It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories of the Future

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Rain does seem to trigger a little bit of it because whatever that place is, it rains a lot.

Water. That seems to be important.

People seem to be seeing -

In the future - parts of the earth that are now dry are covered with water.
In the future - aliens coupled with a lot of damp, wet, and darkness.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

sounds like you too are a 'Future Throwback'...

which is not being a Futurist, with a command of foresight of likely futurescapes...

no, a Future Throwback, is a type of time-traveler, who was born & lived in a future & was re-born into this present.

an Army buddy from around Morganton, NC told me i was one of those people, but that was back in the day when the movie 'Reefer Madness',
and 'Mary-Jane' were viewed as cult comedies

----------------------------------------------------------------

Rain does seem to trigger a little bit of it because whatever that place is, it rains a lot.

Original reply, Flyers Fan: Water. That seems to be important.

could you be remembering the Archtype 'RainForest', from a distant primeval past...past life...
and intermingling the two time recollections, the Future-Throwback & the Rainforest Eden settings, as a single time-space? when in fact the two life epochs are distinctly seperate but still 'Entangled' ...
in-as-much time is not linear ?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If he is a "future throwback" then what am I? I know I have some crazy moments but when I see something that flashes like that, I like to think something more of it. I don't sit around and imagine doom and gloom all day

Another thought... why would someone be thrown back from the future? Was there something they did to cause it, or are they here to provide insight for the rest of us?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Great thread as always Skyfloating.

I have had odd dreams and occurrences that I too can`t explain. I believe this is why I am so interested in si-fi, predictions and futurist things.

I recently watched a video with Delores Cannon (video). She speaks of past lives and how we are eternal. She also states that we may not always reincarnate as human on earth, that we many also be on different planets.

A lot of what she says makes sense to me, not sure if other share the same opinion.
We as a human population are getting smarter with each generation, why?

I love reading about subjects like this, but if I talk to family and friends about these subjects I come off looking like a wacko.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
could you be remembering the Archtype 'RainForest', from a distant primeval past...past life...
and intermingling the two time recollections, the Future-Throwback & the Rainforest Eden settings, as a single time-space? when in fact the two life epochs are distinctly seperate but still 'Entangled' ...
in-as-much time is not linear ?

Any variation is possible I guess. I´d like more light to be shed on the nature of memories and "thought-pulses" that have nothing whatsoever to do with what one knows...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
[edit on 10-4-2009 by The 5th]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

I attended one of her talks not so long ago, and she has some very good theories, explanations and examples. Alot is familiar with what i think but she puts more of a scientific/alien twist on it.

I have had 'future memories' in dreams, and de ja vu in dreams but not repeated dreams, it is a hard one to explain. Perhaps i need to pay close attention to a possible message?

I also get flashes from seeing the most mundane things in every day life, sometimes which i have seen thousdands of times before, for me there is no trigger or a specific pattern, or perhaps there is and i am just not making a distinct connection.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Seems possible.

The climate could have cmpletely been changed then. Submerged some countries, creating constant rain that would lead to an overflow of fauna...

The conveyor belt thing could be a possibility, considering now we already have connectors that link up two skyscrapers.

Definitely all possibilities. Perhaps... 50 years in the future?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Yeah. I hav weird flashes in dreams too...

You know, this really connects all of us. We're just the special bunch of people with gifts so unique that no one else in our family or in our group of friends can understand. So we come to ATS to find answers, too.

I've got to go check this Delores woman out. Her theories sound promising. If reincarnation really existed, what determines that we will only reincarnate as creatures on this planet?

Very plausible indeed. Thanks Rhain.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Very interesting Skyfloating!

I do have similar experiences which have that specific coming from the future feeling. Some of them are even nostalgic. The most striking though is an image that I have been seeing since I was a child where I walk on a straight road in a desert landscape, the sun has almost set and on the horizon there's a mountain. I get the feeling of purposeful isolation, post-catastrophic state or something like that. I am even drawn by that kind of places/landscapes. I live in Greece and we don't have that kind of landscapes here, but I would see that image even when I was really young.

