It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to North Korea: Don't launch your rocket

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

No. They are not allowed to posses or test any missile
Read some of the threads about this..UNSC resolution 1718.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Edit to add link to thread with resolution 1718

www.un.org...

And the resolution in it's entirety :
daccessdds.un.org...

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As punishment for launching the rocket will be an Ipod, from President Obama, loaded with 8 hours video speeches from Hilary and himself.

That should stop em.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Oh the humanity ......nooooo...make it stop. That would do it!
Li'l kim would be giving back things he didn'steal.
Send that idea to The State Dept. ASAP

Edit to Add: "The United States Government does not condone torture, in any form."
That's the response they will likely reply with.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What its really all about is they dont want anyone else seeing what is 'really' up there, in space. afraid they may discover something. something strange.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Let 'em launch.
And HOPE for success. It is a CHANGE the world needs.

After the G20, it would be a bit hypocritical of the USA to denounce the progress of a DEVELOPING nation... would it not.

Who cares if the UN has said NO? When has the US cared what the UN said, why should NK be any different?

A whole lotta posturing goin' on...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

That's an interesting thought.

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0. Ignition. We have ignition. Liftoff. We have liftoff.

Set firing codes. Firing codes set.

Will NK air burst a nuke for demonstration(not at any specific target)? It could happen.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
To me it is as simple as this:

Modern technology and mathematics is advanced enough to calculate the projected trajectory of the missile once it gets airborne.

If it is aimed at an earth target outside NK, shoot it down and provide the evidence of it's trajectory.

If it is aimed at space, leave it alone.

If (and probably when) it is shot down, the people responsible hold the lives of over a million Seoul citizens in their hands. If NK chooses to fire their artillery... it will be the biggest loss of civilian life in a single day in the history of the world.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
How many countries already have satellites in orbit? Maybe were trying to suppress other countries from sending junk into orbit so we don't have to navigate around there crap for future launches.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

it will be the biggest loss of civilian life in a single day in the history of the world.

It would be hard to top...

March 10 1945, Tokyo: 100.000 deads
Dresden bombing: 24k to 40k deads
Hamburg: 42k deads
Hiroshima: 80.000
Nagasaki: 40.000

Seoul's population: 10 millions and 24 million total around. Yep, they would probably break it. But doing so would result in the end of North Korea. NATO would invade North Korea.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Those numbers would be nothing.

I'm not trying to be morbid, but there is so many people jammed in a small area in Seoul. NK has, I think it was 10,000, artillery pieces aimed at the city. If say each gun fired 5 shells thats 50,000 shells raining down on a city. If each shell killed an average of 2 people, you are talking over 100,000 dead.

That is just a conservative estimate. They wouldn't stop at 5 shells.

In the past though, NK has been all talk and no walk. As I said in another thread though, all their public statements are now being made by unnamed generals. This makes me think Kim is dead and the military is covering it up to maintain power. They won't back down as easy.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I for one am glad that there is a country out there who do not answer to the U.S. I don't understand why we Americans whine and moan when another country develops the ability to defend themselves. This happened with India when they were going through with their nuclear program, with Russia, China, Pakistan, more recently Iraq(WMD's still not found) and now North Korea.

I just wish my ancestral country of South Korea would grow some balls like their brothers up North. At least the DPRK do not answer to a foreign entity, they are in the very words SOVEREIGN. Screw it I say, shoot the damn thing and be successful. And show the idiots who created the 38th parallel (USA, Russia, Japan) they made a huge mistake and that the Korean peninsula will take no more imperialism.

What pisses me off even more is the fact that any country who tries to build any kind of arsenal are deemed as having an "evil" intention. Well, lets remember who has the biggest arsenal out there. For any small country to let another state to have better and more toys is not only freakin stupid its extremely irresponsible. Its a welcome mat for any country to come and invade. Its this simple, small poor countries have the most outdated military equipment around, what better way to deter a much better equipped army than with WMDs?

Just because they are building it doesn't mean they are going to attack the freakin U.S. !!

[edit on 3-4-2009 by DrChuck]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What would happen to North Korea is they go to war and lose and kim jong il's palace gets destroyed?

Does it become KOREA once again? Will US Troops leave? Will US Troops border China in Korea?

Im confused.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

If that ever came to pass then he US would have no reason to stay now that "China so owns the US" No more threat hey we might actually save money by pulling out.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta

Originally posted by SLAYER69

[edit on 3-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

WHO (what) is the US to tell them so?? Nobody told the US anything when they performed all kind of launches and tests, not even when they had the atomic bomb .......

Isn't it kind of easy and lame to tell others how dangerous certain launches are if you yourself already have been doing hiddious tests all over the world? I believe it's quite hypocrite!

Maybe other countries would lay off testing IF the US is prepared to SHARE all their knowledge!

The U.N. has told them not to in a security council resolution way back when. The U.N. and the U.S. are still technically still at war with them. The North Korean dictators have probably killed more people than Hitler and thats just their own people.

They are always threatening everyone with attack so yeah we can tell them what the heck to do because they want food and oil from us, If they want anything ever again they had better behave or they will get a world class beating from every country in that region and the U.S.

If that missile goes the slightest over Japan like it should given that it don't fail early then Japan and the U.S. have every right to shoot it down.

If Japan or the U.S. does shoot it down and then North Korea attacks the South, South Korean troops will hold them off with our air and naval assets blasting them to bits until we can airlift our troops from Iraq, A-stan and others to the South and retake the north. That is the plan and I heard that from the Generals mouth last night. He also said with out a shadow of a doubt that we would win.

