It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Koreas Launch - So what happens now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ok, they have defied the sanctions against them and launched this Satellite/missile.

what will happen now?? to be honest i am really surprised it was not shot down (or we believe it was not anyway!)

So, realistically what can be done about this??

are we looking at an attack on North Korean targets , I very much doubt it as this would mean Seoul would be wiped off the map.

more sanctions i suppose that will only make the poor starving north korean people, even poorer and even hungrier.

WHAT A JOKE.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, I am also surprised it didn't get shot down. On another thread I predicted it would be shot down.

Now I think maybe they allowed it just to analyze it. What's going on right now I think is a lot of high tech analysis. They are determining if it is a satellite being launched and what kind.

BBC a few minutes ago said that rocket boosters went down from it in the Pacific to the east and west of Japan. They also said that Japan was ready to shoot it down if at any moment any part of the missile/rocket or boosters came close to their territory, so I guess the boosters fell far enough away from them that they didn't react.

I would say Japan is let's say "angry" over it and now the USA has to play some kind of hardball or we will look weak (which is probably what NK wanted, who knows?).

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Double post

Sorry

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
They'lll get a good stern talking to.

Don't you worry, Obama, has it all settled out.

N. Korea I'd assume didn't even look at the consequences of it's actions.
Cahones!

It is a big joke, everyone all gung ho, time comes around, well nevermind, move along sir.

Pathetic, Pathetic.

If I was president, I'd of shot it down, no questions asked, we told them not to they did anyways, we had every right to shoot it down.

Just because they threaten a war, doesn't mean they get away with anything!!!!

Stand your ground!!

Rant over.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Our tax dollars at work

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Obama says North Korea missile launch further isolates nation.

www.breitbart.com...

link   
It's going to be a lot of arm flailing with some harsh words from most 1st world nations. China will most likely invoke their veto power in the event that any harsh resolution is brought forth by the UN.

As for not shooting it down, I don't think they had enough information. We like to think that our government knows everything that is going on anywhere, but in NK that's not really the case.

Over the decades they've gotten good at hiding what they are doing, so perhaps they would have a surprise or two for any invading forces. Besides I don't think they could afford it right now anyway.

Besides, it was most likely a satellite, they didn't seem that concerned over it in the media after the launch.

~Keeper

link   
So much for japan shooting it down huh?

Well, I imagine we will just impose several sanctions on North korea for a while before we drop them and continue the six party talks. I thought there would be more to this incident, but I can't say I am not glad I thought incorrectly.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
surely if there are more sanctions, this will isolate them more and therefore make them even more dangerous??

now they have more understanding of rocket technology than ever.

should have been shot down for sure.

will be interesting to see the reactions over the next few hours.

seriously though, what kind of sanctions could really have any positive effect for the rest of the world?????????

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
So much for japan shooting it down huh?

Were they supposed to? The only plans to shoot it down were if it was going to fall on Japan. Since it worked the way it was supposed to they let it go, and got a lot of valuable data from monitoring the launch.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm sure they worked out like a chess game what moves would take place on both sides if they did go ahead and shoot it down. Maybe they have something else in mind.

A satellite might come into an unfortunate accident like what happened a couple weeks ago. Maybe they'll vaporize the so-called communications satellite as soon as they're done analyzing the heck out of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
so Nk launched the missile. and everyone automatically assumes that nothing has happened to them in retaliation?

Yeah ok Obama and the rest of the lot are talking about draging them before the UN Security council. everyone assumes that China will veto any sanctions that are to "tough" on NK. Has anyone listened to China's president lately? He has told NK Not to launch their rocket.

Ever hear of diversions?

I'm willing to bet there are SF forces in NK right now doing missions that we will never hear about. And To Be honest you don't come right back after a Missile launch and show your hand and say we're going to bomb your ass back to the stonage. you wait until you have quietly moved the forces needed into the area then walk with a big stick and attack. all the while keeping your enemy thinking your going to do the opposite and try to get more sanctions.

