It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electrical Engineer expects entire global electrical system to collapse!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ok guys as a student electrical engineer I will give my two cents on this. Though I have never been too interested in the.. regurgitate this maths side of engineering and hence am not the greatest student. So like everything else take it with a grain of arsenic
. The takedown of the grid is a very real threat. It can happen due to solar storms etc. There hasn't been a significant one since 1865? Back then though they didnt have any significant electrical infrastructure up. If this happened today... well I recently read an article by nasa on it (or was it on nasa?). Yes nasa lies but its rather easy to filter out what are most likely the facts. Basically nasa has a satellite monitoring the sun for solar storms or anything else that will throw enough plasma at the earth to induce horrendous currents in the electrical infrustructure. Basically we have around 10 minutes or something of time to act if it does happen.. maby even less and the damage if the power grids on earth weren't shut down/decoupled would be huge. It's like one massive emp weapon being thrown at earth.... everything would be skittled.. including modern cars, computers.. everything. Infact i'm not 100% sure you can fully protect the elctrical grid because unless every transformer is disconnected from the powerlines it will be fried. Imagine how long it would take to replace that many transformers... anything connected to the power point will be fried due to the huge transient surge off current. I'm not 100% sure it would reach all over.. but from memory it is not the plasma that does the damage it is the waey the plasma effects the earths magnetic field... anyway my rant.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow.. can we fit more doom & gloom into one thread?

Seems like wild speculation. Why is it always the relative of someone else that no one can get in touch with, who is unnamed, and there are no other sources, and no institutions or universities that claim the same thing?

It's going to take a lot more than an unsubstantiated claim to make me start shivering in my boots.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Oh no its the Y2K bug all over again...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andrew123

Could the earth explode if the sun heated up. I put a hard boiled egg in the microwave to warm it and came back later and it was all over the place.

If there are fissures in the ocean bottom could one open up and create a core breech.

Might this possibly be an explanation for what happened to planet phaeton, which was between mars and jupiter?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

I think it's plain bull#!

There are far too many factors to take into consideration. Besides technology evolves and things that use to require 250 watts per hour now only use 120 watts per hour or less depending on what it is.

With LED lamps being adopted, CRT monitors and TVs being replaced by OLED and LCD ones there is already a drastic reduction in wattage consumption per habitant.

Also the infra-structure might not evolve head-to-head with the rest, but it does and will probably adapt it self to a new reality.

If that was to happen probably we would already be seeing the consequences of such "imminent collapse" right now.

But if that happens I really doubt that we will be left in dark, at best people will be forced to rationalize electric energy to prevent such a collapse.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

Yes, it could all be bull. If the planet could be destroyed it would have been destroyed long before now.

Likewise, I cannot die. Because if I could have died I would have died long before.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's clear from the project camelot article that its a coronal mass ejection that's being talked about. A good article on that is...

www.newscientist.com...

After reading the newscientist article, the answers seem obvious at least to me. If higher power lines are more vulnerable than lower power lines, then the utilities need to reduce the power levels of their transmission lines even if that means more power losses. Also have the necessary spare transformers ready and standing by, maybe even have them hooked up but not turned on so that when the online transformers are zapped, the new ones can be switched on quickly. Also reduce the interdependence off the grid. Let each region fend for itself. That way the whole system won't collapse even if some regions are down. Those regions that still have power can then continue to make the fuel and food that everyone else needs until the affected systems are repaired. It also doesn't sound to me like wind and solar power will be affected because those are low power systems.

One more thought. Even though one of Project Camelot's sources said that there definitely WILL be a coronal mass ejection in 2012, how would they know for sure that the cme would be headed towards us and another question is why would the entire world be affected if the electrically charged plasma was only hitting the planet from the daylight side? Wouldn't the nighttime side be okay?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Project Camelot has been wrong, over and over and over. The only good thing about projectcamelot are the interviews. Everything else is bogus, and don't be fooled by the Donate button, they just want your money.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This was well covered in a recent edition of new scientist.

Boring.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Safandjaro

I agree with you as well. As sad as it may be for the 2012 group my assumption and calculations have conclude the year 2016.

I do expect all hell to break lose in 2012 though. You will live to see 2013.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

you are only indoctrinated if you CHOOSE to believe what they tell u in books and tv etc..

so please people, STOP PLAYING THE BLAME GAME.
you and everyone else has always had CHOICE.

a lot easier to believe instead of searching. when u believe in what people tell u YOU TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY.
oh he told me and it was wrong, its his fault.

also,
the grid and all will be fine. u wanna know how I know...cant tell u .hahaha

it will be fine. Keep freaking out about it, keep NOT BEING productive and being a delusional and greedy and lazy individual.
or
go out and build, be productive, CONTRIBUTE.
and stop thinking about alien invasions.. even if they do pull it off...u will CHOOSE to believe it coz it takes responsibility out of your hands.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
Yesterday on www.projectcamelot.org... , they posted a message from the wife of an Electrical Engineer claiming that in 3-4 year's time, the whole of the global electrical grid would go down...

