It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories of the Future

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Throughout my life I've experienced what Im calling "Memories of the Future". These have been snippets of memory-flashes during daytime and entire scenes while dreaming at night.

They are entirely unrelated and alien to anything I've ever experienced in this life. They dont look like "past lives" either because the cities and landscapes I see are futuristic, sci-fi like in quality. They are not inspired by sci-fi because I had them long before I watched or read sci-fi...even in earliest childhood days. Also, I've been looking for sci-fi movies or pictures which resemble these "visions" but havent found any.

They are not a product of Imagination because they "come up" involuntarily and contain reoccurring places and people. There is a sense of me living those lives, me being connected to them in some way.

One frequently reoccurring "memory" is of me living on a planet earth that has significantly lower population, something like 20 000 people per city. The earth is drenched in rain and sunshine making the green on it more vast and brighter. Green hills and a lack of any desert seem to be a common theme. Each city contains white and glass-material-like mini-skycrapers that are connected to each other by conveyor-belts of sorts. The "cars" can ride on the ground or fly like "skycars". The ruins of some cities and even entire countries are under water.

There are other scenes, timelines and realities, but for now I'd only like to ask if anyone else is familiar with these "flashes from other times".

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Are you sure it's Earth in the future? Is there anything familiar in the images?

Is it not possible that it might be another planet/place at present time?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I had one 'future memory'. It happened during a 'dream' .. but I think it was much more than a dream. I think I somehow blended with my future life ...

It takes place 200 years from now. I'm living in East Texas .. or what is left of it. In Texas I'm a teenage boy (now I'm an older woman). I have two younger sisters and one sibling that had just died as a baby. We are Catholic I think (I remember seeing a large rosary hanging from the wall in the empty nursery). We are either militia or survivalists. I had a girlfriend who I did not see in the dream but that I know lived nearby. There are lots of birch trees.

I remember seeing a map of the USA on the wall in the basement. It's different then now. A large swath of the gulf had come inland, taking out San Antonio and Dallas. It was all underwater for good.

I die by driving off the side of a mountain with my sisters in the back seat. I remember thinking that it was better that we all died then be caught by whatever was after us. I have no idea what it was that was after us .... foreign forces .. gov't forces ... aliens. I have no idea.

The 'dream' stayed with me for two days or so. I remember feeling that I was this fella ... and that feeling stayed with me for all that time. The two of us were the same person.

I think it was me somehow crossing time and experiencing my future life.

Edited to add - I can't tell you strongly enough how REAL .. VERY REAL .. this felt and how it stayed with me.

[edit on 4/7/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
Are you sure it's Earth in the future? Is there anything familiar in the images?

Is it not possible that it might be another planet/place at present time?

Well yes...it could be from the past, from the future, from another planet...in any case its all rushing in from elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Some dreams stay with you for a long time...like wounds meant to awaken us to something...but what?

Seems your vision is half underwater too...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I wouldn’t look for any answer in the possible future in looking at my dreams.
I have a very interesting thought about dreams. Dreams are just another state of consciousness before you go in dreamless sleep which is another state of consciousness. The dream state can only be interpreted in symbol because moving images are certainly not regenerated by words thoughts mind but by wordless state of mind.
In consequences dreams can only be interpreted in a symbolic way with no time line, past future or present, but a never existence of thoughtless mind regenerating symbolic message through a mind though brain.
Kacou.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ways in which "memories" of this place come up:

As flashes throughout the day, while waking.

As daytime-memories of events unrelated to whats going on around me.

When I see certain places or buildings and am "reminded" of that other place.

Ocassionally it comes up in dreams.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yea, I saw it also. The flying cars and ultra modern cities. Didn't really know what to make of it; ultimately just attributed it to the vision of Coruscant from the Star Wars movies.

I am not really a fan of cities, or cars for that matter, after a 12 years stint in Chicago...I saw it and didn't immediately come to the conclusion that its something I'd like to see, but I never forgot it.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I certainly can interpret maybe 50% of what i dream. I live a very serene life now with less and less frustrations.
This is easy if you apply the symbolism theory in to your dream. You don’t have to remember the entire dream and the details, in fact what you will remember will be the essential message of your “self” or “superego” or “soul” whatever you want to call it.
Remember that “conscious awareness” has 2 pool which to dig images from to communicate with you, the memory itself of the physical brain and the collective mind or memory.
This aloud some very exotic and unseen images to materialize in our brain as dreams.
Kacou.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Some of the first dreams I ever had as a child were of planets and 'space bodies' much closer than they appear now. I don't think they were of our system's planets, but there were a few in the sky - one was very close, so close that not all of it could be seen. I also remember the skies were busy with spacecraft, which I assumed at the time were aliens. It looked to me like they had taken over and changed the entire planet. This dream occurred repeatedly and felt very real.

