It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

images from the so called liberation of iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
- well, maybe thats because western oil companies won massive contracts for Iraqs oil fields. Lawyers would call that motive.

Idiots call that '' a bit old ''

Hmmmm...if it were just for oil, we'd have bombed the country flat after we overran the oil fields. Why put any money into building schools, hospitals, feeding people, etc. Just waste them all and keep the oil for ourselves.

Idiots keep screaming "no blood for oil."

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
The Iraquis don't think so. They, like so many people across the world, would like US troops and bases out of their country. But that's not going to happen because the US has set up over a dozen deep desert bases, "just in case". In case of what, one might wonder.

"Dozen deep desert bases?" Got a source, or is that just something from prisonplanet or DailyKos?

And evidently, even though it may be getting old, you still haven't got an answer for it.

Read my response to the other individual about the "no blood for oil" comment.

John "McCail" actually said that we were there for just oil? Or are you just twisting his words a little bit?

And Alan Greenspan? You have to be kidding me! I guess he's a hidden military genius, huh? I really don't think he was sitting in on the invasion plans.

How about starting to chase the soldiers and "contractors" over there liable for war crimes? Blackwater prosecutions, for example? Or if you're feeling really ambitions, how about going after the war criminals responsible for this? Bush, Cheney, Blair?

At least you know where those guys are.

Yep, all Soldiers and contractors are war criminals. Bush, etc are, too.

Last I checked, Soldiers and contractors were being tried. Remember Murtha calling Marines "murderers" and whatnot? They went on trial for that. Funny thing is that they were found innocent and Murtha is being sued for his comments.

Really. Those billions of dollars spent on the war had no effect whatever on the US trade deficit?

If you think that the war didn't have an effect, you're off your rocker. It did, but there was a lot more that did more damage. How come we aren't pressing charges against Dodd and Frank?

Oh, the ungrateful wrtetches. The US wrecked the economy and infrastructure through sanctions, polluted the place with depleted uranium, sold the country and its resources to outside buyers, implemented a puppet government, encouraged civil war between two factions that had been living in peace for decades, brought in death squads...

Peace for decades? Yeah, because if they protested, Saddam would kill them. Guess you can call that peace, right?

Hey, I don't want to be in Iraq longer than necessary, but regardless what Obama and the left want, just pulling out and leaving them hanging is a bigger crime. Most people don't see that, tho. Just easier to cut your losses and run.

Why they don't strew every foreigner's path with flowers is quite beyond me. Nation building is such a thankless task.

Actually, it is. Look here on ATS. Guys that were in Iraq doing their job, try to tell other posters what it's really like, and then people who have never heard a shot fired in anger attempt to s**t on what they did.

You'd do rather better to answer the substantive points raised rather than chide people on their spelling. You're hardly an exemplar for grammar and vocabulary yourself. And you think that emoticons somehow constitute an argument. Now that is quaint.

My grammar and spelling aren't "exemplar"? Really? Pot, here's kettle.

Yeah, my emoticons constitute an argument. Just like that catch phrase "Deny Ignorance!"

And I think I answered the points. If you don't like my answers, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by jerico65]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Because, so long as people believed the charade, unrest at home and abroad would be a minimum.

But if they had of blatantly gone in, wiped everyone and thing out accept the oil fields, it would of been anarchy around the world.

Ignorance doesnt mean you have to fall for every idiots trick in the book!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mosul

Most of these pictures were from operation desert storm. Which we pulled out after that further alot of these pictures were from US forces freeing Kuwait from the Iraqi military. About 5 of the pictures were along hells highway. And i noticed at least for others using the old battle dress uniforms theyve changed since then.

So if your trying to prove what a great job US forces did to stop tyranny bravo for you. If your not then at least take the time to learn the context of a photo or it means nothing second trying to use 20 year old photos to prove yhat some how we mistreat iraqies is stupid. Ive been there and i can tell you what we have done for them And they are far better off today then they were under Saddam.

If you take the time to talk with them they will tell you. Little girls are going to school. Weve updated and often expanded electrical grids to include villages that never had electricity.Weve updated Hospitals with modern equipment and supplies.Weve trained the rescue departments on handling EMT work (helped with this myself i trained medics for almost 3 months) They no longer have to depend on food rations from Saddam they now have access to groceries. Many are now abled to get vehicles for the first time in there lives. So please go peddle your propaganda else where people here are too smart to buy it.

[edit on 4/12/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

What this guy said. There's a whole lot of MORON floating around on ATS these days.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Originally posted by The time lord
a Muslim country cannot be Muslim without killing of the infidels first while the next generation forgets their past while they are subbmitted to sharia without a clause of being set free.

