It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petraeus: Israel might attack Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by JanusFIN
WW3:
Israel - USA (Nato) - India Coalition against Iran - SCO - Pakistan Coalition.

I don't see it happening. If/when Israel decides to demolish Iran's potential for developing nuclear weapons, the USA is indeed committed to stepping up in support of Israel, as are many other Western nations.

Only if Israel is attacked first, which will not happen. I also think even if they are attacked first, they're going to find out they have fewer friends than they think they do.

Thats what Saddam Hussein thought. Didnt stop Israel from attacking his nuclear ambitions. Not to mention the Syrians recently. Iran is not even as strong as Saddam was. Iraq before Desert Strom had the most advanced SAM system in the Gulf. Iran has a few S-300 systems, no where near to give them good coverage.

Heck the IDF already practiced simulated attack runs in the Mediterranean with Iran in mind.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well, this may lead us into a different conspiracy thread, but I think Israel pulls a lot more weight than most people believe. Somehow, tiny Israel has enjoyed an almost supernatural immunity to outside aggression while surrounded by the most hostile Muslim nations.

Where have you been living for the past 50 years ??

Supernatural immunity ??? You got to be kidding~!

What were Intifada-1 and Intifada-2 then ? Foreplay ??

Not to mention, the 3 wars that they have had to fight against 3-4 countries simultaneously.

Also, the terrorists from Lebanon and Syria like Hezbullah, Islamic Jihad etc

Even to this day they face Hamas rocket barrages!

What is this supernatural immunity that crackpots keep raving about ?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Also, Russia and China dont get along and wouldnt co-operate in a military action at all. Just read their history and you'll know why.

Perhaps it wouldn't play out as was stated, but there is plenty of recent precedent that contradicts your assertion that China and Russia would not cooperate in a military action.

Russia: Joint Military Exercises With China A Result Of New Strategic Partnership -- Radio Free Europe August 18, 2005

Russia and China hold joint military exercise -- (subscription article) International Herald Tribune August 17, 2007

Russia, China plan new joint military exercises -- United Press International Mar 26, 2009

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
First if you read those articles they will tell you that those joint exercises dont mean anything. Next, those exercises were a very small contingent of soldiers for each country. Also, the US has held similar "joint exercises" with the Russians a few times. english.people.com.cn...

They dont really mean anything significant other than some political maneuvering. Holding drills and evolving a military relationship are two very different things. To actually form a military alliance, they would need to evolve a unified command, a unified plan of action and unified communications and intelligence sharing. They have none of these things.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

I see. So there's nothing to it then.
Ok. Fine.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Where have you been living for the past 50 years ?? Supernatural immunity ??? You got to be kidding~!

I didn't say that Israel hasn't been challenged. It certainly has. I'm saying that Israel survives such challenges with almost supernatural tenacity. This tiny Jewish state, surrounded by hostile nations, has survived for more than 60 years in spite of the overwhelming odds.

What is this supernatural immunity that crackpots keep raving about ?

I wasn't aware of any such "ravings," could you please direct me to them? And you might want to watch your pots closely, lest they get cracked.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think it's a foregone conclusion.

Israel will attack Iran and a war will spread through the Middle East.

When it stops a world government, maybe the U.N. will move to Jerusalem and label it the capital of the world.

Ex prime minister Shimon Peres said The UN should move to Jerusalem and Jerusalem should be the capital of the world and the UN secretary the Mayor of the world.

I think the collapse of the United States will coincide with a war between Israel and Iran.

I also think it's planned. The NWO is no longer secret and after Bush 41 said it in the State of the Union, I said then that they will collapse the American economy to introduce a new currency. It's the only way to bring the U.S. under some type of global regulation from a global government.

Sometimes I wonder is the NWO is a religious movement. These people destroy nations and peoples lives to reach this goal. Does it have something to do with lucifer? Who do they see as lucifer? Is it an energy, extra-terrestrial or a human that will take control of a government body. Is lucifer an ideal of human control over a global government?

