It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories of the Future

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You may already know what I'm about to explain, Sky, but what you're talking about sound very familiar to me. In my younger days, I was very actively Christian, and was very interested in the creation/evolution debate. There was a concept there that always fascinated me, and more recent research on it now that I have the internet has given me more information about it. There is a theory that originally, Earth was enveloped in a layer of dense water vapour. It never rained, because there was always a high enough level of water vapour for plantlife to thrive everywhere, and the heat of the sun was evenly distributed all over the earth. It allowed plants and animals to grow to enourmous sizes, as the water vapour would also have been oxygen rich. The existence of the water vapour also goes a way to explain why dinosaurs seemed to have such small lungs, far smaller than they'd need to survive in today's atmosphere. Then, presumably at the time of the global flood that so many ancient civilisations speak of, something caused that canopy to collapse onto the earth, perhaps an asteroid hit that was so big that it popped the canopy like a souffle. As the Bible says, the floodgates of heaven would have opened, as this vast layer of water vapour fell to earth. My own belief is that with now too much water on the surface of the earth, and the loss of the heat spreading qualities of the water canopy, an ice age hit that never fully ended, and much of that water is now slowly melting at the caps. I believe that this planet was never meant to have polar ice because at full operating levels, we should be covered with a water gas canopy that would even out the sun's rays.

Could the current rise in natural disasters be a result of the earth's "water canopy engine" starting to rumble back into action, now that the ice is almost completely melted? We still have all the water on earth from back then, if whatever held the canopy in place started up again, all our predictions of doom and gloom could be absolutely wrong, and your future vision may come true. We may once again have a garden of eden type existence, with a regulated temperature globally.

In the Bible (for a lapsed christian, I quote the Bible a lot, don't I), we're told that when we have the new earth and new heaven (sky) that there will be no sea.

Your future memories sound a lot like you're accessing the Akashic Record. I've been researching and experimenting a lot with the Akashic Record myself, and I believe I've had some interesting results. I'd love to chat with you about it sometime if you're interested, Skyfloating.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by TheIrvy]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

There are other scenes, timelines and realities, but for now I'd only like to ask if anyone else is familiar with these "flashes from other times".

"Flashes from other times"... yes.
I have a scatter of discrete images (or maybe I should say, they "have" me), with very defined - and strong! - emotions attached to them.

Some are totally illogical: the person that lived them (?) clearly could not be me, the person who I am, when I am, where I am.
And yet, the feelings are as if they pertained to ME, very intimately.

And then, there is a recondite intuition of ME, of our family, living a gloriously happy life right here... and yet not here.

I haven't had that one in a very long time; it feels as if that I and my present I had slowly drifted apart - so apart that I cannot even sense "her" anymore.

It first appeared in my early twenties, I think.
I did nothing to invite it: no fantasising, no daydreaming - it just appeared, of its own accord, deep in the heart of me.

I believe that unseen "sight" was what got me interested in the idea of parallel lifetimes. Long before I ever heard of Everett's theory I already had this secret thought, too preposterous to even think it through: it was a secret that I kept even from myself.
[It's not that I ever censored my thoughts - far from it. It's just that the idea of possible multiple timelines wasn't compatible with the direction of my exploration at the time - mostly because I had never heard of such an idea having been formulated. The moment I heard about Everett and his (by then quite old) idea - I'll always remember the dinner party when that happened (at a philosopher's home, in his kitchen, to be precise - where else?
) - my secret intuition quickly began to crystallise into a thought.

But I must say, I often miss the times when it was unspoken, like a secret and fragrant garden, tucked deep inside of me.]

To paraphrase Woody Allen (and let's hope he visits this site, so he can steal this
):
I have such beautiful memories... Pity they aren't mine.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Sorry, I wrote all of that and forgot to mention my own flashes. I've had several flashes myself, very different from day dreams, I wasn't leading the story at all, and it wasn't like I was watching a movie in my head. I would get images flashing in my head, but they'd be accompanied by emotions, and memories similar to when you have a dream and have memories inside that dream where you know things relating to the dream imagery.

