It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being queer is a sexual disorder

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
They were seen as brave for owning up to their dysfunction.

Why is it that pointing out that "not being straight is a disorder, a dysfunction (a form of dysmorphia), a compulsion" is HATE SPEECH?

I would rather a child, who may have a predisposition to dysfunctional behavior, read something or be exposed to the truth that being so is NOT normal early on than succumb to whatever form his predisposition may take. ..

and what proof have you shown that it is a disorder?? what? the artical in the op?? most psycologists state that this is crap. that claims like this is psudeo science, so having them be exposed to this suposed truth nomatter the psycological and emotional damage it may cause.? wow to cause this much pain to push an idea thats steadily being discredited.. gotta respect the compasion and understanding in that arena...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271
reply to post by XIZTENZ

One of the few logical posts on here.

Another common trait associated with homosexuals is confusion beyond sexual orientation so there's not much that's going to get done here. We might get some people thinking, but really it's a hugfest for homos.

Oh that was real classy man. It's often been said that we are what we hate.
And don't try to come off as innocent. Intentionally using the word homos isn't something people do in honest debates.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Literally.. What a crock of crap. Having grown up with a brother who was gay, his femininity was quite obvious right at the outset, many years before he ever approached puberty.

With all the ridicule from our father and the community at large, Catholic School, Public High School, overt or surreptitiously, if he had a choice to be straight, he would have taken it. It was the fifties and sixties and was NOT fashionable in any way to be "a queer". I don't think getting beaten up was ever fun for him or could ever change him.

In my opinion, it is definitely a Chemical/Biological difference.

I'm a Contractor, an artist, and a performer, often playing Romantic Leads in Musical Comedies/Theatrical Productions ( I've been nominated for numerous awards for set design/construction and creating period treatments ). What I have noticed after performing in/with Company Dance numbers is that like my brother, the pheromone odor in the perspiration of Gay Men is very different than from Straight.

I think most straight guys subconsciously pick up on this difference, too. Pheromones are present, though less so, in even a office type environment, etc..

Additionally, your comment about the Animal Kingdom is patently false.
Sea Mammals such as Whales and Dolphins are just one example disproving this provincial myth.

Regarding AIDS, you really should read Harvard/Tufts Alumni, Dr Len Horowitz's book "Emerging Viruses"
and other Best Selling works of his... it will help you stop from shoving your foot in your mouth even further yet.

Nice try.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mcguyvermanolo

Thank you very much for bringing something logical to the table. I'm sure that because I'm gay whatever I say won't be taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i'm still waiting for a logical response to my question on a reliable source for homosexuality being a disorder, and not the blatant garbage thats comonly used as an excuse to discriminate ..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragQueen4Peace
reply to post by mcguyvermanolo

Thank you very much for bringing something logical to the table. I'm sure that because I'm gay whatever I say won't be taken seriously.

Darlin' I think you rock!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Christians, your attention please. First, I should say that I'm a Christian. Yes I am. But I'm nothing like 99.6% of the Christians on Earth right now, so unlike them in fact that I've just now chosen to start calling myself a "Jeshuan." (Jeshua, or Yeshua, was Jesus' actual name, you know. Jeshua ben Joseph. Look it up.) I follow Christ's teachings, I live my life as I believe he would want, I let others be who they are, he is my lord and savior, and I believe it's an inescapable logical conclusion that he's fairly appalled at how much Christians hate their fellow man as much as you dicks do. Need some help figuring that one out?

Matthew 22:
"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Mark 12:
"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Luke 10:
He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

THREE TIMES in three different books does it say to love everyone... and yet, Jesus not once mentioned homosexuality, as if he (and/or Matthew, Mark, and Luke, devout men of God) didn't see the issue as important enough to give any guidance about it. So explain, haters: why do you CHOOSE to hate us, again? Clearly, Jesus is telling you to do the exact opposite. And don't give me that "Love the sinner, hate the sin" mantra; it was first said by Gandhi, and later adopted by Christians, who now use it as a way around this very issue and others like it. (One trillion dollars to anyone who can show me the Bible verse containing it, in any translation.) You hate us. We, the homos, who somehow manage to threaten your safety with our nelly ways. Our ways are not the sin here. It is your refusal to tolerate and LOVE us that is the sin, and I believe I've effectively demonstrated that fact herein. And before you raise the spectre of Leviticus that's supposed to make us quake with fear, think about two things for me.

One; the feast at the house of Cornelius, where Simon Peter proved to everyone that the Mosaic Law no longer applied. It wasn't just food that vision told him about. It was symbolic of so much more.

Two; Judgment Day is coming. If we are to be damned for being gay, God will get around to it then. There's no need for you to interfere in any way. He's the only judge I'll ever recognize on this issue.

Discuss. And in the meantime...

I John 4:
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Luvya, meanit. (PS: to all the people who hate us for non-religious reasons, could you please explain yourselves? WHY? What's the point? Really, I just don't get it...)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XIZTENZ
Its not genetic, its not the old female brain trick, its the parents.

I guess animals that don't parent their young and therefore never had parents in the wild as a natural part of their life can blame the parents when they turn out homosexual too? Wouldn't that actually be a form of genetics?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DragQueen4Peace

You know, it's not very good for you to be so defensive about these issues. And saying that you won't be listened to because of any reason is childish as only biggots would disregard your opinion and were obviously not all biggots

Now I am gay too, hapily married and have 3 children (none of which are gay) and have been attempting to add constructive dialogue to this conversation but I have noticed a trend here.

