It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Koreas Launch - So what happens now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
interesting points teapot.

i think the next few days will be very interesting as to what is going on here. Im positive there is a lot happening that we dont know about (as usual)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
Timing is everything!

But whatever happens now, has to be paid for.

1) Was/is Kim Jong Ill miffed at not being invited to G20 party?

2) Who/what funds NK weapons etc technology?

3) Likelyhood of agitators/agent provoks/'strategic advisors' amongst the NW elite?

4) War as a strategy for creating wealth through increased productivity and growth of arms, pharma's etc manufacturers funded via debts to WB/IMF?

5) Not the first time this region of the globe selected for wargames between the 'super powers'?

6) Easy to demonise a ruler who abuses his own people and thereby solicit support from the (global?) 'electorate'?

The above is not in any particular order, just my thoughts on some elements of NK actions and timing. Too convenient! A distraction perhaps? We live in a world seduced by spin, was it a good day to bury bad news/obscure the truth about G20/NWO/OWG intentions?

WOW. Where do I buy this book?

The sad thing is we may never know the answers to those questions.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Obama just stated in his speech in Prague a few minutes ago that N.Korea has clearly broken the rules which cant be tolerated, and rest of the world must band together and respond... don't remember the exact words, but that was the main thought... hopefully there will be a transcript of the entire speech in an hour or so somewhere....

unfortunately i didn't get to see the rest of the speech, because local television felt it was necesarry to cut it and broadcast Malaysian grand prix instead *sigh*

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

If I was president, I'd of shot it down, no questions asked, we told them not to they did anyways, we had every right to shoot it down.

Good thing you're not the President and a much cooler head resides in the White House.
We'd been in WWIII at the moment if you'd had your way.

What right does the USA have to shoot down another sovereign nations satellite?

NONE!

peace

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am not sure what is next on the Korean Peninsula, but I think the Russians are taking this far more seriously than us. Look at the photo in this article.

North Korea

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

If Japan doesn't have the technology to shoot it down then neither does the US. The Japanese systems that were going to be used if necessary are IDENTICAL to the US systems in almost every way. The Japanese have even been involved in the Aegis BDM tests with the US Navy in Hawaii.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

by the looks of it, russia and china are going to use their veto.

North Korea and Russia have said it was a sattelite, but according to www.spaceweather.com no satellite has entered orbit.

SOMEONE is telling lies!!!

G.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

The upper stages failed after it crossed Japan and it crashed. North Korea is trying to make themselves look better by saying it was successful.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What should happen is this...

The west should look at how a small nation has managed to build a launch vehicle/ICBM. It should look at how the same small nation has developed a nuclear weapons programme, and it should ask itself this - why, instead of sanctioning or bombing or god knows what else, whats wrong in congratulating, talking and welcoming the developments, and instead of attempting to further isolate and condem, maybe try and bring NK back into the world fold, where it would be much easier to handle?

Thats what should happen.

It won't though.

Instead there will be more sanctions and more artificial tension. Theres got to be a bogeyman somewhere

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Nothing should happen, it was a peaceful launch. I don't know why some of you are saying the NK should be punished. For what?

For trying to advance their technology?
Who are the American to decide who advances and who stays behind?
Sanctions should be placed because NK tried to send a satellite?
Why should it have been shot down? For what reason?

I still am wondering why so many intelligent ATSers allow media brainwashing to mold their xenophobic thoughts. Think clearly and ask yourself what the hell has NK ever done to the US other than not obey.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Nothing in this thread indicates xenophobia. The thread relates to current world events that concern all of humanity. The thread is a discussion about these current events.

I am aware that the established media publish a lot of propaganda. We are told what the event is, and then we are treated to the spin! Other current events that are of concern to ATS'ers are also being discussed on other threads, issues that I for one have long believed indicate that the NWO/OWG are real, ('they' really are out to get me!!!) and countries not involved in the NWO (just this moment referred to as 'regimes' on the tv news), being demonised by the rhetoric of NWO representives.

You are right to ask by what right can one nation or group of nations, decide that another nation should or should not develop the same technology as their own. Or indeed any act that denies a nations autonomy. But that is not the point of the thread. And what happens now is actually being fairly accurately portrayed in the media, that is, the rhetoric and spin by and about NWO.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Sorry for falling off topic, I must have gotten this thread mixed up with the other 50 threads regarding this event. Thanks for pointing out my mistake with calmness and politeness. I should tone down a little too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join