Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Electrical Engineer expects entire global electrical system to collapse!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

I find it very curious the timing of the email to Project Camelot was right after a detailed article on the subject was in the March 23, 2009 "New Scientist" magazine:

www.newscientist.com...

Could it be someone got the idea to send an email to embelish a "story"?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Thanks, Tentickles, for posting that link to the History Channel series.

It SHOULD be required viewing by everyone on ATS who continually pose very basic questions about the nature of the Galaxy and the Universe we live in. All too often, tragically, many are lured to what I call "bad science" websites, and thusly get bad information.

It seems apparent to me that the majority of individuals on our planet have little to know understanding of Astronomy and even some basic science.

Now, the topic: Perhaps I missed it, but just exactly HOW is this alleged 'area' that our Solar System will encounter in 3-4 years being observed, and determined to pose a threat? (This question to all participants, not just Tentickles...).

*note to Tentickles: Your Avatar is profoundly disturbing*

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

drsmooth23 hits the nail on the head. If there is enough EMP that happens, we're all going to be screwed anyway. I was reading on this subject, and I read an account of the solar flares that happened in the late 1800's, when telegraph lines were in common use. it was reported that the high active solar activity literally fried many telegrah lines in place.
Now it's not a far stretch to think of the possibilities that could happen in modern times. None of it is pretty. The loss of electricity would be just the start. No computer networks, no banking, people running out of food--you get the picture.
Do your own research of the past peak periods of high solar EMP . It creates a lot of problems, and if the flare or EMP is high enough, its all over .

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

If there is an EMP pulse, first of all I would be rendered impotent. All those blue pills would not help.

Without mentioning some big shot's name, you need to write something that someone would read. ----Take care---PC

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Look, we are all going to die eventually, its just a question of when.

That said, Im getting myself a drink and enjoying it.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Hiya adrenochrome
. The cloud your referring to is the oort clound and the kuiper belt. I hears this back in 200o on nibiruan council. Sorr i'm still trying to embed the link things so people can view a part of the article.

en.wikipedia.org... here's the link

edit: forgot to put in a link

[edit on 7-4-2009 by malakiem]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Safandjaro

Hallelujah!

HELL-elujah!

Que sara sara

Whatever will be, will be

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
For a new power source ...not new really but I was thinking about wind power.

could you not construct a device that blows wind into a wind turbine so that in a sense you have a infinite amount of wind being blown into the turbine to create an endless supply of power.

Or like have a solar powered fan blowing wind into a turbine which spins and creates energy and that energy could also be used to power the wind blower in essence creating a never ending cycle of power?

Have people already thought of this?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by malakiem

I'm sorry, malakiem....are you trying to infer that objects in the Oort Cloud, or the Kuiper Belt are somehow going to have an impact on this alleged 'global electrical system' collapse scenario, as postulated by the OP?

Perhaps I mis-interpreted -- I certainly hope so.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wonder if this could be related...

WASHINGTON -- Cyberspies have penetrated the U.S. electrical grid and left behind software programs that could be used to disrupt the system, according to current and former national-security officials.

The spies came from China, Russia and other countries, these officials said, and were believed to be on a mission to navigate the U.S. electrical system and its controls. The intruders haven't sought to damage the power grid or other key infrastructure, but officials warned they could try during a crisis or war.

"The Chinese have attempted to map our infrastructure, such as the electrical grid," said a senior intelligence official. "So have the Russians."

The espionage appeared pervasive across the U.S. and doesn't target a particular company or region, said a former Department of Homeland Security official. "There are intrusions, and they are growing," the former official said, referring to electrical systems. "There were a lot last year."

Many of the intrusions were detected not by the companies in charge of the infrastructure but by U.S. intelligence agencies, officials said. Intelligence officials worry about cyber attackers taking control of electrical facilities, a nuclear power plant or financial networks via the Internet...

Source

No mention of electromagnetic clouds, but a much more reputable source discussing the possible takedown of the U.S. system.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Don't you guys think that perhaps all of this is just a bunch of BS and fear mongering? Remember: Fear = Money.
I bet when 2012 comes, nothing will happen. And if nothing happens I'm going to be so PO'd, I'll do whatever it takes to ensure that fear mongering gets put to an end once and for all.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Looking_Glass]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Just think of the jobs this will produce.

