It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unseen Footage- Riot police attack peaceful protesters at G20

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Illuminottie2

bristlekrs may have more footage of that event.

Thanks for the information shared on the 1st page of this thread. I appreciate the links & stories shared on it.

F* the government. They hate us because we know better!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a good cop, because they will all cover the asses of the rotten ones.

Ever heard of the Blue Wall?

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Symbiote]

link   

Originally posted by smokehouseslim
I guess the Pigs are dirty all over the world but somehow I had this lovely picture in my head of Bobbies being helpful & all, I guess these must be the ones that are military wannabe's like we have over here that are in special little squads, made for being buttwipes. Pigs are pigs.

Exactly! Those in Riot control and armed response are those who couldn't make it into the military. I'm not saying all are, but from what these videos show, you can't say I'm wrong about the majority.

Even in the little village were I live, the few pigs we have are controlling 'buttwipes'. Confiscating legal items, because you have done nothing wrong, and they don't like that.

link   

Originally posted by Asherah
Everyone needs to ban together against this tyranny no matter where they live. They aren't just going after one country, they want it all, globally. This is the change we were told was coming, now here it is. Welcome to the NWO.

I dont believe you will ever get the worldwide response required to change that.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Looks like remaining peaceful just doesn't work.

Exactly. The correct message for the Establishment to send out would have been: 'protest peacefully and you'll be treated with relative courtesy'. If they really want to encourage peaceful protest as opposed to violent, this would be the way to do it. But no - the message they've chosen to give is: 'it doesn't matter whether your intentions are peaceful or violent, you'll still be treated like animals'. At this point, what is there left but massive, violent action? What's the incentive to protest peacefully? < a genuine question. I don't know how else we can enforce Democracy in the UK anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have already put my thoughts on the matter in another thread but I think it is more relevant to this one. I was there and like thousands of others took as much footage of the police tactics as I could. When I watched the scenes on the news of the anarchists goading and attacking the police I felt they were very restrained and dealt with the situation well. Then when I saw the way they started treating everyone no matter their stance I was sickened. I feel for that man that died and his family. I hope to god someone has the damning evidence of his murder on film.

One police officer who was forcing me and my bike into another guy in front of me was giving me the most evil stare. I said to him "Why are you looking at me like that? You are dying to kick off aren't you?" he replied "YES, I am!" *Unfortunately you cannot see clearly the police officer trying to kill stare me or him in fact admit he was itching to kick off, you can hear me ask "why?" in response though.

"I went to the protests to support the climate campers as it looked like a very peaceful yet strong message they were putting out when I saw the news in the morning. By the time I got there all roads leading to the camp were blocked by riot police. I asked if i could make my way to the camp and they told me no. I asked why and an officer replied because they can't behave themselves. Well if they were being violent then it was there own fault. I wasn't there to see what happened so can't comment. What I can comment on was what happened to the rest of the people trying to see how the climate campers were being treated.
I was standing with my bike at the police line next to a building when all of a sudden the police started banging their batons against their shields and then surged forward into the crowd. Pushing people over that were not quick enough to move out of the way. Now there was around a 100 meter clear road between the police line we were stood at and the next line of riot police penning in the "violent" climate campers. So what was the point? The crowd I was in were all stood quietly watching yet we got forced time after time after time by the police all the way from threadneedle street in the centre of the city to the other side of the river over London bridge! Why did they do that? The only reason I can see is to provoke the peaceful protesters. Sure enough a reaction came with idiots throwing traffic cones, plastic bottles, litter bags etc, but I firmly believe this only happened because of the way the police acted. I felt like a criminal for just standing at a protest line and asked an officer why he was staring at me like he wanted to smash my head in. He said to me he wanted it to kick off. Bullies."

[edit on 5-4-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
All I can say is if they try to do that here in the USA, they will be very big reactions, and they won't be peaceful.
Looks like the peaceful EU people better figure out how to fight back.

Do they sell paint and balloons there?

Pepper spray?

Paintball guns?

Anything?

I guess I have always felt you need to be two things if you are trying to protest, organized, and prepared.

Organized to be effective and to hold lines as peacefull as possible.
Prepared if they want to go this route and make it non-peaceful.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I would told by a cousin living in England that the window-smashers were agent-provocateurs. Don't know if it's true or not, but it would explain why they were left alone.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
When I saw the tittle I was expecting something more violent, I do not consider that an attack on the protester, just a show of force.

It looks like they wanted access to that side street, can anyone tell me if there could be any special reason for that?

Originally posted by johnsky
Looks like remaining peaceful just doesn't work.
It does work.