I know this, they follow this thing with religious zeal and it's obvious that they are trying to make a move.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Thats what Saddam Hussein thought. Didnt stop Israel from attacking his nuclear ambitions. Not to mention the Syrians recently. Iran is not even as strong as Saddam was. Iraq before Desert Strom had the most advanced SAM system in the Gulf. Iran has a few S-300 systems, no where near to give them good coverage.

Heck the IDF already practiced simulated attack runs in the Mediterranean with Iran in mind.

this was an April fools joke wasn't it?

Suddam had just come out of an 8 year war with Iran the first time the US went in.
after that Iraq had had sanctions placed upon them for years before the US went in again.
My Grandmother could have taken Iraq out with a bad hip and a walking frame.

Iran on the other hand was still able to put a sattelitte into orbit with sanctions imposed upon it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by platosallegory
I think the collapse of the United States will coincide with a war between Israel and Iran.

Anytime I hear talk of the USA collapsing, I think of the Lilliputians judging the giant Gulliver. That's the way I see the critics of America — yeah, they've got an equal voice, and we appreciate their input, but they're just so tiny, we could accidentally squish them. I don't see the USA collapsing. Yes, there may be one hell of a fight for American sovereignty, there may even be another Revolution or Civil War, but the USA isn't going away.

The USA is the goose that laid the golden egg, as far as the rest of the world is concerned. America invented the modern world, America even invented the NWO. How do you get away from that?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Israel doesnt need NATO help to take on IRAN. It can do it pretty much alone.

except it can`t - it requires US tanker assests to reach more than 1% of targets and thats with violating saudi airspace = expect Tornado F3`s and F-15`s to intercept the IAF aircraft.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Somehow, tiny Israel has enjoyed an almost supernatural immunity to outside aggression while surrounded by the most hostile Muslim nations. Although Israel itself has committed some of the most aggressive acts against its neighbors for over 60 years, the Jewish state remains an almost invincible force in the Middle East.

I wouldnt call the world's 2nd largest fleet of F-16s, nor one of the most heavily modernised militaries in the world, 'supernatural'... not to mention their stockpile of nuclear weapons. I do think Israel would be the victors unless they were struck pre-emptively, they have the best equipment, conscription as a law, and 60 years of experience!

As for the articles they've been pulling those punches for years, and it hasnt happened, pray it doesnt, but war is humanity, it probably will eventually... damn religious fervour. If they put their whole war mentality into peace mentality they'd all be having picnics together.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If you must know, here it is.

It's your Birthday!!

Forbidden?

Hmmm.

Born again?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
If Israel wants to take on the entire middle east, exactly why should the western world get involved? It's their fight not ours.

If they want to prove their superiority, let them try... but let them do it without an ounce of help from us.

I refuse to bloody my hands as a favor to someone who wants to pull off a blatant expansion attempt.

You may argue they're our allies... but why?
Why are they our allies? when have they ever come to our aid?

Alliances are a give and take system... if all they're doing is taking, I don't see why we should keep giving.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Ofcours , they need an catalyst to start this somewhere, and may I remind y'all that camelot spoke of Iran being the Cataslyst for ww3 a year ago.. Much they say tend to come forth,I'm just waiting for the internet goes byebye.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The stage is being set gentlemen, the teams are picking their players and the pieces are being moved.

-North Korea launches "rocket" - Japan/US shoot it down= N.K vs Jap/S.K/US
Possibly ending in Nuclear attack on Japan or S.K

-Israel attacks nuclear sites in Iran= Match that ignites middle east.
Ending in Israel having to launch Nuclear missiles to save itself from imminent annihilation from all sides.

-Pakistan tries to use the chaos to reclaim Kashmir causing a war with India.
-China now uses this to reclaim Taiwan and possibly moves into regions of India or Mongolia.
-Russia helps China with Mongolia in turn China feeds troops and weaponry into N.K to help keep the US busy. (Covertly)
-India being confronted on two sides and at risk of loosing major land to China will have no choice but to launch Nuclear weapons.
-Russia goes after claims in the Canadian Arctic, South Osetia, and muscles in on Kazakhstan causing NATO to react. In turn all Satellites not belonging to NATO/US/EU will be destroyed in space by the NATO satellites.
-Now that US's army is seen as being stretched thin south America will take this opportunity to strike at it's hated foe. This will give the US a chance to remove Chavez by conventional means at first and Nuclear if needed.
-Russia will try and launch Nuclear missiles from it's many Nuclear subs hidden near the US and the US will at this point have to reveal it's space weaponry program and destroy the threat from space.

