It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids not mentioned in the Bible?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I tried to edit this in the prior twice, but hey, crap happens.

I noted some concerns about the Exodus was brought up, and I would respectfully suggest any wishing to get the timeline working better, take an couple of hours on April 12th at 1PM and watch THE EXODUS DECODED, by Simcha Jacobovici, with James Cameron hosting the presentation.

Anyhow

Ciao

Shane

P.S. I do believe dear Dr Scott is discussing things indepth with Enoch, and getting a first person account of the construction he oversaw on the Giza Plateau. Last time I tried his Site, it was closed due to his passing.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
One tie to ancient activity is the Rosetta Stone that would most
likely help in finding stories of the Pyramids.

Yet probably would not help in verifying any bible stories except
perhaps who the Queen of Sheba was.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SRG007

Thanks for the tip, I'll Tivo it.

April 12th, "Exodus Decoded"

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Time frames...The Hebrews were most likely based down near Thebes which is a good 2 days travelling from where the pyramids are. That's if they were in Egypt at all and we arent talking about Akhenaton's 'exodus' to Tel El Amarna from Thebes, (no i dont think he's moses, but I thought I'd throw that in)

If they didn't see them, why mention them? They had no religious or cultural significance to the Jewish clans. The old capital was Memphis which is under an hourish drive north of Cairo and the new kingdom capital was Thebes down south. If they were 'slaves' for the pharoah they would not have been near the pyramids.

Also those who say that 'mastaba's mentioned can be the pyrmids in the bible. A mastaba was a internment stone slab about a foot or 2 high, used primarliy in the Old kingdom well before the torah was being passed down verbally. Some argue that the idea of a pyramid developed from the 'mastaba'. The main correlation they have is that they are both above ground structures for burying the dead. They are not the pyramids so you should discount this from your discussions

[edit on 7-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I hear ya

For me I don't put much faith in the old testament as far as an accurate story of history. I think that by the time the stories which are from all over the cradle of civilization and not just from the Hebrew faith were finally written down in the earliest form of the bible after being passed down by word of mouth for generations could be way off.

Sort of like when we were kids and played telephone and being a giant game of telephone, the stories at the end are way off than from the beginning. You know being passed down through the generations and of course the ones telling the stories can always make it out as if they were the good guys and so on.

So the time lines could also be off.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

Hiya Slayer!!
The hebrew word tradition is actually considered quite strong. IN the old days you had to learn to recite it word for word.

The Great Isaiah Scroll of the Qumran community. This scroll (which has been named by scholars as "Q") is dated at 100 BC. Best known as the Dead sea scrolls. Whilst it is debatable what this community was and what they followed in terms of scripture, their writtings highlight something important.

Although there are many differences between the Scroll and the Masoretic text or the Tanakh, whatever you want to call it....After all textual differences are looked at like spelling and addition of a vowel or number (and these could have been simple human errors or the Aramaic dialect translation, Q is pretty much the same as the received text of the Book of Isaiah that we now read st James Bible.

One of the oldest written Torahs was about a 1000 years later and again other than it had no vowels and other punctuation or grammatical differences, it too is very very similar Isiah to the Q text.

Leningrad Codex, part of the (Allepo Codex ) a fully vocalized manuscript, believed to follow a memorised tradition that goes back nearly 2,000 years to Tiberias. The handwritten Torah scroll has only the letters of the words and no vowels points or other marks, are permitted on parchment. This Codex is often the guide for all future handwritten Torahs and printed editions of the Bible. and it's 1100 years old. Cheers Zazz

[edit on 7-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
One of the bible does talk about the pyramids, but I can't remember which one. O wells...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

The bible is myth, used to subjugate the Goyim. A zeitgeist debunking of it is much needed. Moses was lifted from the character of Sargon the Great, 10 Commandments were stolen from Babylonian Hammurabi stele. there was no hebrew Exodus from Egypt. It is the myth of the Hyksos tribe fleeing, not jews. The current Israelis are not even jewish- they are from the Magog caucasus region of Russia, known as Khazaria.

The Creation? Read Sumerian epic of Gilgamesh.

"Israel" is an anagram meaning- Is- Isis, Ra- the Sun god Akhenaton, El- the gods plural from Elohim. Then the misnamed "Star of David".... No such thing in the Torah. The six sided star is the Seal of Solomon adopted from withcraft during the Babylonian captivity. It is the hexagrammatron- the most evil, potent malignant force in black magic. Yahweh condemned it, but the Pharisees clung to it and it became part of the Cabbalah, then the Rothschild family crest. Since the Rothschilds paid for Israel's founding in 1948, they got it put on the flag. Most jews at the time were outraged, and had wanted the menorah instead. The two blue stripes symbolize the "from the Nile to the Euphrates", their mythical 'promised land.'

