It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16s Tracking Stolen Cessna

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
CNN is reporting the idenity of the man.

(CNN)-Federal, state and local authorities launched a manhunt for the pilot, who was identified by the FBI as Yavuz Burke, 31, a native of Turkey who became a Canadian citizen last year. He was formerly known as Adam Leon, though officials did not indicate a reason for the name change.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yeah, like Dick Cheney's repeated order to stand down?

Following an illegal order is illegal in and of itself.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I picked the wrong day ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d425ced5138.jpg[/atsimg]

Zaphod if I may ask, what is the threshold for the command to be given to shoot a civilian plane down?

What I mean is, is there a protocol in place or is it a judgment call by the commanding officer, the president, or someone else?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

That isn't enough to discredit the argument.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The *cough* chase lasted hours. I would have shot down the plane after he looked at me, and continued on his way. oops, my finger touched the trigger. Sensitive little button

Glad they caught him, like I said before, he cant be Canadian. We love Americans, and have respect for your military, you dont Fxxx with F16s.

He must have met a really hot girl on myspace and just HAD to see her asap

link   
reply to post by Leto

$500,000.00? it's funny how we have a total figure on the cost of this before we have other important information.
Sure i don't want to have to pay for it and neither do you, but this was the last thing on my mind

link   
CNN reported that a suicide note was found in Canada? Does that make any sense? If he intended to commit suicide, why did he put the plane down safely, and then try to escape on foot?

How long before the Taliban Leader who threatened the attack on DC claims this guy as one of his own? He attempted to do so after the shootings in NY last Friday.

Strange times, indeed.

link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

The Alert Force was concentrated in the Southern portion of the US. There were no Stand Down orders to the alert fighters, they were in air, and they were flying over Washington and New York. They weren't scrambled until too late to get there, even if they dashed.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I want to improve relations with Turkey.

"Damn those Turkish bastards won't LET ME improve relations."

I want to stop lobbyist involvement in DC.

"Damn those lobbyists are everywhere."

I want to stop earmarks.

"Damn there are 900 pages of earmarks in my spending bill."

- Yeah, false flag.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
CNN reported that a suicide note was found in Canada? Does that make any sense? If he intended to commit suicide, why did he put the plane down safely, and then try to escape on foot?

How long before the Taliban Leader who threatened the attack on DC claims this guy as one of his own? He attempted to do so after the shootings in NY last Friday.

Strange times, indeed.

Sometimes suicidal people write suicide notes only to decide at the last second that they want to live.

link   

Alright, I'll drop the 9-11 parallels here for I fear the topic isn't moved sufficiently enough in that direction.

Soon enough the off topic removals will come otherwise...

Just sayin...

You know what the next line would be.

link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I want to improve relations with Turkey.

"Damn those Turkish bastards won't LET ME improve relations."

I want to stop lobbyist involvement in DC.

"Damn those lobbyists are everywhere."

I want to stop earmarks.

"Damn there are 900 pages of earmarks in my spending bill."

- Yeah, false flag.

Well you certainly have put together a solid argument.

If you are trying to prove your own insanity

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Possible test run for a future terrorist attack?

One never knows these daze.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ultimately the decision is made by the President. There are two Air Force generals that can make the decision if the President or one of his deputies isn't available. If the plane takes a threatening action towards one of the fighters, then the pilots have the option to fire, usually a warning shot across the nose, but they can shoot it down as a last resort.

The decision to shoot the plane down is an absolute last resort decision, and isn't made lightly.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
ok here we go
Ross says the plane is a long-range version of a Cessna 172. It was fully fueled, giving it about seven hours of flying time.
link

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No, the light decisions are the ones that are made in regards to dropping bombs on schools after the President, or in the other case, the Vice President, has neglected to make that decision...
Or hospitals.

(Sorry, had to get that poke in there.)

PS - Interesting the guy was a Turkish naturalized Canadian.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the information.

I'm just surprised that F-16s can fly slow enough without stalling to stay with a Cessna.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

You take your sorry butt up in a fighter, let everyone start shooting at you, and see if YOU can do a better job than they have. Until you do, you have no right to say anything about their performance.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I bet that this guy decided to go for a joy ride. Once in the air, he probably didn't even realize he entered US air space until two F-16 Fighting Falcons were along side of him. Then he probably panicked, couldn't figure out how to communicate, or didn't know what to say, and is in a panic right now counting the ways he ruined his life.

Edit to add, this is better than Harold and Kumar go to Gitmo.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

How about being on the ground with incoming mortar and 7.62?
Would that suffice?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join