It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: out of Iraq by March 31, 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Can't believe how people fell for Obama like they did while he was running. It's actually very sad, and somewhat frightening. It certainly lowers my hope for what the American people can accomplish together any more.

They don't seam to have their own legs to stand on anymore. They are directed by media and government fairytales. Sad indeed...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Long story short, due to the fact that the government is not regulated by the average joe ( not necessarilly of the plumber variety
), unless you're one of the swollen bellied fat cats on capitol hill the system works against you.
Change we can believe in? Superficially? Yeah the charismatic president everyone can adore, but actual tooth and nail change which would put everyone on a level playing field? Not a chance! If you didnt see this coming, you were hoodwinked.

Its the difference between eating mud without ketchup, and eating mud with ketchup, either way, you're still eating mud.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Interesting. I believe he is now considering stepping up military operations in Pakistan .. either through "aiding" the Pakistani's, or toppling the already weak political structure, we can only intemperate from his speeches.

So far he has proven to be anything but anti-war.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Raabjorn

You can say that there's no hope in the Americans, but they couldn't help it. They voted for Obama for the same reason they voted for every other president before.

Everyone just believes what they are told (i.e. is easily brainwashed, Obama hypnotised the people!), and then complain afterwards when it's too late. It's a cycle.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Obama is in on it. He wants the war to continue just all of you watch as soon as he starts to bring the army back out of iraq. WHAMO. The second comming of christ will happen and the battle of armagedon will start. This will please Obama and his NWO counterparts because the can keep the war going and they will keep making money. Many lives will be lost and sexualy sugestive foods will be made illegal (like tacos).

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

The famous excuse worldwide for being a supporter of a lame President "You can't trust politicians anyway", "I hate politics, so I don't vote", "Give him a chance!"

Then why don't we just accept the fact that our countries are led by scoundrels. People voted for Obama because of all the promises he made that were false. So why bother voting for someone who is lying about his promises.

This is why we have a lame president in Taiwan now. The candidate who promises the most money and peace to the people is the winner. However, he will give neither to the people in the end, so stop dreaming!

Taiwan now has one of the worst economies of all developing countries, and is uniting with Nazi China. Watch Obama as he joins the UK and the EU to form the New World Order.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Well, he has two days to make good on this.
This was from a debate on CNN, apparently an earlier one. AS the candidate field is fairly large.

Video is here:
Out by March 2009

Here is a text, if you have a slow connection.

Begin a phased withdrawal, have our combat troops out by march 31st of next year,
and initiate the kind of diplomatic surge that is necessary in the surrounding regions.

Make sure that everybody is carrying their weight, and that is what I will do on DAY ONE as

President of the United States.

This is one of the things that got this man elected. Obama the Anti-war candidate.

You have two days sir!

[edit on 29-3-2009 by spacedoubt]

I'm in Iraq right now. And i can tell you all, i'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Another unkept campaign promise, who knew?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

No sir. People voted for Obama because he looks like JFK. He made promises but hell who dosen't. My father made me promises and broke them, he had to do 8 years in prison. Now he has to register and let his neighbors know that he is registered

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
Remember when running for office you can say anything to get elected. The downside is that We The People will hold you accountable. Go down the check list of what obama said he would do when running for office if elected and one of the things he promised was change and he surely has done that well but he forgot to tell you what $Trillions$ of change meant.

Wrong wrong wrong.

If any politician told the 100% truth with 100% realisable promises before they were elected they would never get elected for one simple reason: The bureacratic civil service machine is very slow and cumbersome and resistant to change. The only possible promises would be so weak no one would be interested.

You (not me cos I know) the people want big fundamental changes and that is what you vote for. Well dream on. Such changes take years and require 2 or 3 possibly 4 administrations to implement UNLESS there is a catastrophic event. War (cross continental) is the usual one. The recent banking collapse could trigger a change, hopefully it will.