Other times I see vast, open, plaza-like areas in futuristic cities, music coming from an undefined source, medium-height, sparsely-built, white skyscrapers, connected to each other on the ground level with the same shiny, marble-like material which also forms the gigantic plazas, and this cities are built in nature, but I don't get the feeling that there is any kind of disturbance of nature or human intrusion. There is peaceful and balanced co-existence. I also get the feeling that these cities are not crowded, but have the suitable number of citizens.

Alexandros

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I recall a dream from perhaps the early 1990's.

The first thing I remember was walking down a dirt road towards my house, a house that I will live in. It was a small, single story dwelling, tan (very light tan, almost light-gray like certain sand colors) with a black roof and orange bottle glass window (popular 30-40 years ago if I recall correctly). In the direction I was walking, right after the road made a sharp bend to the left, was my house on the right. All around it on the property were what appeared to be younger fir trees, no lawn, just trees packed around it. The road continued passed my property into the woods.

Across the street on the inner part of the bend was a clearing that was just a result of a wind gust that had knocked down some rather large fir trees about 80 feet by 40 feet. Outside that area huge trees were still standing. My property appeared to have been included in what was toppled and the firs planted as replacements.

The town it was in was remote so I didn't see any major population centers. People had begun to leave nature be for the most part and this particular community was so deep in forest it appeared it wasn't there at all. Back in the direction I had come from was some sort of "gas station" (to the left if going away from the house). Like most developments there, essentially all that was visible was the driveway. There were no above ground cables of any sort.

Despite an outwardly "primitive" appearance, technology had advanced quite remarkably by that time. I do not recall anything about space travel or the like but I do remember being happy about having a really fast optical internet connection in addition the general awareness of the state of things.

The most disturbing aspect of this was that it was after some global catastrophe that had decimated the earth's population to around 500,000,000. Sound familiar? Bear in mind that this was long before I had ever heard of the Georgia Guidestones or even taken interest in the subjects commonly presented on ATS. I do not remember the mechanism of catastrophe though war, disease or a combination of both stand out in my mind.

Mainly I recall that humanity had finally managed to create a best of both worlds scenario where they fully respected and appreciated the planet and at the same time had more technical advancement then they can currently imagine being acutalized. Spirituality and science had ceased to be antagonistic and something new had emerged in synthesis.

However, the price was heavy. While still feeling very good about the turn humanity had taken and the positive changes that had come, I felt a bit guilty that I had survived while most others had not.

[edit on 4/12/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I like this thread because people are discussing this issue in a polite manner.

I don’t know whether what you’ve seen is the future of Earth, but some of my recent studies may be of interest.

We are approaching a great shift, where Earth is ascending from the 3rd dimension through the 4th, to the 5th dimension, where she belongs. As for humanity, there are those who will accept the offer of becoming 5th dimensional, and those who will not; and indeed those who will not meet the criteria anyway.

Therefore over a period of time as people die, they will reincarnate onto another 3rd dimensional planet. There will only be a fraction of the present global population who will become 5th dimensional, so a future vision of Earth will contain fewer people.

The Galactic Federation of Light has previous experience of ascending planets, but Earth is a special case, and something of the jewel in the crown. So, it may not be possible to predict the actual process of how ascension will go, but ascension itself will happen.

Many people walking this planet come from elsewhere, and may have memories of past lives, presently happening events, or memories of the future. Remember, that 3rd dimension time is linear, whereas multidimensional time is of the ‘now’. The past, present and future are in fact the same in a multidimensional environment, but the 3rd dimensional mind can’t understand that.

Ascension of Earth is assured, in progress and of vital significance to not only our own universe, but the whole of Creation. Many people were incarnated here from other planets in the Galactic Federation, with the aim of helping the process of converting us over.

