It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to North Korea: Don't launch your rocket

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So could the Japanese set off an EMP within the range of the missile without NK knowing? That way it would look like a mechanical failure.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Thanks for you opinion.
The fact of the matter is that little Kim is unstable OK so he isn't stupid but has that in the past stopped unstable leaders from making dumb mistakes?
No!

Why does N Korea need a communication satellite? They are forced to live in the stone age by their own communist government and because of their backwards monolithic dictator who has completely brainwashed the N Korean populous into believing he is almost a God like his father. It isn't like North Korea needs a comm sat when they don't even have enough power to light up their country at night what are they going to communicate? More Static over the airwaves?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

wouldn't the American people like to try a year, heck 6 months

without being at war with someone ??

Funny how it used to be "wouldn't Bush like to have 6 months of peace" and now it's "the American people".

Obama is now officially in charge, if we go to war it's his choice.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NateNute

Wether they could let off an EMP blast near the rocket or not, it simply would not appear like a malfunction . There would be too many side effects from such an attack , and if they let one off right at the launch site, the entire base having its comms and all electrical systems go down at once would be a dead giveaway.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
what worries me is that i've never heard obama even mention north korea and this rocket/missile. only hillery has said anything. whose the president here? who has that final say if this turns out to be a war? watch this space all will be clear soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with what they 'need'. Should they stay in the stoneage forever because it happens to suit our interests? Does the US 'need' everything we develop?

If recent history is any indication, you don't need to be 'unstable' to make 'bad decisions'. But there is a vast differnce between making a 'bad decision' and nuking another country.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Funny how it used to be "wouldn't Bush like to have 6 months of peace" and now it's "the American people".

Obama is now officially in charge, if we go to war it's his choice.

Give me a break. The Korean war has never officially ended! Every US President since has had to deal with this situation.

armistice

With the UN's acceptance of India's proposal for a Korean armistice, a cease-fire was established on July 27, 1953, by which time the front line was back around the proximity of the 38th parallel, and so a demilitarized zone (DMZ) was established around it, presently defended by North Korean troops on one side and by South Korean, American and UN troops on the other.

The DMZ runs north of the parallel towards the east, and to the south as it travels west. The site of the peace talks, Kaesong, the old capital of Korea, was part of the South before hostilities broke out but is now part of the North. North Korea and the United States signed the Armistice Agreement, with Syngman Rhee refusing to sign.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

And your implying that the US is going to nuke. Who said anything about nuking them?

They have chosen to isolate and now they are making the area unstable by threatening their neighbors. This is not just a US issue the South Koreans and Japan are having major issues with this. Remember them? They are our allies so we support them.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Or what?

Def. Sec. Gates has gone on record several times now saying that there's nothing the U.S. can (will?) do about the PRK missile launch.

So whatever Hillary and Barry say, it's all bluster unless we take covert action.

We are more than capable of taking it out. Don't let the media or anything else fool you into thinking the US Can not. We have the ability.

If we do not then that was a choice not a lack of ability.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Use HARP. Problem solved. NK technology is perceived as flawed. No one dies.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
my god people ... there are some many sheeple here ...

there is NO WAY a war would take place .... there is no way ...

why? because the US only attacks those who cannot defend themselves ..

they wont start a nuclear war .. they will let the NK launch whatever they want ...

the only way a war woulc occour is that if NK tries to launch something into some country ... and thats not going to happen ... they cannot be that crazy ...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

why? because the US only attacks those who cannot defend themselves ..

Hm.. tell that to Japan, Germany, Italy, Vietnam...Iraq at a point in time...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

What? Where the duce did you get that? What are you talking about? I never implied or said anything about the US nuking anyone.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

U.S. to North Korea: Don't launch your rocket

WHO (what) is the US to tell them so?? Nobody told the US anything when they performed all kind of launches and tests, not even when they had the atomic bomb .......

Isn't it kind of easy and lame to tell others how dangerous certain launches are if you yourself already have been doing hiddious tests all over the world? I believe it's quite hypocrite!

Maybe other countries would lay off testing IF the US is prepared to SHARE all their knowledge!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Wow has the US Blinked? It seems that we may back down and let little Kimmy get his way.

I don't think the US has blinked. Most of the articles I've read have stated that the US would not do anything unless the missile was aimed at the US.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

What? Where the duce did you get that? What are you talking about? I never implied or said anything about the US nuking anyone.

Well unless I misunderstood? You did.

Originally posted by jtma508

If recent history is any indication, you don't need to be 'unstable' to make 'bad decisions'. But there is a vast differnce between making a 'bad decision' and nuking another country.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Forgive me if I piss someone off but this (global mess) is not about N. Korea or the "good old US of A"...excuse me while I take a moment to puke. Its about good verses evil and in very high places. Humanity was not meant to last forever, how could it with all the global hatred growing daily and for good reasons. "Look up" for he comes quickly. If you call this life then you are dead for it will surely becom a living hell.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta

Maybe other countries would lay off testing IF the US is prepared to SHARE all their knowledge!

There are plenty of countries not just the US that the North could buy satellites from and have them placed in orbit for them and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to.

I think considering the financial disaster that North Korea is in, it would have been quicker, cheaper and easier to have purchased somebody elses off the shelf technology.

IF in fact that is really what they wanted to do!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by chapter29

Let them fire their missle...so what?

I'd rather let them have their 15 minutes off (non)fame, than really embarrass them and give them no other option but to go loco to 'save face'...

You need to realize however, that it is FAR from that simple.

For starters, allowing any successful Missile Launch after being threatened of retaliatory consequences, will show us as being weak and easy to cave in. Just the fact that North Korea will defy our orders to cease and desist, is in of itself a show of weakness to the world.

Also of great importance, is the little known fact that North Korea manufactures the Launch Vehicles for Iran's Nuclear Weapons Program. In other words, a successful launch by North Korea will essentially represent a "Sales Pitch", and thus increase Proliferation based orders from other Nations and Organizations.

Yes, I know it is not that simple...I wasn’t watering down the situation with the intent of under minding what could result from this; I just think intervention in front of the whole world is not the answer here...covertly yes, but not on the global stage.

And defy OUR orders..? We haven’t been doing a great job as the Worlds Police, and our military is already burnt out, yet you would rather we get involved to remain a super power and ‘save face’ regardless of the consequences..?

Might Makes Right isn’t always the answer...

As for the ‘Sales Pitch’, countries are gonna do business with whomever has the best product for the best price, and NK is country in financial distress with a capacity to build WMD’s...preventing them from gaining data on this launch may slow the process, but they will still go forward with whatever program they deem essential.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Doesn't N. Korea have the right to launch a missile for delivering a satellite in orbit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join