It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to North Korea: Don't launch your rocket

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by SLAYER69

We are more than capable of taking it out. Don't let the media or anything else fool you into thinking the US Can not. We have the ability.

If we do not then that was a choice not a lack of ability.

I don't question our technical ability, I question this administration's resolve.

BHO and his cohorts are in the "blame America" mode and are apologists rather than leaders.

I believe Gates merely acknowledged what was at that time the prevailing sentiment; the U.S. will let Japan lead on this.

jw

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Also of great importance, is the little known fact that North Korea manufactures the Launch Vehicles for Iran's Nuclear Weapons Program. In other words, a successful launch by North Korea will essentially represent a "Sales Pitch", and thus increase Proliferation based orders from other Nations and Organizations.

Could you please provide a source for this little known fact that North Korea manufactures the Launch Vehicles for Iran's Nuclear Weapons.

I was unaware of any nuclear weapons program in Iran, I have heard of a civillian nuclear power, but even the IAEA has said that there is no evidence of a weapons program.
in fact the only ones who are certain of this program is Israel, and of course they wouldn't have anything to gain from false accusations now would they?

The United States is certain of the program, as are the French, and many others, the only differing aspect is on the timeline. The Israeli's believe that Iran either has Nuclear Weapons as of now, or they will within the next few months. The United States' official position is that the Iranians will most likely have a "Bomb" within a Year or Two. Others believe that it will be much longer before Iran has the capability to assemble Nuclear warheads. The one aspect that nearly every Intel agency agrees on however, is that it is all a matter of WHEN, NOT IF.

Pakistani Engineers are the ones who assisted the Iranians in constructing/assembling the Centrifuges necessary for enrichment, the Russians provided the fissile material, and the North Koreans are providing the launch vehicles.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by pluckynoonez

wouldn't the American people like to try a year, heck 6 months

without being at war with someone ??

I think you miss the point.

anyway the I believe it was said the missle is going to fly directly over Japan. Thats a valid problem. Japan has the right to shoot it down.

If NK want's a satalite, why can't they have China launch it for them or something?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
North Korea has put itself in a situation similar to places lie Haiti and some African states, notably Zimbabwe. Decades of vastly counterproductive leadership have brought these places to their knees economically. Dissent is crushed, while there is widespread starvation, government sanctioned mass murder, and rampant disease, not to even mention the lack of human rights.

The rest of the relatively civilized world is forced to watch on the sidelines as the regime heads become more intractable and unresponsive to reason or outside help. Caught up in their personal vanities and delusions and increasingly out of touch with the realities of the global community they have to inteface with.

In cold hard terms the world just wait and hopes the current leaders will die soon, their regimes disintegrate, or that things will become so terrible a spontaneous overthrow will occur with a more realistic governance forming in the wake.

The frustrated leaders like Kim and Mugabe know that their aberrant self-destructive policies get them media attention and offers of needed goods in exchange for compliance. This they enjoy and have become conditioned to expect every time they even mention a new outrageous act.

Despite the historical overviews of countries like the US benefiting by default after WWII, few seek to provoke large scale wars these days. The costs and risks with so many hidden variables can be devastating even if you win.

North Korea is a basket case nation. Kim's irrational behaviour is the wild card. No one can predict what his priorities are and how he will play his hand. There is genuine fear he will do something regrettable.

Mike

[edit on 4-4-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

In a nutshell North Korea is a basket case nation. Kim's irrational behaviour is the wild card. No one can predict how he will play his hand, and there is real fear he'll do something regrettable.

Mike

Nicely put mike.

Everybody tends to get down on the US and her allies over this flap meantime they all seem to forget who is causing the issue.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What issue?

You mean to say NO one has launched a satilite before ?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Kinda grinds my gears this. I feel that if Kim Jong Il is worth going to war with , because hes threatening the world, then surely he was worth going to war with to free the population of North Korea from his grip? Its the same as what made me angry about the Saddam Hussien thing . Yeah he needed to die, and publicly . It should be known to all in this world that you cant just destroy people for decades , in your own nation, and get away with it. But what I do not understand is why it took SO long for them to get the job done. I mean all it would have taken would have been a few sniper rounds taking himself and all his doubles out and then all would have been cushty save for a little pacification. If they had done a proper job like that in Gulf war one , then Gulf war two would not have happened. Similarly , if they had black opsed Kim Jong Il when they should have ages ago, then again , none of this bull would be happening. Learn to finish a job already !! Clue to the armed forces... f- the orders, if its evil destroy it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Kinda grinds my gears this. I feel that if Kim Jong Il is worth going to war with , because hes threatening the world, then surely he was worth going to war with to free the population of North Korea from his grip? Its the same as what made me angry about the Saddam Hussien thing . Yeah he needed to die, and publicly . It should be known to all in this world that you cant just destroy people for decades , in your own nation, and get away with it. But what I do not understand is why it took SO long for them to get the job done. I mean all it would have taken would have been a few sniper rounds taking himself and all his doubles out and then all would have been cushty save for a little pacification. If they had done a proper job like that in Gulf war one , then Gulf war two would not have happened. Similarly , if they had black opsed Kim Jong Il when they should have ages ago, then again , none of this bull would be happening. Learn to finish a job already !! Clue to the armed forces... f- the orders, if its evil destroy it.