Now that we've started to get it out of our system and our hearts for war grow wary we get attacked from an "Alien" threat!
This causes us as a species to put aside our hatred and unite against our common enemy and threat to Humanity.
We win out in the end and the One world Gov and religion are galvanized.

Humanity makes leaps and bounds in technology and space travel by reversing the alien technology found after/during the Alien war.

The new Imperium of Man ventures out into space...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
If Israel wants to take on the entire middle east, exactly why should the western world get involved? It's their fight not ours.

If they want to prove their superiority, let them try... but let them do it without an ounce of help from us.

I refuse to bloody my hands as a favor to someone who wants to pull off a blatant expansion attempt.

You may argue they're our allies... but why?
Why are they our allies? when have they ever come to our aid?

Alliances are a give and take system... if all they're doing is taking, I don't see why we should keep giving.

Many people feel this way. We have to hope that some sensibility prevails.

It doesn't seem to me that killing people, especially lots of people, is a good course of action. Another question, if another war starts,what happens to the US economy?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc VelocityCould it be simply because the USA has supplied Israel with the weapons technology and intelligence to intimidate its neighbors in such an exaggerated manner? Could it be because Israel is but the cheese in an immense Western rat trap, just waiting for the Muslim nations to take the bait? Or could it be that the Jewish state really is the promised land of God's "chosen people"?

For whatever reason, it's a force which the Muslims of the Middle East are very wary of challenging.

— Doc Velocity

The reason, most likely, is because the Arab nations have been defeated several times since 1948. That, in conjunction with the strong suspicion that Israel has nukes, is enough to keep them at bay. Israel certainly did do its homework through having America and the West as its Bitch for the last few decades (And probably before that too).

I highly doubt the Jews' claim that they are God's chosen people - You just have to read their history to see that if those blood-thirsty bastards really are, there is something deeply wrong with the universe. The same can be said with regards to the Christians and, dare I say, Muslims too. I don't think anyone is "God's chosen people" - We all are through our actions in this world. It's quite simple - You are a Good person is life, you are on God's good side, and you are a Bad person is life, you are on God's bad side.

Whatever will happen in the future will happen. No point saying you know what is going to happen - Lost count how many people say this or that is going to happen, they have a feeling something is going to happen, but nothing does. Calm down, relax, sit back and watch.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reality check please people

www.globalsecurity.org...

its at best 1500 km or over 800 miles , 1 way to Bushehr (similar to Tehran)

and in a straight line they would have to fly accross Iraq and Jordan , and possibly northern saudi arabia - RJAF has F-16`s and Mirage F1 , SAudi has Tornado F3 and F-15S and none of them , unless paid off will allow israel to openly use there airspace

and as for other targets - they are over 2000 km and some 2500 one way

combat radius - with a `good` warload the F-16 has a range of 550 km - with 6 x 1000lb bombs , so to increase the range to actually reach iran , you`ll be wangting 2 or likely 3 drop tanks (inner wing and belly) and the CFT`s as well and be refueled after take off and over the gulf

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

There are supposed to be Russian Oniks missiles in Iran. H/S Batman, if this is true then the force there is formidable.

Can the Russians let the US and it's allies overrun Iran? If they do it will be green light for the Eastern European missile defense shield.

If Iran is attacked, Russia must resupply them, or say goodbye to it's interests in the Black Sea area.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I've read this thread for a few months now, and if I believe in a Conspiracy Theory of a few people running the world is beside the point.. WW3 will happen regardless. Little old men don't have to run the world for that, it's in our nature.

What has existed since the beginning of man? War..

And with modern technology, it's only a matter of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join