possible - and just as happy to know if it is something easily explainable, other than a UFO.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
reply to post by Gawdzilla
 


I've ruled out any weather phenomena, as there is nothing that I know of that could explain it. That is not to say that it might indeed be something weather-related which happens once in a blue moon. But highly unlikely. And I can't suggest anything as yet.

I actually studied weather at university - part of the reason I did so was because I found it very easy to understand and was interested in it, as growing up as a surfer, you spend most nights from your teen years scouring weather charts, tidal forecasts, what the moon is doing, and the direction/size of various pressure systems because they are all going to influence the size, direction and quality of swell the following morning.


I studied weather first hand, at sea for twenty years. Living on a liquid surface makes you respect the weather a bit more. And my "home" has always been in Tornado Alley, another reason to respect the wind.

However, I wonder if you have eliminated every weather phenomenon particular to the area. You have to rule out the mundane before you can start on the extraordinary. (Actually, you don't have to, of course, but that way leaves big holes that won't be filled.)



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I didnt read all the replies so I apologize if this was mentioned already , but from my knowledge this could not have been an asteroid or anything in the atmosphere , and my explanation for why not is pretty simple .

The OP stated that the birds reacted heavy to the shadow meaning they had to see/feel something in close proximity , which would not have been the case if the object was very high up in the atmosphere .



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
An asteroid just seems far-fetched, which might sound ironic, but I will stake my life on the facts that I have stated...and would give my left nut, index finger, and three toes off my left foot to know what really caused it.

I like that. Some people here are satisfied with "it's a UFO, doh".



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill
 

As this was very sudden, birds were as startled as anyone else. This was much faster than an eclipse, but asteroids move much faster than the moon in the sky.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
The OP stated that the birds reacted heavy to the shadow meaning they had to see/feel something in close proximity , which would not have been the case if the object was very high up in the atmosphere .


Why would the birds not simply have been reacting to the shadow, no matter how high the source? Raptor shadows are known to send birds scrambling. And they are, after all, by definition rather "flighty" creatures.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I can't find a big NEO for January 2006:
www.birtwhistle.org...

There is only 2006 BV39, but it's very small, 4 to 9 m in diameter.
www.birtwhistle.org...

I'm stumped.



posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A stupid idea: could it not have been the eclipse of February 29, 2006 ?
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...







 
3
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join