I saw myself post 2012, and had memories of what had happened, how I had survived, and what my role was in the "present". The whole experience was accompanied by an immensely powerful emotion that I can't consciously remember feeling before, but at the same time it was very familiar. I don't have a name for the emotion, the closest I can come to describing it is "the complete and total knowledge that no harm can or will come to me". The flashes occurred over the course of a day, during which I was very calm, relaxed, it was summer time, and I spent my day either sitting in my chair by the computer, or wandering around the garden having a smoke. Also mixed in where flashes of my early childhood, pre-school. I remembered my dad coming home from a trip to Germany when I wasn't even 2 years old (I know because we moved out of that house on my second birthday. I've never had any other memories of that house), and I remember the emotions I felt when he arrived home, I even remember that he arrived home early in the day, and I distinctly remember the red car he bought me, and the amazement I felt as he let go of it and the toy drove across the floor to me.

I believe that our memories and dreams are not stored in our head, but are all stored in the Akashic Record, and we each have access to our own memories, but we've got the free, limited access accounts. Could I have experienced a "one day trial" of a higher access? Were the memories of early childhood given alongside memories of things I've not seen yet in order to validate them - give me something I shouldn't remember so clearly, but can verify with my parents, to show me I can trust the non-doom and gloom vision of the future?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain

We as a human population are getting smarter with each generation, why?

This would be perfectly consistent with Sheldrake's concept of morphogenetic fields (and other analogous ideas): knowledge is cumulative; every individual's experience naturally and unavoidably joins the common "pool" of experience and knowledge - thus enriching the knowledge and experience of future generations that draw from it.

But ARE "we"getting smarter?
Is that an actual fact? Are there any studies that demonstrate it?
What does "smarter" mean - and how is it measured?

(I am not being argumentative: these are genuine questions.
)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens
Hi Skyfloating, another interesting thread.

I own a book on the subject, called "Future Memory"

www.amazon.ca...

It's a little strange, but the author claims she has experienced Future Memory her whole life, including visions of years of the future at a time. Maybe it's worth checking out. As the Amazon reviews say, the book is largely anecdotal.

I'm not sure if what you experience is future memory, could well be past lives, parallel dimensions. Why do you think they're of the future?

They could be possible timelines "offered" to you, and you could link into them through resonance- See Fred Alan Wolf's writings on the subject. Not so much incarnation, but alignment...

If you wanted to align yourself with these futures it'd probably be best to do it through feelings....

Who knows though? I really have no idea what's going on.

Awesome book, I borrowed this just recently from the local library. I love it!!!!

Anyway, I I haven't had this happen to me for any future lives but I have for the future in the present life I am living. I even think I had mad a connection from myself around the present to my past self and changed an event in my past, it must've been something tragic, as I have tried to change it back several times but can't so I think it is triggered by some very strong emotion, which would explain why you conected to that future self and maybe you can change the outcome, maybe it's supposed to change, the emotion would certainly be strong enough. Maybe there's another way out keep your eyes peeled when reliving this event and maybe you will see another way out of it. JMO.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
haha i think that means the ats member skyfloating is going to rule the world someday.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Its an intriguing idea but I think in the end its likely just your imagination. I know it happens without purposely imagining it but the imagination can work spontaneously. Images, ideas, whole scenes can come flying in unabated, unwanted and unimagined. I've had similar experiences myself, I'll be sitting somewhere minding my own business when flashes of images foreign to me will come in and people I've never seen before will be in them. I always assumed it was because I'm a writer and I let my imagination do whatever it wants and often times whole scenes, characters, dialogues, etc will just appear fully formed in my mind.

Could this be a future life memory? If time is as meaningless as some say and the Universe is infinite I don't 100% rule out the idea that you are recalling a future life but we have to look at it skeptically, we can't just assume it is paranormal when their are other options.

Try to write down what happens in your mind, what you see, feel, hear each time this happens and perhaps common threads will start to emerge or if each time it happens it gives you a different random result. I think writing it down will help you get to the bottom of what is really happening

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join