This thread is NOT about hating homosexuals, it is not about discriminating against them, it is not about our rights in any way. This thread was about discussing the possibility of it being a genetic, biological, hereditary or mutative phenomena among men and women.

The rhetoric I have observed (yes mine included) contains alot of ignorance and bashing among some people and then moves back to talking about love and gay rights.

Were trying to have scientific conversation about the causes of homosexuality, now that article was obviously biased and drastically un-realistic. However I will agree that being gay is something that happens at the biological level.

I never had a father figure growing up and my older siblings were nowhere to be found. Did that give me a pre-disposition to being gay? Perhaps, it certainly has crossed my mind.

However when I think back to my early childhood I can vividly remember that something about me was very different, and never dreaming about the wife and kids scenario.

We already know that chemical reactions that occur in the brain are the cause of our emotions, likes, dislikes and a plethora of other things. Attraction is also handled by these things and scientists have found that there is a very big difference in the chemical compound that creates attraction in gays vs straights. That in itself proves that there is something on the biological level that is pushing these behaviours and feelings through.

Another poster previously mentioned homosexuality as a population control mechanism developped by nature. That would make alot of sense, since we do know that mother nature creates balance for all things.

In any case, this discussion is NOT about gay rights. It's a scientific debate regarding the reasons behind homosexuality.

I am all for gay rights and there is no ammount of words that could describe my complete and total sadness with regards to some people's rhetoric and refusal to simply accept things the way they are, however this particular thread is not the place to voice those concerns.

Please take any rhetoric be it positive or negative that would de-rail the thread somewhere else please.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by johnstnpilot

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I find articles and studies like this highly amusing. Being a homosexual myself, I can tell you that yes, SOME gay men have many and multiple sexual encounters and partners, but not all. Just like heterosexuals, some of us are more active and some are not. Proscribing such behavior to one sexual orientation is close-minded and extremely limited. What I most want to know is: Where are the facts and statistics to back up this article, and where did it originate?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

i for one am trying to discus this as i really want to know why some view it as a diisorder
and i still havent heard anything in the form of non discredited rhetoric for this being the case.. i asked reject but all he and a few others seem to want to do is bait..

so i'm still waiting for the supposed evedence that is being used for this hypotheses..

i truly think its rather obvious that the same process that makes people straight makes others gay, gay is as natural as being straight.
[edit on 2-4-2009 by scorand]

[edit on 2-4-2009 by scorand]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The proof

Gay men have 8 times the sexual partners of straight men.

I've only dated 4 people by the age of 35. Those are my sexual partners.
My uncle whom I've shown this article has had one partner for 32 years.
If I have 8 times more partners then straight men then I can perfectly
understand all this past concern over keeping the species going. (Virgin Virgin!)
Promiscuous gays, yeah we have them. Promiscuous straight folks..yeah those too.

Gay party going on.
If the man in this article was invited to that kind of gay party he is gay or bisexual or he would never be invited. I know for a fact that he is lying anyway. See this gay party he talks about with guys slipping into the bathroom is utter lunacy.
Why hide in the bathroom when there are bedrooms? I've been to those parties and never had sex there but, just to hang out with friends and never saw anyone getting it on in the bathroom. I would know if there were as I drank a lot in those days and urinated like a horse. Perhaps this bathroom scene is in this man's fantasy

Dangerous Lifestyle
The only danger I have been in would be harassed by religious kooks and the emotional damage of growing up amongst them.

Open relationship/marriage
Never been in one. I'm married anyway regardless of law, just can't get the economic advantage of straight folk in regards to that.

Gay Lifestyle In The Military
One of my dear friends died in Iraq. He was gay and in the military.
He died a hero just like a straight guy while still being considered a 3rd class citizen. Ironic that he planned to get married in California when he returned home.

Sexual addiction
I wish I was as ravenous about sex as this article makes me out to be as I think my partner might like that.

Sexual liberation
We don't need that, it has always been here. Maybe it was out of the public eye but, it still happened since mankind began.

Treatment for Homosexuals
Doesn't work. This "treatment" has always been a failure and always will be.
The few that claim to be cured are in no doubt shamed into denial.
I'll give this man a clue though to the extent of his perceived problem.

Look on craigslist under dating m/m and see all those married bisexual men looking for some down low. Send the patrol to "The Castle" (gay club in Greenville SC) on a Saturday during what some gays call "Bob Jones University Night" in regards to a lot of the Bob Jones religious seminary students showing up to find a hook up under the radar.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
While this thread might be shown to represent a discussion on whether being gay is a sexual disorder or not, I think the OP has a darker agenda. His mind is made up and he does not care whether his statement is valid or not. Just intuition.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well I am positive that homosexuality is deviance (and sin!) because it's in God's unfailing, inerrant, literal word. And its not just Old Testament but New Testament as well, for Paul declares it in Romans (though probably referring to the OT Leviticus passage).

Any you know what? The bible also condemns eating shellfish and hooved animals (pork) so that is also deviance. And you know what else? The New Testament also forbids women from speaking in church so that also is deviance. And you know what else? Genesis declares that no plants had ever sprouted before man came on the seen so I am going to also put science in 'the axis of evil.'

Well, just a little entertainment for you bible thumpers (cause that is the ultimate source for such foolishness as the OP mentions).

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

i think its really more of deviance from church docturine..

but still no scientific evedence that homosexuality is a disorder??

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
If someone is gay or straight, it is the same as someone with black or brown hair.

People DO NOT choose their sexuality.

And having said that, people should definitely not be judged for being gay or straight.

We will all be judged in the end, and this will have nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

I would just like to ask you - why, then, did he create homosexuals and dykes?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join