It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petraeus: Israel might attack Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Petraeus: Israel might attack Iran

www.presstv.ir

Top US commander in the Middle East, General David Petraeus says Israel might choose to attack Iran as a move to halt its nuclear program.

"The Israeli government may ultimately see itself so threatened by the prospect of an Iranian nuclear weapon that it would take preemptive military action to derail or delay it," Petraeus told the US Congress on Wednesday.

The head of the US Central Command also accused Iran of failing "to provide the assurances and transparency...
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT:
Related News Article:
Petraeus Says Israel Might Choose to Attack Iran
www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 1-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
"Here we go again!"

- Netanyahu and Likud is in power, what other can we wait?
- Gaza trauma is still baddly unhealed - unfinished business.
- "Obama International Fraud" is working fine!
- G-20 is doomed by Banksters to fail

- Arab nations are sucked to dry with cheap oil...

Please - "Putin The Great" - give some S-300 AA missiles to those poor Persians, and more of those sunburns too.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
To understand where we are heading now, and fast.

Israeli FM dismisses Annapolis deal

Israel's new foreign minister has said that the government is not bound by the agreement reached at the Annapolis conference in the US in 2007, which provides for a Palestinian state.

Avigdor Lieberman, leader of the ultra-nationalist Yisrael Beitenu party, made the remarks at a handover ceremony at the foreign ministry on Wednesday, the day after a new broad coalition government was sworn in.

"There is one document that obligates us - and that's not the Annapolis conference, it has no validity," he said.

english.aljazeera.net...

- I have enjoyed these few months after "Gaza Horrors" - because I knew this peace wont last long - I think time has come now, like I expected. I am so sorry for all the childrens of the world - but I see that WW3 is about to continue and escalate very soon.

Obama tells Netanyahu: U.S. committed to Israel's security

U.S. President Barack Obama called newly sworn in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday to congratulate him on his new position, and to reaffirm steadfast U.S. commitment to Israel and its security.

"The president said he looked forward to working closely with Prime Minister Netanyahu and his government to address issues of mutual concern, including Iran and Arab-Israeli peace," the White House said in a statement following the half-hour conversation.

www.haaretz.com...

- Cant you see?

"Yes we can!"

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If NK attacks SK and Japan...
You bet your balls Israel will go after Iran in the light of the news.
Iran will retaliate..

From there? Who knows?

U.S, Russia and China will then have to decide what to do..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

"... U.S. committed to Israel's security"

Change we all can believe in?

WW3:
Israel - USA (Nato) - India Coalition against Iran - SCO - Pakistan Coalition.

Iran will strike US forces with everything they have - thats only natural beginning of the endgame. USA will face all out violence and war in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran. South America will fuse situation.

Israel will face Hezbollah, Palestinian militants, Syrian and Jordanian Forces and Iranian missiles. Turkey will join with Islamistic world - that will turn everything uppside down. Egypt will face possible revolution.

SCO will dissmiss India membership - SCO will face NATO in few years.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
If NK attacks SK and Japan...
You bet your balls Israel will go after Iran in the light of the news.
Iran will retaliate..

From there? Who knows?

U.S, Russia and China will then have to decide what to do..

and the NWO orders Third World War Begins

even if none of this happens, you mark my words there will be a WWIII it's in the NWO agenda, now or later... its just the way things are going now its a perfect setup

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I say drop the nukes already. Let us have a nuclear winter, and a large population decrease. What they heck. We (humans) have managed to evolve into greedy, self-serviant beings that don't care about anything but ourselves. When there's glass parking lots all over the world, maybe then we'll realize how terrible we really are...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Lets keep the flow in point... Another breaking news:

( ... And dont say you didnt know! )

PM: We may be forced to attack Iran

The primary imperative for the United States and President Barack Obama is to put an end to Iran's nuclear race, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said before his swearing-in Tuesday, adding that if the US failed to do so Israel might be forced to resort to a military strike on the Islamic Republic's nuclear installations.

"The Obama presidency has two great missions: fixing the economy, and preventing Iran from gaining nuclear weapons," Netanyahu told The Atlantic. The Iranian drive for a nuclear weapon was a "hinge of history," he said, emphasizing that all of "Western civilization" was responsible for preventing an Iranian bomb.

"You don't want a messianic apocalyptic cult controlling atomic bombs," Netanyahu said of the Iranian regime. "When the wide-eyed believer gets hold of the reins of power and the weapons of mass death, then the entire world should start worrying, and that is what is happening in Iran."

www.jpost.com...

Abbas: Bibi doesn't believe in peace

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas charged on Wednesday that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu did not believe in peace, urging the international community to exert pressure on him to accept a two-state solution.

www.jpost.com...

- And this is only the first day those maniacs are in power -

"DISARM ISRAEL NOW!"

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wow. How astute of you, General. Have you just started keeping up on curent events? Been visiting ATS lately?

Wait, my sarcasm is maybe wrongly directed at the General. He was, after all, addressing congress. They indeed seem to be clueless as to what is going on around them.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
diregard.