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Mercenary2007]

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How interesting is it that there is NOTHING on either CNN or FOX at this time about this launch. I was watching a movie and decided to check in here before bed and when I saw this I just knew it would be all over the news. I guess not! Again we on ats are better informed than most of the rest of the country.

I don't know if it is good or not that nothing was done, that we know of. On one hand it is always a good thing to avoid military situations. On the other, we sound like the little boy crying wolf. Either way it should be pretty interesting to watch how this unfolds. red

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
ok, they have defied the sanctions against them and launched this Satellite/missile.

what will happen now?? to be honest i am really surprised it was not shot down (or we believe it was not anyway!)

So, realistically what can be done about this??

are we looking at an attack on North Korean targets , I very much doubt it as this would mean Seoul would be wiped off the map.

more sanctions i suppose that will only make the poor starving north korean people, even poorer and even hungrier.

WHAT A JOKE.

Nothing will happen. Well, maybe NK will get some more oil and rice.

Edited to add. Maybe some wheat, and maybe some DVD's for the maybe nearly dead Kim Jong Ill to watch. I read a statement that proclaimed Kim Jong is still alive and well because of this launch, like this launch could only happen if he was well and strong.

I love deception. It's fun to figure out.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I am thinking that isolating them further, as Obama stated, would not be such a good idea. Isolated, they will dig deeper into the nuclear armament, other than spying on them we will not be able to try to negotiate with them in any way, not that it would stop them anyway, but still....

edit= to fix silly mistake

[edit on 5-4-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen. The UN doesn't enforce its sanctions, nor does anyone else make good on their threats. Apparently a lot of pounding on chests with fists and "you better not do that"'s is all anyone has. It's sad but what can we do?

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I expect that it will be something similar to what happened with their nuclear program. We will talk tough, then we will pay them to stop launching missiles. Then when they need more money / food / dvd's, they will simply say that they are going to launch another one.

NK is like a spoiled child. We just keep giving in to their tantrums, so they will never learn their lesson. I expect more of the same until Kim finally kicks the bucket.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Let's just say it was exactly what they said it was on face value. What gives the US or UN or anyone, the right to say what they can or can't do as a country? I thought that was the whole point of being a sovreign country?

You don't really see other countries threatning us for launching missiles into space, and we've certainly executed more millitious activities than anyone we're yelling at. "Do as I say not as I do."

I'm thinking we knew it was exactly what they said it was, and that's why it was allowed to launch. Assomeone else said, we have to do some chest-pounding and make a good show, just so Kim Jong Ill won't feel so lonely for a month or so.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think this only proves that Japan does not have the technology to carry out their threat of shooting it down. Just a lot of sabre rattling on their part. As for the U.S. I dont think they were game to shoot it down unless Japan fired first, and then the US could retaliate by backing up the Japanese by who failed to strike the rocket.Basically the US were chicken to do it of their own accord and the Japanese did not have the techknowology to fire first to allow the US a free shot at it to back the Japanese up.
Thats my opinion, and as I see it now, once they annalyse this so called sattelite, they may then find it has a "malfunction" and is destroyed in orbit by the star wars sattelites.
Lets see how long it lasts.
Cheers, Dragon33

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
They didn't need to start a war because they have pushed their NWO agenda and covered all their lies about causes for recession without any resistance.

Just forget about it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Timing is everything!

But whatever happens now, has to be paid for.

1) Was/is Kim Jong Ill miffed at not being invited to G20 party?

2) Who/what funds NK weapons etc technology?

3) Likelyhood of agitators/agent provoks/'strategic advisors' amongst the NW elite?

4) War as a strategy for creating wealth through increased productivity and growth of arms, pharma's etc manufacturers funded via debts to WB/IMF?

5) Not the first time this region of the globe selected for wargames between the 'super powers'?

6) Easy to demonise a ruler who abuses his own people and thereby solicit support from the (global?) 'electorate'?

The above is not in any particular order, just my thoughts on some elements of NK actions and timing. Too convenient! A distraction perhaps? We live in a world seduced by spin, was it a good day to bury bad news/obscure the truth about G20/NWO/OWG intentions?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join