Um wow talk about prejudice against Muslims yet again... what about Turkey, Morocco, Malaysia, Lebanon, Qatar, etc etc. I dont agree with sharia law but places like Iran under it still have many Christians and Jews and other faiths living there without being killed as infidels... get yer facts straight

Not all Muslims practice Sharia law good example is Turkey there Government continues to oppose "Islamic fundamentalism."Turkey has a broad ban on wearing Muslim religious dress in government facilities: including universities, schools, and workplaces.

Saudi Arabia you can be arrested for carrying a Bible there is a vast difference between sharia law. So i guess thats were the problem is a country practicing Islamic fundamentalism (being PC) Is violent barbaric and stuck in the middle ages. There countries out there in the world that realize the 21st century and Islamic traditions are incompatible its the old way of thinking. Just like Christianity lost its hold in the western world the same will happen to Islam.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Why put any money into building schools, hospitals, feeding people, etc. Just waste them all and keep the oil for ourselves.

to make the false propeganda of exporting democracy to Iraq

"Dozen deep desert bases?" Got a source, or is that just something from prisonplanet or DailyKos?

th esource is basically is in the bases ins Saudi Arabia , Qatar, etc, etc etc.

Yep, all Soldiers and contractors are war criminals. Bush, etc are, too.

yes they are , and as a proof watch this

with hysterical screams, US soldiers enjoy killing Iraqi civilians

If you think that the war didn't have an effect, you're off your rocker. It did, but there was a lot more that did more damage. How come we aren't pressing charges against Dodd and Frank?

it did , as the sectarianism and extrimism has increased, war on Iraq let Iran more free and gave it ability to expand over the neighbour countries

Peace for decades? Yeah, because if they protested, Saddam would kill them. Guess you can call that peace, right?

but you have substituted saddam by the Iranian and Al-Qaeda militias, what an achievement???

Most of these pictures were from operation desert storm. Which we pulled out after that further alot of these pictures were from US forces freeing Kuwait from the Iraqi military. About 5 of the pictures were along hells highway. And i noticed at least for others using the old battle dress uniforms theyve changed since then.

you're not right
watch this

[url]http://www.4shared.com/file/89480281/3cbb34/jhadfront_clip2.html" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
www.4shared.com...

it did , as the sectarianism and extrimism has increased, war on Iraq let Iran more free and gave it ability to expand over the neighbour countries

but you have substituted saddam by the Iranian and Al-Qaeda militias, what an achievement???

you're not right
watch this

[url]http://www.4shared.com/file/89480281/3cbb34/jhadfront_clip2.html

and read this

www.4shared.com...

Ive been there and i can tell you what we have done for them And they are far better off today then they were under Saddam.

better with what?
there is no electricity
no security
no water

Little girls are going to school. Weve updated and often expanded electrical grids to include villages that never had electricity.

so comic
the main cities have no electricy so don't give lies about the villages

Weve updated Hospitals with modern equipment and supplies.

not right, cardio-surgery can't be done at nowdays when it could be done before 2003

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Real images of what, the first gulf war, the second, the current situation?
Anyone can post up images and claim them as being representative of such and such. Can I re-roll my eyes now?

At any rate, I replaced one "bad situation" with one that is largely greater than the one you apparently "roll your eyes at the truth." I am not sure what is more sad, you attempting to equate the current ground sitatuion in Iraq to that of being like under Saddam or your blantant anti-sentiments.

It's obvious from your avatar that you are into torture, perversion and death, so your loving the war in Iraq and all the dead kids and mothers and fathers, the men tortured and raped in the torture dungeons, the people grieving for their loved ones, their homes destroyed, horrors of hell etched into their brain -- must tickle your elite supremacist selfish ego. Why do you hate these people so much? What have they done to you? Are you a Zionist along with your obvious other perversions?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
Saudi Arabia you can be arrested for carrying a Bible there is a vast difference between sharia law. So i guess thats were the problem is a country practicing Islamic fundamentalism (being PC) Is violent barbaric and stuck in the middle ages. There countries out there in the world that realize the 21st century and Islamic traditions are incompatible its the old way of thinking. Just like Christianity lost its hold in the western world the same will happen to Islam.

Hey, it's not the Muslims or the real Christians that are perpetrating these horrors. It is the Zionist Luciferians who worship the dragon and serve him day and night, who love his image, and who revel in death, torture, destruction of families and anything that's good and innocent and decent, like these families who love their children, love each other, and who have hurt nobody.

Christians who support this crap do so because they have been duped into listening to people on Fox News and people Rush Limbaugh (Zionist pedophile drug addict phony conservative) who have passed themselves off as prolife, conservative. They are not any of those things.

We've all been lied to and fed a load of poison crap by the media. Just put yourselves in the shoes of these people. 1.5 million men, women and children we have killed with our infernal bombs and shock and awe. The torture dungeons, water boarding, the whole thing is from Hell.

