It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unseen Footage- Riot police attack peaceful protesters at G20

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ruffrider

well thanks for letting everyone knows who's side your on, to bad its not the peoples side, you must make 100,000+ a year, "oh the police were protecting us poor law abiding citizens" you literally make me sick. i hope one day we meet and your standing behind the police (as people like you always do) as i stand to the side of my brothers, then you watch as people you put down give up there health and lives to keep you free, maybe then after watching these people sacrifice themselves for something they believe in, you'll start to believe to, en-till then ---- --- --- --- (fill in the blanks)

[edit on 5-4-2009 by dkman222]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

There was no reason given for the actions that the police took, and there was most certainly no excuse. You can not tar all protesters over the actions of a few hardline anarchists. There were MPs for councils there, there were political figured giving talks and things. It was a very peaceful place with non of the agro that kicked off at the BoE.

We have a fundamental RIGHT to protest peacefully, and that is just what this was. Until the police deployed the kettling technique we're all familular with now. Infact, the BoE was peaceful until the riot scum moved in. They know how to handle a protest, and they know how to incite a riot. They have what is called a snatch squad for dealing with trouble makers. Or they can go in hard an bully everyone. The police are the whole reason that it kicked off. And they are the sole reason that a man is now dead.

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

Your rhetoric alarms me. You are clearly very angry about what seems to be a quite logical scenario. Thanks for telling me im wrong, appreciate that too.

I was at the protest on wednesday, purley out of curiosity, as I live nearby. From what i could see at the protest camp the police needed to clear the area in order to maintain control of the surrounding streets of the bank of england. (which, after all, is their job)

The protesters refused to move and instead decided to taunt and push the police back (can be clearly seen on the video, although you may have chosen to ignore this).

If you are told by a police officer to move and you stand still and shout at them what do you expect to happen? The police needed to gain control of the area due to specific threats and intelligence gathered about the protest and protesters. They were not doing it for fun or just to annoy you.

Many more could have been killed if the police hadnt of contained the situation like they did. As far as i'm aware the man had died of a heart attack
and when police medics tried to treat him they were pelted with missles meaning he had to be moved out of the area without proper initial treatment.

who's fault is that? the police trying to treat the man or the people throwing bottles?

I like your last comment: "The police are the whole reason that it kicked off. And they are the sole reason that a man is now dead."

quite the opposite my friend, they are the reason only one person died.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

And where was you in this whole situation? because you must not have been where i was why do you think people where still throwing bottles huh? because they spent the last half hour hour getting battoned for no reason! i stood in front of the police on the floor shouting for people not to throw anything else, i can tell you 100% it was the police fault they charged us which in turn caused this man to die of shock!#

as i reached him he was pissing himself on the floor im no doctor but is that not a sign of SHOCK? i spoke to a lady a day later who came to pay her respects at the memorial who had seen him a few hours prior to his death and he wasnt even part of the parade he was just trying to go home

Add me as a freind on facebook and look at the memorial pics i have then you can accurately judge because right now you dont have a f££king clue obviously

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
edit- this is a response to roughrider
well, you seem to be the only person on this thread who thinks that the police were being pushed. So maybe your not seeing what's happening there. And if, as you say, you were there. You should know what happened, they were completly cordoned in, with no access to food/water/toilet ameneties (which is basic human rights stuff ect) And you can blatently see the protesters a- holding their arms IN THE AIR, and b- those that you think are pushing, are probably more than likley just trying to defend themselves against thugs with weapons.

Maybe as I've pointed out that you're pretty much the only person on this thread to not see it's the way round it is.

I know plenty of people who were there. My mates 16 year old sister got a swift kick to the face whilst she was sitting down. Reasonable force? My A##

And too right I'm angry, I'm absolutly seething with rage over this. Because I am a good human being who gets sad when I see other decent humans being battered by those who are supposed to be there to protect us.

you will never justify their actions to me, because I see them as unjustifiable. I'll leave it here though, cos you're entitled to your opinion, and we'll just go round in circles. We disagree.

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

oh and by the way your rhetoric alarms me because there was no situation to contain in the first place, if there is one tactic they did use that night it was cause solution effect they caused the violence by locking everybody in the first place, like i said they had no reason at all to do that it was completelty out of the blue before that everything was peacefull

im taking serious offence because people are trying to blame the bath dodging protestors because there is absolutly no way the police could do anything wrong right? god it makes me sick so like i said exactly where was you in all of this?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dkman222

well thanks for letting everyone knows who's side your on, to bad its not the peoples side, you must make 100,000+ a year, "oh the police were protecting us poor law abiding citizens" you literally make me sick. i hope one day we meet and your standing behind the police (as people like you always do) as i stand to the side of my brothers, then you watch as people you put down give up there health and lives to keep you free, maybe then after watching these people sacrifice themselves for something they believe in, you'll start to believe to, en-till then ---- --- --- --- (fill in the blanks)

Glad I made you vomit (one of my special skills!)

