It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids not mentioned in the Bible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Isaiah 19: 19,20 talks of an altar of witness to the Lord in the Last days. This altar is situated in the midst of Egypt but is also at the border of Egypt. There is only one spot on earth that this can be. The Great Pyramid is in the midst of Egypt but it also marks the ancient border of Upper and Lower Egypt. In the Hebrew, there are 30 words in this text. when you add up all the numerical values of the text the value is 5449. The Great Pyramid is 5449 sacred inches high. Coincidence?

The above text, which you did not enclose as an external source, is one of the most plagiarized paragraphs in reference to Isaiah. The interesting thing about that text is that no one claims it as an external reference, but everyone seems to copy it, as if it is theirs.

You can find the exact wording of that text in over 1200 websites, each one not citing the text as coming from somewhere else. That is 1200 cases of plagiarism, or more appropriately, 1200 sites that have no real explanation for that Biblical verse, and have resorted to something akin to Hoagland and his "hyper dimensional" nonsense.

Regardless, such "numerical" explanations are regarded by most biblical scholars as pure non-sense. You can take any two completely unrelated numbers and connect them by choosing an algorithm that connects the two. Adding the "numerical values of the text" and connecting it to the "scared inches" is really stretching things to fit a theory.

If you believe in God's word, then you should believe that if God wanted people to know something, He would not compose such an obscure form. If you don't believe God's word, then why bother looking for a theory to fit a text which you believe has no meaning. Either way, such theories are non-sequiturs.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Looks like this thread isn't about the pyramids and possible references to the pyramids found in scripture after all.

The bible discreditors have surfaced, which means I know where this thread is about to descend to.

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
The above text, which you did not enclose as an external source, is one of the most plagiarized paragraphs in reference to Isaiah. The interesting thing about that text is that no one claims it as an external reference, but everyone seems to copy it, as if it is theirs.

The information is worth looking at and sharing. I paraphrased and I gave the link to the source where I found it. Sorry if that isn't good enough, but everyone does the same.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The bible discreditors have surfaced,

On the contrary. I believe that the Bible is the word of God. I don't believe God uses nonsensical codes to relay His message. No serious biblical scholar would entertain such non-sense. It is akin to the "Bible Code", another theory of pure nonsense.

It is theories like those presented by the plagiarized text you took, as your own, which detract from the book of God's word.

Isaiah does not refer to the pyramids, and that IS in keeping with the discussion of the OP.

As to researching the Bible, I have over 40 years of research in it, and don't pretend to have all the answers, but I can tell you that no respected Biblical scholar takes such numerical nonsense seriously.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Isaiah 19: 19,20 talks of an altar of witness to the Lord in the Last days. This altar is situated in the midst of Egypt but is also at the border of Egypt. There is only one spot on earth that this can be. The Great Pyramid is in the midst of Egypt but it also marks the ancient border of Upper and Lower Egypt. In the Hebrew, there are 30 words in this text. when you add up all the numerical values of the text the value is 5449. The Great Pyramid is 5449 sacred inches high. Coincidence?

www.prepare-ye-the-way.com...

The OP made some reasonable observations, and I am offering to do some research. To my knowledge, the OP is not trying to debunk the bible. If that's the case, I'm outta here, because I "deny ignorance".

I did mention it originally, but I'd like to make it crystal clear that I am in no way, shape or form attempting to de-bunk The Holy Bible! I am personally for the Bible and would appreciate that nobody try to derail the original subject of this thread.

My inquiry is for my own curiosity and has nothing to do with discrediting anything, especially this book. I am aware that Pyramids may be referred to by alternate labels, but I have been unable to locate any? I am not an expert on biblical text which is why I am asking here.

Save the attacks on my motives and please resist any attempts at derailing my thread. I am asking for help in understanding a subject of interest to me, that's all. I have no agenda other than personal knowledge and further understanding of this great book. That is all.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

If you believe in God's word, then you should believe that if God wanted people to know something, He would not compose such an obscure form. If you don't believe God's word, then why bother looking for a theory to fit a text which you believe has no meaning. Either way, such theories are non-sequiturs.

