It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do freemasons here deny their group's secret history?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

Brotherhood, community service, and the occasional frisbee/disc golf.

Some join and just attend meetings for the Brotherhood, some join because esoteric work intrigues them, all join for betterment of themselves.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark

Originally posted by mysterybee
All I know, from a boring, non-conspiracy theory standpoint, is that it's basically a big back-scratching networking club for men. Oh and they sit in throne chairs which I have actually seen first hand. It's an ego boosting thing - which must be good for male morale especially when the economy is in the dumps.

Oh wow, you've seen the "throne chairs"?

You are clearly an authority on what Masonry is and isn't.

Thanks everyone, we're done here!

THREAD CLOSED.

FORUM LOCKED.

LOL

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/4/2009 by Sauron]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think that the Freemasons have really lost sight of who they were. They used to stand for something important. They used to fight for what they thought was right. They were supposed to change the world, and now all they are is some lame frat for old men who play golf, and the most important thing they do now is simple neighborhood charity. Where is the honor? Now who's supposed to save the world from the crap heap it's turning into?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimson616
...and the most important thing they do now is simple neighborhood charity. Where is the honor?

I think there is much honor on doing for others without any expectation of gain or profit other then the spiritual satisfaction that this endeavor provides.

Now who's supposed to save the world from the crap heap it's turning into?

How did we suddenly become the saviours of the world? Last time I heard was this not Obama's job description?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
They might be lieing/hiding it

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I've been reading The Rise of the 4th Reich and apparently the group was a direct descendant of the Knights of Templar. I don't know why so many freemasons are in denial of everything that is said about their history or about them.

That's because their lairs. Ask one about UFO's or Nazis, they doge the question like their life depends on it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012_the_truth

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I've been reading The Rise of the 4th Reich and apparently the group was a direct descendant of the Knights of Templar. I don't know why so many freemasons are in denial of everything that is said about their history or about them.

That's because their lairs. Ask one about UFO's or Nazis, they doge the question like their life depends on it.

I don't know anything about UFO's or Nazis. Maybe AugustusMasonicus can help you with that.
What I can tell you is that Freemasonry is not the direct descendant of the Knights Templar, nor do we hide any treasures.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Level_Head]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimson616
I think that the Freemasons have really lost sight of who they were. They used to stand for something important. They used to fight for what they thought was right. They were supposed to change the world, and now all they are is some lame frat for old men who play golf, and the most important thing they do now is simple neighborhood charity. Where is the honor? Now who's supposed to save the world from the crap heap it's turning into?

I don't think you understand what Freemasonry is about at all.

The tenets of Freemasonry have always been Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth. How does contributiing to charity fall out of line with these tenets?

What is nobler than charity?

I think you've been reading too many picture-books which feature people wearing spandex and capes, dude....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by crimson616

When did we become superheroes?

Shriner's Hospitals are simple charities? The Child Identification Program is a simple charity? The various medical researches sponsored by the Scottish and York Rite are simple charities? Yes, the Lodges do have small charities, but even those cause good fortune for the recipients and may mean everything to them.

You should read: the 13th Chapter of 1 Corinthians; pay particular attention to verses 2 & 13

reply to post by Shake7

Lying or hiding what?

reply to post by 2012_the_truth

I've never been asked. UFO's are said to vessels of extraterrestrials. There is no concrete evidence of one coming to Earth. Do I think it's happened? Maybe. Anything is possible and the universe is vast. As for the Nazi's...I think they were evil twisted men who tried to conquer the world. My Grand Lodge was the first Grand Lodge to condemn them for their actions.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
For more info regarding the origins of the illuminati and how they infilltrated the freemasons check out this book.

www.yamaguchy.netfirms.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Freemasonary is all about secracy, so how they can afford to come out in the open, Moreover the more they expose themselves, the more the fear of being excluded from their community and facing much more dire consequences...I think we need not shoot questions at them, as it is they won't be any help!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by soniadoreen

It's about the members keeping the secrets, but we are more about privacy. Freemasons are not so secret that we mark our buildings, we go out in public wearing our paraphernalia, and there are many of us on here that are Masons

We've asked you guys to ask questions instead of just posting irrational fears. You can go down to your local Lodge and ask them questions if they are meeting that night. As long as you show up several minutes before the meeting starts, you can ask the members questions. If there is enough time they can show you around the Lodge room itself.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Its funny a lot of you seem to get your information about freemasons from all these conspiracy documentaries and stuff. Learn to do some real research, jesus. I admitedly don't know much about all this stuff, because its not that big of a interest of mine at the moment. My dad is a mason and goes to the local lodge here regulary... i have asked him about it before and what exactly they do and he never exactly tells me.. He does however joke and make fun of the people who talk about satanic ritual and stuff, he does tell me that they do rituals and stuff and he told me they aren't really "satanic" related at all (although he won't go into detail, its none of my business anyways though, so whatever). The way he basically talks about the lodge is its like a country club or something, they get together, talk about business, life and drink and play pool... etc. I can safely say my dad isn't some evil person (And I especially don't think hes having perverted homosexual orgies, like some people claim are part of the masons ritual lol), and I've met some of my dads friends who go to the lodge too and they are appear to be just normal people. I'm not speaking for anyone but I'm going to personally believe my dad over any of you or anything I read on the internet, because he raised me and I've NEVER ONCE caught him lying to me about anything. We are a also pretty poor and somehow he is accepted, so its not ALL the rich and elite either that are masons. My father is a mason and his father and probably his fathers father... although I've never been asked to join (or have any interest in it, atleast at this time in my life I don't). But I have no idea how it works. my dads never asked me if I want to join or anything, and I probably wouldnt anyways because I consider it kind of like religion (even though it isnt) and I really have a big dislike for all religion. Maybe thats why I never been asked, cause he knows I'm like that.

One of you guys said ask them about ufos and nazis and theyll dodge the question... well for your guys' info MY FATHER IS THE ONE who got me into ufos and the paranormal and ALL this stuff and we discuss and talk about it all the time. He even beileves in the illuminati.

And by the way guys you can ask them questions... ive asked my dad and his buddies plenty of questions and got answers you just don't go up to them with a big conspiracy theorist attitude and talk down to them and ask them questions about their rituals and stuff. Of course they are private, hell I don't blaim them, the information people do know about them they twist it around so much and make them all appear to be the most evil people on the planet, when in reality masons are my dad, your dad, your uncle, they can be ANYONE.

By the way guys I DO believe in the illuminati but I believe it goes MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH deeper than the masons... just cause someones a mason doesn't mean they are involved in the illumnati is basically what I'm trying to say. I do however agree with you there does appear to be a connection with the masons, but I personally don't believe ALL masons know about this or are involved in it.

please don't try to argue with me or send me offensive messages and call me a sheep or say I'm brainwashed and stuff. Because I'm not i'm not brainwashed, I believe in most of this stuff too, hell even my own FATHER who is a free mason believes in most this stuff too. Hes the one that got me into "fringe" type subjects about the paranormal and ufos and stuff when I was younger. I'm just simply saying that its not as simple as you guys think it is, like I said it goes MUCH deeper than the masons.

Some of you make me sick just pointing the finger at people, calling people brainwashed. In my opionon some of you are the brainwashed ones with your EXTREME conspiracy theories.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Freemasons don't deny anything, or confirm anything either, so what are you talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join