The time has come to refuse to condone or support this and oppose the criminals who have stolen the government, infiltrated it top to bottom with Luciferians who like to wear aprons with the jolly roger, who are into killing and stealing and lies and deceit.

Anybody who listens to their lies after all that we have seen recently has got a serious character flaw, if nothing else.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mosul

so the electrical system isnt better thats not what the iraqies state.

BAGHDAD -- The amount of power generated in Iraq is higher than it was before the end of the reign of leader Saddam Hussein in 2003, RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq reports. Electricity Minister Karim Wahid said in Babil Province on February 18 that the country's power output has reached 6,760 megawatts, some 2,500 megawatts more than the amount being generated in 2003 before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

Iraqs Electricity Production

I noticed you call your self Mosul I'm assuming because of all the problems with terrorists coming from there Ive been to Mosul have you? The only thing that is slowing down US withdrawal is the fact that there is still idiots fighting for territory or why there religion is better than there neighbors. Hate to tell US troops aren't killing anybody its Iraqis killing other Iraqis. In fact i would get frustrated at times because we would patrol an area then we would leave and someone would explode a bomb in the mall makes yo wonder what could you have done. Now in conclusion ill say your a very misguided individual, All the facts in the world are not going to get you to change your mind i see that. But at least if your going to try to push off your agenda whatever it might be present facts not just accusations i back up what i have to say.

PS as previously established the pictures posted are a load of BS and you claim about conditions in Iraq being bad today year 2009 prove it.

[edit on 4/12/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mosul
to make the false propeganda of exporting democracy to Iraq

How much democracy was there before? How many women were allowed to vote?

th esource is basically is in the bases ins Saudi Arabia , Qatar, etc, etc etc.

Really? Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think there are any more bases in Saudi.

And this has what to do with the US economy? Not that I don't agree with you on that.

True, but things are changing and the Iraqi people are standing up to the AQ, etc.

you're not right
watch this
with hysterical screams, US soldiers enjoy killing Iraqi civilians....(see original post for link).

I can't read your sources at this time, but I think I'd question anything that was posted on something called, "jhadfront".

better with what?
there is no electricity
no security
no water

so comic
the main cities have no electricy so don't give lies about the villages

Funny, when I was flying in that AO, the cities/villages were lit up like Christmas trees.

not right, cardio-surgery can't be done at nowdays when it could be done before 2003

Hmmm, then where did all the hospital equipment that was sent to Iraq went to?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The sad reallity is that Saddam and his sons could have been killed by sharp shooters or some well placed bombs without an invansion. All Bush had to do is increase funding to the CIA to infiltrate Iraq and kill the leaders. Instead he chose war that killed hundreds of thousands.

Bush is a total and complete failure. I hope if they find evidence of criminal decisions that he spends the rest of his life in prison to pay for the atrocities he and his administration purpurtrated on his own country and the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
The sad reallity is that Saddam and his sons could have been killed by sharp shooters or some well placed bombs without an invansion. All Bush had to do is increase funding to the CIA to infiltrate Iraq and kill the leaders. Instead he chose war that killed hundreds of thousands.

Bush is a total and complete failure. I hope if they find evidence of criminal decisions that he spends the rest of his life in prison to pay for the atrocities he and his administration purpurtrated on his own country and the world.

sure Sir, you start to understand the game of Bush`s administration .saddam could have been killed in many occasions, there were unlimited opportunities to assassinate him and his sons and save lives and resources of Iraqis, but they wouldn’t do it because this ``dictator ``was a justification to invade the whole Region and put their hand on the oil and of course to save Israel.
I’m 100% sure that the CIA has at least 100 reports on this case. That the US technology was able to terminate saddam within a short period of time, without causing any harm to the human race.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by almawsil]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by almawsil

I'm sure assassination was discussed but that would have put his sons in power and they were crazier than there father. And on at least one instance i was told about we missed him by 8 min he was supposed to attend a meeting turns out he was late. Destroyed the bunker and he got to miraculously survive. In fact afterwards got kind of a god complex. Thought he was destined to rule the world and had gods permission. Although i will say I am glad we have people like yourself working for the pentagon to keep us informed about what the us government does. Thanks for your service.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
thanks for posting the pictures.

gives you an idea of what being invaded really means.

We really liberated the &*#@ out of that country.

I haven't really read any of the excuses given on this thread for killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people (and yeah according to John Hopkins its around 700,000 dead in Iraq), because nothing you can say can disguise mass murder enough for me to think it was justified.

the sanctions alone killed over 1 million innocent Iraqi civilians. At the time Secretary of State Madeline Albright conceded that 500,000 CHILDREN were killed as a result of them. And she though it was necessary!

Saddman Hussein has nothing on US policy. not even close.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join