I believe in God's word, but I don't believe you are qualified to tell me what I should believe about God. That is rather self arrogating of you don't you think?

I believe in God's word and was not looking for a theory to fit a text that has no meaning. That is a self arrogating assumption on your part again.

I was simply trying to add to the topic of this thread and demonstrate that there are possible references in the bible concerning the pyramids and that there are biblical scholars, such as Dr. Gene Scott that have studied the pyramids. Is that ok with you? Or shall I run all my posts through "your Majesty" in U2U before I post?

[edit on 6/4/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst

Save the attacks on my motives and please resist any attempts at derailing my thread. I am asking for help in understanding a subject of interest to me, that's all. I have no agenda other than personal knowledge and further understanding of this great book. That is all.

Peace.

Hey, I'm trying to help you man. If you look over my posts, it's not me trying to derail this thread. I was simply saying if this is going to turn into a bible debunking thread then I'm gone. I did say it was you doing that.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The bible discreditors have surfaced,

On the contrary. I believe that the Bible is the word of God. I don't believe God uses nonsensical codes to relay His message. No serious biblical scholar would entertain such non-sense. It is akin to the "Bible Code", another theory of pure nonsense.

It is theories like those presented by the plagiarized text you took, as your own, which detract from the book of God's word.

Isaiah does not refer to the pyramids, and that IS in keeping with the discussion of the OP.

As to researching the Bible, I have over 40 years of research in it, and don't pretend to have all the answers, but I can tell you that no respected Biblical scholar takes such numerical nonsense seriously.

My comment was not addressed to you. Go back and look. It was a general post, and I did not replying to anyone in particular. You are not new here, so you should no better than to take someone's comment out of context and respond as though it had been meant for you.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Please get off your high horse. I took nothing as my own. I gave a link to the source.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
OK, I am going to link a very strange and intriguing site.

www.scribd.com...

By using the measurements of the Great Pyramid and the Bible, this book overcomes the boundaries of this modern computerized world. The writer uses the Templars method to uncover and calculate distance and time.

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
OK, I am going to link a very strange and intriguing site.

www.scribd.com...

By using the measurements of the Great Pyramid and the Bible, this book overcomes the boundaries of this modern computerized world. The writer uses the Templars method to uncover and calculate distance and time.

Enjoy

Thanks,

the link I posted has info about this but not as detailed as your find. I am going to check it out thoroughly.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I apologize for the confusion. Only the first part explaining I'm not debunking the Bible was directed towards you. The rest was meant for everyone.

I know you are helping me, which is why I wanted to clarify. Thank you, it's much appreciated!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
i found the word "images" to be translated from the hebrew "mastebahs" so i have no doubt the pyramids are mentioned in the old testament. king james english ...well it can be less than revealing

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst
I apologize for the confusion. Only the first part explaining I'm not debunking the Bible was directed towards you. The rest was meant for everyone.

I know you are helping me, which is why I wanted to clarify. Thank you, it's much appreciated!

I thought that might be what you intended. I just wasn't sure. It was getting late and I was getting some flack from a few gnats that think they know it all and one accusing me of plagiarizing when in fact he did the same thing with the information contained in his first post.

I never looked into whether the pyramids are mentioned in the bible, so I find this to be an interesting topic. I have, however, watched Dr.Gene Scott teach on the subject for a few years, but that was at least 15 years ago.

I hope this topic takes off and we get some more contributors to the cause, without the typical irritants that accuse, attack, disrupt, confuse, abuse, and side track.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Exd 23:24 Thou shalt not bow down 7812 to their gods 430, nor serve 5647 them, nor do 6213 after their works 4639: but thou shalt utterly 2040 overthrow 2040 them, and quite 7665 break down 7665 their images 4676.