In another recurring dream I experienced an alien invasion where they came and seemingly 'flipped the lights on' and began taking us in droves. While this went on the sky was black yet everything was illuminated with a flat, diffuse, and indirect lighting (slightly brighter than a cloudy day, but no real observable shadows). There were no stars, and the Sun was nowhere to be seen. The world was silent. There was no wind. Everything felt damp and dark. That realistic and utterly unsettling dream/vision eventually led to the creation of this short story - These Dark Worlds.

I also had a dream the night before Kurt Cobain died that a massive earthquake split the US in half, a volcano erupted in the west, and the ocean crept inland to engulf 2/3 of the mainland (oddly enough it had nothing to do with Kurt Cobain). Anyway I've had that dream 2 other times since then.

These dreams, while experiencing them, certainly felt as though it was another reality. Not necessarily the future but another time, another place. Possibly the future or the distant past. By far the most real and horrid dream was the one of the blackened sky, I'll never get over that.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Wow. A very interesting thread. And from what I've read about past-life regressions, these sessions many times bring up future lives. And apparently, we don't live these lives on a linear time-line. In other words, you could have ALREADY lived a future life! Crazy stuff. If we reincarnate, then I suppose it's possible. I guess you could come back at any possible point on a time-line because there are multiple realities existing at one time?

My head hurts.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Graphix10]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I've had "future visions" also, but they are always the most mundane unimportant things. I've seen ppl and places in them that I didnt' know at the time, but have later come to meet and later come to be in these places. Its never relevant, like I could be at a mcdonalds in these dreams, talking about absolutly nothing important. BUT it does come true.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
I certainly can interpret maybe 50% of what i dream. I live a very serene life now with less and less frustrations.
This is easy if you apply the symbolism theory in to your dream. You don’t have to remember the entire dream and the details, in fact what you will remember will be the essential message of your “self” or “superego” or “soul” whatever you want to call it.
Remember that “conscious awareness” has 2 pool which to dig images from to communicate with you, the memory itself of the physical brain and the collective mind or memory.
This aloud some very exotic and unseen images to materialize in our brain as dreams.

This is only 20% about something that comes up in dreams. Most of it is about inadvertent "flashes" in waking life...so Im not connecting it to any theories about dreams...

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graphix10
Wow. A very interesting thread. And from what I've read about past-life regressions, these sessions many times bring up future lives. And apparently, we don't live these lives on a linear time-line. In other words, you could have ALREADY lived a future life! Crazy stuff. If we reincarnate, then I suppose it's possible. I guess you could come back at any possible point on a time-line because there are multiple realities existing at one time?

My head hurts.

The sense that I get from these "flashes" is that they are already happening in some timeline that would seem like "the future" from our perspective...

...and I also get the sense that we could incarnate into any time.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hi Skyfloating, another interesting thread.

I own a book on the subject, called "Future Memory"

www.amazon.ca...

It's a little strange, but the author claims she has experienced Future Memory her whole life, including visions of years of the future at a time. Maybe it's worth checking out. As the Amazon reviews say, the book is largely anecdotal.

I'm not sure if what you experience is future memory, could well be past lives, parallel dimensions. Why do you think they're of the future?

They could be possible timelines "offered" to you, and you could link into them through resonance- See Fred Alan Wolf's writings on the subject. Not so much incarnation, but alignment...

If you wanted to align yourself with these futures it'd probably be best to do it through feelings....

Who knows though? I really have no idea what's going on.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hi Aliens

I´ll check out that book for sure because there really is not much info on this out there.

And yes...to what you said about alignment and feelings.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've had visions...a bit similiar in the respect they are from the future, but I've never seen anything "sci-fi" like flying cars and the such. I've had a few so far, the first starting in middle school. When it happens I'm always awake but I blank out, and I see my surroundings like they will be in another time. Not as if they are not there but... run down, uninhabitable..

It's a bit depressing when I think back but unless my mind is playing a trick on me eh well... either way I still believe I saw something from the future

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's funny that you should name your thread Memories of the Future because I often use this phrase for a similar dejavu type of occurrence that happens to me several times a year.

I often dream about myself being in places or with people that I don't know or haven't met. However, every year I'll be in a particular situation and the light or the clouds or the rain will trigger this 'memory' again and I have know way of understanding it. I always try to recall what happens next and sometimes I'll remember what the person I'm with will say before they do or what will happen in my environment. I wouldn't sam it's me foretelling the future at that moment because I get the information from my dreams.

It isn't exactly like what you're talking about but it is definitely similar. Thanks for making the thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The "skycars" and "cities" in those specific flashes arent like the ones you see in sci-fi...the cities are very small...towns actually (except with city-like buildings) and the cars are very few. The rest is vast green expanse.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aero

Rain does seem to trigger a little bit of it because whatever that place is, it rains a lot.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join