I have my candles ready.

Maybe we need to slow down just a bit.

Whether it happens or not Project Camelot IMO is no a very credible source.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Looking_Glass

Hey! Looking_Glass, you may be on to something!!

OK, folks! Step right up!!

Wanna survive the upcoming catastrophe?

Then buy my diesel generators!!! We install!! We also will install your Solar Panels, for those of you lucky enough to live within a certain area of Latitude!!

(nudging in)...Oh! But if you buy the diesel generators, be sure to stock up on plenty of cans of diesel fuel!! Buy my containers, legally designed to hold the fuel....oh, and be sure to fill up at your local station....better stock up!!! BUY< BUY< BUY now!!!

But wait! If you call within the next 15 minutes, we will throw in, at no additional charge, a lifetime supply of duct tape and plastic sheeting!!!

IF you are one of the first 500 callers, then you will also recieve FREE shipping!!!

(nudging back in....) Don't listen to them!!! Buy my home-friendly wind generator!! Call now, and we'll take $1,000 of the installation!!!!
AND, we'll supply a year's worth of 'snake oil' FREE to the first 200 callers!!!

BUT!! You MUST call in the next 15 minutes!!!

Operators are standing by....

Call the number at the bottom of your TV screen!! CALL Now!!!

THIS is just a taste of the next few years, is my prediction.

So, folks....get back into the Stock Market, and invest in companies that are best poised to profit from the hysteria....but be sure to get out before the stocks crash.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
what are everyone's thoughts?? could a pole shift and a galactic alignment actually be possible?

Here is what I think and this is solely speculative on my part; furthermore, I am in no way qualified or an expert on the matter unless expert is defined as X= unknown and pert = a drip under pressure. Now that the legal disclaimer is out of the way (lol).

Even a mid sized star could cause severe havoc in our world if it went super nova this would have an effect upon us even if it were as far away as 10,000 light years. This is a newly formed black hole and the gamma rays that it produces would be the damning feature. These gamma rays would be upon us before we even knew it because we would see the supernova at the same time as the gamma rays arrived thus giving us no warning.

At the center of the galaxy is a super massive black hole. This has been in existence for billions of years constantly consuming matter and making the singularity and the corresponding gravitational power and the gamma rays it produces are tens of thousands of times more powerful than a star going super nova, thus the effective range of damage would also have increased exponentially giving it a range of hundreds of thousands of light years.

These gamma rays emit from the opposing poles of the super massive black hole (SMBH) at the center of the galaxy thus effecting us twice through every complete orbit we make around the SMBH. I am guessing that as according to the Mayans would be either every 26 thousand years or if their calculations only represents one half trip (each time we pass through the gamma ray stream) which would be 52 thousand years for a full trip around.

If this is what they are worried about, it is from what I have read a very legitimate concern as we would be well within the effective range of the SMBH. This though is reliant upon a few other factors such as our position on the plane of the orbit, if we are just slightly off center, then the gamma rays could completely miss us or we could be limited in our exposure.

Like I said at the start, its just my own thoughts and has no evidence to substantiate itself.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Precisely! =D

Really when you look at all the things we are currently supposed to be afraid of, if you look much deeper you'll notice that in many ways these fears were created in order to influence our spending somehow.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

I find it very curious the timing of the email to Project Camelot was right after a detailed article on the subject was in the March 23, 2009 "New Scientist" magazine:

www.newscientist.com...

Could it be someone got the idea to send an email to embelish a "story"?

I'm not sure what you mean by "embellish a story."

That New Scientist article (which was excellent, BTW) is about research being done by NAS, which is the National Academies of Science, the nation's most prestigious scientific body.

After reading the article, I got the distinct impression they're trying to tell us something, at least those who are wise enough to read between the lines and who can resist feeling oh-so-clever by automatically debunking anything that suggests their rose-colored utopia is in serious trouble.