Just imagine if it was decided that the USA had to change to driving on the other side of the road as the UK does. To us that would be an almost impossible task to consider, but converting the whole of our planet to the 5th dimension, with every single person having to be counseled and converted where possible, the mind boggles. That’s the reason why there are so many people from elsewhere, and when the time is appropriate, they will be activated to carry out the tasks they’re here to do.

Maybe some of this will ring a bell with your intuition, that part of your higher mind which can tell whether something is right, even when your mind is uncertain.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just wanted to let you guys know that even though Im not responding Im reading each post with great interest.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Just wanted to let you guys know that even though Im not responding Im reading each post with great interest.

On a related inquiry-- perhaps a topic for a "branch off"-- to me, your threads have interesting topics and are loosely conducted as though they are some type of personal research (or maybe not personal). I feel as though you invite participation and then gather data from the responses-- like a survey, not the same but related.

In that, perhaps I was seeing something from a future time (just to stay firmly on topic).

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i had this weird dream a few years ago that i felt was really important. in the dream, i knew it was the end of the world. everyone was living underground. there was some kind of man-made sun, either that or the sun shown through the ground. the sun was too close to the earth, and that was why we had to go underground. it illuminated everything in the cave or whatever everyone lived in with a dim reddish glow when it was nighttime. i was playing tennis with this older guy who was my tennis coach. this is weird, because when i had this dream i didn't play tennis, and now i do. it wasn't me in the dream, instead i was some girl named tanya i think. the courts were bathed in that weird reddish glow. the next day in the dream, i was with my friend. we all had these microchips in our heads that let us travel through time a few minutes, to the future or the past by jumping back or forward a certain way. the reddish glow was gone, because it was now daylight. i tried to use the chip, and went back like 2 seconds, and my friend got all mad at me and said i shoudln't do that because i didn't have many chances left. supposedly you only got however many chances to use the chip? i didn't listen to her, and then one day i tried to do it but i realized i had run out of chances. it was probably the weirdest dream i ever had.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yes, there's more than a desire to chat. The desire to check up on the status of mass-consciousness in relation to various subjects. ATS has some pretty interesting minds.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I remember seeing a map of the USA on the wall in the basement. It's different then now. A large swath of the gulf had come inland, taking out San Antonio and Dallas. It was all underwater for good.

Dallas is in North Central Texas and on somewhat higher ground than the majority of East Texas. If Dallas was underwater, the vast majority of East Texas would be as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Last night was very surreal, and maybe even 'weird' although i don't like that term.

Really is patchy at the mo, i need to keep on top of my journal more but so far all i can remember is -

I had aged by a couple of years, and im skipping a whole section of the dream here from being somwhere outside, doing something, im sorry it is as blurry as that, to being at the end of this dream, in a dark bedroom. It wasn't my own, i can remember almost feeling like a guest in this strange room.

I was watching a screen in the wall and it was the end of the programme. At the end of this programme, i saw what was the title, someones name and role, almost like a job title, and underneath that it said Alias - Skyfloating. Then underneath that there were a further two 'professionals' with titles, and some more information about this programme and something else. These were being displayed almost like credits at the end of a show would be, but also like a main feature, sorry if that does not make sense, im struggling to word all of this.

I was very reluctant to post this as i have no real memory of it, apart from what was mentioned. It sounds almost trivial, and would make sense that i dreamed of this because i read the thread a few days ago, and thats a sound theory but at the time, it seemed so important, and i know there was alot more to this. Had i chose not to go back to sleep after waking up from this which i now regret lol, im sure i could of shared more information.

Anyway i thought it still may be worth a share.

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The 5th

Sounds like your dream mixed with your memory of this thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Interesting!

I've always been interested in the dreamworld. In my experience dreams often 'feel' more real and intense than actually being awake.

Not sure if you're artistic at all but have you ever tried drawing / painting the scenery from your dreams? You seem to have quite vivid recollections about the surroundings you encounter, perhaps it's worth to give it a try?

Anyways, interesting story, thanks for sharing!!

EDIT:
Ow... I just saw that this is actually quite an old and inactive thread.
Thanks for the bump though, nice read

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Mokoman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join