I just believe there is a right and wrong way of doing things

right way - anti war protest on saturday

wrong way - associate with anarchists on wednesday with history of civil disobediance

FYI I have been on many reclaim the streets protests in my youth.

Evolution not revolution!

EDIT: Just re-read you post and it infuriates me more and more. My grandad (killed by germans in WW2) would be turning in his grave. Talk to my mother about ultimate "sacrafice", she lost her father protecting your freedom - moron.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by dkman222]

[edit on 5-4-2009 by ruffrider]

[edit on 5-4-2009 by ruffrider]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You should know what happened, they were completly cordoned in, with no access to food/water/toilet ameneties (which is basic human rights stuff ect) And you can blatently see the protesters a- holding their arms IN THE AIR, and b- those that you think are pushing, are probably more than likley just trying to defend themselves against thugs with weapons.

If you are being told to move by a policeman with a stick the sensible thing to do is move quickly away from him -

If youre that concerned about human rights go and protest outside the chinese embassy, show solidarity with burmese monks, donate a pound to help amputee's in cambodia.

Middle class wallies not being allowed to go the toilet does NOT constitute a breach of human rights

pathetic

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

REVOLUTION IS EVOLUTION

EDIT: Unless you're a pro-NWO Eugenicist/Transhumanist.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruffrider

If you are being told to move by a policeman with a stick the sensible thing to do is move quickly away from him -

They had nowhere to move back too. They were blocked in on all sides. Kettled into a small group. Where were they supposed to go? up? Build a triangle formation?

And I think you'll find that it's the law to supply people with the basics. (I have people on another forum looking into the legal aspects of their actions, and it's certainly looking that way)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To anyone who thinks that protesters should move when the police tell them too: what exactly do you think a protest is?
I almost feel like that guy must be a high school kid...by that guy I mean
ruffrider of course.
Anyhow. I think that riot shields and football helmets need to be standard gear at your next protest. At least make them fight for it...haha. You could see how effective the officer's shields were. A handful of them held back, and then pushed back such large numbers of people.
Ramble...bamble...blah....

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TitanHQ
(May I point out, the Police who shot the man after 7/7 we're doing their duty. They are Heroes, yet they are punished. These t**ts attack innocent protesters, and nobody seems to care).

Sorry no offence meant at all, but double standards you've got there.

Jean Charles De Menezes had done NOTHING wrong, the copper who basically said he was the "suspect" they were lookin for was taking a freakin "Leak" (peeing in other words) whilst JC De Menezes walked by the van and he didn't even see him properly.

The coppers who followed him onto the tube train DID NOT even announce themselves as POLICE OFFICERS, they waded in and b/c JC didn't stop moving toward them they pushed him onto the seat and SHOT HIM 7 TIMES IN THE HEAD!

Other passengers on that tube AND the driver even said THEY thought the cops were terrorists because they did not announce, they were Police officers.

Doing their duties and are heroes? Do me a bloody favour mate :/

-- Back on topic.

I called this Police brutality the whole time these protests were going on but everyone was saying how the protesters were to blame so on and so forth, this evidence just proved what I and many others were calling, that day.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The time will come were we will all be asked to stand by a powerful supernatural force.

We all just like ants can "sense" when somethings wrong as if we had antenna's. Every human being is going to hit that "Sense" at some point real soon.

In a place such as Gaza, people were at the point of life and death imposed to us by this evil energy (politicians, cops, military, etc.).

Humans are being classified into three categories: Gods, Robots, and Men

The military, police, etc. are all being micro-chipped to perform as a robot. This is what a police now is: A Robot.

This is why they are getting dumber and losing their emotions. This is why they are tasering and attacking people.

Mindless Robots to be exact.

The people in charge of these robots will be "Gods" because they would control food, technology, and every aspect of our lives.

The men will be, everyone as we know it, fighting to death to prevent this from happening.

The ENTIRE planet will have soon a choice to make:

Do we live in a zombie like society ran by gods who control robots, or Do we want to live a whole NEW style of life. No poverty, No pollution, No starvation, and so on.

This NEW world CAN exist. The BIGGEST fear mankind has is "change".

We are ready for some REAL change. A Whole New World.

A New World...Not a One World Government...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So Citizens can't run a peaceful protest.
Yet, the police can start a violent riot?

I watched these vids, and others. Including the ones where the police were using their shields "edge-on" against some of the protesters. They were hitting some of the protesters with the edge of the shields! That can cause massive damage to somebody.

It's blatantly obvious that these police know nothing about crowd control, or, their job was to incite violence. I think it was the latter. Whack a few, injure a few, murder at least one. then blame it all on the protesters.

I expect more of this. Get your still cameras, your cell phones, your video cameras ready..