Look at the policemen closer to the camera and to the people talking to them, that is how it should be done, one at a time, if it must be, but showing to the people (yes, policemen are people
) on the other side that the orders that were given to them are not right, that the people pulling the strings are going too far and that the police is being used as a tool and would be seen as an escape goat if the real responsible become the target of the people's fury.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

This wouldn't surprise me one bit as we have seen multiple examples of this before.

I am furious over the outrages disregard for our right to peaceful protest.

If this escalated into a major event the POLICE ARE THE CAUSE AND DESERVE WHATEVER FATE THEY HAVE COMING TO THEM!

I mean really, who the hell do they think they are anyway?!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hung Lo

You have to remember that often the police isn't the guilty party. The enemy is way above them and police are just people who do a difficult job. They do it really badly sometimes but I still would target the powers above.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think what we have seen here was why the CCTV system on London was deemed illegal and turned off.
There would be no evidence well official Video footage as evidence of this happening.

Is the CCTV system back up and running now the G20 is over ? or is it still off as it must still be illegal ?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Talk about herd mentality, that is what the police were exhibiting while the crowd actually showed restraint.

I am planning to go to a tax tea party protest in my small town on the 15th. Never done anything like this in my long life and the scenes and stories certainly make me want to think twice. But I will go, stand in the back and add my small voice.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
One of the problems here was probably the police ego

Think about it, here they are thinking to themselves, in one way or another- "Damn im a riot cop, and now its my duty to go and shove around some protestors! allright! I'm a tough guy! YEA!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I agree that the tactics of diplomacy and pleading and explaining are in fact good ones. And that the cops are tools of the true enemy - the gov. But at what point do we, as a global society, decide that peaceful protest doesn't work? Name me 1 time that a peaceful mass protest - that never became violent - against a national or global policy, has ended in the erasure of that policy.

There comes a time when the tools of the oppressors have to be considered the enemy as well. After all, we didn't try to talk and coerce peacefully the tools of Hitler when we were at war with the Germany. We fought and killed and took prisoner those that supported the head of the enemy state - it's on a bigger scale, but the principle of fighting the tools of the oppressor is the same. At some point protests will become organized and violent, and then its called revolution.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I guess all of those people who are so sure that the military and the police will never turn on law abiding peaceful people here in the United States had better have a second look at this video and maybe rethink their stance.

I fear that our military and our police under orders will be a lot more aggressive.

Will there be some that will not go along?

Some; but not enough.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
I think what we have seen here was why the CCTV system on London was deemed illegal and turned off.
There would be no evidence well official Video footage as evidence of this happening.

Is the CCTV system back up and running now the G20 is over ? or is it still off as it must still be illegal ?

That is a big no-no. CCTV should be up at all protests, a) to ensure safety of those who are innocent, and b) to protect the Police from claims that they were being violent when they are not.

In this case however, the fact they launched an unprovoked attack on the protests, and the CCTV was offline, it smells funny to me.

@j2000: You cannot legally carry any 'firearm' even if it as legally a toy. That includes all paint ball and airsoft guns.
Unlike all you in the U.S, we have no right to carry anything that could be used to defend ourselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

All I can say is if they try to do that here in the USA, they will be very big reactions, and they won't be peaceful.

We will have our chance soon enough.

Leaders of the Group of 20 leading economies say they will meet again at the United Nations in New York in September...

Associated press
I would most certainly hope that Americans would not stand for police brutality. I didn't see too much brutality in those clips, just some overly pushy cops who appeared to be hoping for a more violent protest. Those tactics will garner much different results in New York.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I guess all of those people who are so sure that the military and the police will never turn on law abiding peaceful people here in the United States had better have a second look at this video and maybe rethink their stance.

I fear that our military and our police under orders will be a lot more aggressive.

Will there be some that will not go along?

Some; but not enough.

The pigs will always be more aggressive in country's other than the UK. I am sorry to say. For now anyway, but if they start getting confident, we might have it as rough as anywhere else.

I will soon have good friends in the Police and Military, god forbid they should become my enemies.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

There comes a time when the tools of the oppressors have to be considered the enemy as well. After all, we didn't try to talk and coerce peacefully the tools of Hitler when we were at war with the Germany. We fought and killed and took prisoner those that supported the head of the enemy state - it's on a bigger scale, but the principle of fighting the tools of the oppressor is the same. At some point protests will become organized and violent, and then its called revolution.

I fully agree, well said.

We should be constantly aware of this as our freedoms are eroded literally almost daily. While our choices are becoming much more limited as we are slowly boxed in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join