Someday they might discover that they're not as clever as they thought.

According to the NAS report, the impact of what it terms a "severe geomagnetic storm scenario" could be as high as $2 trillion. And that's just the first year after the storm. The NAS puts the recovery time at four to 10 years. It is questionable whether the US would ever bounce back.

"I don't think the NAS report is scaremongering," says Mike Hapgood, who chairs the European Space Agency's space weather team. Green agrees. "Scientists are conservative by nature and this group is really thoughtful," he says. "This is a fair and balanced report."

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnord
well, if we are indeed heading for a gigantic EM storm...why not just coat all our transformers (or at least the most important ones) in lead or Lead and aluminum foil?

Not shure if your being sarcastic or not butt...

The system gets overloaded because of the criss cross network of overhead
wires. As the electromagnetic flux crosses the wires it generates a voltage.
The speed and intensity of the flux change determines how much surge is
created. It is this surge that finds it's way back the transforms and blows
the crap out of them. Thus it would only be minimized if the wires were buried
underground.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Interesting....I think that many of the European electrical Infrastructure that supplies the 'grid' is already buried, as compared to most parts of the USA.

SO, as someone earlier asked....'What can we do?"...it's simple.

PUT people to work in the next three years and secure our Electrical System by reforming the infrastructure!!!

It provides jobs, and helps the Economy....and shelters the 'grid' formt he EMP if it occurs!!!

Oh...but the damnable 'Rebulicants' will stall the whole idea....just like that genius 'Billy Jindall', of Lousiana, who complained about a Bill in Congress to study Volcanoes....oh, but THEN a Volcano in Alaska erupted....stupid is, as stupid does, or so the saying goes.....

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hey I just found this article on SpaceRef.com
Its really interesting
Here are some highlights.
Date Released: Monday, August 18, 2003

Then ESA's Ulysses spaceprobe discovered minute stardust particles leaking through the Sun's magnetic shield, into the realm of Earth and the other planets. Now, the same spaceprobe has shown that a flood of dusty particles is heading our way.

Scientists believe that this is due to the way in which the polarity changed during solar maximum. Instead of reversing completely, flipping north to south, the Sun's magnetic poles have only rotated at halfway and are now more or less lying sideways along the Sun's equator. This weaker configuration of the magnetic shield is letting in two to three times more stardust than at the end of the 1990s. Moreover, this influx could increase by as much as ten times until the end of the current solar cycle in 2012.

The stardust itself is very fine ? just one-hundredth of the width of a human hair. It is unlikely to have much effect on the planets but it is bound to collide with asteroids
, chipping off larger dust particles, again increasing the amount of dust in the inner Solar System.

Back down on Earth, everyone may notice an increase in the number of sporadic meteors
that fall from the sky every night. These meteors,

The results of this investigation will appear in the October 2003 issue of Journal of Geophysical
Research. The investigation has been conducted by a team led by Markus Landgraf of ESA's European Space Operation Centre in Darmstadt (Germany) and including Harald Kroeger, Nicolas Altobelli, and Eberhard Gruen of the Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics in Heidelberg (Germany).

www.spaceref.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
FIND ME THE PICTURE AS PROOF!!!!!

or my BS flag is raised....

My brother in law work's for The electric company here for over 25 years...He is laughing his butt off at this thread.

Becouse everyone is jumping on this lady's bandwagon...with absolutely no proof other than a good story.

if it's true picture's exist.

There has been, and there is more than enough proof, and ALL the major telescopes that can show you this and more, are owned by governments, or even by the vatican.

Tell your borther to keep being ignorant, and laugh as much as he wants.

Ulysses sees Galactic Dust on the rise
01 Aug 2003

Since early 1992 Ulysses has been monitoring the stream of stardust flowing through our Solar System. The stardust is embedded in the local galactic cloud through which the Sun is moving at a speed of 26 kilometres every second. As a result of this relative motion, a single dust grain takes twenty years to traverse the Solar System. Observations by the DUST experiment on board Ulysses have shown that the stream of stardust is highly affected by the Sun's magnetic field.