All just as false as their claims of WMDs in Iraq.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by synthesizer]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by synthesizer

can you point out the place in the Hammurabi stele where the 10 commandments were copied from? here's a link to it.
www.kchanson.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.scribd.com...
Book the great pyramid and the the bible.

Reading isn't my thing lol
But the book look's like the answer is in it somewhere lol

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
I rekon the pyramid's was not worth mentioning.

They did how ever name the king's or pharaoh's..
I think it give's the exact name as inscribed on there tomb's and final resting place.

i don;t remember there exact name's lol

but it's in the Moses story.

How are the biggest structures in the WORLD at that time not worth mentioning ?

does not make sense.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

see my post a few above, they were most likely nowhere near them, If they were enslaved at all they would have been down near Thebes which would have been a couple of days travel to get to the pyramids. There was also no real city centre near the pyramids so they would have had no need to pass them.
Finally they had no cultural/religious significance for them, which is why they wouldn't have mentioned them. As an example say the Christians of Sydney dont mention the Opera House in their prayers or texts even though it's world famous, the ediface isn't relevant to the faith.....

[edit on 9-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by Zerbst
Of the many accounts told over hundreds of years from various individuals, not one mention of Pyramids anywhere? These mega structures would have been smack in the middle of these times.

Were they supposed to be directly named out as they are known today or what? Would what is known as the Great Pyramid today have been called that back during those times? Accordingly, perhaps the biblical scribes "deliberately obscured" their names?

Furthermore, you mixing biblical chronology up. Most biblical scholars place the Israelites in Egypt during the time period when the Egyptians were building mud-brick pyramids. It is here that even Jewish historian Josephus wrote concerning the Israelite slaves in Egypt, "They [the Egyptian taskmasters] set them also to build pyramids."

There's even an account of God destroying Egypt completely, yet the Pyramids still stand today? Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing something: God did not "destroy" Egypt "completely;" it was merely 'visited' by 10 plagues. Conversely, from a biblical perspective, Sodom and Gomorrah would be best viewed as "completely destroyed;" Egypt was not.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Seekerof]

Just wondering...Is there any evidence of maybe some of the plagues effecting the great pyramids .

I'm not even sure what all of the 10 plagues were but could they leave behind physical evidence on the pyramid ? That would be interesting to say the least.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by John Matrix

How does it not help? You implied that the timeline was wrong, I implied that it was made up. It's a resonable theory that merits discussion don't you think?

Unless the thought of the Bible being a hoax really offends you to the core, then by all means, omit my posts from the thread, along with any other members who would dare challenge your faith

~Keeper

You can't prove your view is right and I can't prove my view is right. So what's the point in arguing about it.

The bible is many things to many people, but it's not a hoax.
Prejudice is not your friend. It blinds you from the truth.

[edit on 6/4/09 by John Matrix]

It is not a haox but the complete opposite. It is more than we could ever know.

The info we need/want is there it is just not out in the open you have to search for it.

I'm not really into religion and have not read most of the bible ....maybe some here and there or when i'm reading stuff online but It is a bunch of different things all rolled into one.

My theory is that it has different meanings and messages to different people.

Those that know what to look for will find the answers they seek and those they just see words will see just that.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

No, not the pyramids, but there is archaeological evidence of a bad plague that may have wiped out Tel el amarna which was where Akhenaton moved the capital to from Thebes when he changed the religion to one God (people claim he was Moses).

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Isaiah 19: 19,20 talks of an altar of witness to the Lord in the Last days. This altar is situated in the midst of Egypt but is also at the border of Egypt. There is only one spot on earth that this can be. The Great Pyramid is in the midst of Egypt but it also marks the ancient border of Upper and Lower Egypt. In the Hebrew, there are 30 words in this text. when you add up all the numerical values of the text the value is 5449. The Great Pyramid is 5449 sacred inches high. Coincidence?

The above text, which you did not enclose as an external source, is one of the most plagiarized paragraphs in reference to Isaiah. The interesting thing about that text is that no one claims it as an external reference, but everyone seems to copy it, as if it is theirs.

You can find the exact wording of that text in over 1200 websites, each one not citing the text as coming from somewhere else. That is 1200 cases of plagiarism, or more appropriately, 1200 sites that have no real explanation for that Biblical verse, and have resorted to something akin to Hoagland and his "hyper dimensional" nonsense.

Regardless, such "numerical" explanations are regarded by most biblical scholars as pure non-sense. You can take any two completely unrelated numbers and connect them by choosing an algorithm that connects the two. Adding the "numerical values of the text" and connecting it to the "scared inches" is really stretching things to fit a theory.

If you believe in God's word, then you should believe that if God wanted people to know something, He would not compose such an obscure form. If you don't believe God's word, then why bother looking for a theory to fit a text which you believe has no meaning. Either way, such theories are non-sequiturs.

No....stretching it would be if the words ='d 5669 or whatever the number is and you need it to equal 5639 and you just round up and find an excuse to make it similar.