4676 "images"

matstsebah
1) pillar, mastaba, stump

a) pillar

1) as monument, personal memorial

2) with an altar

b) (Hoph) stock, stump (of tree)

www.blueletterbible.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I like this thread but really, why do some people need to post three and four times in a row, and with one-line responses? Here's a thought: Go away for 24 hours, frame your responses to all posters, then write one post. Yeah.

Okay, well the reason I like threads like this is because the OP is asking, "Why is this blind spot here in history?" and THAT is the most important thing any of us can ask. We've all been lied to over the course of history, and anyone who doesn't agree has no place on ATS unless they are an obfuscator.

I have little interest in cover-stories, yet I find myself seeing them everywhere. Yet "conspiracy theorists" are nutters, right?

Well, the total lack of Egyptian references in the bible is very telling. Also the role of Joseph, an Egyptian 'outsider' who saved Egypt. Certainly this person would have been hated by the ruling (and failing) Amun priesthood.

North and South seem to be Egyptian terms but notice how they are inverted in that North Egypt is up-Nile and South is down-Nile? That's the way river people think everywhere. But now tie this idea to that of the Star of David, which is actually two pyramids superimposed upon one another in different directions. Can we really say that "As above, so below" is a phrase limited just to Jacob's Ladder or Kabbalah or occult?

One thing's for sure: When you read today's bible, you are not really left with a question as to how to think. The concluding point of this book, The Bible, is that only via the lamb of God (peaceful one) can people survive. I'd say that the Egyptian references had to go, because like Freud surmised, these Jewish people needed to continue their "killing of the father" in the sense that they "killed" Moses by hiding him from history. This is only magnifying their guilt for conspiring against the Lamb of God during Jesus' day. Same thing today: Non-violent non-Israel-supporting Jews are sidelined. War versus Peace is the pivot of Yuya versus Hatshepsut, or Amun versus Aten, Sun versus Dark, Judah versus Israel, etc, etc.

With the discovery of Amarna in the 1800s and of Yuya's tomb in 1905, things changed quick for the whole world and it triggered the first world war, imo. After that, the second shoe to drop was the tomb of Tut and then Freud's book Moses and Monotheism, that the greatest bloodletting on Earth was performed (WW2 also called The Hemoclysm) ..Wasn't there a religious ideology at the center of that war? I see these events as being related to both the Pyramids and The Bible and also the religious leaders and warmongers of the last century.

So the truth is that the Nazi's identified Jews by placing the inverted Pyramids (Star of David) on them. They did this while also executing these (and other heretics against Romish-Italian-Germanic Popism) and simultaneously working with Zionists who then took Global-fascism to the next level, after Hitler.

I wonder if any bible scribes ever scribbled symbols in the margins of their texts? Sadly, I'm guessing they were not permitted to do so.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by lunarminer

This document could have been re-written hundreds of times before it became what we know today as the modern version (King James).

Just a thought....

~Keeper

Hey Keeper;

Change "could have been" to "was" in your above sentence, and you have nailed it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by lunarminer

Well you know, it could also be evidence that the Bible was simply created by the Romans in order to enslave a population. There are multiple examples of things that were left out, which should not have been.

Your speculation, assumption, hypothesis, theory, or whatever you want to call it does nothing to help.

In fact, it does.

If it's fiction, it need not mention any real landmarks, or it can take poetic license with the ones it does mention. Oh wait. That's exactly what it does. My bad.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UrsusMajor

Mizraim (Hebrew: מִצְרַיִם / מִצְרָיִם, Standard Mitzráyim Tiberian Miṣrāyim / Miṣráyim ; cf. Arabic مصر, Miṣr) is the Hebrew name for the land of Egypt, with the dual suffix -āyim, perhaps referring to the "two Egypts": Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt.

en.wikipedia.org...

the info is there, just have to find the etymology. same as any other historical place impacting more than one culture or language.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It is nice to see Isaiah was brought forward, and despite the contrary commentaries, this is exactly what is being discussed.

Isaiah 19 is about Egypt.

And verse 16 thru to 25 is Prophesy about God's, (YES GOD'S) blessed people, Egypt.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by SRG007]

[edit on 6-4-2009 by SRG007]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join