It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

images from the so called liberation of iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
In the 6th anniversary of the American occupation of iraq
i would like to show you pictures from the daily life of the iraqies after the (holy liberation) which the iraqies was granted by Bush's adminstration

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
No doubt, you wish that the Iraqi people were still under Saddam's oppressive hand. How quaint and redundant.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well it certainly looks like a case of...out of the frying pan and into the fire to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Get any pictures of the woodchippers that Saddam use to feed people to?

Yeah, I didn't think you did.

And you might want to check some of those pics, they were from the First Gulf War.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Obviously, you provide only one side of the story to begin with, and you also fail to offer a comparative slide show of Iraq under Saddam Hussein's tyrannical rule. Therefore, your photographic presentation is moot.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Obviously, this has nothing to do with Saddam.

Really...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Obviously, this has nothing to do with Saddam.

Really...

Matter of opinion, apparently, especially when some of those pictures come from the 1st Gulf War.

Further, Saddam comes into play as a countering alternative....really.

*edit* for word correction(s)

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

In my opinion, neither of these is a good alternative.

That is a fact. Beat the nail with a nail... I don't see any improvement, only about a million dead people.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Pretty unsettling the stupidity and gullability of people on this board.

1. We had no right to go into Iraq and destory it
2. We had no right to go into Iraq and place western Oil companies at the top of the OIL market
3. Saddams woodchipper / torturing was mainly done during the 80's. In the 90's he was far to paranoid about his own safety and rule that he barely left his compounds. The nation was working, it was a regional leader in education and health care.

Not only did America destory Iraq, its destoryed world confidence in itself, it helped destory its own economy and it forever created decades of hate and anger.

Just because the mainstream media ( the same media that tricked you into believe it was worthy ) doesnt report whats happening outside the greezone or to regular Iraqi's does not mean its working.

Iraq has been lost to Iran and militia.

and anyone who believes Americas mission of making it democratic and peaceful has worked, really needs their head checked.

We did nothing but allow sunni's to be massacred and tortured and for Shiites to take over baghdad.

If you follow Americas occupation in Iraq, your a disgrace to peaceful society.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is a tragedy, Iraq never "did" 9/11, or attacked America in any way, and look at what they got in return- millions dead, women left without husbands, brothers, fathers, or sons, their country destroyed.

Saddam and his military machine was horrible to his fellow Iraqis, and the US-imposed embargoes probably only furthered his rage and desperation, but George Bush was a thousand times worse than Saddam.

It wouldn't have mattered if the #tes and Shias kept on fighting each other, the United States would have maintained an occupation, and Iraq would have been turned into another United States of Rothschildia.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
No doubt, you wish that the Iraqi people were still under Saddam's oppressive hand. How quaint and redundant.

That has nothing to do with anything. You're speaking in ifs and "buts". These are REAL images. How nice you can roll your eyes are the truth. So you think its ok to supplant one bad situation for another?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate
That has nothing to do with anything. You're speaking in ifs and "buts". These are REAL images. How nice you can roll your eyes are the truth. So you think its ok to supplant one bad situation for another?

Real images of what, the first gulf war, the second, the current situation?
Anyone can post up images and claim them as being representative of such and such. Can I re-roll my eyes now?

At any rate, I replaced one "bad situation" with one that is largely greater than the one you apparently "roll your eyes at the truth." I am not sure what is more sad, you attempting to equate the current ground sitatuion in Iraq to that of being like under Saddam or your blantant anti-sentiments.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Right, because we haven't done the Iraqi people any good, haven't apologized, and haven't attempted to make good.

also next time our soldiers shouldn't defend themselves, they should just put down their weapons anytime any civilian might be in danger. Ever.

And next time 'civilians' start blowing us up, we should just say that it would be wrong to profile or set up checkpoints, and should just trust everyone.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Real images of what, the first gulf war, the second, the current situation?
Anyone can post up images and claim them as being representative of such and such. Can I re-roll my eyes now?

let's assume that the crime was committed in the 1st gulf war, committing the crime in the 1st gulf war is not differnt than committing it right now? isn't it?

watch this
www.youtube.com...
and this

www.youtube.com...

Right, because we haven't done the Iraqi people any good, haven't apologized, and haven't attempted to make good.

also next time our soldiers shouldn't defend themselves, they should just put down their weapons anytime any civilian might be in danger. Ever.

And next time 'civilians' start blowing us up, we should just say that it would be wrong to profile or set up checkpoints, and should just trust everyone.

iraqi people didn't ask you to occupy iraq and make your bases and ckeckpoints

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Pretty unsettling the stupidity and gullability of people on this board.

1. We had no right to go into Iraq and destory it.

Too late. The US is already there. Just picking up and leaving would be worse.

We had no right to go into Iraq and place western Oil companies at the top of the OIL market

The ol' "no blood for oil" argument. That's getting a bit old.

3. Saddams woodchipper / torturing was mainly done during the 80's. In the 90's he was far to paranoid about his own safety and rule that he barely left his compounds. The nation was working, it was a regional leader in education and health care.

I didn't know there was a statute of limitation on torture. Guess we can stop chasing Nazis, huh?

Not only did America destory Iraq, its destoryed world confidence in itself, it helped destory its own economy and it forever created decades of hate and anger.

The economy was going to inplode whether we went to Iraq or not. Good time to get a job in the defense industries is now!!

