It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mandatory Volunteerism "(the Give Act HR1444) gov forced slavery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Part of Obama's "Yes We Can " was never thought to be the forfront

to Yes we can return slavery.

This bill ALREADY passed in the House, is now in front of the Senate. The

2 videos are about Bill 1444 , the 2nd vid is a official presentation, the 1st a layman's (err woman's) interpretation of said Act.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Seany]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
sad, it is just sad. I am not American (thank god, no insult intended) but I think that this *cough* bill is completely Un American. I dont trust myself to say more, since I will start ranting and raving about the power of the elite.

Good luck brothers and sisters

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
After discussing the madatory and volunteerism are two separate ideas, and the history previous to the civil war, and the lives that were lost for freedom, the woman in the first video ends it with saying that she finds it ironic that we have our first African American President and he wants to reinstate slavery.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Told you guys already obama needs 100 million gang stalkers to haress the other 200 million.

Big money in destroying lifes. Big government. Just imagine some of the types wanting to perve into peoples lifes and run it, when they cannot tie there own shoe lace. Scum

Europe is already there.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It is not like slavery, since it will be giving back, and helping to restore the economy. I don't mind volunteering to help my country at all, not one bit.

It also adds to a students education, which is a great benefit. It is extremely difficult for some families to put their kids through college, that is assuming tht the parents are helping at all. And even with all of the government assistance in place, the money for books usually comes out of you pocket eventually after your grants run out. That is if you don't have scholarships. though you can petition to get your calgrant etc. renewed. It is still a struggle. Anything helps in terms of education assistance.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

So when Obama and Co tell you your spending your summer planting trees

Your gonna whistle while you work

YA RIGHT

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If its mandatory, then its forced labor, and it is indeed slavery. Truly this the difference.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Sorry but this is not a bad idea. Mst college students are receiving federal grants or loans to go to school and only a small percentage ever graduate. A high percentage of them also default on the loans and never pay them back. Requiring them to earn what they get and decide whether college is just a place to play around for a few years is an EXCELLENT idea, especially now that aide is not available to a lot of people who need it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vyrtigo
It is not like slavery, since it will be giving back, and helping to restore the economy. I don't mind volunteering to help my country at all, not one bit.

. . .

the cotton fields helped the economy as well, back in the 1800's.
They were giving back.

Mandatory Volunteer . . . oxymoron?

Screw that crap

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
In ireland you have to go do something like this if your a year on benefits. It is 1 week working and 1 week off. It handy, and it will get you out working and doing something other than laying around.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Mandatory Volunteerism????

Didn't we abolish that in 1865?

"Ladies and Gentleman we have 'rescued you from your Savage African life and we will teach you about Jesus, cloth you and house you ....all you have to do it provide service for our agricultural enterprises. "

No Volunteerism must be a choice, it can not be mandated...once mandated volunteerism turns into FORCED LABOR aka slavery.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vyrtigo

It also adds to a students education, which is a great benefit. It is extremely difficult for some families to put their kids through college, that is assuming tht the parents are helping at all. And even with all of the government assistance in place, the money for books usually comes out of you pocket eventually after your grants run out. That is if you don't have scholarships. though you can petition to get your calgrant etc. renewed. It is still a struggle. Anything helps in terms of education assistance.

I am so tired of this phrase"giving back " being thrown around willy nilly. To give back you must have received something. It is properly used by someone who was terribly down on his luck and some benevolent group helped him. They after becoming successful he returns the favor, aka giving bak.

On the other the hand the majority of us make it along in the world just fine with hard work and tenacity. We choose to give time or talent or money ...but we are not giving back...we never took anything in the first place.

I didn't even go to public school...so I never took anything...but the charity I do I do because I want to help.

Forced labor is not giving back. The constitution is very clear about this. A man is entitled to the fruits of his labor and the state has no right to it. My private schools required service hours, but that was to teach us charity, not a payback.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Gotta set the record straight here. The GIVE act is HR 1388 and did pass the House and Senate. They are currently working out the details before this goes to Obama for his big old X on the line.

The content of HR 1444 was in the first version of HR 1388 and was subsequently removed at some point and put into its own proposal (HR 1444 Congressional Commission on Civic Service Act. ). Sneaky backdoor legislation.

HR 1444 has not passed yet in the House or Senate. HR 1444 if it passes will create a commission that will study the "benefits" of volunteerism and national service. This bill discusses the probability of making the GIVE Act mandatory. This is the INDOCTRINATION part of the bill that has me worried.

5) The effect on the Nation, on those who serve, and on the families of those who serve, if all individuals in the United States were expected to perform national service or were required to perform a certain amount of national service.
(6) Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.
(7) The need for a public service academy, a 4-year institution that offers a federally funded undergraduate education with a focus on training future public sector leaders.
(8) The means to develop awareness of national service and volunteer opportunities at a young age by creating, expanding, and promoting service options for primary and secondary school students and by raising awareness of existing incentives.
(9) The effectiveness of establishing a training program on college campuses to recruit and educate college students for national service.

www.govtrack.us...

[edit on 6-4-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I didnt mean to mislead , it still involves the basics of what I said, maybe the dateline on my vid was behind , ITS not good either way

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Personally since this is tax dollars and therefore they answer to us, I'd rather see Finland's solution of all eduction post secondary being completely covered like high school is. In no way shape or form does our tax dollars being spent properly on us, the citizens, as it should be, in superlative programs give them, our employees, any say or ownership on mandatory works, slavery, of the empoyer's group! Thats us.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Mandatory Volunteerism?
Isn't this an oxymoron -

Come on folks.
This is mandatory service -
at the request of the government -
to be used by the government.

That is what this is.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Actually its called the To Give Act

Promblem is , Your going to be told Where and When to give

LAND OF THE FREE

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here we go again we have two threads running on this already. And yes H.R. 1444 is to start a "study" of of the effects of making this required servitude.

I will ask you to refer to the thirteenth amendment of the United States Constitution.

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime where of the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

The other two threads have some very interesting points I would suggest you guys read them for very interesting views.

www.abovetopsecret.com

www.abovetopsecret.com

H.R. 1388

H.R. 1444

[edit on 6-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Gotta love the Orwellian name .. Give Act

top topics

join