In the 1990s, this field, which is drawn out deep into space by the out-flowing solar wind, kept most of the stardust out. The most recent data, collected up to the end of 2002, shows that this magnetic shield has lost its protective power during the recent solar maximum. In an upcoming publication in the Journal of Geophysical Research ESA scientist Markus Landgraf and his co-workers from the Max-Planck-Institute in Heidelberg report that about three times more stardust is now able to enter the Solar System.

The reason for the weakening of the Sun's magnetic shield is the increased solar activity, which leads to a highly disordered field configuration. In the mid-1990s, during the last solar minimum, the Sun's magnetic field resembled a dipole field with well-defined magnetic poles (North positive, South negative), very much like the Earth. Unlike Earth, however, the Sun reverses its magnetic polarity every 11 years. The reversal always occurs during solar maximum. That's when the magnetic field is highly disordered, allowing more interstellar dust to enter the Solar System. It is interesting to note that in the reversed configuration after the recent solar maximum (North negative, South positive), the interstellar dust is even channelled more efficiently towards the inner Solar System. So we can expect even more interstellar dust from 2005 onwards, once the changes become fully effective.

While grains of stardust are very small, about one hundredth the diameter of a human hair, they do not directly influence the planets of the Solar System. However, the dust particles move very fast, and produce large numbers of fragments when they impact asteroids or comets. It is therefore conceivable that an increase in the amount of interstellar dust in the Solar System will create more cosmic dust by collisions with asteroids and comets. We know from the measurements by high-flying aircraft that 40 000 tonnes dust from asteroids and comets enters the Earth's atmosphere each year. It is possible that the increase of stardust in the Solar System will influence the amount of extraterrestrial material that rains down to Earth.

sci.esa.int...

If more interstellar dust can now enter the Solar System, and bombard Earth, so too can more highly charged particles bombard Earth, and so too can more other forms of energy, which include plasma fields, energetic plasma particles, and cold, warm, hot, or extremely hot gases can enter the Solar System.

NASA, and ESA said that this increase in Interstellar dust will continue to exponentially increase every year until about 2012, and by then it will be at least 10 times higher than now.

ESA sees stardust storms heading for Solar System

PRESS RELEASE
Date Released: Monday, August 18, 2003
Source: Artemis Society

Until ten years ago, most astronomers did not believe stardust could enter our Solar System. Then ESA's Ulysses spaceprobe discovered minute stardust particles leaking through the Sun's magnetic shield, into the realm of Earth and the other planets. Now, the same spaceprobe has shown that a flood of dusty particles is heading our way.

Since its launch in 1990, Ulysses has constantly monitored how much stardust enters the Solar System from the interstellar space around it. Using an on-board instrument called DUST, scientists have discovered that stardust can actually approach the Earth and other planets, but its flow is governed by the Sun's magnetic field, which behaves as a powerful gate-keeper bouncing most of it back. However, during solar maximum ? a phase of intense activity inside the Sun that marks the end of each 11-year solar cycle ? the magnetic field becomes disordered as its polarity reverses. As a result, the Sun's shielding power weakens and more stardust can sneak in.

What is surprising in this new Ulysses discovery is that the amount of stardust has continued to increase even after the solar activity calmed down and the magnetic field resumed its ordered shape in 2001.

Scientists believe that this is due to the way in which the polarity changed during solar maximum. Instead of reversing completely, flipping north to south, the Sun's magnetic poles have only rotated at halfway and are now more or less lying sideways along the Sun's equator. This weaker configuration of the magnetic shield is letting in two to three times more stardust than at the end of the 1990s. Moreover, this influx could increase by as much as ten times until the end of the current solar cycle in 2012.

www.spaceref.com...

They did however claim back then that this would not affect the planets, or Earth much, but much has been changed since then, and scientists are beginning to worry more and more not only because of this but also because of the slowdown of activity of the Sun.

TPTB have known about this for a very long time because several research papers have predicted this, and we even had several different sources telling us about this, and about even the Vatican knowing about these changes being caused by something that is approaching us causing all this chaos in the entire Solar System.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join