Just because the mainstream media ( the same media that tricked you into believe it was worthy ) doesnt report whats happening outside the greezone or to regular Iraqi's does not mean its working.

Doesn't mean it's not working, either.

Iraq has been lost to Iran and militia.

Oh, really? All I've seen are Iraqis that want everyone out of their country.

and anyone who believes Americas mission of making it democratic and peaceful has worked, really needs their head checked.

Yeah, might as well just go home and leave it to Iran. You know they'll do a better job at it.

We did nothing but allow sunni's to be massacred and tortured and for Shiites to take over baghdad.

If you follow Americas occupation in Iraq, your a disgrace to peaceful society.

BTW, it's "you're", not "your". If you're going to flame, at least spell things correctly.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
??
Sorry i stopped reading after your first to points.

1. Too late we are there

- that doesnt mean you can ignore the fact the went in there without just cause, and continue to occupy it.

2. Oil for blood is getting a bit old

- well, maybe thats because western oil companies won massive contracts for Iraqs oil fields. Lawyers would call that motive.

Idiots call that '' a bit old ''

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think its good to be reminded of whats going on there, there is absolutely no coverage Ive seen in the media about Iraq anymore. Its so ingrained on our minds as normal that every time we see "80 killed in iraq" in the newspaper we barely notice. And all it gets is a paragraph. Meanwhile Paris hilton gets a friggen page about her stupid tv show.

And they're right you shouldnt post gulf war photos in a post about the current war, that is very misleading, but nonetheless that does not take away from crimes being committed. Saddam was bad, but American occupation is bad too. To me its like saying this father used to rape and beat his kids, now he just beats them. yay

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Thanks for this OP.

It is clear that the world needs to see the reality of this invasion war.

So they remove a "dictator" and terrorise the iraqi people themselves and sell it al liberation and democracy.

I am sure that the old people in the first picture dont feel so liberated as some people make it seem.

If you get terroised and bombed like this i think you dont realy care if it is done by saddam or by the americans.

Terror is terror no metter how you wrap it up.

Thanks for showing this.

Wake up!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mosul
In the 6th anniversary of the American occupation of iraq
i would like to show you pictures from the daily life of the iraqies after the (holy liberation) which the iraqies was granted by Bush's adminstration

Yup the 6th anniversary so lets show a bunch of pictures and stir up some good old anti American hate.

Oh and by the way let's not post any sources for the pictures so nobody can verify them. Hey everybody lets just blindly all jump on the anti American bandwagon.

Ok I've reviewed your pictures and there are some major issue first off this one here just says hospital.

For all we know their loved one could have been hit by a car or whatever!

Now this next one is what? Why is he crying? Are to assume the evil Americans did something to him?

Now this next one you posted is even funnier here we have a family from Kuwait being rescued during the liberation of Kuwait in 1992 with a Qatari tank in the background.

This is one of my favorites no caption just some people who seem upset?

Now here is one of a Muslim on Muslim attack

Now here we have some victims from Saddams chemical attack on his own people for all we know.

Here we have the Iraqis being slaughtered by the thousands by the Evil Americans no wait! I'm sorry it's a political march they can do freely I'm sorry I was wrong.

Look at all the bloodshed in the streets. yeah it looks like she is really in need to run for cover.

Well now that most of the crap is done with. Lets talk about these next two.

I don't know how or when they got hurt. But My heart goes out to these children. But simply because you post some random pictures. Heck for all we know these kids could be from anywhere.

These pictures could be from Muslim on Muslim violence?

I'm not Naive I know the US has blood on it's hands but simply posting some random pictures just to stir up the crap is pretty lame and honestly I dont think it's worthy of an ATS post that's just my opinion I'm pretty sure the mods and the site owner may disagree with me.

Deny Ignorance.

Sleep well.

PEACE
SLAY

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Yeah, might as well just go home and leave it to Iran. You know they'll do a better job at it.

another pretext to continue occupying Iraq , formerly by the pretext of WMD , and now by the pretext of Iran.
let's wait to see which pretext will be used in the future.

Yup the 6th anniversary so lets show a bunch of pictures and stir up some good old anti American hate.

not anti-americanism, it is anti-American occupation.

Now this next one is what? Why is he crying? Are to assume the evil Americans did something to him?

yes , it is because the terror which the US forces are perpetrating against Iraqies

Now this next one you posted is even funnier here we have a family from Kuwait being rescued during the liberation of Kuwait in 1992 with a Qatari tank in the background.

there is no proof for this
by the way , the Kuwait war took place on 1991 , not 1992

Now here we have some victims from Saddams chemical attack on his own people for all we know.

by the way USA didn't condemn the chemichal attak and did continue its relation with Saddam adminstration after the attack.

by the way people were killed by the Iranian gas not the iraqi one
read this
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Here we have the Iraqis being slaughtered by the thousands by the Evil Americans no wait! I'm sorry it's a political march they can do freely I'm sorry I was wrong.

leaders of marches are being arrested by the US forces, and of course by the pretext of being terrorists.
this is the American Democracy!!!!

These pictures could be from Muslim on Muslim violence?

no this is the result of the US bombardment of democracy of iraq

the name of the child is Ali Ismail Abbas, wonded in a US bombardment.

"The facts of what happened to Ali are as follows: an American missile smashed into his home in the village of Zafaraniya, 30 miles from Baghdad, as his family slept, just after midnight. He was severely burnt and both his arms had to be amputated."

read this
www.commondreams.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join