Info located thanks.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by jam321]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Last, but not least - so even the "dumbest dumbs" can see what is coming ---

Benjamin Netanyahu takes office with a warning to Iran

Benjamin Netanyahu declared that a "radical regime" with nuclear weapons was the "biggest danger to humanity" on Tuesday as he took office as Israel's prime minister.

Addressing the Knesset at his government's inauguration, Mr Netanyahu's speech was filled with implicit references to Iran. "Extremist Islam" posed a great threat, he said, but there was "no question mark over the state of Israel's existence. We won't let any person or state to put a question mark over our existence".

www.telegraph.co.uk...

- "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" - I am so sorry about this shameful song by zionist USrael, first recorded by JayMcCain.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Catch it! ...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So what did Iran say, anyways, when the IAF destroyed their trucks in Sudan full of rockets?????????

#.All.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I agree about the NWO!

The world is definitely falling apart faster than we can keep up.

I assume Iran is also aware of this. My suspicion all along is that Iran bombs Israel first causing a massive Israeli Air strike blowing the sh*# out of Iran.

I do wish Israel luck.

Israel recently asked to use Iraqi air space but was denied. They have been planning this for some time now.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm all for Israel getting themselves blown off the map. The Isreali government has been too bloated for to long. The second they declare war on Iran is the second that the US is like "Helllll no, beotch. You on your own, home dawg."
The US has enough problems to deal with at home.

Not to mention that the public would be completely against another war. We've had 7 years of death to deal with. The public is fed up.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
WW3:

I don't see it happening. If/when Israel decides to demolish Iran's potential for developing nuclear weapons, the USA is indeed committed to stepping up in support of Israel, as are many other Western nations.

When this happens, the other Islamic nations will do nothing to provoke a more widespread invasion.

The lesson that Muslims learned during the Iraq War can be summed up thus: Western invaders will defeat themselves through public dissent. The U.S. and Coalition forces in Iraq were certainly not defeated by ragtag bands of insurgents — it was anti-war sentiment in the USA and Britain and Europe that threw a monkey wrench into the war effort. Same thing that happened with Vietnam.

If there is any retaliation on the part of Islamic nations, it will be seen as justification for an all-out Western invasion of the Middle East, and public sentiment in the West will favor such invasion.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/1/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

WW3:

I don't see it happening. If/when Israel decides to demolish Iran's potential for developing nuclear weapons, the USA is indeed committed to stepping up in support of Israel, as are many other Western nations.

Only if Israel is attacked first, which will not happen. I also think even if they are attacked first, they're going to find out they have fewer friends than they think they do.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Only if Israel is attacked first, which will not happen. I also think even if they are attacked first, they're going to find out they have fewer friends than they think they do.

Well, this may lead us into a different conspiracy thread, but I think Israel pulls a lot more weight than most people believe. Somehow, tiny Israel has enjoyed an almost supernatural immunity to outside aggression while surrounded by the most hostile Muslim nations. Although Israel itself has committed some of the most aggressive acts against its neighbors for over 60 years, the Jewish state remains an almost invincible force in the Middle East.

Could it be simply because the USA has supplied Israel with the weapons technology and intelligence to intimidate its neighbors in such an exaggerated manner? Could it be because Israel is but the cheese in an immense Western rat trap, just waiting for the Muslim nations to take the bait? Or could it be that the Jewish state really is the promised land of God's "chosen people"?

For whatever reason, it's a force which the Muslims of the Middle East are very wary of challenging.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
I say drop the nukes already. Let us have a nuclear winter, and a large population decrease. What they heck. We (humans) have managed to evolve into greedy, self-serviant beings that don't care about anything but ourselves. When there's glass parking lots all over the world, maybe then we'll realize how terrible we really are...

I can't agree more with you. However, due to the radiation levels, I'd be very pissed if we had a third arm growing from our chest...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

reply to post by xbranscombex

"... U.S. committed to Israel's security"

Change we all can believe in?

WW3:

Iran will strike US forces with everything they have - thats only natural beginning of the endgame. USA will face all out violence and war in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran. South America will fuse situation.

Israel will face Hezbollah, Palestinian militants, Syrian and Jordanian Forces and Iranian missiles. Turkey will join with Islamistic world - that will turn everything uppside down. Egypt will face possible revolution.

SCO will dissmiss India membership - SCO will face NATO in few years.

This is perhaps the most crazed conspiracy and conjecture out there. Not only from a factual standpoint but also from a theoretical standpoint.

First, NATO and Israel would not be working together against anybody. Israel doesnt need NATO help to take on IRAN. It can do it pretty much alone.

Second, even if the SCO, IRAN and Pakistan took on USA alone, the USA would trash them easily. We can deploy nukes every which way and deploy forces any where in the world. Nobody else can do that.

Third, India doesnt care about SCO membership, it brings them nothing. Also, Russia and China dont get along and wouldnt co-operate in a military action at all. Just read their history and you'll know why.

Lastly, Pakistan is already pretty much in all out war with itself. They dont dare attack the US because we would just as easily let the Indians wipe them out. The US funds Pakistan's military and keeps the Indians from killing them all. The Iranians would never attack US in Iraq because then the IRaqi's would unite against the Iranians as they hate them more than any US presence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join