We have been contacted by the wife of an electrical engineer who has been officially briefed about a serious major threat to infrastructure in a few years' time.

We believe this information is credible and important but the contact may now have been lost. Therefore we are publishing what we have - with many questions unanswered. This is the first message we received, on 27 March:

Hello B & K

My husband is an electrical engineer for a national power company. He has just been told that they are expecting an event in the next 3-4 years that will render every transformer in the world useless. They are desperately trying to find a solution to the problem. If they don't, the entire global electrical system will go down. I know this fits in with some of your research. Have you heard about this?

In answer to my questions, she then replied:

Hi Bill: My husband is working away from home at the moment on this problem, and I have no way of contacting him. He is not allowed to carry a cellphone on the job. I'll clarify with him when I speak to him next, but the impression I got was that it was definitely going to happen. He mentioned something about electromagnetic clouds in space that the Earth is drifting into. They are under incredible pressure to find a solution. My husband is an engineer, a man of rational logic. He is not prone to flights of fancy, but this news has disturbed him no end.

www.projectcamelot.org...

i know this falls in line with many of the other 2012 predictions, but i'm not sure if this is truth, or just another fear-mongering conspiracy... also, it seems that there's to be no more contact with this "source"...

could this be caused by a possible polar shift? or is this maybe related to the galactic alignment, which many are talking about, that might occur in 2012?

what are everyone's thoughts?? could a pole shift and a galactic alignment actually be possible?

[edit on 7-4-2009 by adrenochrome]

This is only a 11 year sunspot cycle, it's happened before and it will do it again.
It won't kill everything that is made of silicon. Planes will not come
off the rails and Trains will not drop out of the sky.
Some satellites might die and some power grids may go out, it is hardly
a ELE.

I think all those people involved in that silly Y2K rhetoric are looking
for a new job.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think people should stop posting garbage news like this in the breaking news section.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

"He said the first one would be a [#1] coronal mass ejection (from the sun). And he said: To see what I mean, look up the event of 1859, which we did."

So I did..
I guess he was talking about this?

A pair of strong solar storms that hit Earth late last week were squalls compared to the torrent of electrons that rained down in the "perfect space storm" of 1859. And sooner or later, experts warn, the Sun will again conspire again send earthlings a truly destructive bout of space weather.

Link to Space.com article

It's from Oct. 03, but it's just something I found on that event the Homeland guy was talking about. It goes on to state the other strange things that happened with it in 1859, was pretty strange indeed.

To the ops article, this is somewhat bothering me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's possible but I just didn't want to add another ending - of - civilization to my 2012 list. And like another said, it does remind me of Knowing, haha. I'm not running for the door to stock up on water but I do think I need to relocate, whatever the case may be. The weather has been acting strange and is only going to keep doing it for a while I think and I need to get somewhere safe, away from the coast anyway >_>.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
The 2011/2012 solar maximum *may* knockout some satellites,they wont be powerful enough to knockout grids etc i think this is typical project camelot hog wash,then again i may be wrong and indeed "We all gonna die!!!" etc

Canada/Alaska had an entire grid knocked out by a solar flare in (I think) the early 90's.

The point is that it is possible to knock out power supplies due to activity from the sun. The earth flying into some mysterious galactic body; predicted several years out? Seems implausible to me.

As far as all this other doomsday cr@p goes...........you are exactly right. People with some kind of perverse attraction to annihilation are peddling this rubbish. Chill out people!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

You do have a valid point about posting on breaking news. I read today here at ATS that the news must not be over 48 hours old and I think?? it said to have a source link to the fact. something like that.

I didnt see any basis in fact for this article. I recently viewed some FEMA or cemetery docs on ATS. I could easily create similar docs and post them as the truth.

I was told to only believe half of what I see and none of what I hear. I still search to solve these mysteries though.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Such a big problems that is being addresses by many engineers yet one guy, through his wife, leaks this info. No other engineers have gossipy spouses?

Oh yeah, it's the panic situation and everyone is swore under death threat to keep it quiet.

Of course this situation could arise but is it a known fact that is actually being address at this time. It is really amazing how good people are at keeping information secret.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
well, if we are indeed heading for a gigantic EM storm...why not just coat all our transformers (or at least the most important ones) in lead or Lead and aluminum foil?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sounds like a little bit of truth with some spin, for example there has been an increase in stellar dust entering the solar system as seen by Ulysses since 1992 it was three times the usual amount in the early 2000's and set to increase until the next solar max. Yep, that date again.

So I expect this could be where the killer chaos cloud talk sprang from, it's not destroying everything in it's path. However it could definitely affect space weather.

The threat is real It's really just a matter of when not if, and for the first time the earth is encased in a conductive array of power lines, phone lines, cables underground and sea, railroads tracks etc.. Like a giant lighting rod waiting for the zap from space.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
You are all missing the mark.
When the local or even personal energy sources come online sometime in the fall, all the expensive transformers and transmission lines will in fact, be made useless.
Just what actions do you think large energy providers are attempting to prevent this from happening?
Chew on it a bit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join