When it Equals the Exact amount it no longer is coincidence and becomes truth.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

The bible discreditors have surfaced,

On the contrary. I believe that the Bible is the word of God. I don't believe God uses nonsensical codes to relay His message. No serious biblical scholar would entertain such non-sense. It is akin to the "Bible Code", another theory of pure nonsense.

It is theories like those presented by the plagiarized text you took, as your own, which detract from the book of God's word.

Isaiah does not refer to the pyramids, and that IS in keeping with the discussion of the OP.

As to researching the Bible, I have over 40 years of research in it, and don't pretend to have all the answers, but I can tell you that no respected Biblical scholar takes such numerical nonsense seriously.

If it is gods word and he is all powerful then he would be able to speak his word in a infinite number of ways which he or very few may understand.

Who is to say he didn't speak the same message in very differnt ways...

Some in words, some in math , some in maybe poetry, and some in ways we can not yet comprehend.

I love how people automatically think god would only speak his word in our given language at the time in that certain region.

You say he is all powerful yet you diminish him to being only able to speak his word in verbal form.......

The bible could be gods word..........But who of us in all of history can say we also speak and understand gods word .

Maybe we understand the verbal or written part of it but do you really think that is the end of it?

That is my problem with religion is that the people in it get to a certain point and think " THIS IS IT "

When in fact IT is never IT......And answer is really only the beginning of the next question ..

It is never ending.....it is infinite.

I'm not religious at all but I believe in a higher/whole conciousnes that we are all a part of and maybe god speaks his word through elements on earth such as wind and water.......If we could only understand then we would know but we don't so don't act like the bible is JUST GODS VERBAL/WRITTEN WORD when it probably is soooooooooooo much more.

People always think they have THE answer when in fact they only have a PART OF THE ANSWER.

Am I the only person in this world who thinks like this? With reason.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
OK, I am going to link a very strange and intriguing site.

www.scribd.com...

By using the measurements of the Great Pyramid and the Bible, this book overcomes the boundaries of this modern computerized world. The writer uses the Templars method to uncover and calculate distance and time.

Enjoy

The only problem is that it says on 3rd page that Jesus was born on December 25th in 4 BC............I thought he was really born on September 27th of 2 BC.....

I have heard both arguments and was unsure of which date is correct.

This does not mean everything in the paper is wrong, but maybe 99.99% is correct or maybe 89% is correct...

I would never discredit something based on one simple mistake if infact it turns out to be one.

As we are human and we make mistakes , we should all be understanding of mistakes that are made.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by synthesizer
reply to post by Zerbst

The bible is myth, used to subjugate the Goyim. A zeitgeist debunking of it is much needed. Moses was lifted from the character of Sargon the Great, 10 Commandments were stolen from Babylonian Hammurabi stele. there was no hebrew Exodus from Egypt. It is the myth of the Hyksos tribe fleeing, not jews. The current Israelis are not even jewish- they are from the Magog caucasus region of Russia, known as Khazaria.

The Creation? Read Sumerian epic of Gilgamesh.

"Israel" is an anagram meaning- Is- Isis, Ra- the Sun god Akhenaton, El- the gods plural from Elohim. Then the misnamed "Star of David".... No such thing in the Torah. The six sided star is the Seal of Solomon adopted from withcraft during the Babylonian captivity. It is the hexagrammatron- the most evil, potent malignant force in black magic. Yahweh condemned it, but the Pharisees clung to it and it became part of the Cabbalah, then the Rothschild family crest. Since the Rothschilds paid for Israel's founding in 1948, they got it put on the flag. Most jews at the time were outraged, and had wanted the menorah instead. The two blue stripes symbolize the "from the Nile to the Euphrates", their mythical 'promised land.'

All just as false as their claims of WMDs in Iraq.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by synthesizer]

Please tell more...I have heard random parts of what you speak of but never as much as you just said....Anywhere I can read more about it as I find that VERY interesting.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The answer to me is clear. The bible was not written as a historical source, or an informational source. In other words, Its aim was not to inform, but to decieve, and control. In my opinion.

Thats why the pyramids were not mentioned. And thats why all other religions are evil in the eyes of the bible.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

see my post a few above, they were most likely nowhere near them, If they were enslaved at all they would have been down near Thebes which would have been a couple of days travel to get to the pyramids. There was also no real city centre near the pyramids so they would have had no need to pass them.
Finally they had no cultural/religious significance for them, which is why they wouldn't have mentioned them. As an example say the Christians of Sydney dont mention the Opera House in their prayers or texts even though it's world famous, the ediface isn't relevant to the faith.....

[edit on 9-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

Valid points. What was the significance of the pyramids then?

Where they hidden from the free people?

I think they served more than one purpose but what was that purpose then if nobody ever got to see them.

What about people who saw them and spoke of them to others ? would that be mentioned at all?

Just curious because everything we are told just does not add up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join