The only thing that may change that plan would be intervention by China to take the north for themselves or to just help out by beating little Kim's butt but I don't think they want that headache.
I know that China wont take Kim's side again because they hate the leadership now.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

There are plenty of countries not just the US that the North could buy satellites from and have them placed in orbit for them and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to.

I think considering the financial disaster that North Korea is in, it would have been quicker, cheaper and easier to have purchased somebody elses off the shelf technology.

IF in fact that is really what they wanted to do!

Excuse me, its exactly this kind of paranoia thinking that lets wars continue on Earth!

I'm anti violance, I'm anti-war, anti-rocket launches for NO or wasteless purposes and I'm heavy anti space junk!!

IF countries ALL over the world would be more willing to share not only their knowledge but also their facilities, the world would deff. be a better place. As long as people think in 'we' and 'them' there is no hope.

I'm very well aware that US is not the only country with missile-tests and satellites. But instead of using all this high technology for spionage activities those countries should be trying to learn from each other.

Today I saw Obama on telly, in Germany, where he said he's making plans to pull back nuclier missiles. Good idea but please let sharing be the main issue instead of cleaning up the mess a country itself has made over the years.

NOW they talk about cleaning up junk that is ON the Earth and at the same time a lot of countries, and US also, are using the space around Earth as one giant junkyard. WHEN will they talk about cleaning up that mess? When its impossible to go to the moon without having an accident?
When will we, humanity, ever learn?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Nothing more than diplomatic Obama administration jargon for "Please don't fire your rocket or we will send a written ALL CAPS letter to the U.N. condemning such an act."

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
As punishment for launching the rocket will be an Ipod, from President Obama, loaded with 8 hours video speeches from Hilary and himself.

That should stop em.

I almost peed myself reading that, thank you, a star for you.

Do we have a countdown? Any live video links? Any chance MTV will use that footage for their top of the hour intro? It would be appropriate, not really, but...when!

Seriously, launch that bottle-rocket! or don't. Honestly, I get more annoyed at kids with those throwing exploding caps around the 4th of July than I do waiting for this to happen.

Launch the rocket already! Let's have some outrage!

(On a side note, I miss Condi Rice...what would she say over and over in this situation? I can hear it now, it sounds like "Russia must leave Georgia immediately" but it would be different but similar. Okay I am done removing my brain and kicking it across the room.....)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Regarding the OP , this NK game has sincerly gotten old. However i am not too excited about their upcomming launch , having in mind a weird and somewhat linked feeling to the previous events during the last couple of weeks , that they are not bluffing and that they are serious this time. I hope i am wrong. Even though i wish this would not happen , i am still confident about Japan's reaction and i strongly believe that the missle should be eliminated. It's Japan's air space , if the country says no you cannot fly that thing over my territory than it should be no. I am sure that any of China and NK's supporters around here would not like seeing US flying random missles around their airspace , especially when the country says and threatens to take it down.

I have no comments regarding Obama's solution to this problem. I am eagerly waiting to witness his reactions after this goes through , that should give me a more precies input about how the next 4 years will go.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta

Excuse me, its exactly this kind of paranoia thinking that lets wars continue on Earth!

I'm anti violance, I'm anti-war, anti-rocket launches for NO or wasteless purposes and I'm heavy anti space junk!!

I don't consider being aware of potentially dangerous situations "Paranoid"
I consider it my duty to be aware or at least try to be aware of whats going on in the world. Somehow I doubt that the vast majority of the North Koreans even have a clue that their pint sized madman is about to bring their country to the brink of war over an over sized ego.

Space junk? Well that is a problem and one solution is to start cleaning up the messes.

Besides whats wrong with cleaning up the wreckage of the past? You might as well start someplace.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by jdub297

Sorry, but if you do a descent search and look at all the media "news" in respect to Iraq prior to the invasion, you WILL see exactly or damn similar statements. But hey then again no such Long Range Missiles or Weapons of Mass Destructions were found.

Oh just in case you happen to mention the Scud Missiles, well that was the ultimate joke for who ever has a descent background in icbm knowledge.

A decentsearch reveals Iran has orbital and sub-orbital missiles.

On Monday, February 2, Iran successfully launched a small satellite into low-earth orbit, in what represents a major step forward for the Iranian missile program. Rocket technology is transferable, of course, and the technical ability to place a satellite in low orbit is closely related to the ability to deliver a warhead over a long distance, even intercontinental distance. There are many similarities between the booster technology for missiles and that for space programs. Ballistic missiles are in a sense space weapons, as warheads spend most of their time traveling outside the atmosphere.
www.missilethreat.com...

Iran successfully launched last year an upgraded Shahab-3 ballistic missile as part of a navy exercise, dubbed Great Prophet 3, in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz.
en.rian.ru...

Adecentsearch reveals Iran is developing weaponized nuclear fuel.

Tehran announced in late February that it had 6,000 operating centrifuges at Natanz and was planning to install a total of 50,000 over the next five years.

Commenting on the Iranian nuclear program, Dvorkin said the potential danger of its military aspect was not the possibility of a nuclear strike against some countries, but the ability to assume a more bold approach in dealing with the international community after becoming a nuclear power.
en.rian.ru...

Re-read, or read for the first time, the articles and sources I've referenced. These are not similar to the Iraq WMD reports. They do not come from an "interested party" but from independent third parties.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join