I have a question about the police's badges, and ID's. Are they openly displayed on their riot gear? If a cop whacked you, would there be any way to identify them later?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Is there anyone more gutless then a british police officer? When all the muslim terrorists they let live in that "country" do this they all run like the cowards they are. They hate themselves and their country so much its sad. When real british citizens who do this because, they love their country the gutless pigs attack them. ALL british police are traitors and should be treated as such. what a disgusting act of cowardice

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waggle
Is there anyone more gutless then a british police officer? When all the muslim terrorists they let live in that "country" do this they all run like the cowards they are. They hate themselves and their country so much its sad. When real british citizens who do this because, they love their country the gutless pigs attack them. ALL british police are traitors and should be treated as such. what a disgusting act of cowardice

I was thinking the same things while watching this video.

Darn shame isn't it.

Trademark of a true Bully.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"What we've got here is, a failure to communicate 'cause some men you just can't reach, so you get here what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. " (Truman Capote, Cool Hand Luke)

Well as the above quote outlines, there has been a failure to communicate between the people and the state

So what have we seen in the media and from other sources so far? That the police have been heavy handed? That they employed unfair and unhumanitarian tactics?

Not surprising really when leaflets freely distributed and obtained by the newspapers from anarchist-group sources prior to wednesdays debacle were openly citing a violent direct confrontation to achieve their misguided aims...the battle lines were drawn then and there and the protesters knew just exactly what to expect as a response, and the police were prepared and ready to repond accordingly

Originally posted by RE2505
When I watched the scenes on the news of the anarchists goading and attacking the police I felt they were very restrained and dealt with the situation well. Then when I saw the way they started treating everyone no matter their stance I was sickened.

What you saw was a pre-emptive strike by the police, as they will have identified anarchist troublemakers who infiltrated within the Climate Change camp from previous surveillance and not given an opportunity to mobilise the whole of those assembled, against them...these were the same anarchists who had previously smashed up public property (and the only bank in the square mile owned by we, the people, RBS 70% public ownership, rather than a branch of one owned by private shareholders alone) with scant disregard to any idea of how to suggest change from a broken system to a better one...A direct paralell of Hezbollah militia firing off Qassams whilst hiding behing Gazan civilan human-shields.

There are many here who are advocating taking on the police in a pitch battle yet again on May Day...I ask you, what positive measures will that achieve? More than likely that will be ignored as a valid question , as they, the violent 'fight the nazi-police' wankers only seek to hijack any and every legitimate demonstration for their own selfish ego-driven agenda of violence

And to those who will go ahead regardless, what the f**k do you think you will achieve eh?

economic reform?
public and governmental expenditure accountability and transparancy?
national adoption of a renewable energy strategy?

NO!

All you will achieve is to curtail the rights for the rest of us to create change within the framework of the judiciary and govenmental protocol...thankyou very much you selfish aggressive no-brainer anarchist twats, you're about to ruin it for everyone else with your short-sighted selfish agendas

To those who are thinking about fighting 'the system'...get off your arses, use the brains that you were born with, and try and find a solution to the crisis. Are you going to march on 10 Downing Street stating "We have a solution to the current problem and we demand you implement it.." no, you aint, as you'd rather fight pitched street battles and achieve nothing other than a criminal record and a few bruises to boast about down the boozer...there's a military term for people like you...cannon fodder!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

Considering the circumstance, I don't see much violence on that tape. A few projectiles thrown at the Police and some shoving on both sides. Attack is to strong a word. Control of the area they are in is more like it. Why exaggerate? Exaggeration is a form of dishonesty.

I've seen worse in lines at concerts. No smoking gun here I'm afraid.

Did the protectors have the proper permits and were they staying in the areas where they were supposed to be. There never seems to be information about those things on these threads. Add that to the fact the video's are edited and we don't get to see the whole event, how can anything be gleaned from these videos. The creators are heavily biased. How do we know these people were not throwing rock and bottles a couple of minutes prior?

Actually I don't trust either side. Both exaggerate, lie, selectively edit and overreact. I want to see all available video unedited. Of course we never will. Both sides hide stuff. Both sides lie.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Most of all don't edit, lie or exaggerate. If a protester does wrong, show that too. If a Cop does wrong show that. If the protesters move to an area they should not be say so. A thrown bottle can kill a Cop same as a Protester can get hurt. The Cops are not all bad and to imply that is dishonest. The Protester's are not all innocent little sheep and to imply that is lying. I'm sick of edited nonsense put together and posted on YouTube.

I have seen no positive responses to this protest. The general public is very pissed at our leaders just like the protesters, but they also don't like the behavior of the protesters too much. Bad behavior never solves anything and protests attract bad actors.

Where are the video's of the other protest groups that had no problems? I've never seen one posted.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Permits, eh? Perhaps there can be a permit for free speech? Permit for this, permit for that, and permits for the other things? Permit to address your legislature/parliament. Permit to walk down the street. Permit to purchase goods or services.

Yeah, where are your permits, citizen?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

And I think you'll find that it's the law to supply people with the basics.

So one one hand you're having a 2y.o.-supermarket-tantrum at the law for your treatment of behaving like a law-disregarding arse, yet once 'kettled' you demand to be treated within the law and be provided with food and water?

You're a nothing but a feckin coward who hides behind the laws they pick and choose to whilst railling against others, Crown Warranted or no, for upholding the same

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join