So YOU the people have yourself to blame for not being politically aware enough to realise how slow democratic government is.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It doesn't bother me he made campaign promises and the changed circumstances can change however, On foreign relations he spoke loud and long about removing embarrassment from the reputation of the United States to our allies. He promptly begins his administration by giving the very first sit down interviews to networks run by our enemies. He then insults Great Britain three times, our closest ally of all. He has alienated Israel our closest ally in the mid-east. And topping it off, about two weeks ago his administration dealt with Brazil, our closest ally in South America, with the same kind of "White House gift shop" hospitality he had just kicked Great Britain in the knees with.

On national security Chavez has taunted him, North Korea has threatened him, Iran has burned him in effigy, and Russia, Cuba, and Venezuela are plotting ways to put Russian long range bombers in our hemisphere and directly off our coast.

On terrorism Iran, Al Qaeda, and bin Ladin are openly laughing at him. Maybe his giving Hamas -- a terror group, on the international terror watch list -- 90 million dollars, wasn't quite the bold stroke of genius his cabinet told him it would be. Be afraid Joe Biden warned that America's enemies would test Barack Obama with an international crisis within six months if he's elected president and times almost up!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Clearly whatever take or opinion you choose to have on this or this man.
He is a liar.
Plain and simple.
You don't promise to do things, then change your mind.
Unless you are a woman

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yes, he lied...AGAIN. Actually, nothing he speaks is true, so far as I can tell. I might be able to give him a chance on this one if he had actually been working on it, but as he is sending more troops to Afghanistan and considering Pakistan and has been so hell bent on driving this country so far in debt and dictating how the automakers should be running their businesses, etc., no.

I wonder how many members of the military and their families voted for this fraud thinking they and their loved ones might be home before too long and what sort of reactions they are having.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I didn't vote for him, or the other front runner, but I really don't get the glee I read on these boards or the internet lately. Americans, all Americans have been beaten down for the 8 years with nothing but garbage and as much as they want to believe that we're doing "the right thing" they know that too, is a lie. And it's based upon the biggest lie this country has ever seen, that the majority of thinking Americans know isn't true, even if they won't admit it to themselves.

But what pisses me off is that for the first time in my adult life it was nice to see people with a bit of that overused catchphrase: hope. And now they're considered idiots, like wanting peace and stability is a stupid pipe dream. I knew we'd be right where we are now, and I bet I'm not alone, but I'm certainly not going to tell my liberal friends I told you so, just like I don't blame the conservative friends for Bush.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by TylerKing]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I have a friend in the Army Reserve and he says his unit is deploying to Iraq in January 2010. So so much for being out of Iraq by tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
Remember when running for office you can say anything to get elected. The downside is that We The People will hold you accountable. Go down the check list of what obama said he would do when running for office if elected and one of the things he promised was change and he surely has done that well but he forgot to tell you what $Trillions$ of change meant.

So this is what you are left with ? Satisfaction of replacing a thief with another after 4 years ? I mean it's "only" 4 years

This system appeared to replace the system with kings, where the king could not be replaced. So now people get to replace a puppet every 4 years, but have no chance to change anything else.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
No surprise to me obama hasn't kept his word!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Anyone who fell for the Obama will save us show is asleep, this dude is a puppet. Anyone who is in the army and police force are just asleep. wake up...gengus!!!

[edit on 30/3/09 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Proof enough:

Same rulers, different puppets

Bob Schiefer informed Pres. Obama in an interview yesterday that it is now "his war". Obama replied that it is "America's war". Since when? Congress didn't declare a war...so it's NOT America's war.

Those who died over there (Iraq and Pakistan), died for Bush and now for Obama and they will have the blood on their hands. Both of these "leaders" and our congressional "leaders" are so devoid of morals that they really don't care what you and I think. The lust for power has made them madmen

[edit on 30-3-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I do remember that Bush's last visit , when he got the shoe thrown at him, at Iraq was to sign a contract with the Iraq dude saying that the troops well not be out of Iraq until 2012 (4 more yrs) .....and its non negotiable..... What did we get side tracked with the shoe throwing......SMOKE SCREEN!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Eh, the Obama supporters will say something to still support the man after the 31st. Maybe their argument will be something like the current situation requires that we stay in Iraq longer. People always support their heroes no matter what.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by they see ALL]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join