Wow, tough talk

After North Korea , Lets say we attack China, they have a human rights

record to rival NK

BUT, China will fight back, so we know THAT wont happen, so the US plays

school yard bully and picks only on small kids

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Which makes them worse than everyone of the dictatorships in the freakin world. Ok , I dont LIKE dictatorial governance because it stunts positive progress, but at least many of them are for the most part only interested in the areas inside thier borders (obvious exceptions aside) where as the whole " I dont like your behaviour , I am therefore by the power vested in me by my position of power (which also gives me erectile issues at inoppertune moments) to make war with you (even though you are so far away from us that there is not a cats chance in hellfire that you will EVER be able to accurately strike at my nation)". Its one or the other in my book . I dont agree with the US going off half cocked trying to pwn the worlds alternative political systems, and then leaving them half broken. If you are going do mess something up for someone, do it completely , so totaly , that there is no comming back, because otherwise you are going to get screwed later. Its not rocket science.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

BUT, China will fight back, so we know THAT wont happen, so the US plays

school yard bully and picks only on small kids

I think you're confused about the situation. North Korea is the bully.
Understand the situation fully . You should try to learn about the whole history behind the issues instead of posting an opinion based on emotion. War is exactly what everybody is trying to avoid here.

China will fight back?
Even Beijing is tired of little Kimmy. Learn more here

[edit on 4-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I believe Seany was saying that if the US attacked China , they would be able to mount more than a token defence, which makes it even more unlikely that America will ever bother. I think its Seany's opinion that America only goes to war in places where the worst it will get is a skinned knee.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I understand his opinion. This is about North Korea and how it has been acting for over the last 58+ years. If the US was that big of a "Bully" We would have taken them out decades ago. Way before they ever developed nukes or missile abilities.

North Korea wants to discuss the issue solely with the US.

The US stance is that all the parties involved need to be part of any negotiations.
South Korea, North Korea, China, Japan, Russia and the US, but little Kimmy doesn't want the others involved in any talks. He wants to discuss this only with the US for some reason.

People need to understand the South Korea and Japan have very modern and capable military's in their own right. Has anybody ever considered the possibility that they may act in a manner that may be counter productive?

Until little Kimmy agrees to have all parties involved in the negotiations it's a Mute issue.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The missile will only be shoot by Japan if:

(3) Scope of objects targeted for destruction

A ballistic missile, etc. that is judged to be launched by North Korea which is confirmed by Japan’s Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) system to fall on Japan’s territory.

About the US... it's probably the same, except if they want to deny North Korea any info for their missile program.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

*raises hand slowly* Um, Japan has a military? I thought they just had a self defense force. Doesn't sound like a full fledged military to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

Yes they have a military.
It was named that to silence the old imperialism fears.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
War is the last thing I would like to see happen in the world right now. It would mean unnecessary death and suffering for so many innocent people.

BUT ... if it's going to happen, I'd just love to see Iran and it's proxy regimes in Syria, Lebanon, Gaza teamed up with North Korea along with backup supplied by Venezuela and Cuba - put their money where their mouth is.

Take on the Zionist entity and the Great Satan.

China and Russia would call in sick that day.

It would be over in days, then everybody could get back to business.

Everyone knows it. Ergo lots of rhetoric and sabre-rattling from some very insecure players.

People who want a war don't talk about it and give weekly reports on their weaponry.

Mike

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Slayer69.
I find myself trying to star your posts more than once.
you are doing a fantasic job of informing members about this hideous and grievous war, that has been going on for more than 58 years.
Salute!
I was dismayed ...no.. infuriated... that so many of our members have no idea that 36,940 Americans have given the Supreme Sacrifice in Korea... with 8,176 MIA AND 1,312,836 South Korean dead. Plus other allies for a total of over 2million dead. But I will blame it on the scholastic history that they have been taught. It is really not their fault.

home.earthlink.net...
I had long past lost my patience trying to explain this complex war to them. let alone the current circumstances.
You have done an outstanding job with not only your coverage of the unfolding events, but truly your patience with the unknowing.
Thank you.

Peace

Edit to get the exact toll of dead and MIA...they deserve some accuracy.May God Bless them.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

You are most correct.

You have to let people "save face".

People will do anything to not admit they are in error.

Pride is number one in most people's book even before logic.

Part of the human animal's make up.

We, I am sure have people stationed there as well as positioned satellites recording what these buggers are up to.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

It's all good.
People are people and they will believe what ever is shown them whether it's the truth or not. That is the danger. People forgetting or not bothering to learn true facts of history. That means we are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Some just want to jump on the band wagon of anti Americanism. Which they don't bother to consider the whole history of events. Even if that history is shown by a third non biased party they will scream propaganda when all they really need to do is find somebody in their own family or culture who is well informed and has lived through those periods of history and listen to them.

All my life I have never worried about trying to be popular or to go with the "IN" crowd and right now Anti Americanism is very popular these days.

So be it, no sweat off my back side.

It doesn't matter in 50 or 60 years when the next influential power comes to pass then it will be their turn to be criticized and critiqued to death. It has always happened and will always happen that's just human nature.

Criticize the guy on top and blame him/her for all our own problems or the problems with the world instead of taking responsibility for our own actions.

IT really is that simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join